• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Famiboards finally broke Nate.
Now the forum needs another volonteer to be absurdly worshipped then burnt to the ground when the oracle doesn't tell what they want to hear.
Funny how some things don't change in human culture.

Now the forum needs another volonteer to be absurdly worshipped then burnt to the ground when the oracle doesn't tell what they want to hear.
nate drake cancel switch pro now nate drake is bastard man

Damn this thread needs a "previously on" for those of us who just got here and are trying to make sense of the relationship between Nintendo Directs and popcorn lol.

Nah. I won't confirm nor will I tease any Direct window.

frodo-keep-your-secrets.gif

Naughty Dog killed Nate Drake not the forum

I'll be in the middle of exams week next week, so I'm kinda selfishly hoping Direct won't be next week.

Not looking good for me atm :[

I'm fairly certain we're going to hear about the first wave of Season Pass Exclusive DLC for Mario + Rabbids soon. Not only is it slated for early 2023 anyway, but Ubisoft is gonna want to get eyes on it to try to sell more units.

For the Splatfest, the Sneak Peek week starts Feb 3rd, so they needed to announce that ahead of time. We don't know for sure that Nintendo would've advertised this Splatfest in a direct though. So the announcement doesn't hold too much weight for me, other than me thinking a Feb 1st or 2nd direct is maybe slightly less likely, since that probably would have been a great time to announce it. But maybe they just wanted to give more notice?

I don't know, but I like the popcorn theory the most though.

it'd be bittersweet, because directs would officially mean absolutely nothing to nintendo fans. they're already targeting a wider demographic than pre-switch, but zelda just being a separate drop would be the final nail in the coffin for the old idea of directs being nirvana for enthusiasts
There’d be a very bittersweet irony in Nintendo dropping the Direct model right when every other company in the industry seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.

I'm going with February 2nd for the General Direct.

1) While Nintendo usually does Directs after an earnings release, I believe it makes more sense to do it before this time, as they'll be announcing new hardware. (ToTK OLED)
2) They're apparently restocking Zelda amiibos next week, which lines up perfectly with a Direct showcasing ToTK.
3) The NSUIDs for AW and ToTK were updated yesterday, hinting to pre-orders being available soon. Xenoblade 3's update came four days before a new trailer, implying news next week if the pattern holds.

Last edited:
I'm going with February 2nd for the General Direct.

1) While Nintendo usually does Directs after an earnings release, I believe it makes more sense to do it before this time, as they'll be announcing new hardware. (ToTK OLED)
2) They're apparently restocking Zelda amiibos next week, which lines up perfectly with a Direct showcasing ToTK.
3) The NSUIDs for AW and ToTK were updated yesterday, hinting to pre-orders being available soon. Xenoblade 3's update came four days before a new trailer, implying news next week if the pattern holds.
Don't forget the "Octopath 2 should get a demo around 3 weeks before release day based on previous HD-2D games" thing.

Hopefully popcorn is better than eShop sale before Direct theory. That was proven that it doesn't work.
Watch the Sale before Direct Theory have its resurgence next week! NoE tweets about it on Monday. Nintendo then announces the Direct on Tues/Wed for the 1st/2nd.

Everything is clicking into place. Orville, NSUID, Team Asano Demo timing (3 weeks before). Everything.

Close the thread everyone. We're done here! (Yes, ignore Splatoon and the fact that they've never done a Feb Direct before earnings report. We've got enough to hype up next week!)

If Direct was next week wouldn't Nate already release the Nintendo predictions? This is nail in the coffin for popcorn theory.
Couldn't those be released after the direct has been announced? Even then, it's nowhere near as concrete evidence as the other things

Edit: stuff like Life is Strange 2 being announced to release on possible direct date instead of a shadow drop is more solid evidence against the popcorn theory if you ask me

Last edited:
The amiibo restock thing is only by one French retailer iirc, it's nothing official by Nintendo.

Couldn't those be released after the direct has been announced? Even then, it's nowhere near as concrete evidence as the other things

Edit: stuff like Life is Strange 2 being announced to release on possible direct date instead of a shadow drop is more solid evidence against the popcorn theory if you ask me
LiS2 is only one reason with that concerete date tho. The earnings are still stonger for me, but hey wouldn't be mad if Direct is one week earliner.

The only problem with the Octopath 2 demo thing is that this isn't a totally new game like the previous ones (and Bravely Default was new to Switch).

Maybe they don't feel the need to release a demo before release seeing as it's a sequel?

The only problem with the Octopath 2 demo thing is that this isn't a totally new game like the previous ones (and Bravely Default was new to Switch).

Maybe they don't feel the need to release a demo before release seeing as it's a sequel?
The thing is, they wouldn't be releasing a feedback demo, but a final "progress carries over to the full game" demo.

Square Enix does it for pretty much ALL of their games. They've got no reason to not do it now for OT II. It's just a marketing/sales strategy, and I'm sure they're more than confident in the quality of the final product.

Hoping Pikmin 4 gets a surprise early release date like end March or something. The main attraction will be Zelda though and that's exactly how I want it to be. Can't wait to see previews and more footage.

Life is strange 2 is a potential sizze reel game with a "available now"

The amiibo restock thing is only by one French retailer iirc, it's nothing official by Nintendo.

LiS2 is only one reason with that concerete date tho. The earnings are still stonger for me, but hey wouldn't be mad if Direct is one week earliner.
Amiibo restocks have been happening all over the place.

Here in Germany you can now get atleast Riding Link, OoT Link and the guardian amiibo again.
Dunno if the champions were just gone already last time I checked stores.

And the My Nintendo store had Fire Emblem Amiibos again to coincide with the Engage release.

So there has to be some correlation, somewhere.

But I have OoT Link and female Corrin now yay.

If it's next Thursday it'll be the same day as the FEH CYL results, so I kinda want that to happen for maximum chaos

With how many leaks FEH currently has (next or next after the next resplendent hero, potentially the valentines banner units), i wouldn't be surprised if we knew the results before that day. ;D

With how many leaks FEH currently has (next or next after the next resplendent hero, potentially the valentines banner units), i wouldn't be surprised if we knew the results before that day. ;D
Innes is one of my absolute faves in the series so a recent leak made me very happy. But yeah would not be surprised if CYL leaked days beforehand anyways

If Direct was next week wouldn't Nate already release the Nintendo predictions? This is nail in the coffin for popcorn theory.
I think Nate has been talking about general 2023 Nintendo predictions, not Direct ones. If that happens, they'll release after it's announced.

Innes is one of my absolute faves in the series so a recent leak made me very happy. But yeah would not be surprised if CYL leaked days beforehand anyways

Too bad those meager stat ups provided by the replendent won't help him in the long shot.
IS would need to add an Arcane Bow that he could inherit.

So I'm not pretty much in the insider world but I have just seen in a Spanish website (nintenderos) that Pokemon gold and silver are getting remakes this year?? Has there been any rumour or hint about this? Maybe let's go versions as minor tittles? Although I hope if this is true it won't mean that Scarlett and violet aren't getting DLC.

Nate once recorded a direct speculation discussion, and then when it was confirmed to be a partner only, edited out the parts where they talked about first party games. Nate literally sitting on dozens of minutes of discussion

#ReleaseTheGeneralDirectCut

So I'm not pretty much in the insider world but I have just seen in a Spanish website (nintenderos) that Pokemon gold and silver are getting remakes this year?? Has there been any rumour or hint about this? Maybe let's go versions as minor tittles?

I think that rumor is coming from Zippo? So better not get your hopes up.

I think that rumor is coming from Zippo? So better not get your hopes up.
Ok then, didn't know about that guy but if he's not reliable then it isn't worth to think about it. In any case I imagine we will know everything pokemon-related for this year at the end of February.

If that’s accurate, that’s a real sign of life for Everybody 1-2 Switch. I said it way back in my first post in this thread, but I had a good feeling about it for March if it wasn’t cancelled. Bayonetta Origins is the game for us so they announced it early and Everybody 1-2 Switch is the “big” selling title to end the fiscal year and less people will complain about it because we have Bayonetta. Throw Advance Wars in April alongside Mario Kart Wave 4 and the Mario Movie and at that point and we’ve made it to Zelda.

This Direct should easily cover through July in detail and probably tease a game or two beyond. F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime HD, the Xenoblade expansion, and June Mario all probably fit post Zelda. Metroid is interesting in that it should tell us how close Prime 4 is or not. I kept hoping for April, and maybe it is there instead of Advance Wars, but the online ID thing makes me think Advance Wars is up first. I’m feeling best about 2D Mario for June Mario, with a Mario RPG of some kind, new or old, being my second guess.

Last edited:
That’s a real sign of life for Everybody 1-2 Switch. I said it way back in my first post in this thread, but I had a good feeling about it for March if it wasn’t cancelled. Bayonetta Origins is the game for us so they announced it early and Everybody 1-2 Switch is the “big” selling title to end the fiscal year and less people will complain about it because we have Bayonetta. Throw Advance Wars in April alongside Mario Kart Wave 4 and the Mario Movie and at that point and we’ve made it to Zelda.

This Direct should easily cover through July in detail and probably tease a game or two beyond. F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime HD, the Xenoblade expansion, and June Mario all probably fit post Zelda. Metroid is interesting in that it should tell us how close Prime 4 is or not. I’m feeling best about 2D Mario, with a Mario RPG of some kind, new or old, being my second guess.
When I see those trademarks I will believe. People already talked about this guy here and don't remember if he is credible or not.But that does not matter, anyway, he should have give links about these trademarks or someone else. Until then, it's nothing.

When I see those trademarks I will believe. People already talked about this guy here and don't remember if he is credible or not.But that does not matter, anyway, he should have give links about these trademarks or someone else. Until then, it's nothing.
That guy has come up before and I seem to remember him being reliable enough for stuff like this, but yeah I’d like to see the link properly before 100% investing in it.

That’s a real sign of life for Everybody 1-2 Switch. I said it way back in my first post in this thread, but I had a good feeling about it for March if it wasn’t cancelled. Bayonetta Origins is the game for us so they announced it early and Everybody 1-2 Switch is the “big” selling title to end the fiscal year and less people will complain about it because we have Bayonetta. Throw Advance Wars in April alongside Mario Kart Wave 4 and the Mario Movie and at that point and we’ve made it to Zelda.

This Direct should easily cover through July in detail and probably tease a game or two beyond. F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime HD, the Xenoblade expansion, and June Mario all probably fit post Zelda. Metroid is interesting in that it should tell us how close Prime 4 is or not. I kept hoping for April, and maybe it is there instead of Advance Wars, but the online ID thing makes me think Advance Wars is up first. I’m feeling best about 2D Mario for June Mario, with a Mario RPG of some kind, new or old, being my second guess.
Let’s not forget the game that no one sees coming ;)

That guy has come up before and I seem to remember him being reliable enough for stuff like this, but yeah I’d like to see the link properly before 100% investing in it.
Even with that, the 1-2 Switch 2 seems like not a good place for a Direct for what it seems to be. EPD 4 games are rarely revealed in Direct and specially these with unique gameplay experience, but it could mean that it will be announced soon enough, few days after the Direct.

Even with that, the 1-2 Switch 2 seems like not a good place for a Direct for what it seems to be. EPD 4 games are rarely revealed in Direct and specially these with unique gameplay experience, but it could mean that it will be announced soon enough, few days after the Direct.
I’ve felt that with this game for sure. Show it off a month prior in a separate event/video like Ring Fit, Big Brain Academy etc.

Given what we know about it, they won’t want the the stink of the horse game anywhere near the Direct because it’ll get a worse reputation than it has.

When they do it separately, no one has expectations for it that day or have any feeling of it taking away from something else that could have been in the Direct even if it 90+% likely never works that way.

Time for a 2023 schedule prediction before the first Direct.

January: Fire Emblem Engage
February: Kirby RTDL Deluxe
March: Bayonetta Origins + Everybody Switch + Xenoblade 3 Wave 3 + FE Engage Wave 2
April: Mario Movie + Advance Wars + MK8 Wave 4
May: ToTK + ToTK themed Switch OLED
June:
Some kind of Mario spinoff + Pokemon SV DLC 1
July: Baiten Kaitos remake + FE Engage Wave 3
August: new Pokemon spinoff
September: Pikmin 4 + Xenoblade 3 Story expansion (wave 4) + ToTK DLC + MK8 Wave 5
October: F-Zero GX HD + Style Savvy
November: New Super Mario Bros 3 + Pokemon SV DLC 2
December: FE Engage Story expansion (wave 4) + MK8 Wave 6

DLC heavy year essentially.

Have we had a Direct during the same week as a major Pokemon Presents?

I'm just curious if we can already rule out the last week in February because of Pokemon Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom