• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing my Animal Crossing restart right now, and thank god Kapp'n is bring more mystery islands with him, because holy shit these current ones suck. I don't remember them being this bad. I haven't even seen different fruit and I've visited six of them so far.

Last edited:
Continuing my Animal Crossing restart right now, and hank god Kapp'n is bring more mystery islands with him, because holy shit these current ones suck. I don't remember them being this bad. I haven't even seen different fruit and I've visited six of them so far.
Fairly certain that you can only get three types of fruit normally without trading: your island’s native fruit, a fruit exclusive to mystery islands, and coccunts. You also have a chance of receiving a different fruit from a piece of mail your mom sends early in the game, but AFAIK this isn’t guaranteed.

Fairly certain that you can only get three types of fruit normally without trading: your island’s native fruit, a fruit exclusive to mystery islands, and coccunts. You also have a chance of receiving a different fruit from a piece of mail your mom sends early in the game, but AFAIK this isn’t guaranteed.
That's ridiculous, so thankfully this update seems to change things. But I really don't get the point of these current islands. They're literally just my current island, but smaller, with a single villager, and with different flowers. That's it. It's so boring.

Giving serious thought to going through Fire Emblem Three Houses for a fourth time, probably returning to the Golden Deer, because I have a deep and abiding love for them.

Giving serious thought to going through Fire Emblem Three Houses for a fourth time, probably returning to the Golden Deer, because I have a deep and abiding love for them.

Golden Deer is a route I need to play through. I finished the Black Eagles and Blue Lions. I also have a separate save file ready for start the 4th route but I haven't gone through that one yet either.

Do people really like lunatic difficulty in Three Houses? I didn't finish my third playthrough because the game got ridiculous with the surprise reinforcements.

Do people really like lunatic difficulty in Three Houses? I didn't finish my third playthrough because the game got ridiculous with the surprise reinforcements.
I’m all about BS difficulties in Fire Emblem.

But Three House’s Lunatic mode isn’t that BS unfortunately. The options and freeness you have for your units just makes you rather unstoppable at times.

Fire Emblem Binding Blade hard mode was harder. Thanks Roy!

Finally finished Spyro 3 and therefore the Trilogy! A good game, some special levels and one or two characters you play other than Spyro are not my thing, there was again one boss that was so annyoing and a few levels I was not keen on, but I like it and more than 2 overall.

Don't know if I like it more than Spyro 1. That game had shorter level and was more simplictic, but that resulted in a better pacing imo.

xeno fans, get in here!

And with that, I no longer have to hang around the sadly toxic Xenoblade subreddit, thanks! 👍

Lost in Random is on sale for $24.89. Has anyone played it? I’m keen to try it but I’m hesitant to pull the trigger. For one thing, it’s only $5 off, and secondly I wouldn’t get around to playing it for a little while.

After a few rounds of Mario 64, I’m not ashamed to say that the first N64 game I’ll be playing is Yoshi’s Story. Gotta go for that 100% melon run!
The only thing I remember about Yoshi’s Story is BALLS LOOK AT MY BALLS.

Every time my sides hurt from laughter

Just finished Metroid Dread, what an amazing finale.

What do you recommend me, start over (and in which difficulty), or try the 100% directly (currently at 45%) ?

Found another thing to trash talk Squeenix for!
I'm playing DQXI, managed to get behind a waterfall, and there was no treasure. Which I'm pretty sure is straight-up illegal.
Who do I notify?

Lost in Random is on sale for $24.89. Has anyone played it? I’m keen to try it but I’m hesitant to pull the trigger. For one thing, it’s only $5 off, and secondly I wouldn’t get around to playing it for a little while.
I’m wondering this as well. It was a game I was always curious about some

Just finished Metroid Dread, what an amazing finale.

What do you recommend me, start over (and in which difficulty), or try the 100% directly (currently at 45%) ?
100 % first then hard mode .

hopefully a rogue-like "randomizer" mode will be added in an update

Found another thing to trash talk Squeenix for!
I'm playing DQXI, managed to get behind a waterfall, and there was no treasure. Which I'm pretty sure is straight-up illegal.
Who do I notify?

Given how old-school these games are, this is actually progress. Think of it as subverting classic JRPG tropes.

Baby steps.

I often chose Mario in the spinoffs because for some reason it got under my friend's skins. Dunno why. Still use him rather often.

I do not care for Mario
Mario is not even in my top 3 Nintendo franchises, and I'm primarily a Nintendo fan. A Mario game that I'm actually interested in comes maybe once a generation and the rest of the time he's just the kart/tennis/golf/whatever mascot.
I feel weird for saying that. Thanks for bringing this realization to the surface, Raccoon. I now have a lot to ponder.

you know what was a goddamn good youtube video series

Unravelled

The 'Testing Zelda Recipes in real life' one lives rent-free in my head

I do not care for Mario Golf
I swear every year I regret the fucking june game, to varying degrees, and almost always regret the july game if I buy it

• 2017: I really like ARMS but I did not get much mileage out of it. Splatoon I barely played
  • 2018: Mario Tennis was probably my favorite June game but it was just not worth it at the time
  • 2019: Mario Maker 2 just pissed me off and I did not enjoy making in it
  • 2020: it took me a year to appreciate Clubhouse. meanwhile Paper Mario was a fun quarantine game with my sister so it's the July exception
  • 2021: my summer of fucking regrets. Game Builder Garage was cute but not super engaging as a programmer and Unreal Engine dabbler, Mario Golf fucking sucked so bad I fucking hate that game, and I fucking hated Skyward Sword. so much god damned money down the toilet for no reason
anyway yeah I do not care for Mario Golf

I do not
maxresdefault.jpg

I swear every year I regret the fucking june game, to varying degrees, and almost always regret the july game if I buy it

• 2017: I really like ARMS but I did not get much mileage out of it. Splatoon I barely played
  • 2018: Mario Tennis was probably my favorite June game but it was just not worth it at the time
  • 2020: it took me a year to appreciate Clubhouse. meanwhile Paper Mario was a fun quarantine game with my sister so it's the July exception
  • 2021: my summer of fucking regrets. Game Builder Garage was cute but not super engaging as a programmer and Unreal Engine dabbler, Mario Golf fucking sucked so bad I fucking hate that game, and I fucking hated Skyward Sword. so much god damned money down the toilet for no reason
Perhaps you should be a bit more selective with your gaming purchases? 😅

I care for SMT.

Gotta stay positive lol.
I too care for that Japanese game

I hope Brain Academy doesn't become a disappointment for you.

oh definitely. problem has been that nintendo puts out their worst games over the summer and that's when I as a student have had the most time, so I've caved on a lot lol
Haha well a lot of those games are good, albeit definitely not for everyone. I'm just surprised you caved in on a lot of them. The summer is the perfect time to look for sales or try to go for something that came out a while back or an indie game. Lord knows I avoided a lot of stuff as I just knew it wouldn't do much for me, like most Mario spin-offs or Clubhouse Games or Game Builder Garage. I didn't even bother with games like MK8D, despite liking MK8 a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom