• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great_Tumbleweed_Purge_1.png

It won’t be Tumbleweed Country.
It will be Tumbleweed Galaxy. Then a few years later we might get a Tumble Galaxy 2.

No 3rd one though. That’s too far.

This is why Nintendo doesn’t tell us when the direct is coming a week or so out. It makes it feel like time has slowed down. Like Tuesday can’t get here fast enough and I keep thinking about it! Ahhhhhh

All you folks wishing it was tuesday next week and i'm here like: "Would you people let me have the weekend? I need it. I need to sleep."

This is why Nintendo doesn’t tell us when the direct is coming a week or so out. It makes it feel like time has slowed down. Like Tuesday can’t get here fast enough and I keep thinking about it! Ahhhhhh
I'm so glad it was 24 hours nowadays. In the early Switch days (don't know when they stopped) it used to be 48 hours beforehand. Those went by soooooooo SLOOOOW

damn I can’t believe they’re about to announce “Yakuza 0 Definitive Edition” for the Nintendo Switch family of systems next week
Day 1 perch here if it happens

Although I sorta expect them to start with 7 to reduce confusion over the name change and the protagonist change. Get people on a fresh start with a franchise

Not saying it won't be June, but that would be a lackluster effort at a "hint" by Nate. I would expect better from him. (though I would also expect him to be smart enough realize the shitstorm he would cause by using that %....so, who knows)

(you can't win Nate lol)

Last edited:
I'm so excited for Dragon Quest 3 Remake and Chrono Trigger Remake and FF9 Remake and FF Tactics Remake and...

Hell I'll take that too.
I mean, no, please, anything but that!
I need my Paldea Starters in beautiful Mystery Dungeon fashion, but I can wait in favor of Explorers of the Sky remake~

All you folks wishing it was tuesday next week and i'm here like: "Would you people let me have the weekend? I need it. I need to sleep."
Isn’t announcement Tuesday and Direct Wednesday?

ah yes, classic random percentage 6.21
Yes, randomly specific 6.21.

Ah, yes. The coverup back n forth.

Lotta people don’t seem to realize there’s zero fun if there’s zero ambiguity. If you know when a direct is, coming out and saying it outright is like, the most boring thing one can do. If I knew when the direct was, do you honestly think I’d just tell you? Absolutely not. I’d make it funky and weird

Yep. Empty second half on Switch is an indication software development is in trouble, which is a problem for new hardware.
I would expect it's hardware development issues, not software. How this year was paced out would make total sense if Switch 2 was meant to be revealed in the summer/fall and release this holiday/early 2023. Almost all the major Switch first party dlc will be out, and you can fill the 2nd half gaps with some easy remasters.

If I knew when the direct was I’d be like “give me your fax number and I’ll send it to you that way” and the just fax everyone an invoice for six dollars and twenty one cents

TTYD HD seems like the most wild rumor for me that I have a hard time believing. Ready to eat crow if it happens, but I'm just not sure.
Yeah I get this. It's one of the most wanted remasters amongst core Nintendo fans. So that's definitely influencing a lot. Emily came out many moons ago saying that Nintendo is listening to what fans want in terms of remasters and TTYD is definitely one of them. She also said it won't just be GC games to get remastered. So that really made people believe TTYD remaster was coming eventually. Then I think some user here said he's heard from multiple sources that a TTYD remaster is coming. But I don't know their validity. I may be missing some steps a long the way but there is some smoke.

Could still pop up next week but interesting this wasn’t kept for the Direct. Maybe because there’s not a lot of room for 3rd parties 👀

It was already announced and shown (in a direct I believe but can’t remember). This is really just a release date reveal-probably would be in a quick montage in a direct or not shown at all

If we get TTYD HD I hope they can improve the backtracking somehow.
don't remind of that shit lmao. It's one of the reasons why I don't replay it as often I would like. I think at least once a year I think about replaying it but I really detest backtracking.

distracted with totk, have I missed credible info for it?
look up at my previous post. I don't recall if Nate has talked about it. I just remember Emily.

y'know I've been thinking there's a solid chance 6.21 is a red herring meant to assert that when he says he won't tease directs anymore he means it

in fact, the only reason I don't fully believe that's the case is that he's saying june outright and why would they do one mere days after their financials?

y'know I've been thinking there's a solid chance 6.21 is a red herring meant to assert that when he says he won't tease directs anymore he means it

in fact, the only reason I don't fully believe that's the case is that he's saying june outright and why would they do one mere days after their financials?
Nate doesn’t want to be tied to misinformation. He’s not going to put out a red herring and then people will report and discuss it.

The Lara Croft games coming to Switch were announced for 2022 in October 2021 (not in a Direct) and got delayed at some point. Them finally getting a release date is another not very Direct-worthy announcement.

don't remind of that shit lmao. It's one of the reasons why I don't replay it as often I would like. I think at least once a year I think about replaying it but I really detest backtracking.

look up at my previous post. I don't recall if Nate has talked about it. I just remember Emily.
Not just the backtracking, the chapter and level design of TTYD is really bad and even resorts to reusing ideas from 64 time to time. TTYD is hard carried by its combat system while nearly everything else (minus the story which is good) is subpar.

Also, it’s good to read Nate’s comments in his videos. In Xbox discussion video he told someone Nintendo is going to do something very soon when being asked if Nintendo is doing any presentation.

I’d make it funky and weird
Honestly a George Clinton-inspired persona of a Nintendo leaker could mine content in such an entertaining way with clues hidden in Parliament Funkadelic music

Is there actually any smoke for TTYD HD? Been away for a while distracted with totk, have I missed credible info for it?
Call has been coming from inside the house for a while now, it's only since April though we've gotten more smoke suggesting it's sooner than we think

What would make this an amazing direct being realistic with what Nintendo could announce now?
For me, Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart DLC, a remaster like F-Zero or especially TTYD, a nice Pikmin 4 showing, possible TotK DLC even if it's a cinematic tease or something, 2D Mario/DK, Mario Party, and other random stuff we couldn't even possibly think of are all in play for this Direct. Obviously not saying all of this will be here, but we could reasonably expect a combination of any of these.
My most emphatic "yeah!" in a while tbh
Lotta people don’t seem to realize there’s zero fun if there’s zero ambiguity. If you know when a direct is, coming out and saying it outright is like, the most boring thing one can do. If I knew when the direct was, do you honestly think I’d just tell you? Absolutely not. I’d make it funky and weird
"St. Elmo's Fire" is still the gold standard, personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom