• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was leaning towards february, but now im leaning towards march or april, a month or so before zelda.

Quoted by: Joe
Nintendo of Canada just posted on Twitter regarding Mario kart tracks… I will await the inevitable morphball drop tweet for Metroid reveal!

If Prime 4's restart was announced January 2019, it probably was amidst restarting late 2018. I don't think there's any reason to think Prime 4 couldn't release 5 full years after its reset. Different developers and all, but Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 similarly went through mid development resets/developer shifts and released in 3-4 years after the shift.

We're going on 6+ years since it was announced, so I'm hopeful.

those games are SMALL POTATOES next to a BIG MONEY game like PIKMIN 3.99€
84d25ed0cc0e734adef4d2210751ae49--resident-evil.jpg

Editors note; I’m looking forward to Pikmin 4, but as Resident Evil 4 is one of the GOATS I can not stand this slander of my boy Leon

Here we go again.

Team February.

A Direct won't happen until after Fire Emblem is out, but not immediately the week after, so...

2023:

NEW STUFF -
Fire Emblem Engage (Intelligent Systems)
Bayonetta Origins (Platinum)
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (EPD)
Pikmin 4 (EPD)
Style Savvy (Syn Sophia)
Detective Pikachu (Creatures Inc)
Animal Crossing: Party Plaza (NdCube)

OLD STUFF -
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe (Vanpool/HAL)
Metroid Prime HD (Retro Studios)
Advance Wars 1&2 Reboot Camp (WayForward)
F ZERO GX HD (Tantalus)

DLC STUFF -
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Monolith Soft)
Mario Kart 8 DX (EPD)
Switch Sports (EPD)
Splatoon 3 (EPD)
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet (Game Freak)
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (Ubisoft Milan)
Fire Emblem Engage (Intelligent Systems)
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (EPD)

I've been wondering about who could actually be developing a GX remaster, but Tantalus probably is the most likely, isn't it? Certainly doubt RGG will have much involvement.

The one issue I have with a mini is that I feel in order to talk about MP1, they also need to talk about MP4, a mini doesn’t seem like the right platform for that, and for that reason I think we’ll have a general in Feb.

They could say a short blurb about development going well and to look for more information later in the year. Here’s Prime 1 remake to tide you over until then!

The one issue I have with a mini is that I feel in order to talk about MP1, they also need to talk about MP4, a mini doesn’t seem like the right platform for that, and for that reason I think we’ll have a general in Feb.
If Metroid was going to be announced in February, the reddit leaker wouldn't know about it. So something has to happen in January if this rumor is real.

I can't imagine the chaos in this thread if the entirety of February passes by with nothing.

It will be worse than June of 2021.
Im certainly no expert, but nintendo only seems to talk these days when they have to, people know zelda is coming, and they will be excited for it regardless of wheather its shown 4 months from launch or one month. Im not saying i like it, mind you lol

I can't imagine the chaos in this thread if the entirety of February passes by with nothing.

There will absolutely be something before the end of February. Only question is what it is. I don't think we're getting a general Direct.

Well that's under the assumption whatever this is has to be a mini. We could still get a General Direct.

I've been wondering about who could actually be developing a GX remaster, but Tantalus probably is the most likely, isn't it? Certainly doubt RGG will have much involvement.
Tantalus is my guess if it's a studio Nintendo have worked with before; it would be more interesting if a new partner was working on it, like WayForward on Advance Wars.

Well for one, this year we have a mostly full line-up through May which would make that more understandable.

But what was wrong June 2021? I feel like I remember most of the reactions in the Direct thread being positive. We got Metroid Dread, Warioware, SMTV, Kazuya in Smash, new look at TotK and a bunch of smaller announcements.

Quoted by: Joe
A nice distraction from all the hardware discourse!

February is most likely imo but I think there’s a slim chance of a smaller January direct then a TOTK focussed direct in March / April to get the hype really going.

January 12: Nintendo Direct Mini

February 27: Pokémon Presents

March 3: Tears of the Kingdom OLED announcement (just for funsies!)

March 9: Tears of the Kingdom Direct

I'm feeling bold, March.

Everything has been delayed, everything beyond games we expected came later or was cancelled in one way or another so I'm dropping the status quo we settled on each year and going for my loose cannon tactic now.

Let madness commence.

I believe that this year, we're in for a major shakeup. The June Direct missing and being replaced with a measly Partner last year was just the tip of the iceberg - we're in for a real year of left-fielders in 2023.

As such, we're ready, or not ready, to brace ourselves for impact. We better be, because the impact is coming - sooner rather than later.

#TeamJanuary

Let madness commence.

I believe that this year, we're in for a major shakeup. The June Direct missing and being replaced with a measly Partner last year was just the tip of the iceberg - we're in for a real year of left-fielders in 2023.

As such, we're ready, or not ready, to brace ourselves for impact. We better be, because the impact is coming - sooner rather than later.

#TeamJanuary

Let madness commence.

#TeamJanuary
Used to be team February but now I am all in on January

I'm Team February in opinion and vote, but Team January in spirit. I have nothing but admiration for Team January. How could you make fun of such pure and beautiful optimism?

I kinda think it might actually be January... I know I know, blasphemy... Just a gut feeling.

I'll never leave team February though.

Let madness commence.

#TeamJanuary
Nothing will be more left field than partner showcases going from irredeemable trash to actually solid.

Has there been any updates to the DK rumor?

Fire Emblem Engage
Bayonetta Origins
Octopath Traveler 2
Zelda
Metroid Prime Remaster
Pikmin 4
New DK game
Style Savvy
F-Zero GX remaster
Maybe Kid Icarus remaster?
Pokémon S/V dlc
Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4 maybe?
Some Mario game
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 dlc
Splatoon 3 single player dlc

This would be a pretty good year

If Prime 4's restart was announced January 2019, it probably was amidst restarting late 2018. I don't think there's any reason to think Prime 4 couldn't release 5 full years after its reset. Different developers and all, but Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 similarly went through mid development resets/developer shifts and released in 3-4 years after the shift.

We're going on 6+ years since it was announced, so I'm hopeful.
square has experience in AAA development while mp4 may as well be new territory for retro studios/nintendo.

Fire Emblem Engage
Bayonetta Origins
Octopath Traveler 2
Zelda
Metroid Prime Remaster
Pikmin 4
New DK game
Style Savvy
F-Zero GX remaster
Pokémon S/V dlc
Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4 maybe?
Some Mario game

A reliable source told, before September 2022 Direct, that an announcement was due in that upcoming Direct or in the Early 2023 Direct. Is a kind person and a reliable source, I Hope he Is right.

idk it sure is beautiful but it also reminds me of a flash game, so im not sure if i relally enjoy it.
I felt the same way about Hollow Knight and then I learned some of its art actually was reused from a flash game Team Cherry previously worked on. Hollow Knight is pretty but its character sprites were my least favorite part.

Fire Emblem Engage
Bayonetta Origins
Octopath Traveler 2
Zelda
Metroid Prime Remaster
Pikmin 4
New DK game
Style Savvy
F-Zero GX remaster
Pokémon S/V dlc
Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4 maybe?
Some Mario game

Man, this would be an utterly amazing year. DK, Zelda and Pikmin are in my top 5 Nintendo franchises, and having 3 new entries in a year would be sublime.

square has experience in AAA development while mp4 may as well be new territory for retro studios/nintendo.
In the case of the Kingdom Hearts team, KH3 was their first full HD game as well, which is partly the reason for the long development. But even if they were, Prime 4 would theoretically have an additional TWO more years beyond what that game was delayed from.

Alright what everyone thinks about the thread title? the most messed up it that it could have be sponsored by famous Furukawa quote.

I still stand to my prediction that Nintendo will tweet something about Zelda, like how they did with Splatoon 3 on new year (clip of a new animation).

I voted for February based on just the usual patterns and think it could be those first few days of February rather than later on. Could always see a possibility of Nintendo deciding to change up their schedule to have a direct every 4 months if E3 continues to be cancelled and Nintendo wants to do their own thing, which would line up to having a direct in January. If we do have one in January tho, I would def lean to it being early on for true chaos and also because if they wait for after Fire Emblem it is practically already February at that point. Would love to have a January direct, but my official vote is for February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom