• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going to be exactly two weeks from now.
I actually wanted to vote for January only because of this, but in the end I thought I will give it to February. But the fact that they can give promotion and say "hey, FE was released last week, did you played it?" is perfect, and happened multiple times already. But will Nintendo think that only less than a week of "time to breathe" be enough? Only time will tell.

Microsoft now acquired the rights to the term ‘Direct’ so Nintendo can no longer give us Nintendo Directs. We will now need to wait until they can come up with a new, suitable name
The new name will be "Nintendo it does not matter what we call it but this thing will never be released on a January again"

Megaman, Dragon Quest, Castlevania, resident Evil, Lara Croft, Hogwarts Legacy, Bee Simulator, trek to Yomi, Mickey Mouse, octopath, remnant (fate?). Only found 11.

Now do mine, mine has more realistic predictions, 15 of them.

puzzlepuce2.png
Borderlands

while again it's true that speculation is a poor way to spend leisure time, it's also true that for some reason you're here too, a month before the direct
you're completely right, but I hate myself and the only thing that brings me joy is to make fun of team January (also fire emblem releases in 9 days and I've completed DQ XIs echoes of an elusive age definitive edition earlier than expected so I have no idea of what game to play before january 20)

you're completely right, but I hate myself and the only thing I have left that makes me happy is to make fun of team January (also fire emblem releases in 9 days and I've completed DQ XIs echoes of an elusive age definitive edition earlier than expected so I have no idea of what game to play before january 20)
mocking people on the internet to kill time between weeb games... a true famiboarder...

If it's any consolation to all of you, remember Fire Emblem comes out soon! I was telling my wife I would not be making plans this Friday because I'll be playing Fire Emblem. Then I realized it was still another week away :(

(I still won't be making plans)

If it's any consolation to all of you, remember Fire Emblem comes out soon! I was telling my wife I would not be making plans this Friday because I'll be playing Fire Emblem. Then I realized it was still another week away :(

Download and play Fire Emblem Heroes this friday! By your post, you weren't detailing what FE game you're playing. ;D

I actually wanted to vote for January only because of this, but in the end I thought I will give it to February. But the fact that they can give promotion and say "hey, FE was released last week, did you played it?" is perfect, and happened multiple times already. But will Nintendo think that only less than a week of "time to breathe" be enough? Only time will tell.

Nintendo did it before with Bowser's Fury. I wouldn't be surprised

Alright, while something could still technically happen tomorrow, I now feel comfortable to present my current stance on Q1.

Unfortunately, I've come to a really disappointing, soul-crushing conclusion: the Nintendo Direct will be in February. No longer interested in surprising and delighting fans, Nintendo will largely succumb to their regular schedule. My final prediction until it is disproven by forthcoming events is a general Nintendo Direct on February 15, 2023.

Why do I think it'll be the 15th? Well, I believe that Nintendo now has a specific incentive to time the Direct this way: Splatoon 3. The current Splatoon season was detailed two weeks before it launched, and I suspect that the February Direct will be timed accordingly to include the game in the presentation. This will be especially valuable if support for the Switch is winding down as rumored; emphasizing the suite of software receiving long-term support will present the platform in a positive light.

I suspect Splatoon will have some sort of event during the weekend from February 10 to 12, which will make the following week the perfect time to share information about the next season.

The start of further coverage of Kirby strengthens my theory. Kirby's promotion will be detached from any presentation and can be comfortably mentioned via a final trailer the week before its launch, or even left out entirely.

As for another March or an April game, I think both are mostly out of the question besides two minor possibilities: Everybody's 1-2 Switch finally crawling out of the warehouse with a Twitter drop announcement in the coming weeks or Advance Wars being quietly announced the same way. I should note that with March already having a game, I'd expect either to wind up in early April.

This concludes my findings about the potential Nintendo Direct. While it's unfortunate that Xbox could have a Direct before Nintendo this year, it is somewhat fitting: the current iteration of the Xbox brand and product line are strong and at their peak, while Nintendo Switch is much older and expected to gracefully bow out after Zelda.

I encourage you all not to fear, however. While many will bemoan the absence of Mario, Smash Bros, and other major series, a lot of the most interesting Nintendo games arrive towards the end of a platform's software support. I earnestly believe that we could see Rhythm Heaven co-developed by indieszero, for example. I expect to see a smattering of interesting experiments this year before Nintendo switches away from Switch, even if EPD 4 is now surely deep in development of software that demonstrates the input capabilities of the new system.
They could still surprise us and do the general direct in march, april or even wait until E3 time.

weebs really love to make fun of you after announcing to the world that they have 500 hours logged on tales of xerstillia chronicles revenator 2.57√3 iv
it makes sense, they just want to even the field and give you something easy to make fun of them

I'll still hold faith just because

But honestly I'll be content if we can get an NSO N64 drop this week or next week just to tide me over from skipping Engage.

It’s funny cos I had a notification from shopto today advising me that an order had reached the warehouse and would ship soon. I got excited thinking FE was shipping early….until I realised it was a sepiroth amiibo.

There is a distinction this time though. When it happened with Bowser's Fury, it was because there were no dated first party games after that released iirc. When they did it with Splatoon 3 it was because a direct needed to happen before the Tokyo Game Show. This time there is no TGS and there are multiple dated big titles after FE releases (one very big one even). So I think they'll give FE a bit more breathing space.

Here's something that will surely not bite me in the arse:

Nintendo Prime released a video today where he outlines a rumor from an anonymous source (who he said he wouldn't confirm so they would not get their 15 minutes of fame) which claims that a Zelda-focused direct will be announced this upcoming Monday and held on Wednesday and will be about 45-50 minutes long.

The source is shady beyond belief and goes into both bashing fellow YouTubers Mike Odyssey and SwitchForce and claiming that the leaker SyluxHunter is actually SwitchForce in disguise.

Nintendo doesn’t do game specific directs until the game is near lunch.

Smash bros is the only exception to this for obvious reason.

obviously also a game specific direct wouldn’t happen a few days before a completely different major title releases

Wow. That's a lot of speculation on not much info. I should have expected nothing less from you guys.
It's an interesting moment (boring from our point of view, but interesting anyway) since we know their biggest game in years is very close, but there is no marketing campaign yet, and everything appears to be super silent.
Who knows if Switch 2 is the reason for this situation, or may be we are just desperate for news lol.

Nintendo Prime released a video today where he outlines a rumor from an anonymous source (who he said he wouldn't confirm so they would not get their 15 minutes of fame) which claims that a Zelda-focused direct will be announced this upcoming Monday and held on Wednesday and will be about 45-50 minutes long.

The source is shady beyond belief and goes into both bashing fellow YouTubers Mike Odyssey and SwitchForce and claiming that the leaker SyluxHunter is actually SwitchForce in disguise.

This YouTuber is laughable to say the least. The sheer amount of clickbait and low effort videos they put out is insane. It's a shame, I used to like the channel.

“The common fans pray for Metroid, Zelda, and a Direct that never ends," he told her. "The Insider Wars are of no concern to them, so long as they are left in peace." He gave a shrug. "They never are.”

— Miyamoto

Imagine claiming that Sylux is SwitchForce. Like seriously? Sylux doesn't act like SwitchForce at all and actually has correct info. This screams YouTuber doesn't want to do research and only wants clicks.

Fire Emblem week? Haha.
I don't know; sometimes, Nintendo will premiere a Nintendo Direct after, or near, a major release, as, since the game is out, they are able to focus on newer releases, or, just show a simple trailer for the near-release.

This might be one of the funniest rumors in a recent while. Zelda Direct. 2 days before Fire Emblem releases. I am laughing out hard.
That's another thing. A 50 MINUTE Zelda Direct next week makes no sense. A 15 minute Zelda Direct at the end of the month I could believe. But a mega Zelda Direct?

To be fair to the pretty obviously fake leak, they might mean a General Direct with a "focusing on ToTK" tag instead of a pure Zelda Direct

I mean still fake either way

That's another thing. A 50 MINUTE Zelda Direct next week makes no sense. A 15 minute Zelda Direct at the end of the month I could believe. But a mega Zelda Direct?
They don't know that Zelda will not get a Direct. Maybe it will be called a "Zelda Direct" but it will of course not show you that x and y is in the game. They will do like gameplay and maybe name it a Zelda Direct (but in that case it's not really a Direct). I don't think they will use that branding.

I don’t think a single direct leak has ever guessed the amount of time a direct lasts.

Maybe coincidences.

But any leak trying to put a time duration on a direct is usually fake on the spot.

This might be one of the funniest rumors in a recent while. Zelda Direct. 2 days before Fire Emblem releases. I am laughing out hard.
To be fair, Xenoblade 3 had a Direct two days before Fire Emblem Three Hopes, so there's a precedent. Not that I believe this, but it's just something to keep in mind imo.

I have thoughts:
  • I think we'll see a Direct either this month or next month, in part because I think Nintendo is going to want to have Bayorigins in a Direct before it releases
  • The last Indie World was November, so I think we see the next one after the next Direct
  • I'm expecting Pokémon to do a thing on Feb 27th, and a Direct would skip that week
  • It is true that we don't know what Nintendo's got after Zelda. It is also true that we are expecting Nintendo to have a June Direct where they can show off what they've got after Zelda. They don't need to show off stuff for the latter half of the year here
  • Nintendo's spring lineup is mostly defined and I think a Mini is plausible because of that. If we get a full-fat Direct I expect to see a lot of third-party stuff bulking it up
  • XC3 DLC, MK8DX BCP, and trailers for announced games not yet released (Bayorigins, Zelda, etc) are locks, but a lot of potential stuff is up in the air due to the above
  • The Direct will tease the third trailer for the Mario movie
  • Outside of Pokémon, the only game that could have a dedicated Direct is Zelda, and that'd be an April thing
  • Don't think a potential pre-E3 hardware announcement affects the above significantly

So when this inevitably ends up being fake, the clicks collected, etc., do these channels ever own up to misleading their audience? Or are these channel's audiences trained to expect wrong info and are just willing to be entertained by unhinged stuff like this?

To be fair, Xenoblade 3 had a Direct two days before Fire Emblem Three Hopes, so there's a precedent. Not that I believe this, but it's just something to keep in mind imo.
Yeah, but what were the sales of Warriors? Like around 1 million? Nintendo knows that this game would not break this milestone. On the other hand, mainline FE is completely different story.

Either way, Zelda Direct. 50 minutes. In January. Is laughable to say at the least.

Quoted by: D36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom