• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit I don't understand this? Not in a hostile "YOU ARE SILLY" kind of way, but in a polite, befuddled, old man sort of way.
here's the absolutely fucked up thing: I don't really like Directs very much anymore

these days I'm in it for the hype and chaos, so it being exactly when it should be is the final nail in my 2020-chaos-loving coffin

here's the absolutely fucked up thing: I don't really like Directs very much anymore

these days I'm in it for the hype and chaos, so it being exactly when it should be is the final nail in my 2020-chaos-loving coffin
Ah, I understand. I think, as presentations, the last few have been not especially great. But they're one of the key ways for me to find out about Switch stuff so I still enjoy that aspect, and I enjoy the aspect of what might be shown.

Even if my 51 Classical Era Games compilation remains a fever dream...

Ah, I understand. I think, as presentations, the last few have been not especially great. But they're one of the key ways for me to find out about Switch stuff so I still enjoy that aspect, and I enjoy the aspect of what might be shown.

Even if my 51 Classical Era Games compilation remains a fever dream...
February was weird because it was fun in the moment but I felt no excitement for it at all

Pikmin was great though...

Nate was quiet all the time, am sure when he said that he had not heard anything about Direct like 2-3 weeks ago he heard about it already at that time.
Nah Nate doesn't typically outright lie about what he knows like that

I think he legitimately hadn't heard about anything when he was saying he hadn't, but started hearing about stuff when he voted June in the poll

But ultimately only Nate knows

February was weird because it was fun in the moment but I felt no excitement for it at all

Pikmin was great though...
Maybe we'll get a Miyamoto appearance. I always enjoy those and I hope he has a cool new Nintendo shirt.

Or he turns up in EPD overalls, which would blow my mind with envy.

anyway, thank you all for participating in this thread! it's been quite fun and I appreciate all of the people playing along with my discussion prompts. I'll start one more over the weekend and wrap that side of things up well before F5 o'clock next week

I know it wasn't in response to something Direct related, but next Wednesday is a good date for a Direct 🫠

THANK GOD. I cannot watch it live if it's on the 22nd, and I REEEALLY wanna cover it, thank goodnessssss

I will always remember the 2023 Famiboards Direct Election. In an incredibly tight race with Team September, Lukas's unwavering leadership and a pivotal vote from Nate helped Team June achieve victory.

I know it wasn't in response to something Direct related, but next Wednesday is a good date for a Direct 🫠

Obviously we know what Nate is like but imagine showing this to someone out of context and trying to convince them it means a direct is coming lmao

Team June’s faith is being rewarded.

Hello everyone am Shuntaro Furukawa and this is how our schedule looks like:

Everybody 1-2 Switch - June 30th
Pikmiin 4 - July 21st
Metroid Prime 4 - TBA

fuck-no-fucking-not.gif

2 days ago we had a Nintendo Direct presentation where we announced a brand new 2D Mario game, announced official release date for MP4 for later this year, F-Zero GX Remastered, Fire Emblem Geneology, Animal Crossing spin-off (NDcube).

Nah Nate doesn't typically outright lie about what he knows like that

I think he legitimately hadn't heard about anything when he was saying he hadn't, but started hearing about stuff when he voted June in the poll

But ultimately only Nate knows
Agreed. Felipe also changed his mind on the timing early last week and said today that's because he'd got new info. I wonder if something was finalised last week, or material finished localisation or something very recently, which made the timing clearer for those in the industry or connected to it.

As it is, it's landing in what seemed like the likeliest window to me for a long time.

the nintendo equivalent to Phil Spencer wearing a Hexen shirt
Or Phil Spencer having a Switch on his shelf 🥴 (which granted probably wasn't gonna do much if it weren't for a certain someone stopping by to say halo a few months earlier lol)

I will always remember the 2023 Famiboards Direct Election. In an incredibly tight race with Team September, Lukas's unwavering leadership and a pivotal vote from Nate helped Team June achieve victory.
THE PROCESS

Remember when Takahashi brought up Wave Race in like 2018….lol and nothing has come from it

clearly that's when it started development

it's a very ambitious sequel

fun fact: Nintendo originally planned on making a second Odyssey game for the Switch but decided to fold the entire 3D Mario team into helping with the Wave Race project instead

Oh if he is that accurate then I'll get moderately hyped. I still think its too early for FE news but maybe the next directs show some cool stuff.

I'd be pleasantly surprised (and hyped) if we get FE news this Direct, seems like something that'd be a September Direct with a release date of, say, May 14th (the anniversary of when FE4 initially released in Japan).

That being said, I am expecting other news that others have discussed such as Prime 4

Let's hope Atlus announces Metaphor and P3RE in next week's Direct.

We need more major 3rd party Jrpg goodness.

Oh and DQ3 Remake too.
I think P3R still has some chance of being on the Switch while as much I liked Metaphor trailer I think it doesn't have the same chances.

New 2D Mario time?? I think its time for it to be shown, for maybe a late 2023 release.

Also Booster Course Wave 5 and TOTK DlC are safe bets

I'd be pleasantly surprised (and hyped) if we get FE news this Direct, seems like something that'd be a September Direct with a release date of, say, May 14th (the anniversary of when FE4 initially released in Japan).

That being said, I am expecting other news that others have discussed such as Prime 4
It shouldn't take that long this time since the Engage leaks ended being pretty on point and the leaks mentioned Genealogy remake already but after all the wait between 3 houses and Engage( yeah, 3 hopes was great but a spinoff made by KT) and I think its fair letting Engage still be the main FE for this year.

But I'm really curious about how would they make the genealogy big maps for a remake.

I think P3R still has some chance of being on the Switch while as much I liked Metaphor trailer I think it doesn't have the same chances.

I can definitely see Metaphor getting a release on Switch 2 since I’d imagine it’ll be releasing second half of 2024 at the earliest.

As always, standard Atlas disclaimer applies! You’d hope new hardware would make ports easier for them though.

I'm still going in expecting a Partner Showcase. I remember July 2020 vividly, and the immense disappointment when all the "smoke" and insider talk led to that instead of a General OR Mini.

Either way it sounds like something could be happening which raises the odds of Fantasy Life i getting a release date, so i'm good with anything really.

Idk I'm not ready to get myself hyped yet, still paranoid it could be a Partner for whatever reason

there's not a single god damn reason to make it a mini

not after september and arguably february got to be full length
True facts. Big question for me is whether Nintendo stop at just 2023 Nintendo titles, or drop signs of Switch support for 2024. The latter could wait till September, but it'll be more interesting to see how they time their first-party reveals as they get closer to new hardware.

My estimation all along has been this Direct would predominantly be for the second half, but showing first party stuff for 2024 would be a little more interesting.
nintendo is a boring and rote company now. sad to watch!
Eh, I still feel like September is the safest and most predictable Direct spot because of TGS. February isn't even that fixed given 2017, 2018, and 2020 followed a different route, and I'm not sure we should view June as fixed, either.

Nintendo basically are the Japanese games market these days, so TGS will remain a key fixture for Direct timing, I think. Early year and summer is going to be more context sensitive, I think, though perhaps February and June remain preferred windows because of their position relative to September. June gets a Direct this year because we need to know the holiday titles; that isn't always the case and if E3 is either dead, or Nintendo don't care for it any more, then things would be more uncertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom