• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 6 years since Metroid Prime 4 was announced. 4.5 years since the reboot was announced. It's freaking damn time we see it.

I believe it'll be worth the wait and the reveal trailer will blow our minds and be fanfic coming to life material(like Metroid 5 being named Metroid Dread, didn't feel real).

I don't know what will be best for the game... Reveal in June and release in October/November? Reveal in June with a March 2024 date(ACNH)? Reveal in June with a 2024 window and ends up being holiday 2024 and cross gen?

I genuinely don't know. I think being this year's holiday title, maybe tied to some Black Friday offers(like OLED special edition, V2+MP4 for 299,99) will give it further exposure and it'll be massively bought alongside Switches sold in the holiday season, not to mention the install base being active AF and TOTK reigniting the flame.

But at the same time, maybe 9 months of marketing instead of 4 will do it some good? Releasing on a quieter period might be beneficial? Maybe releasing cross gen will impulse it if it's launch title? I genuinely don't know.

It's been 6 years since Metroid Prime 4 was announced. 4.5 years since the reboot was announced. It's freaking damn time we see it.

I believe it'll be worth the wait and the reveal trailer will blow our minds and be fanfic coming to life material(like Metroid 5 being named Metroid Dread, didn't feel real).

I don't know what will be best for the game... Reveal in June and release in October/November? Reveal in June with a March 2024 date(ACNH)? Reveal in June with a 2024 window and ends up being holiday 2024 and cross gen?

I genuinely don't know. I think being this year's holiday title, maybe tied to some Black Friday offers(like OLED special edition, V2+MP4 for 299,99) will give it further exposure and it'll be massively bought alongside Switches sold in the holiday season, not to mention the install base being active AF and TOTK reigniting the flame.

But at the same time, maybe 9 months of marketing instead of 4 will do it some good? Releasing on a quieter period might be beneficial? Maybe releasing cross gen will impulse it if it's launch title? I genuinely don't know.

MP4 themed Switch and joycons bundled with MPR and MP2 and 3 HD ports. All other Switch models are discontinued. Force Metroid down people's throats :p

To the Nintendo... 🙏

giphy.gif

MP4 themed Switch and joycons bundled with MPR and MP2 and 3 HD ports. All other Switch models are discontinued. Force Metroid down people's throats :p
I wouldn't be against that in the slightest tbh!!!
I think:
  • MP4 launch in November/October;
  • a new 2D Mario launch in November/October;
  • TOTK OLED gets more shipments for holiday season;
  • MP4 OLED is released;
  • V2 Switch with Metroid Prime Remastered for 299,99;
  • More units of that Mario Switch with movie stickers where you choose between Odyssey, MK8DX and NSMBUDX.
You have two deluxe special editions for collectors, 2 bundles with discounts for those that still don't have a Switch, and both the literal definition of a blockbuster release(2D Mario) and the niche title that happens to be AAA and have a cult following that maybe will get expanded again with a big marketing push(MP4).
An aggressive holiday season, without any price cuts or something that they hadn't done in the past(every year has that MK8DX bundle for black friday and OLED special editions already happened for Zelda). Add the ever greens that TotK will also count and Pokémon DLC, maybe an unannounced casual title that goes on to sell really well(Mario Party? Tomodachi?) and the forecast of 15M hardware sold this FY sounds way more reasonable.
Damn, guess Mario's hat isn't red anymore 😔
I mean, Link got a radical redesign for BotW, and the Mario movie already had a Mario redesign that also feels familiar... And Odyssey made anything be a Mario suit really.
Mario without a hat or something new for the next 3D Mario wouldn't surprise me tbh.
To the Nintendo... 🙏

I think DK might have a chance at appearing in the June showcase already... While September is more likely imo, during E3(and most Directs really) they always show some game that ends up coming in more than 9 months after the show.
If somehow MP4 is this holiday season, DK might be spring 2024... He's an iconic character that got a lot of exposure due to the movie so almost everybody has him fresh on their minds. It's a good moment to announce it actually.
I think it all depends on the tone of the Direct. If they want to assure Switch owners and Switch buyers of 2023 that there's stuff coming, they might have teases for things releasing past June 2024.

THE BACK OF THE BOX WAS FOUND!!! STINKY HORSE HAS A NAME!!! SAY HELLO TO...
FyzNkl7aUAE6Vic

...MC Horace???
I knew we would get an Everybody 1-2 Switch info dump!

I had given up and didn’t think it’d be like this lol. MC Horace for Smash!

The realest one was Emily, god bless her soul. Nate is a close second
Emily, Nate and King/Captain, the Triforce lol.

Those days were amazing, getting so much juicy information and perspective from them was the main highlight back in the purple forum.

THE BACK OF THE BOX WAS FOUND!!! STINKY HORSE HAS A NAME!!! SAY HELLO TO...
FyzNkl7aUAE6Vic

...MC Horace???

Just want to point out that up to 100 players can play together using a smartphone

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

MP4's announcement trailer has hit 3.970.499 views. Less than 30k to go. MP4 cannot be shown in the next direct because this video has to hit 4 million views before the game can be properly shown

Quick, we need to convince people to keep hitting replay on the trailer for the next few days.

Keeping expectations low, but it's nice to be just 5 days away from Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Switch being shown, Metroid Prime 4 getting its big reveal, and us catching a glimpse of the new era of 2D Mario :)

I do wonder if events in June and July could happen, surely Pikmin 4 will be centrepiece of the June Direct if it is general and July could be something else

• New hardware reveal (Not sure on this one
  • Indie World?

I don’t see why Horse Shit wouldn’t get at least a couple seconds in a direct next week considering it’d be coming soon after.

Unless it is a partner direct, in which case the game is probably just getting “Twitter” marketing.

• Big Christmas title is Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 HD remaster
  • Metroid Prime 4 Switch version cancelled and will move to a "future system"
  • Detective Pikachu port is the other first party announcement
  • Ganondorf TotK amiibo cancelled because it's too sexy

I wonder if we'll see TotK DLC here. Still curious how they have not announced a season pass for it like with every other Nintendo tentpole release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom