• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised during most E3 years we had 2 Summer Directs because (apart from 2021's September 23rd Direct) they both were technically in the summer.
Well if we’re using the astronomical definition of summer then we still only have 1 summer direct because E3 almost always took place before the summer solstice.

I hope it's 5pm so it's not during work...
Looking at the history of September Directs (so same daylight time as June) it seems likely to be at 6PM EST, that’s when 2019 and 2021 were.

I forgot that September 2022 was in the morning because Nintendo waited until the absolute last possible second to have the Direct before TGS. So morning isn’t impossible, but I think that’s more of an anomaly

There's a tease at the end of the latest Game Scoop (57:15) for something Nintendo related coming next week

This is most likely wishful thinking, but what are the odds that next week we see Metroid Prime 4 and immediately after the Direct, there are previews from journos who've seen it but can't talk about it. Nintendo is aware of the shaky trust people have for this game, so having actual proof would help a lot.

That would explain why these guys seem so slyly confident. There's also another gaming podcast I listen that's hinted at their being a special episode in the middle of next week.

This is most likely wishful thinking, but what are the odds that next week we see Metroid Prime 4 and immediately after the Direct, there are previews from journos who've seen it but can't talk about it. Nintendo is aware of the shaky trust people have for this game, so having actual proof would help a lot.

That would explain why these guys seem so slyly confident. There's also another gaming podcast I listen that's hinted at their being a special episode in the middle of next week.
i cant say whether a direct will happen next week, but its damn likely that it will feature mp4. The chances grow exponentially by each direct lol. Its very likely now and pretty much guaranteed by the next one if it doesnt happens on this one.

Looking at the history of September Directs (so same daylight time as June) it seems likely to be at 6PM EST, that’s when 2019 and 2021 were.

I forgot that September 2022 was in the morning because Nintendo waited until the absolute last possible second to have the Direct before TGS. So morning isn’t impossible, but I think that’s more of an anomaly
I remember Sony having a State of Play the same day as September 2022 Direct so I guess Nintendo just didn't want to coincide with Sony that day (that's why it was earlier).

More smoke. The Mario Kart Wave 4 spotlights have started, and apparently they're already up to Mario Circuit internationally. These normally come out right before new wave announcements.

It's fine if weird nerds like us speculate it on these boards. It's annoying when outlets report on it, because it's.... not anything
You're 100% right lol

"Hey guys I found this thing on a website it might mean x" is fine and part of the topic discussion. A game site seeing that and writing "x confirmed after update on website! exclusive scoop!!" is lame and clickbait

Nate liked my comment. What the fuck does it mean
fb0.jpg

Which one?
Kirb- *shot*

Y'all remember our Captain?
Is he gonna come by and say halo again? 🥲

The masochist in me loves to hurt myself

I remember Sony having a State of Play the same day as September 2022 Direct so I guess Nintendo just didn't want to coincide with Sony that day (that's why it was earlier).

I believe the State of Play was announced after Nintendo had already announced the Direct. And Sony and Nintendo wouldn't be coordinating the timing of their shows together. If that were true, then they would have been on separate days instead of the same day. And no, Nintendo didn't move the Direct to the morning at the last minute because these these things are set weeks in advance. If something is going to be announced at a Direct, especially third party stuff, the release of trailers and videos have to be coordinated. People need to know when to post up that stuff well in advance.

Hi guys. I just clawed out of my Diablo hole and remembered Nintendo exists. What is this about a Direct next week? I thought a June Direct was off the table? Is it back on the menu?!

Hi guys. I just clawed out of my Diablo hole and remembered Nintendo exists. What is this about a Direct next week? I thought a June Direct was off the table? Is it back on the menu?!
it was always on the menu. People were just in denial.

My friends, all jokes aside;

We must always be prepared for it not being a General or a regular mini. We've been burned by Partner Showcases twice before, back in July of 2020 and June 2022 (although that last one was pretty damn good). Nintendo MIGHT have other plans for their H2 2023 software reveal.

Even though I am camp General Direct, just a PSA just in case.

I guess all this talk of a direct means I've got another opportunity to buy up cheap Nintendo stock afterwards. Anyone want to fill me in on why next week is being talked about?

Are the rumblings of next week and Jeff Grubb hearing about something happening in July two separate things? So maybe one is a general Direct and the other is a Partner Showcase?

Are the rumblings of next week and Jeff Grubb hearing about something happening in July two separate things? So maybe one is a general Direct and the other is a Partner Showcase?
i mean Grubb even mentioned next week. Honestly, who knows at this point. If they is an event next week and July maybe they are splitting up 3rd party stuff from 1st party stuff....but why not just do a general?? Idk..

I don’t need a direct cause I’m getting Fire Emblem Blazing Sword on my switch 🥹

(Good by Wii U. GBA still good but locked away in storage)

And Binding Blade too. But without being able to read. It loses some appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom