• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Trails of series.. considering I really like to add to my JRPG backlog and this series is a Behemoth and I cant help my self..

But seems like there's some gaping holes on Switch? At least in west.

From what I can find I see ToCS III, ToCSIV are released already and that Zero, Azure, Boundless Trails and Reverie will release between this month and sometime next year. Have their been any plans on releasing ToCS and ToCS II in the west or they're staying in Asia?
Yeah Trails From Zero is the first time it's really worth being excited about the series for newcomer Switch fans which is why it is a big deal. Cold Steel III and Cold Steel IV are basically the Avengers Infinity War and End Game of the series and were thus horrible places for newcomers to start and why they went largely unrecommended. I do think sadly we will not be getting Cold Steel and Cold Steel II on Switch because Falcom had a messy fallout with XSeed who handled those two games in the West. The Switch versions were handled by another company too, not Falcom themselves, so there's even less incentive for XSeed.

Trails From Zero however is the start of the second story arc of the series and is the most standalone game in the series aside from Trails in the Sky. While it forms a duology with its sequel, Trails to Azure, Zero is surprisingly self contained. The games are set in the fictional continent of Zemuria that is undergoing a technological revolution which leads to upheaval between nations. Zero and Azure cover the Crossbell nation state that is wedged in between two superpowers, the Empire of Erebonia to the West and the Republic of Calvard to the East. Trails From Zero tells the story of Crossbell's Special Support Section, a unique division of their police department, coming together for its first major case and does not end with a big cliffhanger of any sort. There are characters from the first few games who show up, but its not essential to the experience that you've played them, even though obviously there's cool stuff for having played the first three games. Seriously it is about 98+% new characters versus less than 2% returning.

In general for the series, the Trails games are the closest thing to the SNES and PS1 JRPG classics I loved growing up. If you love turn based combat systems. which here is like a mix of Final Fantasy X, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy Tactics, and really getting to know characters and the world they inhabit, Trails is absolutely worth checking out. If you end up liking Zero, Azure the sequel should be coming early next year and is overall one of the best in the series, and then you can always go backwards and forwards from there to enjoy the greater saga. The old games in particular will run on basically any PC / laptop from the last few years no sweat.

Edit: If this helps the series greater order is Trails in the Sky, Sky SC, Sky the Third, Trails From Zero, Trails To Azure, Trails of Cold Steel, Cold Steel II, Cold Steel III, Cold Steel IV, Trails into Reverie, Kuro No Kiseki, Kuro No Kiseki II. Boundless Trails is thus far an unconnected spin off.

Last edited:
Well after like 2 and a half years of being really very careful my oldest tested positive. God damnit.
Sorry to hear that! Hope everything stays mild. When my youngest had it, they recovered in a day from the symptoms. Hopefully that’s the case and your other family members stay well.

If only they took the gacha elements out of XB2, smh.
Speaking of this. When I was driving home from work yesterday, I saw a giant jacked up 4x4 pickup with a full body Kos-Mos decal on the tailgate. Was maybe the most disconnected pairing I’ve seen in a long time.

Happy Friday everyone!! My car broke down yesterday and I had to have family drive me to work. I'm so independent that I REALLY hate asking people for help, but it's bad to think that way. So if you're just list me, remember to open up and let people help you :)

DeNA definitely sucks at making mobile games, IMO. If Mario Kart Tour was made by TiMI (Pokemon Unite studio) it would've been better. No gacha. Better controls. Just a better experience.
I have not played much of Unite so I legitimately don't know how serious you're being, sorry!

Hey, that's for merp
6ealdrluydl91.jpg
I read these in Ewan's voice. Even Sir Alec's ones.

Well after like 2 and a half years of being really very careful my oldest tested positive. God damnit.
ugh sucky, sorry to hear it. Sending the best of vibes to your family ❤️

Okay - I am officially ready for this potential Zelda Direct. Let's eat, Fami.
DUDE

sup, how's ya?

No worries. Unite controls really good on both Switch and mobile. And the monetization isn't predatory loot boxes.
Oh, that's really nice to hear. I did try a bit but fell off because I realized that it's simply not my genre.

I'm not sure how involved DeNa was with Mario Kart Tour but I think/hope that Nintendo's future mobile efforts won't be the same. The best course of action would be to license them out to developers that are a little bit more experienced in the market.

I'm liking this "Most replayed" feature on Youtube because it not only helps to identify where the ad ends but it tells me that everyone else also found your unfunny skit annoying and decided to skip it.

I don't see Nintendo pursuing Mobile anymore. That one rumored Zelda game seems to have been canned, and Dragalia being shut down in November doesn't bode well for people expecting more mobile games from Nintendo.

The Weeknd announced a bonus tour date for Toronto, so now I don't need to decide between him and the Bleachers/Carly Rae Jepsen double headliner on the 22nd.

Life is grand*

*Having covid still sucks ass though lmao

I need to learn how to cut trailers and make a sweet logo and splash screen for my game.

Tempted to use the screen @Suswave made for me, except it's not EXACTLY the same tone the game is going for.

Yeah Trails From Zero is the first time it's really worth being excited about the series for newcomer Switch fans which is why it is a big deal. Cold Steel III and Cold Steel IV are basically the Avengers Infinity War and End Game of the series and were thus horrible places for newcomers to start and why they went largely unrecommended. I do think sadly we will not be getting Cold Steel and Cold Steel II on Switch because Falcom had a messy fallout with XSeed who handled those two games in the West. The Switch versions were handled by another company too, not Falcom themselves, so there's even less incentive for XSeed.

Trails From Zero however is the start of the second story arc of the series and is the most standalone game in the series aside from Trails in the Sky. While it forms a duology with its sequel, Trails to Azure, Zero is surprisingly self contained. The games are set in the fictional continent of Zemuria that is undergoing a technological revolution which leads to upheaval between nations. Zero and Azure cover the Crossbell nation state that is wedged in between two superpowers, the Empire of Erebonia to the West and the Republic of Calvard to the East. Trails From Zero tells the story of Crossbell's Special Support Section, a unique division of their police department, coming together for its first major case and does not end with a big cliffhanger of any sort. There are characters from the first few games who show up, but its not essential to the experience that you've played them, even though obviously there's cool stuff for having played the first three games. Seriously it is about 98+% new characters versus less than 2% returning.

In general for the series, the Trails games are the closest thing to the SNES and PS1 JRPG classics I loved growing up. If you love turn based combat systems. which here is like a mix of Final Fantasy X, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy Tactics, and really getting to know characters and the world they inhabit, Trails is absolutely worth checking out. If you end up liking Zero, Azure the sequel should be coming early next year and is overall one of the best in the series, and then you can always go backwards and forwards from there to enjoy the greater saga. The old games in particular will run on basically any PC / laptop from the last few years no sweat.

Edit: If this helps the series greater order is Trails in the Sky, Sky SC, Sky the Third, Trails From Zero, Trails To Azure, Trails of Cold Steel, Cold Steel II, Cold Steel III, Cold Steel IV, Trails into Reverie, Kuro No Kiseki, Kuro No Kiseki II. Boundless Trails is thus far an unconnected spin off.
The whole messy fallout thing drives me nuts because we still ended up getting the PS4 versions of CoS1&2 and Memories of Celceta. Why can’t XSeed ever play ball when it comes to Switch versions?

How you doing, supra? And did you play Chrono Cross yet?

😅😅😅😅😅😅
Funny story

Not yet.

It took a month or more to actually receive it, and around this time I think my mind was already busy being rearranged by Nier Automata, then Xenoblade 3 consumed my life, and when I was finally done with that I didn't wanna jump from JRPG to JRPG so I'm catching up on Sonic Origins as a palate cleanser.

It'll probably be next, though. 👍

This is me lol. I cant wait for Zero.

Clouded Leopard did CS 1&2 in Asia, they have released games in the west (Demon Gaze, which is never on sale) so they might go around xseed, although I dont know if the xseed situation is rights to publish the games or publish the game on a certain platforms. Time will tale.

If I cant play 1&2 Ill probably just watch a lets play or something. Cause I do want to play reverie next year as well.

So your telling me now that I have a PS5, I need to play every trails of cold steel game? At my current rate of gaming, to catch up on this series (I have the vita games and haven’t even touched them), it would probably take me a decade

Splathreen preloads are going up. Reminder than NA digital pre orders get you 600 gold coins

Yay, ordered my Hobonichi goodies for next year!

Going all Mother the coming year with an A6 Techo, an A5 Techo and matching covers!

moth2kjdcu.jpg

moth16riyg.jpg

DeNA definitely sucks at making mobile games, IMO. If Mario Kart Tour was made by TiMI (Pokemon Unite studio) it would've been better. No gacha. Better controls. Just a better experience.
I wish I could play Pokémon UNITE more but I’ve not been able to stomach much of it because, to me, it’s just as bad as most mobile games, if not worse in some areas. The game just bombards you with menus, menus, MENUS!! Red “!” icons everywhere. Daily missions, event missions, more daily missions, more event missions, event notifications, other stuff that I don’t even understand; why is there so much, and why is it all behind different menus?! So many mobile games do this and I don’t understand why, because it’s an immediate turn off to me and I’d assume the same would be true of most newcomers, but tons of mobile games do it so apparently it must work somehow. It’s just so overwhelming, and not in a good way! To make matters worse, the menus are super laggy and unpleasant to use, making the abundance of them even more unbearable to me.

And to be fair, I have similar complaints of Mario Kart Tour. Haven’t been able to stick with that one due to the same issues with overwhelming menus and notifications, as is usual with mobile games. Some strike a bunch more tolerable balance, though, like Super Mario Run or even Pokémon Café ReMix. It’s frustrating because I want to be able to enjoy these games as I would any other Nintendo game, but I just can’t

So has anyone else had the final boss music from Xenoblade 3 stuck in their head since waking up?

or just me?

I don't think it's a spoiler that the final boss music of a Xenoblade game fuckin slaps, right?

So has anyone else had the final boss music from Xenoblade 3 stuck in their head since waking up?

or just me?

I don't think it's a spoiler that the final boss music of a Xenoblade game fuckin slaps, right?
So you mean the final boss music isn't the chorus of kazoos and bagpipes to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star I expected? God dammit. You spoiled it for me!

So you mean the final boss music isn't the chorus of kazoos and bagpipes to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star I expected? God dammit. You spoiled it for me!

Actually one of the boss themes does kinda go in that direction 😅

Hm time to choose a wip show to watch while working on my kit… Gate, Girls und Panzers or Danmachi 3… thoughts?

Also will do some Xenoblade 3 later

Has any game ever had such a dramatic shift in narrative as Halo Infinite? A little less than a year ago it was a critical darling with a relatively happy user base. Now it's like...I dunno...how Destiny seems to be every couple of months when Bungie does something silly?

Has any game ever had such a dramatic shift in narrative as Halo Infinite? A little less than a year ago it was a critical darling with a relatively happy user base. Now it's like...I dunno...how Destiny seems to be every couple of months when Bungie does something silly?
I mean, I think No Man's Sky still holds that honour since it first launched in 2016, but given the emotional roller coaster 343i has put its players through in the last ten months, it certainly feels up there for the public perception they've generated

Big halo fan, it released on my birthday. Made this in response to the recent news

IMG_0354_2.png

I have no idea how I'm spending so many hours in Xenoblade 2 but I'm at like 72 already and I don't feel I'm nowhere close to the end of the game. Going for 100% seems like pure insanity.

Nintendo, if you are reading this, why did you abandon mom and me? You said you were just going out for a pack of smokes but you never returned.

I have no idea how I'm spending so many hours in Xenoblade 2 but I'm at like 72 already and I don't feel I'm nowhere close to the end of the game. Going for 100% seems like pure insanity.
I need to get back to it myself this afternoon

Finished Octo Expansion. Is there any story content I’m missing by not going for 100% or is that it? Either way, I loved it.

I mean, I think No Man's Sky still holds that honour since it first launched in 2016, but given the emotional roller coaster 343i has put its players through in the last ten months, it certainly feels up there for the public perception they've generated
That was a nice shift! This is…yikes!

aw man JJBA all star is 30 fps on switch? its a ps3 game and ive seen more demanding games run at 60 on it wtf is bamco doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom