• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
New BS 4Chan Direct Leak everybody!

Not the worst BS 4Chan Leak I've seen tbh, and would be IMO a banger Direct.

February 8th Direct

• Metroid Prime Remastered, launching in August
  • Mario Kart wave 4 showing
  • Porro, an isometric / top down puzzle story game coming this year, named after the main character of the game
  • Xenoblade Warriors, features characters from all games including X and Torna, will have it's own original story, no launch date
  • Final Fantasy XIII "deluxe" port, will probably be full priced and includes sequel games
  • Genshin Impact release window trailer for Summer
  • Gameboy / Gameboy Color for Nintendo Switch online
  • Port of Life is Strange 2, pretty straightforward..
  • Pikmin 4 trailer, still no release date
  • Trailer for Final Fantasy 1-6 pixel remasters with release date for April 7th
  • Advance Wars 1+2 release date set for March 10th
  • Cloud version of Elden Ring and Dark Souls 3.. this is supposed to be a big surprise however they don't have a release window
  • Dark Souls 2 port coming in the fall, not a cloud version
  • Release window trailer for two Switch spinoff Tomb Raider games, both coming in the fall
  • Xenoblade 3 DLC Wave 4 Trailer
  • Quick look at a bunch of games coming, mostly already what's been shown but also includes Minecraft Legends, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Outer Wilds, Metal Slug Tactics and Octopath 2
  • Another trailer for Bayo Origins
  • Show closes with the story trailer for Zelda which is still launching in May.
Oh man, I hope a Direct is better than this

Edit: had to edit so I don't get overly ridiculed for a 3 am post

Last edited:
I know thats the standard for directs, but the point is that id hope the direct is better than that
Oh sure; I think that 'leak' is a really weak Direct and not representative of what we'll get; I just meant that September to February as a timeframe is about the usual wait we have for Directs.

2023 to 2024 having Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, EPD 8's next game(s), Monolith Soft's action game, Detective Pikachu, and Metroid Prime 4 would mean we run out of Long-Term In-Development Ambiguous-Existence Nintendo titles.

Thus, Nintendo would be forced to announce stuff that won't appear for another 5 to 7 years, in order to rebalance the universe.

“Tell me again about that time nintendo made an epic 3d mario game with a movie quality soundtrack and something that resembles a story with character building, grandad!
Ah yes, Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door...

So, it all started when I had tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time- *muffled sounds of violence*

February 8th Direct

• Porro, an isometric / top down puzzle story game coming this year, named after the main character of the game
  • Xenoblade Warriors, features characters from all games including X and Torna, will have it's own original story, no launch date
  • Final Fantasy XIII "deluxe" port, will probably be full priced and includes sequel games
  • Cloud version of Elden Ring and Dark Souls 3.. this is supposed to be a big surprise however they don't have a release window
  • Release window trailer for two Switch spinoff Tomb Raider games, both coming in the fall
  • Quick look at a bunch of games coming, mostly already what's been shown but also includes Minecraft Legends, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Outer Wilds, Metal Slug Tactics and Octopath 2

I mean this seems perfectly feasible, none of the bullshit 'dark Zelda' nonsense that instantly writes these off, and it even specifies details such as game names.

Retro working on a new title =/= Prime 4 is ready to go. Maybe the team is big enough to work on two projects now, or maybe some people are done with their part on Prime 4 and need something to do.

Retro working on a new title =/= Prime 4 is ready to go. Maybe the team is big enough to work on two projects now, or maybe some people are done with their part on Prime 4 and need something to do.

Oh absolutely, but I'm sure Nintendo would want Retro to actually deliver a game, any game really, so Retro handling too many projects in development at once... cant say I expect that.

Oh absolutely, but I'm sure Nintendo would want Retro to actually deliver a game, any game really, so Retro handling too many projects in development at once... cant say I expect that.

Adding more people to the same project doesn't automatically make it go faster. For all we know they have people that are free, aren't working on Prime 4, and would have nothing to do if they weren't assigned another project.

Splatoon 3 was there so am not complaining. But yeah, seeing Direct after so many days and Aonuma shows up and first thing he says is that: I don't have anything on BOTW2.
My biggest problem was that most of the big announcements where for 2022, for 2021 they just showed Mario golf miitopia and skyward sword, after a full year with not a lot of games I wanted a big direct to reassure me that Nintendo had big things in stock for the year, instead I had to wait for the e3 direct for that.

I get your reasoning, but at the same time there's nothing left to do for Metroid Prime 4 for some developers. It's best to have them move on.

February 8th Direct

Only weird thing is showing the 4th wave of xenoblade dlc when the 3rd hasn't been shown yet. They could always eait until june/e3 to show wave 4

I’m gonna be disappointed now when the direct doesn’t have the FF13 trilogy announced for Switch

Adding more people to the same project doesn't automatically make it go faster. For all we know they have people that are free, aren't working on Prime 4, and would have nothing to do if they weren't assigned another project.

I didnt say that. I said Nintendo probably arent too keen on having Retro working on too many ongoing projects at once which isnt the same thing.

I get your reasoning, but at the same time there's nothing left to do for Metroid Prime 4 for some developers. It's best to have them move on.

I did agree with you that it doesnt mean that MP4 is ready to go, there's always some overlap between projects for some developers.

However what I do think is that Nintendo wont just throw new money on Retro since some devs might be "done" considering the studios last decade history, but rather Nintendo wouldnt greenlight a new project unless MP4 was quite far in to development and nearing completion. Which I think it is.

I didnt say that. I said Nintendo probably arent too keen on having Retro working on too many ongoing projects at once which isnt the same thing.

I did agree with you that it doesnt mean that MP4 is ready to go, there's always some overlap between projects for some developers.

However what I do think is that Nintendo wont just throw new money on Retro since some devs might be "done" considering the studios last decade history, but rather Nintendo wouldnt greenlight a new project unless MP4 was quite far in to development and nearing completion. Which I think it is.
Alright, so what would those devs and writers do? Just sit around?

I’ve reached a kind of zen moment with Direct anticipation where I’m like ‘I’ll just play Fire Emblem, by the time I surface from that, we’ll likely know what’s going on :)

It’s all about the journey towards the direct. Nobody (maybe a few) is ever fully satisfied with announcements after the direct. There’s always a deep feeling of “that’s it?”.

We have some previous evidence from LinkedIn to suggest Retro Studios worked on two projects simultaneously from roughly late 2018 (when they got Prime 4) through to September 2021 (when mystery title 1, potentially Prime HD, wrapped up). I'd say Nintendo are comfortable with Retro working on multiple projects, given that.
I’ve reached a kind of zen moment with Direct anticipation where I’m like ‘I’ll just play Fire Emblem, by the time I surface from that, we’ll likely know what’s going on :)
Yeah, Engage is really good timing for me this year. Excited for it.

To be honest, the wait from September to February was not that long, I feel like September to January flew by, now it's just a small wait for the upcoming Direct!

Also, please.. no more farming games

Is it a safe bet to expect Astral Chain 2 to come out in 2023 let alone actual be in development? Just another game to throw in the pile of expected 2023 releases.

I own it, just find it hard/have a desire to continue playing it. It’s just not for me I guess.

Is it a safe bet to expect Astral Chain 2 to come out in 2023 let alone actual be in development? Just another game to throw in the pile of expected 2023 releases.

I own it, just find it hard/have a desire to continue playing it. It’s just not for me I guess.
Safe bet? If Astral Chain 2 existing is a safe bet then Vegas gonna be scrambling to change their odds on everything.

If Prime 4 is doing well internally it possible that some of Retro have moved on: 1) a smaller project 2) helping Nintendo (maybe Mario Kart 9?) 3) preparing for a Switch 2 Metroid Prime game 4) remastering Prime 2

I’ve reached a kind of zen moment with Direct anticipation where I’m like ‘I’ll just play Fire Emblem, by the time I surface from that, we’ll likely know what’s going on’ :)
Yup, that's me with TLoU Part II, Bayonetta 3, and continuing my slow crawl through Xenoblade 3. I'm certainly not lacking for games rn, but I'm very excited to see 2023's landscape and, most of all, a guaranteed Zelda trailer. I feel it's locked, but if they don't show a trailer, I imagine they would announce a Zelda Direct for March or something. Can't see them not mentioning it entirely when it releases three months after the next direct, presumably.

I'm not buying anything until ToTK anyways because of my backlog challenge, so a later direct just means less suffering for me 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom