• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Famiboards from all this smoke

People could've choosen differently in how to respond to that. Several of us have been in that thread pointing out repeatedly people need to cool their jets because of the retail listings, the sales in JP are going to suffer without a Switch version, and there's also the fact that there's new Nintendo hardware hopefully coming next year that lines up with the announced release window.

And it's not like the Switch is a barren wasteland for JRPGs. Or Persona content in general. We'll live.
I couldn't really take the reailers seriously but my point is that their fanbase has a lot of reactions and if it follows the same steps as the previous release for P3P, P4G and P5R is in poor taste making a part of their fanbase stress over this. Not everyone is up to date and speculating possible releases.

Yes, there are plenty of jrpgs out there but people likes some in particular for different reasons. When I want kiseki any random jrpg cannot fill that, etc.

I dont think Nintendo will show Fire Emblem 4 remake, they probably keep it for 2024, Engage is already very fresh and probably still have some legs

Let it be on record that I never once doubted Lukas in this thread.

Some of you might see the light too in the future if you open your heart.

That shit is next week fam

Where’s everyone’s hype level at?

I’m at like a 9/10
8/10

optimistic, but I have no idea what to expect. I mean, we have some rumors like Paper Mario, Mario 2D, Metroid Prime 4 (finally), F-Zero... but I have no idea what really to expect this time, I feel like everything can happen, but nothing can happen too lol

Under the current circumstances, I wouldn't mind a Partner Showcase. Would probably mean the main event is yet to come.
I wouldn't mind one, but it would disappoint me because I really, really want to see Metroid Prime 4 soon and that means I'll have to wait another three months at least.

I wouldn't mind one, but it would disappoint me because I really, really want to see Metroid Prime 4 soon and that means I'll have to wait another three months at least.
That's what I mean. With a Partner Showcase, I'd expect the "main event", so to speak, to follow it in a matter of weeks.

I’m at like a 9/10
Probably 5/10

It seems like something next week is pretty likely now but we've done this song and dance so many times only to be surprised by what kind of direct we got that I'm still keeping expectations in check. It doesn't help that the only game rumored right now, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, is something that can show up in all 3 kinds.

I'm also completely set with Pikmin 4 plus a ton of stuff coming on other consoles this year so I'm not particularly thirsty for more 2023 games, personally.

chances of tomadachi life on the switch?
I hope so! It's a fun game. Considering it's one of the best selling 3DS games i think it's weird Nintendo has done nothing with it for the Switch. But for a more detailed answer i'm afraid you'll have to ask one of my more knowledgeable friends

the thought process of people thinking Nintendo would go through the effort of throwing together a Direct while they literally have nothing dated beyond next month and just....not announce any of their own stuff in it is such a bizarre one to me

the thought process of people thinking Nintendo would go through the effort of throwing together a Direct while they literally have nothing dated beyond next month and just....not announce any of their own stuff in it is such a bizarre one to me
The first rule of Nintendo is that Nintendo is impossible to predict.

It was around late August, I remember that day very fondly and many people started believing in September 1st Direct due to my long ass post, it was basically bullet proof. But then a Grubb went on and just said: It's the second week of September. He basically destroyed me. He won at that time.

This time he said something about July, but I never left with my people this time, until the last second. And I won this battle.

Grubb vs Lukas is now 1:1.

Warriors game baby!!
Warriors games are fun... The first FE warriors was so dissapointing because it was mainly Marth, Awakening and Fates with way more sword users that used the same moveset. Doesn't help that Linde for whatever reason got an unique moveset just for her but was a DLC character.

3 Hopes was great and they only things it missed was a church route or letting their characters be playable on the Azure Gleam route and a free mode to use the post game characters.

I don't see Engage getting a warriors or any extra game. We are on our way to FE4R already.

No matter what, next week is going to be quite the week. I just hope the game that is causing everyone to be confident isn't Mario and Sonic, because that is a prime partner showcase title.

Don’t tell that to the hardware thread
Actually the hardware thread is in a bit of a lull. It's either the calm before the storm, or folks accepting that it isn't gonna happen this year and they're bummed.

For my part, I don't think the mall tour is any kind of nail in any sort of coffin. I just think that the simple mathematics are getting more and more difficult to justify a 2023 release for every day that passes. I don't think it's impossible. It's just less and less likely.

Finally, I'm caught up. Whew, what a rollercoaster of emotions the last few pages of this thread have been.

Next Wednesday it is! All aboard the hype train! Next stop: a general Nintendo Direct.

Also of course a shoutout to @LukasManak22. I can't say i've been a believer since the very beginning, but i have been on team June for a while now, and its very satisfying to feel sweet sweet victory.

This will also be the first Nintendo Direct i'll be watching alongside Famiboards, i'm pretty excited to see how that goes. I just hope i'll be able to tune in live.

tbh my hype is at 4/10
I'm not expecting anything because I think the Switch got all the games I wanted (except StarFox) so I can only be pleasantly surprised at this point

There’s no guarantee it’s not going to end up just a partner, however…

2022 games already announced at the time of the June 28th Partner Direct:

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July)
  • Splatoon 3 (September)
  • Mario and Rabbids (October)
  • Pokémon S/V (November)
  • Bayonetta 3 (November)

2023 games already announced pre-June direct:
  • Everybody 1,2 Switch (June)
  • Pikmin 4 (July)

If it isn’t a general I have no idea what’s going on at Nintendo

Thank you @LukasManak22 for keeping spreading the Truth even when I lost my believe already early Mai. Though at least I stayed on my pessimistic path of shame and didn‘t change my vote.

It was around late August, I remember that day very fondly and many people started believing in September 1st Direct due to my long ass post, it was basically bullet proof. But then a Grubb went on and just said: It's the second week of September. He basically destroyed me. He won at that time.

This time he said something about July, but I never left with my people this time, until the last second. And I won this battle.

Team June never doubted you!

I know it wasn't in response to something Direct related, but next Wednesday is a good date for a Direct 🫠

Team "Nate consistently yeah's! my correct timing speculation" stays vindicated

I’m at like a 9/10
There is an extremely high likelihood of seeing Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, so yeah, I'm thinking 10/10

Grubb and Lukas for Smash Bros. Ultimate DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom