• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all very busy hyping responsibly, but if we could all take a moment to stop and pray for my bank account. I just logged onto the eshop to check in on any deals, and there are so many games on sale that I want. This might be what does me in.

Choose the best hairstyle from Koizumi (we will see new one next week)

A

image.png

B

image.png

C

image.png

D

image.png

E

image.png
A

hype-train-activated-bowser.gif

What will Nintendo say in the announcement for the direct? This will be the first General Direct in June not tied to E3.
Tune in at 3 p.m. PT tomorrow, 6/21, for a Nintendo Direct livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused mainly on Nintendo Switch games releasing in 2023.

there's not a single god damn reason to make it a mini

not after september and arguably february got to be full length
Mini Directs in the Switch era seem to largely be used as overflow presentations for things that Nintendo wants to keep out of the main presentation for whatever reason. In 2018, they went on to do a normal Q1 general anyway, and in 2020, one can reasonably assume that the Mario Direct was originally supposed to be much earlier. The reason Nintendo would do a mini is if they decide to split their presentations.

Will they ultimately do that? I don't really have strong opinions on the matter, but it seems plausible.

Is the new Nate episode dropping something other than the XBox reaction episode I'm currently listening to?

Damn, Nate is a legend 😂 I didnt get the 6,21% reference first haha

Are Directs usually on a Wednesday right? Cant remember the days of the last ones 😂

Has Nate actually clarified if it’s a full on general or a Partner’s showcase? Now that’s something that would be interesting to see.

Also, where is the TTYD HD info coming from? Seems Zippo is already parroting it which makes me wonder if more people are talking about it now.

The Switch has too many games and Nintendo is gonna add more to it. This system is amazing. There’s never enough time to play all the games this system has.

Has Nate actually clarified if it’s a full on general or a Partner’s showcase? Now that’s something that would be interesting to see.
iirc, Nate said multiple times that branding is not something that's specified, even to 3rd parties. They just know they are gonna be featured in a Nintendo Direct.

Maybe it's just a defense mechanism from me after last year where we were all convinced we were getting a direct in June and then it ended up being a partner but I'm not getting excited about a general yet.

I guess also I still don't expect much big from Nintendo since we're probably only roughly a year out from a new console, so I expect most announcements/games, even if cross gen to be held back for that.

Mini with a 2D Mario and GC remasters for this year though sounds very believable at this point.

I doubt FE will be there. They won't fill the direct with GameCube games either. TTYD and/or F-Zero, one last Pikmin trailer, some third-party announcements/ports, closing with either 2D Mario or Prime 4 (in which case, just a teaser with a vague 2024 date)

EDIT: Splatoon DLC will definitely be there. Not so sure about TOTK DLC

Also, where is the TTYD HD info coming from? Seems Zippo is already parroting it which makes me wonder if more people are talking about it now.
Insiders broadly don't seem to know what format a Direct will take until it's officially announced, only when it will happen. That information doesn't seem to leave Nintendo.

That said, I'd argue anything other than a general right now would be a pretty clear signal that we're not done.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Now if Persona 3 Reload makes it to the direct I'll be honestly mad at atlus/sega/nintendo since once again they made fans that maybe own a switch and without a powerful pc stress over their damn game.

I'm still ready to not see it there and getting the steam ver but still.

My theory is that Sylux is a time traveler, and that Prime 4 will lean heavily into the concept of time. (Which will be hilarious considering the amount of time we've had to wait for this bloody game!)
Time is a Syluxury we can't afford 😎

I doubt FE will be there. They won't fill the direct with GameCube games either. TTYD and/or F-Zero, one last Pikmin trailer, some third-party announcements/ports, closing with either 2D Mario or Prime 4 (in which case, just a teaser with a vague 2024 date)

EDIT: Splatoon DLC will definitely be there. Not so sure about TOTK DLC
I was thinking the same. Lots of first party predictions being thrown out there as you’ve laid out. I think it’s either F-Zero or TTYD in this direct. 2D Mario or DK, MP4, Pikmin 4 trailer, another smaller game

Last September Nintendo changed the Direct voice narrator and it's now done by the same guy who did Biff in ARMS and things like Mario 35th Direct. But that's not all, it's voiced by the same guy who voiced Falco Lombardi in Star Fox: Assault.

When's the next next Direct, though?

It's either the week beginning September 11th or the week beginning September 18th
The next next direct will be on July and it may be dedicated to Pikmin 4 or their visual content.
There won't be a September 2023 general direct if the June 2023 direct is general or a mini.

I know we are all very busy hyping responsibly, but if we could all take a moment to stop and pray for my bank account. I just logged onto the eshop to check in on any deals, and there are so many games on sale that I want. This might be what does me in.
I had some standing credit in the Eshop and redeemed some credit card rewards for Eshop cards. Grabbed 4 of the Sega ages games I was missing, and I’m feeling tempted by Catherine full body and Dmc3SE

Why, I feel like the September 2023 General Direct is going to be replaced by a Switch 2 reveal/direct.
Because there's a whole Christmas season where Switch is still Nintendo's primary product. New hardware can wait until 2024. If Nikkei can be believed, spring 2024 is the earliest possible launch window.

September's Tokyo Game Show time, which means the next general Direct takes place sometime in the week or so before that. Most likely either the 13th, 14th, or 20th.

is that old "rule" that generals only happen in the first part of the month and minis/partners on the second half still a thing or
I was wondering that too actually, but there are a handful that were past the 18th of their respective months: Super Mario Bros Movie direct (11.29.2022), June 2022 Partner Showcase (6.28.2022), Xenoblade 3 (6.22.2022), and September General 2021 (9.23.2021)

Now if Persona 3 Reload makes it to the direct I'll be honestly mad at atlus/sega/nintendo since once again they made fans that maybe own a switch and without a powerful pc stress over their damn game.

I'm still ready to not see it there and getting the steam ver but still.
People could've choosen differently in how to respond to that. Several of us have been in that thread pointing out repeatedly people need to cool their jets because of the retail listings, the sales in JP are going to suffer without a Switch version, and there's also the fact that there's new Nintendo hardware hopefully coming next year that lines up with the announced release window.

And it's not like the Switch is a barren wasteland for JRPGs. Or Persona content in general. We'll live.

I'm at a 7.5/10 for hype right now

Feeling good going into it, but everything we really know beyond Pikmin 4 is all based on rumours and I don't think Nintendo has the resources for every single rumour and remaster we've heard about. There will definitely be surprises (some good, some meh, at least two 'wtf?'). I'm not entirely confident that I'll have a good Direct, but at least I believe it will tick off every box for more than a few fans tuning in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom