• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

Gaming insider Zippo with a mixed track record discusses 4 new upcoming Mario games:

TLDR:
New 2D Mario
New Mario ports game
Paper Mario TTYD remaster
Mario & Sonic at the 2024 Olympics

Thoughts?

Gaming insider Zippo with a mixed track record discusses 4 new upcoming Mario games:

TLDR:
New 2D Mario
New Mario ports game

Thoughts?
Zippo should be banned source on this site.

TLDR:
New 2D Mario
New Mario ports game

Thoughts?
Zippo doesn't really have a "mixed" track record, iirc he's pretty much always wrong, makes up stuff, and/or steals his leaks from other more reliable sources.

Case in point, none of the games in this list are any kind of unbelievably insane new leaks or anything like that anyway lol. Two have been rumored long before Zippo (2d Mario, TTYD remaster) and the other two are obviously going to happen anyway. Zippo "leaking" the millionth new Mario Sports and Mario & Sonic games isn't exactly breaking new ground.

Last edited:
Surely the next direct we'll finally get Golden Sun back.
for sure

gameboy-advance-games-nintendo-switch-online-1160x653.webp

TLDR:
New 2D Mario
New Mario ports game

Thoughts?
Paper Mario TTYD remaster and maybe 2D Mario are already things we knew that'll happen but everything else is just not happening.
Surely the next direct we'll finally get Golden Sun back.
I don't think that we're going to see a new Golden Sun game revealed in a direct until after the Switch 2 is revealed.

i mean doesn't the fact 22 didn't get an Olympics game make this more risky? Or was the boycott drama and such enough reason to not make it and it's assumed the series will continue now

Zippo doesn't really have a "mixed" track record, iirc he's pretty much always wrong, makes up stuff, and/or steals his leaks from other more reliable sources.

Case in point, none of the games in this list are any kind of unbelievably insane new leaks or anything like that anyway lol. Two have been rumored long before Zippo (2d Mario, TTYD remaster) and the other two are obviously going to happen anyway. Zippo "leaking" the millionth new Mario Sports and Mario & Sonic games isn't exactly breaking new ground.
Didn't he correctly predict the Sonic anniversary games a couple of years ago?

Didn't he correctly predict the Sonic anniversary games a couple of years ago?
Hmm, maybe? I'm gonna be honest, my knowledge of Zippo mostly comes from other people, I don't really keep tabs on the guy myself lol.

Looking at the post itself though (https://zippospeaks.blogspot.com/2021/02/sonics-30th-anniversary-and-what-to.html — I think this is what you're talking about?) it seems like he got a lot of stuff wrong anyway, including information on the collection, so maybe he just got lucky lol.

TLDR:
New 2D Mario
New Mario ports game

Thoughts?
Why is he claiming he said a TTYD remaster was coming? Didn’t someone else say that?

Why is he claiming he said a TTYD remaster was coming? Didn’t someone else say that?
He’s been saying this for a while. If I had to put money on it, it’s bullshit. I don’t trust Zippo as far as I can throw him, and I have pretty pathetic upper body strength.

I still think a rhythm heaven will probabaly happen in second half 2023 or 2024.

While there’s isn’t much evidence of its existence due to its probably tiny dev team budget and time in dev due to size it proabably wouldn’t need much new people hired for it.

TLDR:
New 2D Mario
New Mario ports game

Thoughts?
we're not doing shitty leaker discourse in here^^

put that in the general nintendo thread if you must

I still think a rhythm heaven will probabaly happen in second half 2023 or 2024.

While there’s isn’t much evidence of its existence due to its probably tiny dev team budget and time in dev due to size it proabably wouldn’t need much new people hired for it.
Apparently one of the main composers of the series is sick, which is why the series has been on somewhat of a hiatus

we're not doing shitty leaker discourse in here^^

put that in the general nintendo thread if you must
You're right, but can we be a little more decent to new members who also aren't native English speakers.

Apparently one of the main composers of the series is sick, which is why the series has been on somewhat of a hiatus
I know, he has laryngeal cancer or some variety iirc? But a couple years a go he said he is willing to make a new game on twitter.

Iirc he completed treatment and is in remission, he also continued song production professionally, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

What are these groups lol? Takizawa - Design Management group? Dohta - Programming Management group? Wakai - Sound Management Group? Only Fujibayashi is part of Group No 03.

Also, Aonuma was promoted to Senior Officer at EPD? We might get some new promotions just few hours from now at the earnings.

Last edited:
@N75 Wakai is here in the Sound Management Group but this one is without the number so I guess that the theory that EPD7 is now a Sound Group goes out of the way. Altough it's hard to tell, maybe these groups have numbers but they are just not referred in this graphics. But to me it seems like if that was the case they would reffer to EPD7 as a Sound Group in that Splatoon 3 interview back in September.

When was the last time they refferenced EPD Sound Group? I only remember EAD Sound Group before EPD was formed.

Last edited:
Yeah these group descriptions are very strange. I know they‘ve referred to the sound group as its own thing in the past, but Programming Managing Group?

I completely forgot that Natsuko Yokoyama was in the Switch Sports interview under EPD 4 too, so Minegishi being listed as EPD 7 makes things even weirder, unless he had already been moved onto antother project at that point outside of Side Order.

Maybe the Japanese version of the interview will make things a bit clearer, seeing as it obviously wasn’t meant to go up that early.

maybe there has been a soft reorg that ties into the whole "yamagami disappeared" and EPD1 franchises having moved over to EPD2 thing where they maybe made explicit this "development pool" thing by having a programming group/sound group/design group with their own managers?

What are these groups lol? Takizawa - Design Management group? Dohta - Programming Management group? Wakai - Sound Management Group? Only Fujibayashi is part of Group No 03.

Also, Aonuma was promoted to Senior Officer at EPD? We might get some new promotions just few hours from now at the earnings.

There was also an EAD Technology Group, EAD Sound Group, SPD UI Design Group and I'm guessing it was around within EPD from day one -- maybe just not as publicized. I don't think it's anything super different at the end of the day.

PG might just be producers, directors, specific planners/programmers/artists.
The other groups might just be the general section staff working on universal tech/tools/assets and assigned to games on a per project basis.

There was also an EAD Technology Group, EAD Sound Group, SPD UI Design Group and I'm guessing it was around within EPD from day one -- maybe just not as publicized. I don't think it's anything super different at the end of the day.

PG might just be producers, directors, specific planners/programmers/artists.
The other groups might just be the general section staff working on universal tech/tools/assets and assigned to games on a per project basis.
Yeah, it seems like they are acknowledging such groups for the first time ever since EPD was formed.

EPD Programming Management Group

EAD Design Technology Group - EPD Design Management Group

EAD Sound Group - EPD Sound Management Group

Last edited:
Number of Employees

7,136 (global consolidated basis as of the end of September 2022)
2,765 (Nintendo Co., Ltd. only as of the end of September 2022)

7,317 (global consolidated basis as of the end of March 2023)
2,779 (Nintendo Co., Ltd. only as of the end of March 2023)

Number of Employees

7,136 (global consolidated basis as of the end of September 2022)
2,765 (Nintendo Co., Ltd. only as of the end of September 2022)

7,317 (global consolidated basis as of the end of March 2023)
2,779 (Nintendo Co., Ltd. only as of the end of March 2023)
Ubisoft:

rookie-numbers.gif

Some updates to the OP with new roles:

Nintendo EPD Management​

Deputy General Managers - Takayuki Shimamura
Senior Officer - Eiji Aonuma (this probably means he no longer has the previous Deputy GM position)

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 10

Project Leads - Yosuke Oshino - he left the company in July 2019.

Last edited:
Management Changes(as of June 23, 2023)

① Anticipated new Executive Officer Yoshiaki Kuratsune (New: Executive Officer General Manager, Global Communications Division) (Current: Deputy General Manager, Global Communications Division)

② Retirement of an Executive Officer Satoshi Yamato (Current: Senior Executive Officer Representative Director and President, Nintendo Sales Co., Ltd.) * Satoshi Yamato will assume office as a Corporate Advisor. He will also retire as Representative Director and President of Nintendo Sales Co., Ltd. due to the expiration of his term at the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on June 2023.

③ Role Change of an Executive Officer Yusuke Beppu (New: Senior Executive Officer General Manager, Corporate Planning Department) (Current: Executive Officer General Manager, Corporate Planning Department) * The change will be effective upon approval at the Board of Directors meeting to be held on June 23, 2023.

Some updates to the OP with new roles:

Nintendo EPD Management​

Deputy General Managers - Takayuki Shimamura
Senior Officer - Eiji Aonuma (this probably means he no longer has the previous Deputy GM position)

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 10

Project Leads - Yosuke Oshino - he left the company in July 2019.
I wonder if Aonuma is heading to a Creative Fellow position. Fujibayashi to lead the next generation of Zelda 🤔

Do we think one of the other EPD Senior Officers was promoted, or are they just adding Aonuma to that roster?
If there was someone promoted it would be in the earnings, as they would go into Board of Directors territory. (like Tezuka is both EPD Senior Officer and also Executive Officer at Board of Directors). There might be more than 4 EPD Senior Officers, hard to tell.

Private Division, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced a partnership to publish a new title from Game Freak. Founded in 1989, the Japanese development company has created dozens of hit games, including more than 30 entries in the Pokémon franchise, which is widely recognized as one of the best-selling game series of all time. Private Division will publish a brand-new action-adventure IP from Game Freak, codenamed Project Bloom. To celebrate this announcement, Private Division and Game Freak have unveiled the first piece of concept art for the game.

“We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to create new IP that is bold and tonally different from our prior work,” said Kota Furushima, Director at Game Freak. [...]

Project Bloom is in early development and does not yet have an announced release date. It is expected to launch during Take-Two’s Fiscal Year 2026. Private Division and Game Freak look forward to sharing more details about this game in the future.

PD_GF_ProjectBloom_ConceptArt_3840x2160-1024x576.jpg

I wonder if Aonuma is heading to a Creative Fellow position. Fujibayashi to lead the next generation of Zelda 🤔
I don't see the point in that. Aonuma is a self-proclaimed Zelda guy, has only ever done Zelda and maybe thinks about non-Zelda occasionally but then always circles back to "what if it was just Zelda". Miyamoto's "Creative Fellow" position directly reflects his "I'll do whatever, I just want to make people smile" mantra where he goes from making the Louvre Guide, to directing theme park production, making a movie, casually checking in with Zelda and Pikmin and Mario projects. Someone like Eguchi would have seniority and a much broader game profile under his belt, but also it's not like these "[x} Fellow" positions need to be filled. They created them for Miyamoto and Takeda.

I don't see the point in that. Aonuma is a self-proclaimed Zelda guy, has only ever done Zelda and maybe thinks about non-Zelda occasionally but then always circles back to "what if it was just Zelda". Miyamoto's "Creative Fellow" position directly reflects his "I'll do whatever, I just want to make people smile" mantra where he goes from making the Louvre Guide, to directing theme park production, making a movie, casually checking in with Zelda and Pikmin and Mario projects. Someone like Eguchi would have seniority and a much broader game profile under his belt, but also it's not like these "[x} Fellow" positions need to be filled. They created them for Miyamoto and Takeda.
He could also be given the role because he could be on his way out for whatever reason

Back
Top Bottom