• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we going to feel on Tuesday morning when Nintendo of America tweets something like

“Tune in Wednesday, June 21st at 9 am Pacific for the first ever look at the next generation of Nintendo Switch!” With that Mario peeking around the curtain image
I'm going to feel very good.

It's always Nintendo Direct this, Nintendo Direct that. How about Directing your attention to your father and getting him some gifts for father's day?
Who.

JKCuJNuPENL8nzpB.jpg

Either FFT remaster or WW port and I'll be a happy man
We have so many possibilities to choose from, that I wouldn’t mind if X or Y don’t get featured in the Direct.
This is a funny bit but does anyone seriously expect them to start marketing new hardware now?
Assuming they release it during the Holidays, yes.

If it launches in March, then marketing may start in September/October

Seeing outlets report a random percentage that had no relation to a Nintendo-related question was rather annoying, tbh.

The forum speculating about its meaning is fine; but a report is a little much, especially when it wasn't tied to anything about Nintendo.

The tweet about not dismissing a June Direct or my comment in the Xbox episode is fair game, however.
Yeah, while my video a couple days ago talked about a Direct next week, it was in reference to some person on reddit in the gaming and leaks sub, not you. You were brought up though, for simply saying not to dismiss a direct in June.

I didn't want to touch the... 6.21% thing. Having covered things you have said about directs and such for years, it really didn't feel like the way you tease things. Could a direct happen next wed? Sure. There is an investors meeting and it's good to go into that with a map of content. But it's doubtful even if it did happen that it would be related at all to that.

Honestly, I don't even know why people brought it up. You said not to dismiss a direct this June, we have a couple weeks left for a direct to drop...
Although, I will say one thing at least in defense of youtubers talking about it (even though I didn't bring it up at all). While innocent speculation on a forum is whatever, I will admit as a youtuber that largely when talking about future events it's pretty much also innocent speculation. I know, it may not seem that way since videos make money, but for a youtuber - their community is basically their forum. with the video being the OP.

I know I am a little active here, but for the most part I don't use forums anymore and when I want to discuss thing with the community of followers I built up... I make a video.

Not sure on news publications posting it though. Have a good weekend though man. Here's hoping a direct drops before the end of the month that happens to be a general direct or even a mini, rather than another partner showcase.

Yeah, if they care about sales 2D Mario is really the big one. DK can be big. Tomadachi Life I think can be a big seller too.
100% agree. Mario will always be their biggest moneymaker, but I think people are underselling just how well a new DK could do. Tropical Freeze is one of my favorite games, if not my favorite of all time, but I admit that it it’s a hard sell even for Nintendo fans. If Nintendo puts in something that really “wow”s people this time around, it could do really well.

I mean, there’s a pretty high chance that more people alive know DK than don’t.

I hope they show the new Dragon Quest Monster.

They said it was in development to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise, so it should be out this year. So there should be a trailer in this Direct. I hope.

Yeah, while my video a couple days ago talked about a Direct next week, it was in reference to some person on reddit in the gaming and leaks sub, not you. You were brought up though, for simply saying not to dismiss a direct in June.

I didn't want to touch the... 6.21% thing. Having covered things you have said about directs and such for years, it really didn't feel like the way you tease things. Could a direct happen next wed? Sure. There is an investors meeting and it's good to go into that with a map of content. But it's doubtful even if it did happen that it would be related at all to that.

Honestly, I don't even know why people brought it up. You said not to dismiss a direct this June, we have a couple weeks left for a direct to drop...
Although, I will say one thing at least in defense of youtubers talking about it (even though I didn't bring it up at all). While innocent speculation on a forum is whatever, I will admit as a youtuber that largely when talking about future events it's pretty much also innocent speculation. I know, it may not seem that way since videos make money, but for a youtuber - their community is basically their forum. with the video being the OP.

I know I am a little active here, but for the most part I don't use forums anymore and when I want to discuss thing with the community of followers I built up... I make a video.

Not sure on news publications posting it though. Have a good weekend though man. Here's hoping a direct drops before the end of the month that happens to be a general direct or even a mini, rather than another partner showcase.
you really don’t need to justify every single video you make based off of all speculation/rumour on this website. like we get it, you take and use info from here all the time. do your thing, if people have an issue so be it.

Because they want clicks of course. What's annoying about Youtubers speculating on these things is that when there is new evidence to the contrary about the rumors they're reporting, they don't report on that. Like with MP4 being "finished" despite that there are new Linkedin hire posts specifically for MP4.

NS News Subo (a popular Weibo account with 1.9+ million followers) posted a Direct hint yesterday:

“If there’s no trailer for Everybody 1-2-Switch by 9 o’clock today, the probability for a Direct next week will skyrocket.”

It is framed as a speculation, but I believe it being a hint because:
  • Subo is a news account, and seldom posts personal speculations.
  • They seems to be well connected with many publishers in China, therefore probably need to cloak any insider info for plausible deniability.
  • In the past, they accurately hinted at the release of GB/GBA in NSO, Feb ’23 Direct, Jun ’22 Mini, and Mario 35th Anniversary Direct. These are just the ones that I’m aware of; could be more.

NS News Subo (a popular Weibo account with 1.9+ million followers) posted a Direct hint yesterday:

“If there’s no trailer for Everybody 1-2-Switch by 9 o’clock today, the probability for a Direct next week will skyrocket.”

• They seems to be well connected with many publishers in China, therefore probably need to cloak any insider info for plausible deniability.
  • In the past, they accurately hinted at the release of GB/GBA in NSO, Feb ’23 Direct, Jun ’22 Mini, and Mario 35th Anniversary Direct. These are just the ones that I’m aware of; could be more.
Not only does this suggest we’ll see a Direct next week, it implies that in said Direct we’ll see Stinky Horse in Action.

This is bigger than we thought…

Direct Hype Train intensifies

Not only does this suggest we’ll see a Direct next week, it implies that in said Direct we’ll see Stinky Horse in Action.

This is bigger than we thought…
We will never see that game in Direct though, Nintendo will not show game they literally know is shit and they are selling it for $30 in a presentation that millions people are watching.

If Stinky Horse really was that bad, they wouldn’t be releasing it at all.

It’s going to be at the direct. Maybe just in a sizzle reel, but it will be there. There’s no reason not to advertise it.

Switch gave me an alert more mario kart dlc but it's just an already released wave, if it wasn't people here would probably be despairing

How are we going to feel on Tuesday morning when Nintendo of America tweets something like

“Tune in Wednesday, June 21st at 9 am Pacific for the first ever look at the next generation of Nintendo Switch!” With that Mario peeking around the curtain image
Buddy if that happens I'll shit your pants
Let's have some fun, would you rather get a sequel to Odyssey similar to TOTK and Galaxy 2 on the same console in 2024, or have a totally new type of 3D Mario game but it launches in early 2026 for the Switch 2?
Third option: Sunshine 2

Let's have some fun, would you rather get a sequel to Odyssey similar to TOTK and Galaxy 2 on the same console in 2024, or have a totally new type of 3D Mario game but it launches in early 2026 for the Switch 2?
Odyssey 2 in 2024. I don't care if it's completely new, waiting 9 years in between 3D Mario games (not counting Bowser's Fury) would be ridiculous.

Looking forward to the sequel to "2K Hearts Switch" from 2020

The "2K Hates Switch" lineup of Grand Theft Auto 6, Bioshock 4, and Mafia 4 all releasing exclusively not on Switch.

Broke: reporting on Nate’s comments as confirmation for a direct on the 21st

Woke: use the knowledge of a direct to record predictions ahead of time to go live when the direct is announced, like Nate😎

Imagine waiting over 9 years for the next game in a franchise you like

Couldn’t be me
Waiting 17 years for a new title in a franchise is just absurd, like certainly you'd give up (or even 19 years for a good entry) at that point 🤡 Clown behaviour, truly

Ray_Mk_III_%28Custom_Robo_Arena%29.png

RIP 1999-2006

Manifesting Haunted Chocolatier as a timed console exclusive on Switch/PC Autumn 2023 lfg
Definitely not coming out until next year. He took a step back from it to finish the next update to Stardew, which is likely coming this fall. HC probably coming late next year.

Definitely not coming out until next year. He took a step back from it to finish the next update to Stardew, which is likely coming this fall. HC probably coming late next year.
Ahh damn, right, forgot about the 1.6 update.

I can't even be mad, because I'll happily jump back into SV when it's out, but even just a small update (preferably by way of Nintendo Direct) would have me super appreciative because all we've had to go on for a year and a half now is the player character wallet in a screenshot from the official website having a curious amount of gold

25_asdfi8nasdfh.png

At least we can get some laughs from the horse game but at the same time when I se the page in the eshop I can only ask "Why do you exist?"

I really don't see them saying anything about FE yet BUT my one fear is if history will repeat itself if it is a Genealogy remake.

IntSys gets a team that loves Gaiden to the point that they would rather stay as faithful as they can to even the worst maps in the game, a remake made with love but then it gets released during the times the 3DS was already dying and doesn't get out of that console either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom