• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
you really don’t need to justify every single video you make based off of all speculation/rumour on this website. like we get it, you take and use info from here all the time. do your thing, if people have an issue so be it.

I didn't make a video based on stuff here. I got it off reddit and twitter. I wasn't really justifying anything though. I was saying youtubers use youtube like a forum for discussion sometimes. I know I am constantly discussing things with my followers via the comment section and live streams. It's fun.

Because they want clicks of course. What's annoying about Youtubers speculating on these things is that when there is new evidence to the contrary about the rumors they're reporting, they don't report on that. Like with MP4 being "finished" despite that there are new Linkedin hire posts specifically for MP4.
So I am one of those youtubers that has mentioned I heard MP4 is finished. I also saw those hiring posts (and talked about them a couple videos ago). They aren't directly hiring for MP4 in any of those positions. It's listed in the "about retro studios" section on every job position posting. It's simply using it as a marketing tool to get talented people to apply - there is nothing in the actual job descriptions about working on MP4.

This is a common marketing tactic many studios use to get people to apply, by briefly mentioning current projects that have been publicly announced. There is no guarantee any of those positions are actually for MP4.

This doesn't mean they can't be either. But none of those job posting are SPECIFICALLY for MP4. People just noted a change in job posting language that included MP4. I think it's important we understand this rather than jump to conclusion "they are hiring for MP4". As for my source on MP4 being done - while it's a very reliable one, it's still a single source and it's not a hill I will die on, hence why I never made a video about it.

To your LARGER point on youtubers not updating people when new evidence arises - are you sure they don't? I certainly don't watch every youtuber, but plenty of them talk about new evidence. Like some I have seen talk about the Zelda movie stuff, and now release a new video updating about the words from Illumination that said it wasn't or isn't happening. It's understandable though if folks are only aware of the initial video rather than the follow up because you probably have to seek it out. YouTube's algorythm even when subbed and hitting the bell still won't serve you every video. YouTube just picks and chooses what it suggests, leaving many viewers without the full context of all the coverage.

As a news/discussion channel myself, it's annoying because people will accuse me of something or not mentioning x, when in reality I already have they just never got served the video.

Ahh damn, right, forgot about the 1.6 update.

I can't even be mad, because I'll happily jump back into SV when it's out, but even just a small update (preferably by way of Nintendo Direct) would have me super appreciative because all we've had to go on for a year and a half now is the player character wallet in a screenshot from the official website having a curious amount of gold

25_asdfi8nasdfh.png
The update is supposed to make it easier for mods, which is awesome because the mods already available are fantastic, but in terms of content it is smaller. As for HC, I'm so excited for it. I'm sure he planned for a 2023 release but he doesn't rush things. He also isn't really marketing it. I'd expect the next time it's shown off it will come out within 6 months. Right now I expect a fall 2024 release tbh.

I didn't make a video based on stuff here. I got it off reddit and twitter. I wasn't really justifying anything though. I was saying youtubers use youtube like a forum for discussion sometimes. I know I am constantly discussing things with my followers via the comment section and live streams. It's fun.

So I am one of those youtubers that has mentioned I heard MP4 is finished. I also saw those hiring posts (and talked about them a couple videos ago). They aren't directly hiring for MP4 in any of those positions. It's listed in the "about retro studios" section on every job position posting. It's simply using it as a marketing tool to get talented people to apply - there is nothing in the actual job descriptions about working on MP4.

This is a common marketing tactic many studios use to get people to apply, by briefly mentioning current projects that have been publicly announced. There is no guarantee any of those positions are actually for MP4.

This doesn't mean they can't be either. But none of those job posting are SPECIFICALLY for MP4. People just noted a change in job posting language that included MP4. I think it's important we understand this rather than jump to conclusion "they are hiring for MP4". As for my source on MP4 being done - while it's a very reliable one, it's still a single source and it's not a hill I will die on, hence why I never made a video about it.

To your LARGER point on youtubers not updating people when new evidence arises - are you sure they don't? I certainly don't watch every youtuber, but plenty of them talk about new evidence. Like some I have seen talk about the Zelda movie stuff, and now release a new video updating about the words from Illumination that said it wasn't or isn't happening. It's understandable though if folks are only aware of the initial video rather than the follow up because you probably have to seek it out. YouTube's algorythm even when subbed and hitting the bell still won't serve you every video. YouTube just picks and chooses what it suggests, leaving many viewers without the full context of all the coverage.

As a news/discussion channel myself, it's annoying because people will accuse me of something or not mentioning x, when in reality I already have they just never got served the video.

The art director specifically mentions hiring for MP4 Here. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jhony-ljungstedt/recent-activity/all/

And this post from one week ago literally states "This role would be working on Metroid Prime 4 for the Nintendo Switch." https://www.linkedin.com/posts/beve...of-america-activity-7074118122873491456-nyV-/

The art director specifically mentions hiring for MP4 Here. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jhony-ljungstedt/recent-activity/all/

And this post from one week ago literally states "This role would be working on Metroid Prime 4 for the Nintendo Switch." https://www.linkedin.com/posts/beve...of-america-activity-7074118122873491456-nyV-/
Cool. Wasn't aware of these specific posts since I haven't logged into Linked in... in years.
Had to login to even view them.

It is kinda interesting to see so many Mario titles speculated. Mario Baseball, Mario Party, 2D Mario, Paper Mario, Mario & Sonic, etc. Obviously not all of those will hit and some probably don’t exist at all, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

Nope, Nintendo is going to push Mario & Sonic for this November.
Nintendo doesn’t publish the Olympics games. Don’t think they’re much of a factor.

The update is supposed to make it easier for mods, which is awesome because the mods already available are fantastic, but in terms of content it is smaller. As for HC, I'm so excited for it. I'm sure he planned for a 2023 release but he doesn't rush things. He also isn't really marketing it. I'd expect the next time it's shown off it will come out within 6 months. Right now I expect a fall 2024 release tbh.
That's not bad actually, maybe one day I'll actually start up SV on my PC so I can try that Expanded mod that seems to be all the rage haha

Honestly I'm super curious how/if HC will tie into SV, but yeah he really isn't doing much marketing outside of a tweet once every six weeks lmao. Thirsty for new info but I suppose it isn't the end of the world if it isn't being rushed and launches 2024. I just hope the console ports don't take too long after PC.

The Nintendoomed cycle continues. Just like when December comes and people are going to be like "Nintendo has nothing for 2024" before the Jan Direct announces like 4 things for first half.

That's not bad actually, maybe one day I'll actually start up SV on my PC so I can try that Expanded mod that seems to be all the rage haha

Honestly I'm super curious how/if HC will tie into SV, but yeah he really isn't doing much marketing outside of a tweet once every six weeks lmao. Thirsty for new info but I suppose it isn't the end of the world if it isn't being rushed and launches 2024. I just hope the console ports don't take too long after PC.
I will say about that mod is that it's very big. I think it loses the simplicity of the game a bit but it is very well done though.

Let's have some fun, would you rather get a sequel to Odyssey similar to TOTK and Galaxy 2 on the same console in 2024, or have a totally new type of 3D Mario game but it launches in early 2026 for the Switch 2?
All new 3D mario. Odyssey was cool but I'm not waiting 6 years to play a sequel lol. I want to see major innovation

"Thank you for watching today's Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase! Before we go, we'd like to introduce one last game..."

Cut to black

"babybabybabybaby yeahhhhhhhhh"

"Relive one of the greatest games for the Nintendo Wii system, now on Switch! Babysitting Mama HD with the Baby-Con releases later this year! Baby Amiibo is also in development!"

Quoted by: Joe
My only question I have: Will we see Everybody's 1 2 Switch release WITHOUT Nintendo having every showed us the game in action? I almost want to see that happen.
I assume it will be shown in a way that doesn't disrupt the rest of the showcase. Possibly in a sizzle reel with some smaller titles?

Will never get over Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. Official crossovers between two of the most iconic rival mascots in video games, in the form of a fucking sports game

"Thank you for watching today's Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase! Before we go, we'd like to introduce one last game..."

Cut to black

"babybabybabybaby yeahhhhhhhhh"

"Relive one of the greatest games for the Nintendo Wii system, now on Switch! Babysitting Mama HD with the Baby-Con releases later this year! Baby Amiibo is also in development!"
Gl9pdhE.gif

We are now ten years removed from when Tropical Freeze was officially announced.

I am in major need of a new Donkey Kong game. 🥺

You all are missing the hidden message Nintendo is sending.

Take the “1 2” from Stinky Horse game and put them backwards.

Like we just did for TotK?
Yep. I liked totk and I'm sure I'd like a mario odyssey 2 but where totk innovated mario odyssey would probably just add new worlds and more enemies. Even with totk if you asked me whether or not I wanted a sequel to botw or a totally new zelda I'd say new.

Odyssey 2, like TotK, could still be interesting.

The main thing is the Capture mechanic still has so much I just KNOW Nintendo could continue to explore with it. And I think any game with the capture mechanic will be called an Odyssey sequel. So that’s why I say “Odyssey 2”

They could still be pretty different, compared to Odyssey, with other aspects of the game’s design - such as making the worlds more Bowser’s Fury-like

If on Tuesday, I see these words:

"Tune in 6/21 at 2 p.m. PT for a livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused mostly on Nintendo Switch games launching in the second half of 2023, with a special first look at Metroid Prime 4"

I will die.

They will deliver.
Again, here's hoping!

Obviously, I'd love something as halfway ambitious as trying Sub-con (and Wart!) again with a SMB2/USA revival the most. But a baseline walk back from NSMBW and its aesthetic would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom