• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised that #TeamJanuary is in the lead. But the next few weeks are gonna be hilarious/fun cause whenever we are close to a direct, we get "leaks and rumors" galore. Cant wait for a new crop of leakers to arise. Will the direct show a: 1D Pikmin game, will they give Samus a kart, will Link ink the competition and will Mario level up? A million possibilities.

I'm #TeamJanuary for a regular Direct and #Team2024 for a Switch successor.

Solid bets on both fronts. It's almost impossible to be disappointed with 2023 that way.

It's time. It will finally return.

FortuneStreet.jpg
While we’re on the subject of reviving Wii Mario spin-offs developed by Square Enix…

MSM-NAboxart.png

If Prime 4's restart was announced January 2019, it probably was amidst restarting late 2018. I don't think there's any reason to think Prime 4 couldn't release 5 full years after its reset. Different developers and all, but Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 similarly went through mid development resets/developer shifts and released in 3-4 years after the shift.

We're going on 6+ years since it was announced, so I'm hopeful.
Exactly but until summer 2021 they were making Metroid Prime Remake too so they couldn't get all their personpower on MP4.
I think we can definitely get Prime 4 this Q2/Q3 and have MP4 as spring 2024 tho.

If Metroid was going to be announced in February, the reddit leaker wouldn't know about it. So something has to happen in January if this rumor is real.
Yeah that's what's making me believe it's gonna be announced on its own.
But a Direct would be the dream.

Has there been any updates to the DK rumor?

Fire Emblem Engage
Bayonetta Origins
Octopath Traveler 2
Zelda
Metroid Prime Remaster
Pikmin 4
New DK game
Style Savvy
F-Zero GX remaster
Maybe Kid Icarus remaster?
Pokémon S/V dlc
Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4 maybe?
Some Mario game
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 dlc
Splatoon 3 single player dlc

This would be a pretty good year
The list to be more cleaner and my date expectation in the very best case scenario…

Retail titles
Fire Emblem Engage (January)
Kirby Wii Adventure DX (February)
Bayonetta Origins (March)
Metroid Prime Remaster (March/April)
Everybody’s 1 2 Switch (April)
Zelda TOTK (May)
F-Zero GX remaster (June)
2D Mario (Summer)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Summer)
Pikmin 4 (Summer)
New DK game (Fall)
Metroid Prime 4 (Fall)
Style Savvy/Tomadochi (Fall)

Digital games
???

DLC
Splatoon 3
Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
Mario Kart 8 DX
Xenoblade 3
FE Engage
Mario+Rabbids SoH
Zelda TOTK

January 12: Nintendo Direct Mini

February 27: Pokémon Presents

March 3: Tears of the Kingdom OLED announcement (just for funsies!)

March 9: Tears of the Kingdom Direct
This year I'd be 100% ok with an early Mini if it confirmed one or two more first party releases coming by say, the end of July (incl. Metroid Prime HD finally), purely because right now, the presence of Zelda, an absolute favourite of mine, is massively exciting.

Well for one, this year we have a mostly full line-up through May which would make that more understandable.

But what was wrong June 2021? I feel like I remember most of the reactions in the Direct thread being positive. We got Metroid Dread, Warioware, SMTV, Kazuya in Smash, new look at TotK and a bunch of smaller announcements.
My mistake, I meant 2022! New Year's Eve has already made me forget which year is which, haha.

Yes It was
EPD DK elevates 2023 from 'promising' to 'YES MATE' /strongbritishaccent. New Fire Emblem, Zelda, Pikmin and DK as the anchors with re-releases for Kirby, Metroid, Advance Wars, and F Zero is kinda wild.

Add on Style Savvy, Detective Pikachu, something from NdCube and something from Good-Feel and I'd be a fat satisfied glutton of a nerd.

Alright I'll bite.

IF NO new hardware exist for 2023 (not counting new OLED)...then let's play.

Would be different if new hardware does exist.

These guesses are based on Switch 2 being Backwards Compatible. If it is NOT BC, then it Nintendo will likely launch only a few smaller titles to take advantage of Switch user base. The rest would be saved.

Fire Emblem
Kirby
ToTK
Octopath 2
Bayonetta spinoff

Punchout Wii Deluxe HD

Animal Crossing party game like on Wii U.

F-zero or Wave Race Blue Storm HD.

Metroid Prime 1 R

3,4 Switch or Style Savvy.

I truly believe "Pokemon Ultra Violet and Scarlet" release on Switch November 2023 with online expansion included, and performance issues fixed. That is this years Pokemon. They will hold Detective Pikachu until 2024 when the next movie releases.

Advance Wars Cancelled - due to Russia threat of "favorable views" of Nuclear Weapons use.
Goldeneye also held indefinitely. Same as above

Because of this The Goldeneye XBLA remake agreed upon by all parties. Will come to all platforms at some point (TBA), modern controls, cross play. MS looking to show the FTC they can play nice with Sony.

COD: Modern Warfare 1 or Reflex HD comes to Switch.

Kingdom Hearts PSP comes to all platforms same remake style as Crisis Core.

Entrian Odyssey or SMTV "royale" expansion for all platforms.

Mikey Mouse game

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions HD remake similar to Tactics Ogre

Metal Gear Twin Snakes HD

Suikoden

Eyuiden Chronicles

Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Remake

AEW wrestling

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 port to all systems!

WWE NO MERCY port w/ updated roster.

Sega 1st "super game" comes to all platforms including Switch.

pikmin 4 delayed to 2024

And we say good bye to the Nintendo Switch. The GREATEST RPG console/handheld of all time

A reliable source told, before September 2022 Direct, that an announcement was due in that upcoming Direct or in the Early 2023 Direct. Is a kind person and a reliable source, I Hope he Is right.

DK is real. When it gets announced will depend on the marketing cycle Nintendo gives it. No promise it's at the first Direct of 2023; but, I'd be surprised if 2023 comes and goes without any mention of the game.

not getting hyped for a possible January direct unless Emily or Nate gives a a vague weird comment that we need to dissect
You'll be waiting a while, as, at the moment, I have no intent or desire to give a Direct hint or tease when one nears.

With that, this is my final post of the year.

DK is real. When it gets announced will depend on the marketing cycle Nintendo gives it. No promise it's at the first Direct of 2023; but, I'd be surprised if 2023 comes and goes without any mention of the game.

You'll be waiting a while, as, at the moment, I have no intent or desire to give a Direct hint or tease when one nears.

the dk made by the odyssey team?

Has there been any updates to the DK rumor?

Fire Emblem Engage
Bayonetta Origins
Octopath Traveler 2
Zelda
Metroid Prime Remaster
Pikmin 4
New DK game
Style Savvy
F-Zero GX remaster
Maybe Kid Icarus remaster?
Pokémon S/V dlc
Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4 maybe?
Some Mario game
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 dlc
Splatoon 3 single player dlc

This would be a pretty good year
So much for a quiet year

Kid Iccarus Uprising HD will feature some sweet QoL improvement regarding difficulty and also lots of accessibility options.

I bet that Mario game gets announced first. These are not tied together but I believe that Ninty will try to say "look, we announced this new 3D Mario, it's out later in the year" before the movie drops.

The thread is not even 7 hours old and we are already on the page 6 (and it's almost new year). You are all crazy, I like that.

Pikmin 1 + 2 have been optimized for Nintendo Switch. It includes improved controls made possible by the Joy-Con controllers.

sounds like there's no direct...
On the contrary!
Nate said he had no intention of giving a tease when one nears.
He's not giving a tease now.
So one must be near.
#TeamJanuaryStaysWinning

kidding kidding kidding, have a relaxing new year, Nate!!

It’s funny I voted Team February mostly because we hadn’t gotten any of the usual smoke we’d see in the weeks before a Direct. But it looks like we won’t be getting the usual teases this time around, so who knows what’ll happen? I’m just glad to be back around for this wild ride.

I voted Team February but I should mention that I think something will happen in January, just not a general Direct.

hardware being cancelled and the reactions that followed have created Punished NateDrake

should make this thread more interesting tbh

Happy new year Nate. May 2023 provide you with less bullshit

Thanks as always, and Happy new Year!

Nintendo and Nintendo fans think too small.

Imagine how much ahead of the curve they’ll be if they skip Switch 2 and go directly to switch 3!

Clearly I’m the only smart Nintendo fan around here

whens smash
SSBU Fighter Pass 3 leggo

Only three new characters, but some existing fighters get new skins and music from their recent games (Metroid Dread for Samus, Dry/Cat Bowser from SM3DW+BF, etc.), couple new Pokemon popping out of pokeballs, Smash Run mode from SSB 3DS (8 player local and wireless support) gets ported to Switch

Ultimate gets ultimater

SSBU Fighter Pass 3 leggo

Only three new characters, but some existing fighters get new skins and music from their recent games (Metroid Dread for Samus, Dry/Cat Bowser from SM3DW+BF, etc.), couple new Pokemon popping out of pokeballs, Smash Run mode from SSB 3DS (8 player local and wireless support) gets ported to Switch

Ultimate gets ultimater
This might actually be enough to get me back into smash

That's Alex Hirsch's choice. Disney actually wanted to, but he said no. I can respect that. It was a perfect end.
I think he had plans for a lot more than we got but the constant scheduling battles with Disney made him wrap it up in two seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom