• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think about Dread is great in contrast to Other M is it maintains a lot of the spectacle action of Other M albeit structured in a slightly more grounded manner, and it frames Samus as being a complete badass. It's so fantastic.
Until I saw the rest of the conversation here, my one contribution to the thread was just going to be "Samus is a badass". Great stuff.

Sakamoto's Redemption Tour complete.
Just getting the small stuff out of the way before he brings out the big one next year: Tomodachi Collection Switch!
We should demand a Sakamoto Videogame Universe, which culminates in a crossover starring our own motley crew of Miis, Samus Aran, and Ayumi Tachibana.
Code red, Metroid Dread is back up to an 89 on Metacritic, I repeat, code red
Gonna go set up a gaming website, somehow convince Metacritic it's one of them proper weighty important ones, and give Dread 101%.

So on Sunday I decided to go for a walk because I was getting restless and tired of being inside. It finally stopped raining as well. I was out and about catching pokemon and spinning pokestops, when I realized I didn't bring a water. There was a Target near me so I wandered over in that direction. Come to find out it was the most expensive water I have ever purchased, but it came with a free copy of Metroid Dread! Needless to say, that was a good walk. Got a shiny Duskull too.

RDcA6u0X_20211011_184557.jpg

OK now it works. That's my 4 months old puppy that stops me from playing more metroid Dread.
Adorable <3

Well, there it is. My favorite three words to see in any Metroid game.
Space Jump Aquired

That Era SMT V thread has me shaking my head.....

"Generic anime"

642ivyak5mb71.gif

Like how especially when you have Persona 5 of all things.

Then the "Switch not strong enough to carry an SMT title" had me chuckle because this is the same system that made Bravely Default 2 almost sell a million.

"Generic anime"

642ivyak5mb71.gif

Then the "Switch not strong enough to carry an SMT title" had me chuckle because this is the same system that made Bravely Default 2 almost sell a million.
Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade 2 each did over 2 million on Switch. System is a good home for JRPGs. I'm really looking forward to SMT V.

Decided to pre-order SMT V and Legends: Arceus. I know I will like these games so don't mind pre-ordering them. I know pre-ordering is bad. :(

"Generic anime"

642ivyak5mb71.gif

Fox-and-Grapes.jpg

Hoping that it comes to other platforms tho

Is it the old place, the new place and the new new place or is it the old old place, the new old place and the new place?

"Generic anime"

642ivyak5mb71.gif

Sony fans shitting on it, or fellow Nintendo fans?

At this rate we’ll be through ST1 in roughly two months
I think we'll be through ST1 within a month. Much talk of candy corn, Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0, various Halloween costumes and games and the NSO expansion pack details will likely happen. Who knows what other developments we'll see that are Nintendo related as well.

Easy solution to the thread page discussion: we open a new thread when Metroid 6 releases.

After getting passed an annoying part in dread, I’m enjoying it more again and just having a great time with it. Easy game of the year contender for me so far

"Generic anime"

642ivyak5mb71.gif

Shin Megami Tensei is older than the Nintendo 64 so I don't think it's "generic anime" at all. Plus I did enjoy the anime made of a few of SMT spinoffs. Some people need to embrace culture like Xenoblade 2.

Sony fans shitting on it, or fellow Nintendo fans?
I don't see Nintendo fans shitting on it considering they are the ones who will most likely support the game since it's on the Switch.

Also, the people who unironically say SMT doesn't have a distinctive presentation or looks haven't really played an SMT game considering SMT 4 looked fantastic on the 3DS.

smt4_0096tssr.gif

Incredibly atmospheric not generic anime.

I don't see Nintendo fans shitting on it considering they are the ones who will most likely support the game since it's on the Switch.

Also, the people who unironically say SMT doesn't have a distinctive presentation or looks haven't really played an SMT game considering SMT 4 looked fantastic on the 3DS.

smt4_0096tssr.gif

4 surprised me a ton. It was my first SMT game, and it hit a blend of preposterous, goofy, and theological that was a blast to play.

I haven't even played Dread and we're already on a countdown for SMTV. This year has been insane on the Switch.

4 surprised me a ton. It was my first SMT game, and it hit a blend of preposterous, goofy, and theological that was a blast to play.

Yup people say SMT is always serious but it really isn't considering how goofy Demons are in the games lol.

They love stealing your money.

I hope Dread sells well enough to warrant consistent Metroid releases! Dread making me really excited at this possibility...
Every indication of Dread's sales is looking very good so far. We'll have a better idea with NPD next month, but I'm expecting a 3 million+ seller.

hey, i'm postin' here!!

Dread is fantastic; I'm pretty much enamoured with it. Thinking of dumping my gold coins on Disco Elysium, which I've been waiting to play for a while, but its various troubles on PS5 make me hesitant to buy the Switch version. Gonna wait and see.

lol era, shin megami has a anime style it before lot of'em were born

"Generic anime"

642ivyak5mb71.gif

When people outright choose to be dumb there's really nothing we can do lol. If anything Switch is the best place for SMT V to be. The game clearly greatly benefited of Nintendo's funding: the game looks marginally better graphical-wise than Persona 5. Just compare the demons and character design like faces between the two. Also terrain, scenario and everything. It's getting the holiday spot. Switch is the hottest system in Japan(and worldwide, but in Japan it's just reigning alone). Persona 5 Strikers did well on the Switch, SMT IV and Apocalypse did well on the 3DS, you had a lot of games for the DS too, Nocturne HD and TMS are on the Switch, the game was heavily hyped being the major announcement at a last year's Direct, had hours of spotlight at E3, is getting a world wide simultaneous release after P5 taking 7 months and P5S taking one year to release in the west.

Shin Megami Tensei V will be as big of a breakthrough to mainline SMT as P5 was to Persona. I expect big numbers from that one.

SMTIV is probably the best game on the system. And yes, I think V will be a bit of a breakthrough, people I know are talking about the series for the first time having only played Persona 5 in the past.

I think it’s kind of sad how dedicated some people are to constantly banging on about hating everything “anime” (except the cherry-picked nostalgic vision of what output was like in their teen years, when there was nothing derivative or trashy).
Kind of wild imagining a timeline where most anime looks like SMT
I truly wish. I feel like there was a mini boom a few decades ago of grimey urban near-future anime with demons and apocalypses? Stuff like X and Demon City Shinjuku and Wicked City and uh…Overfiend?

smt4_0096tssr.gif

Jesus this looks fucking fantastic. I think I'll get into it playing Apocalypse on Citra(I don't have the money to get a 3DS and I've been saving everything I can this year to buy a Switch). Is it a good entrance? I was playing Nocturne on the PS3 but dropped. Only megaten game I played from begining to end was P5. Is SMT IV/ Apocalypse a good entry point? Or am I better getting the Nocturne remaster for PC?

I hope Dread sells well enough to warrant consistent Metroid releases! Dread making me really excited at this possibility...
Hell yeah. We'll get consistent Metroid releases until Prime 4 launches, but if that, Dread and MP1HD do well commercially we'll be granted constant support from there on. Just like Fire Emblem that after Awakening success got Fates just three years after, then Echoes, Heroes, Warriors, Three Houses... Everything in a span of 7 years between 2012/13 and 2019.

Definitely picking up BDSP next month, but wondering if I should pick up either Mario Party or SMT V. On a limited budget so can't do both, but the classic Mario parties are incredible. And I never played the series but smt v looks great. Any thoughts, Fami?

When it comes to the gyro controls on New Pokemon Snap, I don't recommend them while docked. However, if you're playing the game handheld and have access to a spinning desk chair, holy damn that's what the gyro was built for
Lol I now want to replay the game in this method.
Sounds almost VR-lite.

Jesus this looks fucking fantastic. I think I'll get into it playing Apocalypse on Citra(I don't have the money to get a 3DS and I've been saving everything I can this year to buy a Switch). Is it a good entrance? I was playing Nocturne on the PS3 but dropped. Only megaten game I played from begining to end was P5. Is SMT IV/ Apocalypse a good entry point? Or am I better getting the Nocturne remaster for PC?
SMTIV is a great hopping on point and a wonderful game. Apocalypse directly ties into its late game story so I wouldn’t start there.

Well hi everyone! Been a very long time lurker but couldn't join due to the email requirement (fireable offense). Metroid Prime, without a doubt, is the best game that ever existed and I may or may not play it every single year. Just hoping in Prime 4 they let Metroid crawl. Happy to join folks here and finally talk.

Apocalypse is a direct sequel to one of the routes in the original SMTIV (or rather, the beginning of Apocalypse takes place near the end SMT4's story, only for events to diverge from the original)

SMTIV is a fantastic starting point, though. That's where I started. Just know that the early game is pretty brutal, but it gets easier as you move on.

I say go with SMT 4 as it has a lot of Qol additions compared to Nocturne. Like there aren't any random encounters in the game. I think 4 is easier to get into than Nocturne imo.

Start with 4 than Apocolypse since the latter is a sequel.

Is it the old place, the new place and the new new place or is it the old old place, the new old place and the new place?

Everybody "Yeah!"-ing you and nobody willing to answer.

I'm certainly not going to change that.

Yeah!

From what I seen, every anime/manga that doesn't appeal to western sensibilities, like Cowboy Bebop or Vinland Saga, gets the "generic anime" insult at least once, so no surprise that people are using that against a franchise that takes a lot of inspiration from Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom