• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the wall jump in super. I’m so much better with the snes controller for some reason.
I’m starting to get settled with a good grip and I was able to beat the boss in the Tower of Hera (ALTTp) without getting knocked to a floor below. Things are starting to work out!

Got my Saturday morning Japanese class in 10 minutes, anyone got any 質問s for me before I go

I’m starting to get settled with a good grip and I was able to beat the boss in the Tower of Hera (ALTTp) without getting knocked to a floor below. Things are starting to work out!
See, that’s exactly the time when I want the classic dpad. The pro controller seems to slippy for moments like that (if that makes any sense).

Happy to hear you’re getting back your sea legs haha. 👍🏻

My stupid joke took me way too long, but Orbulon is suited-up for Dread.

I'm replaying Fusion (again) right now in anticipation of Dread and am in the reactor core area where you have to clear away the overgrown plants. There I am minding my own business when I enter a room and SA-X Samus is just standing there and casually one-shots me. Lmao. I love this game.

Bought Metroid Dread and Atelier Trilogy... Sophie 2 sealed the deal of the trilogy ( love Ryza btw) and Metroid is Metroid. I'll play all of them... except hunters... because fuck hunters.

With SMTV I have enought games until... Botw2 launch XD

Finished Eastward last night, what a great fucking game that is. The pacing is fairly slow but that's part of what I like about it. It just feels very cozy, which is really helped by the fantastic pixel art.

8 is your lucky number and I'm out

0a8XCgQ.png

With 2022 shaping up to be a 2017 2.0 with many parallels, BOTW 2, Rabbids 2, Splatoon 3, I do wonder where that leaves an Odyssey 2, assuming that the succ is in 2023 - 2024 it could be saved for launch or at least launch year. I think BOTW releasing at the switch launch has taught Nintendo that they need a big game for launch, but with the succ being I assume backcompat, it'll be able to play all these Switch 1 games at launch so perhaps some of these games get upgrades or expanded dlc at that time, or just re-marketed alongside the new system. It's an interesting situation because at this point I would have assumed BOTW2 and Splatoon 3 would be launched with the succ, even if they had Switch 1 versions.

Next year, perhaps Splatoon 3 takes the July spot like Splat2, BOTW 2 could be an October release like Mario Odyssey, Bayonetta 3 a December game like Xenoblade 2, of course it doesn't have to adhere to that but those timeframes worked for them last time! Speaking of xenoblade...XB3 on Switch, Succ exclusive or crossgen? hmmm

Don't think there's been a Nintendo direct "leak" from 4chan posted here yet. That's gonna come sooner or later for sure

I mowed the lawn for an hour in 60 degree weather and I'm still drenched in sweat.

What's it gonna take? 40?

With 2022 shaping up to be a 2017 2.0 with many parallels, BOTW 2, Rabbids 2, Splatoon 3, I do wonder where that leaves an Odyssey 2, assuming that the succ is in 2023 - 2024 it could be saved for launch or at least launch year. I think BOTW releasing at the switch launch has taught Nintendo that they need a big game for launch, but with the succ being I assume backcompat, it'll be able to play all these Switch 1 games at launch so perhaps some of these games get upgrades or expanded dlc at that time, or just re-marketed alongside the new system. It's an interesting situation because at this point I would have assumed BOTW2 and Splatoon 3 would be launched with the succ, even if they had Switch 1 versions.

Next year, perhaps Splatoon 3 takes the July spot like Splat2, BOTW 2 could be an October release like Mario Odyssey, Bayonetta 3 a December game like Xenoblade 2, of course it doesn't have to adhere to that but those timeframes worked for them last time! Speaking of xenoblade...XB3 on Switch, Succ exclusive or crossgen? hmmm
I think Mario Kart will be one of the big launch window titles for their next console. That has to be pretty far along at this point and I doubt they'll release it on Switch. That and Prime 4 should be enough to get people interested near launch.

I think Mario Kart will be one of the big launch window titles for their next console. That has to be pretty far along at this point and I doubt they'll release it on Switch. That and Prime 4 should be enough to get people interested near launch.
Good shout out, I forgot about mario kart, I doubt that we'll be seeing an Arms 2 any time...ever? lol And Prime 4 as a core game, I can see it. Wonder where Xenoblade 3 fits in.

If I didn't just buy the LEGO mini Disney castle, I'd absolutely buy Eastward. But alas...

Good shout out, I forgot about mario kart, I doubt that we'll be seeing an Arms 2 any time...ever? lol And Prime 4 as a core game, I can see it. Wonder where Xenoblade 3 fits in.
I think we'll get Xeno 3 on Switch, maybe even next year as most people are anticipating. I hope we do anyway, I'm up for another Xeno.

So Dread's out next week, and our community has an exciting new home that's bringing back long-lost friends?

Times are good!

Also, the Advance Wars Reboot Camp boxart is such a lovely reworking of the original art that I'm regretting my decision to use an NSO voucher. Plenty of time to rethink my plans, I guess, but I'd need to use the voucher by late April.
It really feels so warm and inviting in here. Every time I hop back on FamiBoards, another 1-5 awesome people have joined and it's so wholesome

homework’s due on December 31st by the way

With everything happening in October in the world of Nintendo, Age of Calamity DLC is definitely flying under the radar.
Yeah, I don’t think they’ve done a great job making people excited for it either. I’m not sure how much they’re still keeping under wraps but I personally expected more. We’ll see what the full release brings.

Will this be the end of drive-bys and Nintendo doomposting? Can we finally have Nintendo threads without snide comments like "shitty hardware", "why bother with OLED", etc.?
Hopefully yes, but criticism should be welcome here as well. The line should be obvious though.

Will this be the end of drive-bys and Nintendo doomposting? Can we finally have Nintendo threads without snide comments like "shitty hardware", "why bother with OLED", etc.?
But seriously, WHY bother with OLED?
eagerly awaiting mine to ship.

Quoted by: SiG
of course not. no one hates nintendo more than nintendo fans.
Something something Pokemon Arceus.
Hopefully yes, but criticism should be welcome here as well. The line should be obvious though.
But in all honesty, there's a difference between constructive criticism...and saying all the blame lies with Nintendo (i.e. that whole thing regarding Switch icon standards). I know there are valid negative points, but then there are also shitposts.

But seriously, WHY bother with OLED?
eagerly awaiting mine to ship.
It's not really about the OLED.
It's the kickstand. And the dock.

But yeah, all signs point to an eventual DLSS-like version/successor, but if I can find the OLED model just walking in a store, I'll definitely grab one.

Yeah, I don’t think they’ve done a great job making people excited for it either. I’m not sure how much they’re still keeping under wraps but I personally expected more. We’ll see what the full release brings.
It's a shame, because I really like Age of Calamity, but they've shown nothing so far to get me fully on board with the season pass. Throw in a couple more playable characters, skins, maybe a new map or two on top of what was announced. I don't know, the way it is, it feels a bit half baked to me.

Well this place has gotten off to a running start. It's like it pushed and held the throttle button just as the second light transitioned to the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom