• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Baten Kaitos thing is true then:
  1. we finally know what Honne has been working on, and
  2. dammit where's that medieval ARPG we thought he was working on??

Last edited:

Here's a Tweet from Nintendo Prime about a Mario Odyseey marketing email. It's a weird email and Nintendo doesn't usually tease like this so I think it's nothing but Shpeshal Nick also liked it and mentioned a sequel being possible?

They are not hinting at anything lol, someone already mentioned here that they got the mail. It's just a simple marketing, as Odyssey is one of the top sellers on Switch, just promoting it post Christmas. This is getting me some Mario on beach render vibes "it has to be new game right and they even mentioned word Sunshine in that tweet!". Anyway, can't wait for 20 minutes videos about this all across YouTube.

I still think it's crazy that they'd be able to do XC3, TotK, The Action Game, and this simultaneously
Perhaps MonolithSoft are in charge of it with the bulk of staff coming from Bandai-Namco? Or perhaps staff who worked on the XBC remaster moved to this?

Takahashi told Famitsu that the Xenoblade team was split into 3 in a 2020 interview - staff working exclusively on the new game; staff working exclusively on DE; staff working on both. Maybe the staff who just worked on XBC DE moved to Baten Kaitos?

I've never played, or seen any footage of, Baten Kaitos. I enjoy RPGs quite a bit, but western RPGs more so than JRPGs. However, I adored Final Fantasy VII and the Xenoblade games I've played so far (DE and 3). Should I be excited?

I've never played, or seen any footage of, Baten Kaitos. I enjoy RPGs quite a bit, but western RPGs more so than JRPGs. However, I adored Final Fantasy VII and the Xenoblade games I've played so far (DE and 3). Should I be excited?
It’s a monolith Soft game before joining Nintendo so probably

It's by the Xenoblade developers, with a card-based battle system, so depends on how you feel about.. uh.. cards. Dammit I can't think of any other card-based games

It's by the Xenoblade developers, with a card-based battle system, so depends on how you feel about.. uh.. cards. Dammit I can't think of any other card-based games
Color Splash

zeldacdi.jpg

PSO Episode III CARD Revolution.

And you're supposed to be a Sega fan~!
The funny thing is I completely missed its existence because it was a post-Dreamcast Sega game. I literally had to Google it just now to even find out what it was. 🤣

I'm a Sega fan and a Nintendo fan yet the GameCube is a massive blind spot for me and it's only in hindsight that I realize how wild that is.

Happy for Baten Kaitos remake and what it means for Gamecube games getting remastered (as I certainly didn't bank on this one coming back to life), but I remain steadfast in saving my excitement until Custom Robo gets its time in the sun

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. I liked it when I was younger, but nowadays, I can't stand it (despite having a great story, imo).

The funny thing is I completely missed its existence because it was a post-Dreamcast Sega game. I literally had to Google it just now to even find out what it was. 🤣

I'm a Sega fan and a Nintendo fan yet the GameCube is a massive blind spot for me and it's only in hindsight that I realize how wild that is.
Well........PSO CARD was originally released in 2003, too. Maybe...........................?!

Nah, probably not.

Do we have any solid evidence for the Action Game still existing? If it ever did?

Iirc all we really had were some job postings and those concept art images?
You're right, that's all the "proof" there ever was. But that combined with Honne being kinda MIA on the credits of recent Xenoblade projects added to the speculation fire.

For me I don't expect it to exist, I just want it to. I want another Honne-designed world to play through and the concept art was gorgeous.

Do we have any solid evidence for the Action Game still existing? If it ever did?

Iirc all we really had were some job postings and those concept art images?

You're right, that's all the "proof" there ever was. But that combined with Honne being kinda MIA on the credits of recent Xenoblade projects added to the speculation fire.

For me I don't expect it to exist, I just want it to. I want another Honne-designed world to play through and the concept art was gorgeous.
LinkedIn profile indicated an in-development unannounced action game at Monolith Soft. The individual developer had previous credits for action RPGs including Fable 2 and 3 and FF7 Remake.

LinkedIn profile indicated an in-development unannounced action game at Monolith Soft. The individual developer had previous credits for action RPGs including Fable 2 and 3 and FF7 Remake.
Fable AND FF7R???? When was this found? Could it have been for XB3 before it was announced?!

With From doing experimental games again, and GameCube getting love, you all know Lost Kingdoms is right around the corner.

If these are far more remake than remaster, I’m there for every one of them. And by remake I mean Demon’s Souls remake, not FFVIIR reimagining.

I wish the terms weren’t so ambiguous but what can we do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom