• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His understanding is we’re getting a Mini Direct. He hasn’t heard anything from first party. Again that’s just from his source he hasn’t heard anything first party. Other insiders have different sources.

By checking Wikipedia, maybe the SNES remake might be this JP-only game called Wonder Project J, given this person bolded the words "wonder". Something that adds fuel to this fire is that Wonder Project J is a Squeenix game.
Imagine, having the entire ENIX & Quintet catalog and choosing Wonder Project J instead of Terranigma.

Apologies if this has been posted (or there's a reason it hasn't), but:

AFAIK, this person has been pretty spot-on in the past.

Btw reason, why they got Sonic Superstar right is because SEGA sent some influencers/press information and invites for Play Days.

There is no way they would announce Chrono Trigger + a new Mario 2D + FZero + Metroid in the same direct.

Wednesday come now
There is, actually.

Chrono Trigger (port of the OG SNES game) + a New Super Mario Bros. game + F-ZERO... Maximum Velocity available now + Metroid Prime... Federation Force Remastered

His understanding is we’re getting a Mini Direct. He hasn’t heard anything from first party. Again that’s just from his source he hasn’t heard anything first party. Other insiders have different sources.

Hmmmmm....gonna be a long wait till tomorrow at 10am EST, especially if PH knows specific third-party announcements being made. Still, Nintendo has gone a long way toward plugging first-party leaks ever Since Sep 2021 when they leaked Kirby and Bayo 3 themselves lol. I'm still team General.

Joking aside and on more serious note. There will not be a single Nintendo Direct when first game shown ends and I will not have a slight hope in me to see Iwata there again, to present us news directly to us as he always used to do.

satoru-iwata-will-return-to-our-thoughts-with-nintendo-direct.900x.jpg

A SMRPG remake would be dope, but I’m expecting FE4. Not that I’d be upset with that either lol

Gonna assume it’s fake regardless though, although it makes a lot of sense

Last edited:

I believe this leak.

i've posted this before, but Nathaniel captures the mood of almost every direct prediction thread. Basically lot sof guesses, listing every Nintendo franchise in every combination possible, and throwing shit at the wall.
The only part he didn't get with that video is the 'patterns' game. Like certain dates and days are off limits because of past patterns and it holds most of the time, but I think it's just because Nintendo marketers are people too and usually work Monday to Fridays, not that Nintendo won't ever do a direct on a Sunday for example. Since most directs are pre-recorded.

The Direct is going to be a cold open of this still image of Falco Lombardi's face, as it slowly zooms in before cutting away, with no explanation.
d9yo8rw-bedc63e5-f43f-4402-87d5-90bbb36a4e0d.jpg

Hmmmmm....gonna be a long wait till tomorrow at 10am EST, especially if PH knows specific third-party announcements being made. Still, Nintendo has gone a long way toward plugging first-party leaks ever Since Sep 2021 when they leaked Kirby and Bayo 3 themselves lol. I'm still team General.
I’m still on General. It just makes NO sense for absolutely no first party to be announced now. 2D Mario and other first party games have to be announced now.

Pyoro is usually legit, he has been pretty spot on on very specific things like name of some games and Pokémon. this leans me towards a General Direct, hopefully.

If we actually get a new 2d Mario this year all the "no more major games after TotK" people are gonna need to perform sudoku on live stream.

It's not going to be a General Nintendo Direct.

It's gonna be a Supreme Allied Commander Direct. So many new announcements that you can cover the English Channel with them.

Which would people prefer?

Chrono Trigger Remake or Super Mario RPG Remake?

Chrono Trigger. I love SMRPG but it's artstyle is so specifically of it's time that I don't see how it doesn't come out the other end of a remake a less interesting looking game.

We have no Mario rpg. Mario + Luigi is gone since the studio is gone. I could see Nintendo wanting to do something. I thought we’d get TTYD HD now, but maybe we get Super Mario RPG remake now

I didn't heard anything Mario RPG related, this is why I'm ruling out
Also would be weird to announce a 2D Mario game along with RPG

Apologies if this has been posted (or there's a reason it hasn't), but:

AFAIK, this person has been pretty spot-on in the past.

Obviously it just means Nintendo is remaking the SNES Classic console. It's lime green now. Everything else is the same.

I agree. Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time. Super Mario RPG I found overrated, but I’d welcome a modern day remake of it.
Same, I am curious though, on what kind of visual style they would go for a remake of Super Mario RPG as that game has a pretty distinct art style.

I just don't see a world where Nintendo doesn't release a October or November 1st party game.

September is too late to announce it and unless that alleged event in July is another direct, this week's direct is the only thing that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom