• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably one of the more exciting Nintendo directs for me personally because we don’t know what will really show up (minus zelda and Bayonetta). The possibilities are limitless…

Fire emblem Engage wave 2 probably too soon for a trailer. But maybe not, game was done earlier then it released and perhaps the DLC is done/almost done is as well.

The expansion for Three houses released only 7 months after the game came out.

Still holding out hope Mario Strikers gets one last big updating adding a single player mode and some league/tournament creator modes

I personally don't think that Switch Sports is dead. The game is selling quite well, I can imagine an One Year Anniversary update or something.
Yes, in the realm of Mario Kart 8 getting more DLC years after even the rerelease came out Nintendo could expand any game if they deem it profitable.
Granted Mario Kart is a special case.

No joke, I'd pay $10 for archery dlc in Switch Sports. It's all I'm asking for from Santa Nintendo in the next direct, pls don't let me down Furukawa

Nintendo Direct on February 9th opening with Everyone 1-2-Switch.

madturnip-show.gif

Holy shit, that's terrible. Absolutely dreadful. If people are going to make shit up, why not go wild and go full "dream Direct"? It would be bullshit, but at least it would be entertaining bullshit.
Man, what the hell, let's lead by example:

Feb 9th 2023, Nintendo Direct:
  • It opens with TOTK. It looks great and it's still scheduled for May.
  • Various updates for already released first party titles.
  • Advance Wars 1+2 receive new release date
  • Mass Effect Trilogy coming to Switch
  • Third party exclusive: Polka Dot, a fast-paced musical platformer starring Dot (not the one from Animaniacs), a cute critter on a quest to save his friends. The songs (whose lyrics change depending on the player's actions) are written and performed by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
  • Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time remake resurfaces; it looks much better than before and is now also coming to Switch.
  • No One Lives Forever HD Collection announced. Coming to basically everything. It also includes Contract J.A.C.K., but hey, nobody's perfect.
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines HD announced. It's a shadowdrop.
  • Short reminders of already announced titles (Octopath Traveler II and the like)
  • Metroid Prime 1 remake announced. It's absolutely beautiful. News regarding Prime 4 are promised to be "coming very soon".
  • The "one more thing" is a teaser trailer showing Luigi in Raccoon City and the RE1 S.T.AR.S. team in a Boo-infested mansion. This is used to reveal Nintendo x Capcom: Switched! a crossover title whose gimmick is that the main characters of Nintendo and Capcom games have traded places and now have to face unfamiliar enemies and situations.
There. Some entertaining bullshit (I hope).

Third party exclusive: Polka Dot, a fast-paced musical platformer starring Dot (not the one from Animaniacs), a cute critter on a quest to save his friends. The songs (whose lyrics change depending on the player's actions) are written and performed by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
WHY IS THIS NOT REAL

The last sports game I genuinely enjoyed from Nintendo that I played was Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. It's been downhill since.

That's why I mentioned a potential sorta exciting future for NSO where games like Conker actually could show up just because of freaking Goldeneye's really high Japanese age rating
Honestly that would be super exciting; it feels a lot more likely that it could get it's own individual release rather than Rare Replay being ported from Xbox to Switch (even if it means no Viva Pinata nor StarFox Adventures 😢)

Welcome to a new Episode of BS 4Chan Direct "Leaks"

Feb 8th, 2023: Nintendo Direct
  • TOTK gameplay/story trailer
  • Xenoblade 3 update, coming Mid-April
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land Update, adds new multiplayer mode, a new area & the return of “a fan-favorite boss”(It’s Daroach)
  • Yo-Kai Watch Collection(1+2+3), releases in October
  • Trailer for new update on Switch Sports, adds baseball, releases later in february
  • Trailer for Advance War, now dropping in March
  • Teaser trailer for upcoming Pokemon DLC, teases the Virizion/Suicune Paradoxes.
  • Sakurai comes on and begins talking about his youtube channel, and then ends the segment with a Kid Icarus: Uprising HD port, releasing in July
  • Ashley(the bitch from WarioWare) game, releases on eshop in April
  • Cereza and the Lost Demon trailer, shows a bit more gameplay.
  • Half-Life 1+2 collection shadow drop, releases same day on eShop
  • Tomodachi Life 2, uses Miitopia engine, tons of new shit to use, drops in August
  • Miyamoto comes on, Pikmin 4 trailer, showing off co-op and new captain, releasing in October, talks about Mario Movie, shows new clip. Full Mario & Luigi pipe scene. Then he talks about Super Nintendo World for a few minutes, and ends section with New 3D Mario is shown, not an Odyssey sequel, slight tie-in to Movie, multiple playable characters teased(Peach, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, DK) “more info soon”, releases November 24th

Feb 22nd, 2023: Pokemon Presents
  • Opens with trailer for ScarVi DLC, now titled Paradoxes Paradise, takes place in the grayed out part of the map(It is Kalos and fucking Alola somehow, there’s a teaser with Sycamore), releases in May
  • Trailers for GO, Cafe Mix and Unite(Adding Sprigatito line)
  • Final reveal is a port of USUM to switch with slightly tweaked graphics

No new games and the only third party ports are Half-Life? Okay, son.

Also, no new Pokemon mobile game? Skipping the Black/White and the X/Y remakes to jump to USUM? Go back to the drawing board on this one

Have we ever gotten a Treehouse after a February Direct?

Treehouse and BoTW was insanity. They have to at least try and replicate that with ToTK, right?

This is probably one of the more exciting Nintendo directs for me personally because we don’t know what will really show up (minus zelda and Bayonetta). The possibilities are limitless…

I somewhat agree, but then I start to think about it and realize that most of the surprises have probably already been "leaked" and discussed here in some form or fashion. I could see Nintendo making a big deal about Baten Kaitos, Metroid Primake, F-Zero GX, and/or Kid Icarus Uprising remaster, for example.

Even Donkey Kong would be like, oh of course.

Third party exclusive: Polka Dot, a fast-paced musical platformer starring Dot (not the one from Animaniacs), a cute critter on a quest to save his friends. The songs (whose lyrics change depending on the player's actions) are written and performed by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
Oh my god PLEASE I want this.

Weird Al absolutely needs his own video game. If Jack Black can do it, so can he

Treehouse and BoTW was insanity. They have to at least try and replicate that with ToTK, right?

I somewhat agree, but then I start to think about it and realize that most of the surprises have probably already been "leaked" and discussed here in some form or fashion. I could see Nintendo making a big deal about Baten Kaitos, Metroid Primake, F-Zero GX, and/or Kid Icarus Uprising remaster, for example.

Even Donkey Kong would be like, oh of course.

This is true, however there is always a few games that nobody guesses! Always a Few surprises.

I'm hoping that we instead get something like this during the Direct itself

"Miyamoto-san, how is Pikmin 4 going?"

"Development is going smoothly, and it should be ready by the end of the year."

Those Sports games really start to feel like; okay next. Cause they all feel very bare bones. I need to check how good they sell cause I believe all the Mario Sport games do sell quite well even tho they are mediocre.
That's not true. Mario Golf has a lot of content now. I have friends too who enjoy that game and even host tournaments for it on twitch. And the core gameplay is fantastic in Aces.

I agree they should release feature complete, however.

Don't expect anything tomorrow, just hope for stuff but not so much where it makes your morning coffee seem too bitter if there is no announcement(s).

• It opens with TOTK. It looks great and it's still scheduled for May.
  • Various updates for already released first party titles.
  • Advance Wars 1+2 receive new release date
  • Mass Effect Trilogy coming to Switch
  • Third party exclusive: Polka Dot, a fast-paced musical platformer starring Dot (not the one from Animaniacs), a cute critter on a quest to save his friends. The songs (whose lyrics change depending on the player's actions) are written and performed by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
  • Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time remake resurfaces; it looks much better than before and is now also coming to Switch.
  • No One Lives Forever HD Collection announced. Coming to basically everything. It also includes Contract J.A.C.K., but hey, nobody's perfect.
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines HD announced. It's a shadowdrop.
  • Short reminders of already announced titles (Octopath Traveler II and the like)
  • Metroid Prime 1 remake announced. It's absolutely beautiful. News regarding Prime 4 are promised to be "coming very soon".
  • The "one more thing" is a teaser trailer showing Luigi in Raccoon City and the RE1 S.T.AR.S. team in a Boo-infested mansion. This is used to reveal Nintendo x Capcom: Switched! a crossover title whose gimmick is that the main characters of Nintendo and Capcom games have traded places and now have to face unfamiliar enemies and situations.
There. Some entertaining bullshit (I hope).
No One Lives Forever rereleases would be so dope.

Surprised we have not seen the evil within ported to switch yet either. I guess you could say that for a lot of game series.
Back when the Switch was revealed, Shinji Mikami said during an interview that The Evil Within on Switch would be interesting and he would love to do it. Just a couple of weeks later, in a different interview, he said he had changed his mind and that it would not be worth it. I'm not making this up.

Back when the Switch was revealed, Shinji Mikami said during an interview that The Evil Within on Switch would be interesting and he would love to do it. Just a couple of weeks later, in a different interview, he said he had changed his mind and that it would not be worth it. I'm not making this up.

That’s unfortunate

I will be very disappointed with another Direct focused on late third party PS4 ports, like the partner showcase we had last summer.

Y'know what? Fuck it, I need to be the change.

I think there will be a Direct this week. If there isn't, we'll at least get something. Maybe some sort of Twitter announcement(s). There will be something.

If there's no Direct, I'm going back to February 15 for Splatoon 3.

welcome back to critique that leak
  • switch sports is done. they added the last cosmetics and a title for getting them all
  • no, 4chan, sakurai isn't going to come on a nintendo direct and advertise his youtube channel
  • tomodachi life was tomodachi 2 lmfao, do at least a modicum of research before making shit up. bonus points for "miitopia engine" lmfao
  • re: alola, pointing out that something is stupid doesn't make me believe you

overall, this one is a 2/10, especially terrible. at least they didn't try to act like splatoon 3 would be in a february 8th direct, but based on the rest of the leak it's more likely they forgot it exists
Also, Yokai Watch 1 already has a switch version. This series is dead in the west (and probably everywhere) since Level 5 is seemingly having issues and Nintendo is the publisher for these. If they wanted it here they would have brought 1 and 4 over long ago. Not much base knowledge of prior releases by this fake leaker it seems.

Welcome to a new Episode of BS 4Chan Direct "Leaks"

Feb 8th, 2023: Nintendo Direct
  • TOTK gameplay/story trailer
  • Xenoblade 3 update, coming Mid-April
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land Update, adds new multiplayer mode, a new area & the return of “a fan-favorite boss”(It’s Daroach)
  • Yo-Kai Watch Collection(1+2+3), releases in October
  • Trailer for new update on Switch Sports, adds baseball, releases later in february
  • Trailer for Advance War, now dropping in March
  • Teaser trailer for upcoming Pokemon DLC, teases the Virizion/Suicune Paradoxes.
  • Sakurai comes on and begins talking about his youtube channel, and then ends the segment with a Kid Icarus: Uprising HD port, releasing in July
  • Ashley(the bitch from WarioWare) game, releases on eshop in April
  • Cereza and the Lost Demon trailer, shows a bit more gameplay.
  • Half-Life 1+2 collection shadow drop, releases same day on eShop
  • Tomodachi Life 2, uses Miitopia engine, tons of new shit to use, drops in August
  • Miyamoto comes on, Pikmin 4 trailer, showing off co-op and new captain, releasing in October, talks about Mario Movie, shows new clip. Full Mario & Luigi pipe scene. Then he talks about Super Nintendo World for a few minutes, and ends section with New 3D Mario is shown, not an Odyssey sequel, slight tie-in to Movie, multiple playable characters teased(Peach, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, DK) “more info soon”, releases November 24th

Feb 22nd, 2023: Pokemon Presents
  • Opens with trailer for ScarVi DLC, now titled Paradoxes Paradise, takes place in the grayed out part of the map(It is Kalos and fucking Alola somehow, there’s a teaser with Sycamore), releases in May
  • Trailers for GO, Cafe Mix and Unite(Adding Sprigatito line)
  • Final reveal is a port of USUM to switch with slightly tweaked graphics

They didn't even try to make the Pokemon segment believable.

I would prefer if we didn't post 4chan nonsense at all. The less I have to be reminded of that cesspit, the better.

Oh, me next! I think I can hype people up.
  • Direct opens with a voiceover saying "first up, a game EVERYBODY has been waiting for - 1, 2..." but then it's Mother 3. It's been remade as a co-op action RPG and will be free to play with microtransactions.
  • [eagle-eyed viewers freeze frame during this trailer and discover a frame announcing the cancellation of Everybody 1-2 Switch]
  • TOTK trailer confirms social links and romance options.
  • Kirby's Eat to the Beat, a rhythm action game, is introduced by guest host Debbie Harry.
  • Extended trailer for the Xenosaga Trilogy ends with confirmation that it is not coming to Switch, they just wanted people to remember it. Voice over guy apologises for the Baten-switch and really emphasises "baten", but it's probably nothing.
  • Digital Devil Saga HD Collection shadow drop. Everyone is excited until they realise it's the EU PS3 ports with out of sync sound.
  • New Mario trailer opens with him flying the Odyssey then putting Cappy on - hold on, Cappy is a visor? Mario Lawn Bowling Odyssey launches in November.
  • Voice over teases a whole new way to experience a Capcom horror classic...Resident Evil 4: Pocket Edition launches later this year. It's compatible with the chainsaw peripheral, which doesn't do anything in terms of gameplay but does unlock a new outfit for Leon.
  • Updates on various expansion packs. Next Engage DLC Emblems are Tsubasa and the Spring Prince variant of Xander with the giant carrot. Walking is added to Nintendo Switch Sports. Xenoblade 3 gets an all-new playable character with a short sub-story and no other relevance to the game, a 47 year-old man from our world called Colin.
  • Lufia, Ys, and Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City added to NSO. Addams Family Values SP launches next month, a reskinned version of the game where you play as Jenna Ortega's Wednesday and the soundtrack is just the sped up TikTok version of Bloody Mary. GameBoy also launches but so far it's just Conker's Pocket Tales and Conker's Pocket Tales SP.
  • Sizzle reel quietly announces late port of Tales of Xillia 2, Puyo Puyo Wetrix and a Vampire Night remake.
  • Voice over guys says we're now PRIMED for one last reveal. Sonic Prime: The Game releases this summer, with a demo available now! Switch players can exclusively play as Goombella (PS4/5 character is Kat, Xbox character is Blinx, PC character is Rolo the Elephant for some reason).

I second the motion of not posting bs from 4chan. 99% of the "leaks" are bs and the 1% of real leaks can't even be verified to be real until after the direct/event airs so they are useless for speculation. You might as well post your own made up leaks as they'd be just as entertaining if not more entertaining and you aren't promoting a cesspit. Definitely shouldn't link the website.

Surprised we have not seen the evil within ported to switch yet either. I guess you could say that for a lot of game series.
I thought it would have to do with Tango Studios being a part of Zenimax when it got bought out by Microsoft, but honestly I'd love to be surprised

...wh-what? What could have changed his mind so drastically in such a short period of time?

NSO N64 games are rendered in 720p, textures are filtered and not upscaled.
Ahh, thank you for the correction! Guess I was using the wrong word all this time 😅

The direct is gonna end on Tears of the Kingdom and that trailer will somehow have shown less then the 3 previous trailers.

As it fades to black. You hear Anouma laughing at the audience.

Oh, me next! I think I can hype people up.
  • Direct opens with a voiceover saying "first up, a game EVERYBODY has been waiting for - 1, 2..." but then it's Mother 3. It's been remade as a co-op action RPG and will be free to play with microtransactions.
  • [eagle-eyed viewers freeze frame during this trailer and discover a frame announcing the cancellation of Everybody 1-2 Switch]
  • TOTK trailer confirms social links and romance options.
  • Kirby's Eat to the Beat, a rhythm action game, is introduced by guest host Debbie Harry.
  • Extended trailer for the Xenosaga Trilogy ends with confirmation that it is not coming to Switch, they just wanted people to remember it. Voice over guy apologises for the Baten-switch and really emphasises "baten", but it's probably nothing.
  • Digital Devil Saga HD Collection shadow drop. Everyone is excited until they realise it's the EU PS3 ports with out of sync sound.
  • New Mario trailer opens with him flying the Odyssey then putting Cappy on - hold on, Cappy is a visor? Mario Lawn Bowling Odyssey launches in November.
  • Voice over teases a whole new way to experience a Capcom horror classic...Resident Evil 4: Pocket Edition launches later this year. It's compatible with the chainsaw peripheral, which doesn't do anything in terms of gameplay but does unlock a new outfit for Leon.
  • Updates on various expansion packs. Next Engage DLC Emblems are Tsubasa and the Spring Prince variant of Xander with the giant carrot. Walking is added to Nintendo Switch Sports. Xenoblade 3 gets an all-new playable character with a short sub-story and no other relevance to the game, a 47 year-old man from our world called Colin.
  • Lufia, Ys, and Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City added to NSO. Addams Family Values SP launches next month, a reskinned version of the game where you play as Jenna Ortega's Wednesday and the soundtrack is just the sped up TikTok version of Bloody Mary. GameBoy also launches but so far it's just Conker's Pocket Tales and Conker's Pocket Tales SP.
  • Sizzle reel quietly announces late port of Tales of Xillia 2, Puyo Puyo Wetrix and a Vampire Night remake.
  • Voice over guys says we're now PRIMED for one last reveal. Sonic Prime: The Game releases this summer, with a demo available now! Switch players can exclusively play as Goombella (PS4/5 character is Kat, Xbox character is Blinx, PC character is Rolo the Elephant for some reason).
* chef's kiss *

Nothing will be worse then 1-2 Switch until Everybody's 1-2 Switch comes out. People bitch about Mario Sports games on Switch, at least the core gameplay of those is fun and the online works well, most of the "games" in 1-2 Switch aren't even fun the first time, and you need another human present to embarrass yourself with.
Still honestly had more fun with friends playing 1-2Switch honestly

I'm hoping that we instead get something like this during the Direct itself

"Miyamoto-san, how is Pikmin 4 going?"

"Development is going smoothly, and it should be ready by the end of the year."

Imagine the excitement from Geoff Keighley when he gets the go ahead from Nintendo for an open world Zelda announcement. The only catch is he can't see it ahead of time. No biggie.

So Keighley builds up this hype cycle around a major Nintendo announcement, and then boom reveal time comes. Four minutes! This must be something truly significant!

But instead it is mostly two old men talking loosely about their upcoming release schedule, while off-screen footage of the new Zelda game plays in the background with Link riding on a horse in auto-pilot mode.

Well that's all for now, thank you for watching!

geeeofofofryfun.gif

That's not true. Mario Golf has a lot of content now. I have friends too who enjoy that game and even host tournaments for it on twitch. And the core gameplay is fantastic in Aces.

I agree they should release feature complete, however.
I should have been more clear. I mean indeed during launch they feel very barebones. I am quite sure they are feeling great right now; I hear from more people that they really enjoy it more compared to launch. But if Mario Baseball is coming then based on previous games you expect a barebones game that will be a full game and the end of the free updates.

If y’all want my trash predictions, once again, nothing’s changed from that big slideshow

...wh-what? What could have changed his mind so drastically in such a short period of time?
I dunno, but I just checked in case I misremembered, and look:

September 22, 2017, in an interview with Gamespot:
"I think a Switch version would be interesting. I'd like to try it if I had the chance."
October 6, 2017, when asked the same thing by Express Online:
Mikami said that it's not for him to decide whether the game comes to Switch, and that The Evil Within might not be totally suitable.

"I think something like Evil Within is best to experience on a big screen," Mikami revealed. "I think Switch could be good for horror, but the horror should be designed for the Switch."
Who knows, really. Maybe he asked about the possibility of doing it, he was told "no" so the next time they asked him about it he came up with the "not a good fit" explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom