• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zelda thread wasn't enough.
9e911d352832b20202fd6c2b3bdf64fea79f8e9a.gif

I'm going to be very humble and realistic with my predicitons

Metroid Prime 4
New F-Zero
TTYD: remake
New 3D Mario
TOTK DLC
New Smash DLC
New Donkeykong
Startropics
Acid Ghost

I'm so bored of predicting 2D Mario and an Animal Crossing spin-off for late 2023 that I want my much more outlandish 51 Classical Era Games and Triforce Strategy predictions to come true.

I swear to god. once Mario & Sonic Shovelware 2024 is revealed in the June Nintendo Direct as a holiday 2023 title, it would be funny to see Paper Mario and 2D Mario fans crushing this game to death.
Oh yeah, I'm hoping to see FE4 remake getting announced. That game has been cooking for so long 👀
I won't expect a FE4 remake reveal until after the Switch 2 is revealed.

I can definitely see Metaphor getting a release on Switch 2 since I’d imagine it’ll be releasing second half of 2024 at the earliest.

As always, standard Atlas disclaimer applies! You’d hope new hardware would make ports easier for them though.
Yeah, it seems like a late 2024 game and I'm assuming there will be real talk about nintendo's next console by then. But mainly because nintendo has a bigger incentive pushing for another mainline game for the persona IP when its fresh and new.

While Metaphor looks pretty cool its mainly a Hashino and Soejima passion project so who knows how that IP will end. I remain possitive about its future at least.

I personally wouldn't count out a Mini or Partner's yet. I think it's pretty damn unlikely just based on the fact that there's no first party games dated past Pikmin (and also it's high time for more news on that game, for that matter), but insiders typically don't know that information beforehand

Huh, so a Direct is plausible this month? Well, I'll be damned...

Get ready for all the "leakers" that go "Guys, my sources just told me..." whenever Nate teases something, though.

I swear to god. once Mario & Sonic Shovelware 2024 is revealed in the June Nintendo Direct as a holiday 2023 title, it would be funny to see Paper Mario and 2D Mario fans crushing this game to death.

I won't expect a FE4 remake reveal until after the Switch 2 is revealed.
Nate already hinted that the game isn't cross gen and it's heading to the Switch. If this is the case, then I'm expecting getting announced next week and release early 2024.

If I see first clips of Metroid Prime 4 next week, just a month after a mainline 3D Zelda release, and just hours before the next mainline Final Fantasy release… that’s just too much. I don’t think there will ever be a more awesome two month period in gaming for me😭

I'm so bored of predicting 2D Mario and an Animal Crossing spin-off for late 2023 that I want my much more outlandish 51 Classical Era Games and Triforce Strategy predictions to come true.
You know what? Let's get crazy. I'm predicting an HD-2D Remake of the DBZ: Legacy of Goku GBA Trilogy! We're talking Legacy of Goku I and II, plus Buu's Fury!

It shouldn't take that long this time since the Engage leaks ended being pretty on point and the leaks mentioned Genealogy remake already but after all the wait between 3 houses and Engage( yeah, 3 hopes was great but a spinoff made by KT) and I think its fair letting Engage still be the main FE for this year.

But I'm really curious about how would they make the genealogy big maps for a remake.
If they do release it for the holidays it wouldn't be the first time they've released Fire Emblem games in quick succession.

For reference, the release of FE8 and FE9 were 6 months apart in Japan (October 2004 and April 2005), and 5 months in North America (May 2005 and October 2005). Europe got the double whammy of them releasing on the same day for them, November 4, 2005. The only caveat to this is that they were made for two completely different systems and developed alongside each other. FE8 for the GBA, and FE9 for the GameCube, so if an FE4 Remake is indeed in development it probably went to the 3 Houses team shortly after they finished 3 Houses (or after 3 Hopes?)

Okay, hypothetically, just hypothetically, if the FE4 remake gets revealed at this Direct, would it be the opening reveal again lol? Or would it be revealed somewhere else in the Direct I wonder? Although I'm kinda expecting to see Prime 4 close the Direct, it'd be pretty cool if an amazing and ambitious looking FE4 remake closed it 👀

Nate already hinted that the game isn't cross gen and it's heading to the Switch. If this is the case, then I'm expecting getting announced next week and release early 2024.
If it's early 2024 the next FE could wait until at least September for a reveal, especially given FE Engage has only had 5 months on the market.

Not impossible we see early 2024 stuff next week, but the focus'll be on what ever is coming from Nintendo across September through December.

If it's early 2024 the next FE could wait until at least September for a reveal, especially given FE Engage has only had 5 months on the market.

Not impossible we see early 2024 stuff next week, but the focus'll be on what ever is coming from Nintendo across September through December.
Very true. Although it could get revealed next week and release late 2023 too lol.

as much as i'd like to see a Fire Emblem announcement(hell personally speaking I wouldn't mind seeing one in every Direct) i'd be surprised if that wasn't a September thing

If they do release it for the holidays it wouldn't be the first time they've released Fire Emblem games in quick succession.

For reference, the release of FE8 and FE9 were 6 months apart in Japan (October 2004 and April 2005), and 5 months in North America (May 2005 and October 2005). Europe got the double whammy of them releasing on the same day for them, November 4, 2005. The only caveat to this is that they were made for two completely different systems and developed alongside each other. FE8 for the GBA, and FE9 for the GameCube, so if an FE4 Remake is indeed in development it probably went to the 3 Houses team shortly after they finished 3 Houses (or after 3 Hopes?)
Yeah, but since this would be a remake of the most beloved FE in Japan(if it reallt if FE4) I think they would wait for a direct that has more noise surrounding it, and I really think letting Engage still be the 2023 FE of the year is totally valid( FE4 wouldn't come this year but the news would take such a spotlight imo)

2D Mario or DK opener (like Mario Maker 2 was), Prime 4 closer

TTYD, F-Zero GX or KI Uprising remasters would be headlines like Prime remastered.

Pikmin a middle segment

FE4 remake saved for Sept

Last edited:
We already have a Fire Emblem game this year. I don’t see Nintendo announcing it now. September feels better with a release by February 2024
That really means nothing considering three games were announced in the same year for Kirby and even FE back in 2017.

If this is a Mini or Partner than team June has not won. We will have to see what happens. With the fall line up still a mystery I would hope that we get a full fat general. We have been confident before only to trip at the finish line and get a partner.

That really means nothing considering three games were announced in the same year for Kirby and even FE back in 2017.
I mean I’m just saying how I see it playing out. Kirby is in its own world like Mario. Fire Emblem 4 is a remake which needs little announcement to release and I don’t see it releasing until 2024

If this is a Mini or Partner than team June has not won. We will have to see what happens. With the fall line up still a mystery I would hope that we get a full fat general. We have been confident before only to trip at the finish line and get a partner.
A June Direct only really makes sense as a General, though. The timing is a necessity because of the shareholders' presentation next week.

I would love fe4 for the end of the year but this project screams early 2024 so much it's crazy.
I could even see it as a may/june release.

Not long before the decade and a half old question gets answered... can they make Sylux interesting?
My theory is that Sylux is a time traveler, and that Prime 4 will lean heavily into the concept of time. (Which will be hilarious considering the amount of time we've had to wait for this bloody game!)

This is not Mini and not Partner. They don't have anything from their H2 lineup announced yet, this is not 2022. Not to mention that the Direct is coming 2 days before shareholders meeting, so they will indeed announce their H2 lineup, Furukawa would never speak to them with 2 games (not counting Stinky Horse cause that's not even a game).

I hate everyone who doesn't ask for Golden Sun remakes by the way.
Remakes? We need a new entry, Dark Dawn ended in a cliffhanger lol. But really I wouldn't mind either. I need those summons in hd.

Hot Take: GS Summons are cooler than FF Summons. Mostly because they have a Chandelier Dragon :ROFLMAO:

Never doubt June.
E3 might be gone, but the spirit of June lives on.
June will always be the correct time in my heart, no matter how much the industry changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom