• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see a Zelda trailer released on its own released this week, just for the hell of it.

That would be a knock out of an announcement

giphy.gif

That burning Chibi Robo was iconic and the perfect representation of what the boards were going through waiting on that fable January Direct and got stuck with a mini

That burning Chibi Robo was iconic and the perfect representation of what the boards were going through waiting on that fable January Direct and got stuck with a mini
I think that January 2018 hype cycle might have been the defining moment when Nintendo Directs went from things that were just appreciated to absolute behemoths that generate enough energy to power a large city.

Nintendo should never, ever acknowledge "the boards." No normal person would be able to decipher any meaning from an image depicting the combustion of a beloved gaming mascot, nor should they

Expectations (not in order of presentation)

Brief Kirby trailer to hype up the game
Brief Nintendo World trailer to hype up the release
Segment explaining Bayonetta Origins
Segment on the Mario movie
Trailer for TotK with an announcement of a date for a focused TotK Direct
Brief trailer for Pikmin 4
Trailer for Have a Nice Death
Extremely brief Metroid Prime 4 update (August 2023)
Metroid Prime 1 Remastered trailer
Sizzle reel of upcoming smaller games: Advance Wars 1+2, Mega Man Battle Network Collection, Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star, Minecraft Legends, Atelier Ryza 3, Digimon World: Next Order, Blanc, Storyteller
Sea of Stars trailer
Freedom Planet 2 announcement
Pixelshire trailer
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE trailer
Splatoon 3 update trailer
Xenoblade 3 DLC trailer (July 2023)
New 2D Mario game (November 2023)

Game Freak finishes up most of Nintendo's 2023 lineup with later announcements of Detective Pikachu 2 and Pokemon SV DLC

Zippo is sitting on games more than Nintendo itself
what about markomaro tho

1H 2021
New Pokemon Snap (Spring)
Pokemon Collection (Feb)
Famicom Detective Club remakes (At least in Japan)
Zelda BOTW Sequel (April if is not delays)
Metroid 2D (If not more delays, already finished)
New IP (Not announced yet)
Fire Emblem Remake (Spring-Summer)

2H 2021

Bayonetta 3
Zelda Collection Zelda WiiU Ports
Kirby
DK Country “6”
Pokemon Gen 4 remakes

what about markomaro tho

1H 2021
Pokemon Collection (Feb)

2H 2021

Bayonetta 3
Kirby
DK Country “6”
Pokemon Gen 4 remakes

Nothing fazes markamoro though. Just keeps going as if he is legit. Still has people following blindly.

It's actually hard to tell how much bandwidth Omega Force has as they make A LOT of games, but they're also starting to do games that are really different from each other and different from their usual fair. A Monster Hunter clone in particular is just really different compared to their prior games.

So I wouldn't be shocked if they had a new Warriors spinoff for Nintendo in coming, but I would not personally expect it.

For some reason donkey Kong 64 keeps showing up in my feed. I would legit drop down if they announced a new 3D donkey Kong platformer. Best of both worlds would be a 3D one and a 2d one! Year of the Kong!!!

Im going to will a super Mario rpg: legend of the seven stars remake into existence. Strong hope its absence from switch Online is they are collaborating with Nintendo to remake the game.

c9bed09bd97c197026039ccacdf3b993.gif

Last edited:
what about markomaro tho

1H 2021
Pokemon Collection (Feb)

2H 2021

Bayonetta 3
Kirby
DK Country “6”
Pokemon Gen 4 remakes
LEGEND

It's actually hard to tell how much bandwidth Omega Force has as they make A LOT of games, but they're also starting to do games that are really different from each other and different from their usual fair. A Monster Hunter clone in particular is just really different compared to their prior games.

So I wouldn't be shocked if they had a new Warriors spinoff for Nintendo in coming, but I would not personally expect it.
Omega Force has already worked on Toukiden 1 and 2, their new game is just the continuation of what they were doing but this time with a new IP.
I think the Three Houses team is the one that worked on Three Hopes while Kō Shibusawa is working on the new Fate game.
So we could potentially see a new game from the Age of Calamity team in the next few years and I think Nintendo will continue to partner with them as it seems profitable for both companies : Three Hopes has sold over a million copies, and Age of Calamity is the best-selling musou game of all time.

I've had this image in my head of the Axem Rangers firing Breaker Beam at the party for years now.

The game hold such a special place in my memory when my brother and I would stay up late trying to progress the game. It was actually my first ever rpg and got me into the genre. It deserves a remake and would sell well in my opinion. They could even add a few things if they wanted. The mix of Mario enemies with square ones was awesome too.

Omega Force has already worked on Toukiden 1 and 2, their new game is just the continuation of what they were doing but this time with a new IP.
I think the Three Houses team is the one that worked on Three Hopes while Kō Shibusawa is working on the new Fate game.
So we could potentially see a new game from the Age of Calamity team in the next few years and I think Nintendo will continue to partner with them as it seems profitable for both companies : Three Hopes has sold over a million copies, and Age of Calamity is the best-selling musou game of all time.

I mean, I definitely think they'll make another Nintendo Warriors spinoff, I just don't know about this year.

I could also see them being hired by other companies to do a Final Fantasy spinoff or another Dragon Quest or a Naruto spinoff etc.

I still have hopes for a Mother 3 remake/official localization (that removes the problematic bs), but my hopes are lower than Forspoken's MC score nowadays. I think a remake of Earthbound is probably more likely.

These games are on the NSO? I have never played any of them…
Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1) and Earthbound (Mother 2) are. Mother 3 is not, for various reasons. Earthbound is probably the best place to start if you want to give the series a try. You could say Earthbound Beginnings is dated to the point where most people used to modern JRPG conventions will find it unplayable (I still love it regardless), while Mother 3 is my favorite in the series, but it takes a little bit more work to access I guess.

They could do a super smash bros style one with all the Nintendo character and guests!

Nah, the Warriors games are best when they laser focus on a series and give us a vast roster of deep cuts than the completely surface level version you'd get that would end up looking almost like a ticklist of generic Nintendo lineup if they did a overall warriors one.

I still have hopes for a Mother 3 remake/official localization (that removes the problematic bs), but my hopes are lower than Forspoken's MC score nowadays. I think a remake of Earthbound is probably more likely.
I know Switch had its own share of miracles but bringing Shigesato Itoi back to game development would be a biggest one. Remaking a Mother game without him would be an even bigger miracle.

You know what would be cool is if they combined 3D Mario with 3D Donkey Kong to make the ultimate platformer. They started together in the original donkey Kong. You could combine elements of both games worlds, enemies, characters together for one crazy adventure.

Also that footage was pretty funny. This Mario movie going to be lit 🔥.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom