• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been thinking about Pikmin 4, as one does, and I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be multiplayer-focussed. Or at least contains a multiplayer aspect.

You see, Olimar and the Pikmin are small when you're playing to give a sense of smallness. But Miyamoto specifically mentioned a new camera angle for this new entry. Olimar and Pikmin are way more visible here to give a sense of how big the creatures are in comparison.

But think about it. Doesn't this open up possibilites for 4-player split screen? Pikmin 3 was limited to 2 players, because the visibility would be too terrible otherwise. This new camera angle is perfect for multiplayer splitscreen in comparison.

Could you imagine? 4 captains landing on an unexplored (maybe randomly generated) part of PNF-404, given 5 days to gather as much fruit as possible. Maybe throw in a big boss fight for the final day. Or how about bingo battle? No reason to leave that behind in 3, where it was as unaccessible as possible (online would be so nice)

Anyways, is this plausible? Or did they really only change the camera angle for the perspective?
I actually think it will feature co-op compotent, but also online one. 4 player splitscreen would not work imo, not the mention the limited capabilities of the Switch but also you would actually not see much on the screen with 4 people.

I have a question.

Was there ever a release date announcement for a game for Nintendo before the Nintendo Direct announcement and released on the same day as the Nintendo Direct?

I have a question.

Was there ever a release date announcement for a game for Nintendo before the Nintendo Direct announcement and released on the same day as the Nintendo Direct?
For indies and some third parties, 1st party no.

Maybe the jump rope game. But I don't remember.

Who cares? (aside from you :p) If you want you can make a bingo card in bloody November imo

dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

I'm gonna hurl myself against the wall, 'cause I'd rather take an L than not take anything at all

everyone who posts in this thread before february is taking an L
Honestly no Direct-related L will come close to when I made a whole-ass big June Direct bingo competition thread, complete with prizes, in the one year (outside of 2020) where Nintendo didn't do a big Direct in June.

I feel L-Proof at this point when it comes to Directs.

Honestly no Direct-related L will come close to when I made a whole-ass big June Direct bingo competition thread, complete with prizes, in the one year (outside of 2020) where Nintendo didn't do a big Direct in June.

I feel L-Proof at this point when it comes to Directs.
yeah, that sucked.

on the flip side, years with no E3 seem like they'll be the only interesting Direct speculation periods from now on, or at least until there's some major shakeup

yeah, that sucked.

on the flip side, years with no E3 seem like they'll be the only interesting Direct speculation periods from now on, or at least until there's some major shakeup
Well, remember 2020? We've got Animal Crossing Direct in late February but not a General one. And this was done before covid was a thing since they could have easily done one in early February too. Then there was a Mini one in late March. Makes you wonder what was actually their plan and what would be in a potential Direct? Origami King, Cloubhose Games are only things I can think of.

Well, remember 2020? We've got Animal Crossing Direct in late February but not a General one. And this was done before covid was a thing since they could have easily done one in early February too. Then there was a Mini one in late March. Makes you wonder what was actually their plan and what would be in a potential Direct? Origami King, Cloubhose Games are only things I can think of.
I imagine 2020 was always going to be a quiet year for them outside of Mario's 35th, and then COVID just completely tore up everything. E3 may have been TotK release date trailer for Holiday 2021 as well as Mario stuff. Metroid could have also been in the September Direct that year for a Q1 2021 launch

I imagine 2020 was always going to be a quiet year for them outside of Mario's 35th, and then COVID just completely tore up everything. E3 may have been TotK release date trailer for Holiday 2021 as well as Mario stuff. Metroid could have also been in the September Direct that year for a Q1 2021 launch
Yeah, seems like it would be this + obvious stuff like Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors AOC. Maybe Montser Hunter Rise would have been revealed that E3 for a Holiday release

I've always been Team February.
Well, in the grand scheme of our 93 billion light year observable universe, it’s very well possible that what we think of as a “center” may not exist due to the vast scale of space. The FLRW metric states that our universe is smooth and isotropic, meaning there is no point that carries more significance that other points. Adding the fact that our entire universe is likely to be infinite due to studying the Cosmic Microwave Background which is the left over light from 400,000 years after the big bang, this means hat the asking what the “center” of the universe is meaningless as there is infinite points meaning there are infinite possibilities for a “center” So it’s easier to think about the “center” of the universe from the perspective of the “observer” meaning that, yes, you are indeed the center of the universe and science has proven a nintendo direct.

Which means I'm gonna be mean and say it's in March (cause I'm the center of the universe technically) :p

So, Pokémon news this week and General nearby the end of February?
Pokémon news around Feb. 27th and Nintendo Direct before the week of the 24th. At least that's what we can logically speculate.

I've said 1200 times already but I'm partial to the Team Asano Demo Theory (i.e. demo for OT2 shadowdropped during a Direct 2-3 weeks before the game releases, so Direct in the first half of Feb definitely maybe)

I suspect an indie world this week and then a direct somewhere early February :)
Whilst it's good to set expectations low, I will say that there's never been two indie worlds without a regular or mini Direct in between.

I think if there's gonna be another event before the general/mini, it'll be a Pokemon Presents.

I see Team January is gonna take their annual L.
Hah, you think something as silly as not getting a Direct in January counts as a Team January L

Team January is above silly things like being wrong about the Direct date. We're very experienced with that

Whilst it's good to set expectations low, I will say that there's never been two indie worlds without a regular or mini Direct in between.

I think if there's gonna be another event before the general/mini, it'll be a Pokemon Presents.
The funny thing is, we did have TWO indie world presentations since the last Direct. One was regular one in November and other is that 5 Days of Christmas reveals, gather them up and you'd have a full size Indie world, with shadowdrops and all.

I too am posting in this thread so yes us

I assume there was going to be something in February and a Mario Direct sooner, but we may never know for sure

What’s everyone looking for in the next direct? There’s not much on the horizon except Zelda right? Maybe pikmin as well?

The funny thing is, we did have TWO indie world presentations since the last Direct. One was regular one in November and other is that 5 Days of Christmas reveals, gather them up and you'd have a full size Indie world, with shadowdrops and all.
Yep. Feels way too early for another Indie World.

I too am posting in this thread so yes us

I assume there was going to be something in February and a Mario Direct sooner, but we may never know for sure
Well the whole Mario Direct thing was supposed to be live event from rumors. But hard to guess with February since maybe they were focused on releasing AC first.

This Direct has the highest potential to really surprise people with announcements to an extent that hasn't been seen in a long time.
The February 2022 one actually delivered pretty hard on this. Strikers, FE Warriors, Switch Sports, Booster Course Pass. Only thing that was leaked from this was Xeno 3, that was talked about few months before the Direct.

The February 2022 one actually delivered pretty hard on this. Strikers, FE Warriors, Switch Sports, Booster Course Pass. Only thing that was leaked from this was Xeno 3, that was talked about few months before the Direct.
That was the Direct of dreams for me and then all of those games ended up disappointing me lol

Strikers didn’t surprise me too much, I was fully expecting a Mario spinoff and that checked the boxes. FE Warriors was definitely a surprise, but getting some type of FE game wasn’t, so that didn’t really catch me off guard either.

Switch Sports, Mario Kart, and Live A Live though? Didn’t see any of those coming whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom