• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got my old GameCube hooked up and running and, in honor of Halloween, decided to play the original Resident Evil 4 but noticed the original release version seems harder than the ports that came afterwards. Playing on just normal at the first house I noticed the enemies bobbed and weaved to dodge my head aiming much more actively compared to the few times it might happen in later ports and at the village section I noticed they much more actively tried to surround me compared to the run or slow walk directly at me in the later ports. Is that just all in my head or were later ports tweaked with a lower difficulty?
Isn't that the dynamic difficulty the game has?

I recently got my old GameCube hooked up and running and, in honor of Halloween, decided to play the original Resident Evil 4 but noticed the original release version seems harder than the ports that came afterwards. Playing on just normal at the first house I noticed the enemies bobbed and weaved to dodge my head aiming much more actively compared to the few times it might happen in later ports and at the village section I noticed they much more actively tried to surround me compared to the run or slow walk directly at me in the later ports. Is that just all in my head or were later ports tweaked with a lower difficulty?
I'm completely certain they tweaked the controls / difficulty because I agree that the ports are easier.

I finally finished Fire Emblem Three Houses. After 2 years and 2 times stopping the game. It feels good to work on my backlog.

The game did have some flaws (to slow beginning and balancing all over the place) but specially the second half of the game i enjoyed a lot.

Now looking back i can really say its a great game and was worth my time.

Been living in job hell for the last couple of days. Have managed to squeeze in a ALttP dungeon here and there but I want mooooooooore.

I know this isn't the right place for this sort of outburst but yall I have such a man crush on Andrew Rea I wanna be him when I grow up even though he's younger than me

So what’s the first game you guys plan to play on N64 and Genesis NSO tomorrow? Probably Dr Mario 64 and MUSHA for me
tumblr_nq1vvoES5h1rfqcklo1_400.gifv

So what’s the first game you guys plan to play on N64 and Genesis NSO tomorrow? Probably Dr Mario 64 and MUSHA for me
I'm gonna have me some Treasure goodness. No, not Sin & Punishment. Gunstar Heroes, of course.

I plan to finally play through Sin and Punishment, first of all.

And then I think I'll replay OoT and SF64 for the billionth time because those games are special to me.

I'm also very much looking forward to playing Dr. Mario 64 and MK64 with my friends.

I really want Crystal Shards to come soon so I can finally 100% that...

So you’re going to rush to unlock on foot mode to mess with your friends online
.... Star Fox 64 has an on-foot mode? 😳

I can't believe you guys are all buying the NSO expansion

mad jelly
Oh I'm not buying it, gonna wait and see what all else they do with it in the future as far as more games/consoles or whether they bring ALL future Nintendo DLC packs to it...

But when I do finally bite the bullet, you can guarantee Star Fox 64 will be the first thing I go for.

I can't believe you guys are all buying the NSO expansion

mad jelly
I had already uprgraded to family as a little gift for my little sis up north. So after the moment of initial sticker shock I just found some other people on here willing to jump in and contribute a $10 Eshop card. So I’m saving money
I plan to finally play through Sin and Punishment, first of all.

And then I think I'll replay OoT and SF64 for the billionth time because those games are special to me.

I'm also very much looking forward to playing Dr. Mario 64 and MK64 with my friends.

I really want Crystal Shards to come soon so I can finally 100% that...
Sin and punishment is on my list, just not my kickoff same with Winback.

Kirby 64 is the best Kirby so agreed. Also curious to see what third parties we get in the long run and curious to try custom Robo V1/2

Mario Kart and Ecco. Mainly for the nostalgia I have for each, but also I gotta get good at Mario Kart.

I've never played Winback either, so I really want to try that one too. But it can't be first, 'stalgia comes first.

Oh I'm not buying it, gonna wait and see what all else they do with it in the future as far as more games/consoles or whether they bring ALL future Nintendo DLC packs to it...

But when I do finally bite the bullet, you can guarantee Star Fox 64 will be the first thing I go for.
Yeah, you unlock it for multiplayer by getting a medal on either venom in expert mode(which is unlocked by getting a medal on every stage)

Yeah, you unlock it for multiplayer by getting a medal on either venom in expert mode(which is unlocked by getting a medal on every stage)
Wow. I only ever played 64's single player, had no idea it had multiplayer unlocks.

nice, it's the literal exact same for me

I'll play star fox first when they add f-zero and I have more money lol

It's also wild that Pokemon Go happened... and boy did it lol
Feels like ten years ago
Man, I distinctly remember the start of Pokemon Go because it launched on the weekend of my wedding! I took way too many pictures of zubats in the venue.

Then they day after my wedding I sold my NTDOY stock which was at a 10 year high or something and made enough money to fund our honeymoon, in which I took a whole bunch of other pictures of zubats.

Man there were a lot of zubats early on.

N64 will either be OoT or MK64. I have work the next day so maybe MK64. Genesis is either SoR2 or Sonic. Ecco scared me as a child and still scares me to this day. F the ocean.

Just migrated over from the old site. I never really posted much in the Nintendo general discussion threads, but I lurked them like crazy. Hopefully I’ll post more this time around. :)

N64 will either be OoT or MK64. I have work the next day so maybe MK64. Genesis is either SoR2 or Sonic. Ecco scared me as a child and still scares me to this day. F the ocean.
OMG I know what you mean. Ecco on the Dreamcast fucked me up. I saw all the reviews about how beautiful it is and I was really intrigued by it, so I rented it for a week and took it back after one day. It emulates the ocean well in that everything is a haze until it's RIGHT on you and then HOLY SHIT SHARKS and then the first boss is a damn GREAT WHITE and you have to get him to chase you into this hole and get him stuck then you can ram him but if he catches you he fuckin MONCHES ON YOU and I could NOT take that shit.

I love looking at the ocean. I adore the coast. It makes me happy like no other place does. But I do NOT like being in or on the water. Too many... things under there.

What time does the NSO update happen tomorrow?

Is this like a midnight EST thing like with games, or sometime midday tomorrow?

Daily reminder SMT V is already out in the hands of reviewers and some streamers so if you are looking to blackout on the game I suggest doing so now lol.

It's only time until the game leaks or something.

Man, I distinctly remember the start of Pokemon Go because it launched on the weekend of my wedding! I took way too many pictures of zubats in the venue.

Then they day after my wedding I sold my NTDOY stock which was at a 10 year high or something and made enough money to fund our honeymoon, in which I took a whole bunch of other pictures of zubats.

Man there were a lot of zubats early on.
That is so awesome that you were able to fund the honeymoon that way!

At the time I lived in a very small town where you'd hardly see two people on mainstreet in the middle of the day. Then one day, there were just people on every corner, of all walks of life, chatting it up about Pokemon!? at all times of the day... 😲

It was really something.

Power went out for a while do to the “bomb cyclone” that hit us. I would like to apologize to the thread that I actually played games on my switch rather than reading FamiBoards.

Shame on you.

I didn't play games today. I made a lemon meringue pie and watched Halloween movies lol

What time does the NSO update happen tomorrow?

Is this like a midnight EST thing like with games, or sometime midday tomorrow?
I looked it up earlier today and it seems like NES and SNES went up around 8 pm est on their respective days.

So, maybe that will hold true but I dunno. It would be nice to have them in a few hours but I doubt it

Looks like Nickelodeon All Star Brawl died sooner then I expected.

Tho I figured it would have problem once I saw it lacked anything in terms of content and not being polished. It being just pure fighting was more of a negative to me then I saw from others.

Looks like Nickelodeon All Star Brawl died sooner then I expected.

Tho I figured it would have problem once I saw it lacked anything in terms of content and not being polished. It being just pure fighting was more of a negative to me then I saw from others.

I think it came out at the worst time. Like it's came out at near the end of Smash Ultimate but just before the last fighter. It's like the heroine dealer is closing up shop so the weed dealer is moving in to take it place, but wait...the heroine guy has one last hit for the masses!

I too also think it focused too much on the wrong things. All of these platform fighters want to be next Melee, be a ultra competitive like Melee but then they forget the things that made Melee a successful game in the first place. It wasn't the competitive stuff.

Daily reminder SMT V is already out in the hands of reviewers and some streamers so if you are looking to blackout on the game I suggest doing so now lol.

It's only time until the game leaks or something.
I'm not all that worried until, like, the week before. But it never hurts to be cautious

I told myself I wouldn't do a 2nd play through of Dread anytime soon and yet here I am playing a 2nd time instead of working on the backlog. Least I'm enjoying myself more this time now I know what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom