• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate doesn’t want to be tied to misinformation. He’s not going to put out a red herring and then people will report and discuss it.
Seeing outlets report a random percentage that had no relation to a Nintendo-related question was rather annoying, tbh.

The forum speculating about its meaning is fine; but a report is a little much, especially when it wasn't tied to anything about Nintendo.

The tweet about not dismissing a June Direct or my comment in the Xbox episode is fair game, however.

Lotta people don’t seem to realize there’s zero fun if there’s zero ambiguity. If you know when a direct is, coming out and saying it outright is like, the most boring thing one can do. If I knew when the direct was, do you honestly think I’d just tell you? Absolutely not. I’d make it funky and weird
"13 is your lucky number and am out"

Seeing outlets report a random percentage that had no relation to a Nintendo-related question was rather annoying, tbh.

The forum speculating about its meaning is fine; but a report is a little much, especially when it wasn't tied to anything about Nintendo.

The tweet about not dismissing a June Direct or my comment in the Xbox episode is fair game, however.
I think they’re willing to take almost anything you say and report it even if it’s not specifically tied to a Nintendo comment.

I really hope they don't reveal Prime 4 on Switch hardware, despite Prime HD looking as good as it does. Let Prime 4 be the monumental reveal it deserves to be. Not a whimper reveal 7 years into an old platform's lifespan as it makes its way out. Not a game we'd consider good looking considering the hardware it's on. That'd be a sad way for Prime 4 to go to me

Prepare to be disappointed. The game was announced for Switch, is still slated for Switch, still being hired by Retro specifically for Switch, and Nate said he only knows of this as a Switch title.

Which game will be showing gameplay first ?
  • Perfect Dark’’ reboot
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Yes
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that Perfect Dark game is a multiplat for Xbox SX and Drake. I predict Microsoft to have some of their first party offerings, especially the ones that make sense on Nintendo, multiplat in the future (not on PS, though). I mean, they need to make money out of all those AAA games.

I know it was discussed 3 pages ago but I was asleep. I feel like we keep discussing that stupid rumor of no big games after TotK but the rumor boils down to after TotK no block buster releases and it boils down to no Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash which is like no shit? Kart and Smash only get one game a system and Zelda just released so mainline Mario is the only real "surprise" there. Games like Metroid were dismissed because they aren't what the leaker considers big based on sales numbers and games like Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and Xenoblade were dismissed because they aren't made by Nintendo.

Last edited:
I know it was discussed 3 pages ago but I was asleep. I feel like we keep discussing that stupid rumor of no big games after TotK but the rumor boils down to after TotK no block buster releases and it boils down to no Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash which is like no shit? Kart and Smash only get one game a system and Zelda just released so mainline Mario is the only real "surprise" there. Games like Metroid were dismissed because they aren't what the leaker considers big based on dales numbers and games like Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and Xenoblade were dismissed because they aren't made by Nintendo.
Xenoblade is made by monolithsoft a wholly owned studio. They are literally Nintendo, just like retro and NLG.

I know it was discussed 3 pages ago but I was asleep. I feel like we keep discussing that stupid rumor of no big games after TotK but the rumor boils down to after TotK no block buster releases and it boils down to no Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash which is like no shit? Kart and Smash only get one game a system and Zelda just released so mainline Mario is the only real "surprise" there. Games like Metroid were dismissed because they aren't what the leaker considers big based on dales numbers and games like Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and Xenoblade were dismissed because they aren't made by Nintendo.
I yeah but xenoblade is made by nintendo, but its definitely not big saleswide like zelda.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that Perfect Dark game is a multiplat for Xbox SX and Drake. I predict Microsoft to have some of their first party offerings, especially the ones that make sense on Nintendo, multiplat in the future (not on PS, though). I mean, they need to make money out of all those AAA games.
The odds of Perfect Dark even being able to run on the Drake are incredibly slim. No chance that Xbox is gonna make the first premier game from their homegrown so-called "AAAA" studio a multiplatform title.

At best, we might get stuff like Pentiment and Grounded in the future. The big first party titles will be exclusives.

Nate doesn’t want to be tied to misinformation. He’s not going to put out a red herring and then people will report and discuss it.
that would be why he's clarifying it's not tied to a Direct!

edit: missed his post. imagine writing an article about a guy posting a number

Xenoblade is made by monolithsoft a wholly owned studio. They are literally Nintendo, just like retro and NLG.
I mean, I for one would argue none of them are Nintendo lol

to that end these days Zelda is only co-developed by Nintendo

that being said, Smash has never been made by Nintendo by just about anyone's standards

The average person doesn't make the distinction between Nintendo and companies like Game Freak and Intelligent Systems. To the wider public and even among the hardcore gamers, it's all just Nintendo. They develop almost exclusively for Nintendo, have offices in the same buildings as Nintendo, the franchise they work on are owned by Nintendo. It's only Nintendo nerds who actually talk about how "well actually, they're not really developed by Nintendo".

What would make this an amazing direct being realistic with what Nintendo could announce now?

Lives and dies on MP4 for me. I don't care about Gamecube ports because I already own all of them, and prefer playing on original hardware. DK and/or 2D Mario would get me very excited as well.

I mean, I for one would argue none of them are Nintendo lol

to that end these days Zelda is only co-developed by Nintendo

that being said, Smash has never been made by Nintendo by just about anyone's standards
I do understand the logic, but to me that is like saying Naught Dog and Insomniac aren't Sony. or that 343 isn't Microsoft/Xbox.

Prepare to be disappointed. The game was announced for Switch, is still slated for Switch, still being hired by Retro specifically for Switch, and Nate said he only knows of this as a Switch title.
And that really sucks. What a disappointment on their end to not adapt to the situation of their own project timeline. It deserves a cross platform release on launch

I do understand the logic, but to me that is like saying Naught Dog and Insomniac aren't Sony. or that 343 isn't Microsoft/Xbox.
Yeah I agree, I think when someone like Dring says "no Nintendo releases" they don't mean "no Nintendo EPD releases".

Not to say he's correct, but the games mentioned above certainly do count as Nintendo releases

I definitely believe in a direct next week, but I'm more excited by Nate's "it won't be tumbleweed country" post.

If true, that means Nintendo has a good amount of things to reveal for H2. For me, that points to a general direct more than anything else. Multiple significant first party releases between September-December would be too big for a mini direct, and they would not show up at all in a partner.

Cover the rest of 2023 next week, then use September to tie up any loose ends and talk about 2024.

And that really sucks. What a disappointment on their end to not adapt to the situation of their own project timeline. It deserves a cross platform release on launch

I don't see there is any way they don't launch with 3D Mario. I honestly think a lot of late era Switch titles will get Switch 2 upgrades to fill out the launch window... Stuff like Bayo 3, Zelda, Pikmin 4, and yes, Metroid Prime 4.

But I mean, technically we don't know anything about MP4 other than it IS coming to Switch, so it's possible it might get a crossgen launch. For example, say 3 or so months after Switch 2 launches to be the next "big" first party release after 3D Mario.

I yeah but xenoblade is made by nintendo, but its definitely not big saleswide like zelda.
I know that but apparently the leaker doesn't. At least I could have sworn they mentioned Xenoblade as a game they don't consider to be from Nintendo's main studio so therefore not Nintendo.

B2lieve
image0.jpg

Unfortunately for clicks people (outlets) will publish anything Direct related to have some attention
Even with some info, I refused to publish on my own website the rumor to avoid people being overhyped around the rumor

(This should be done soon as the set date comes however)

Which game will be showing gameplay first ?
  • Perfect Dark’’ reboot
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Yes

I feel like we're not even going to see PD until 2025. The Initiative hemorrhaged it's senior/lead talent and the game is essentially being rebooted in collaboration with Crystal Dynamics. We're going to play Prime 4 before we even see PD.

Furukawa at latest shareholder meeting when asked:
There's going to be new software and more stuff for existing software for Switch released after TotK

Nintendo fans after TotK:
It's going to be tumbleweed country

I will never understand.
Blame Chris Dring for that. Probably doesn’t help that people blew what he was saying (no 10 million+ sellers remaining this year) out of proportion (not like his wording was exactly helping his case, though…)

Gonna record direct predictions soon, but when do y’all think I should release them? ASAP with the warning that it’s based on rumoured info? At the exact time of reveal? Or a little bit after the reveal?

Gonna record direct predictions soon, but when do y’all think I should release them? ASAP with the warning that it’s based on rumoured info? At the exact time of reveal? Or a little bit after the reveal?
I think you should release it whenever you feel most comfortable. But if you'd ask me i'd release it after the reveal.

How are we going to feel on Tuesday morning when Nintendo of America tweets something like

“Tune in Wednesday, June 21st at 9 am Pacific for the first ever look at the next generation of Nintendo Switch!” With that Mario peeking around the curtain image
I would lose my mind, for sure.

How are we going to feel on Tuesday morning when Nintendo of America tweets something like

“Tune in Wednesday, June 21st at 9 am Pacific for the first ever look at the next generation of Nintendo Switch!” With that Mario peeking around the curtain image
This is a funny bit but does anyone seriously expect them to start marketing new hardware now?

Tune in on June 21st for forty minutes of Shigeru Miyamoto measuring things he found in Eiji Aonuma's house!

Internet crashes, civilization as we know it collapses

So we are pretty sure its next week?? General makes sense for Tuesday announcement, or a day later at worst. Dont see the last week of June unless for a Partner which I think is a low chance for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom