• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
god I hope we see Wind Waker HD

but my bet is something weird like Four Swords Shenanigans or Zeldo X 99

I would be kind of surprised if we got three ostensibly mainline HD 3D Zelda’s in a row as the “Zelda of the Year”

Last year they had all those announcements on that date because it was the actual 35th anniversary of the franchise. They don't do an announcement thing like that to mark "Dragon Quest Day" every year. A lot of times it's just a twitter post and itsfuckingnothing.jpg

I think chances are decent we do hear something regarding a Dragon Quest game soon, simply because they have so many announced projects in the works, but I'm just trying to keep expectations in check here. It's not, like, a big announcement day every year.
Good reminder, thanks. I figured they wouldn't do a giant stage presentation and all that like they did last year, but I'd be kind of surprised if we don't get something. I really thought they'd say something more about DQ3 between last year and this one, although that could easily be saved for a Direct if it's soon after as well, so we'll see!

Betting on June. Seems like the right time to show the final trailer of Xenoblade 3 and Fire Emblem Three Hopes + other stuff coming later this year that has been missing for a while (Bayonetta 3) + best occasion to show the rumored upcoming games like Metroid Prime HD, Fire Emblem and Mario+Rabbids SoH.

Betting on June. Seems like the right time to show the final trailer of Xenoblade 3 and Fire Emblem Three Hopes + other stuff coming later this year that has been missing for a while (Bayonetta 3) + best occasion to show the rumored upcoming games like Metroid Prime HD, Fire Emblem and Mario+Rabbids SoH.
I agree, I specifically think a Direct will happen on June 7th.

Uhh, I'm pretty sure Mario + Rabbids got announced lol

Most unspecific “leak” of all time.
Guys, you heard it here first directly from me: Nintendo has an unannounced game coming out after June this year. Shocking I know, but I have an inside source: my avatar squirrel lives in the trees at NOA and sends me leaks in exchange for nuts

The Mario movie getting delayed does lessen my thoughts on us definitely getting a Mario platformer this year, but I’m sticking with my prediction one will get announced in June still because we are overdue. I also think it will be the holiday game this year still alongside Pokemon, but I think they have more flexibility in putting it out now.

I wonder what the chances are for an Ultimate Alliance 4 or Astral Chain 2.
What more big characters can they add to Ultimate Alliance? MUA3 literally was "Everyone is Here" kind of moment.

X-Men Legends 3 makes more sense after MUA3, there are tons of obscure mutants they might wanna make popular. Too bad that Marvel right now is not interested in pushing X-Men franchise.

The Mario movie getting delayed does lessen my thoughts on us definitely getting a Mario platformer this year, but I’m sticking with my prediction one will get announced in June still because we are overdue. I also think it will be the holiday game this year still alongside Pokemon, but I think they have more flexibility in putting it out now.
We already have a second holiday game this year, it's Splatoon 3. AND we also have Mario + Rabbids. There is no other "holiday" game.

We already have a second holiday game this year, it's Splatoon 3. AND we also have Mario + Rabbids. There is no other "holiday" game.
A game released in September is not the holiday game. They always have something for November and Pokemon is rarely the sole release. Last year we got BDSP and SMTV.

Edit: I guess Metroid Dread was in October and got a huge push, but I feel that’s an usual exception. I stand by Pokemon is never alone.

A game released in September is not the holiday game. They always have something for November and Pokemon is rarely the sole release. Last year we got BDSP and SMTV.
Then couldn't the holiday release be Mario + Rabbids or Bayonetta 3 or the Metroid Prime remake? It doesn't have to be something giant.

Then couldn't the holiday release be Mario + Rabbids or Bayonetta 3 or the Metroid Prime remake? It doesn't have to be something giant.
Mario and Rabbids and the Prime Remake are likely contenders I agree. I do think it’s a game we don’t know about.

Bayonetta 3 I’m personally really excited about, but due to its content I don’t think it’ll get the push. I know I just mentioned SMTV above, but the sex stuff for Bayonetta makes me think it won’t get quite the same positioning.

Part of this too, I just think Nintendo does have more games than usual this year. This is definitely a gut feeling / speculation thing. I think they could make a great year and position things well with what they have, I just genuinely think there’s more beyond that as part of Covid delays and making this year a power year for Switch to keep momentum up. I didn’t have this feeling last year much and definitely not the prior year. I know it’s frustrating to argue against for debate purposes, but yeah. I certainly acknowledge what we know about might just be what we have.

Last edited:
Sept is too early, let alone early Sept.

I think there could be something late October (odyssey timing) or early December (Smash timing) to complement Pokémon.

Prime remake could come in Oct like Dread did, but remember even that month Mario Party Superstars released alongside Dread.

Sept is too early, let alone early Sept.

I think there could be something late October (odyssey timing) or early December (Smash timing) to complement Pokémon.

Prime remake could come in Oct like Dread did, but remember even that month Mario Party Superstars released alongside Dread.
That's what Mario + Rabbids is for. Splatoon 3 and Metroid Prime in September, Mario + Rabbids and Bayonetta 3 in October, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet in November. I think we'll see another unannounced game this year, but that'll probably come in August.

People always fall into the trap of thinking we know nitnendo's entire schedule at this point in the year, when that has literally never been the case. Usually they announce 3 or 4 previously completely unknown games at e3 for release that same year

This is Miyamoto, after consulting with my partners at Nintendo, we have decided all future Nintendo Direct plans have been cancelled. My deepest apologies.

I am officially expecting a Mario Strikers: Battle League Direct on May 11. Bookmark this post

sKkXAOi.png

I will eat a slice of cake if you're wrong

Alright, time for crazy mode and head into mad speculations and wild dreams.

I mean, I think the locks here really are locks: FE: Three Hopes, Bayo 3, Xeno 3, Splat 3, M+R: Sparks of Hope, maybe Metroid Prime HD.

It's what's not yet confirmed that's really exciting to me. So, here's a mix of 10 completely unrealistically realistic predictions:

1. Breath of the Wild 2 trailer and subtitle - At the very least. I'm firmly riding on the "BotW got an E3 2016 blowout despite releasing in 2017" train of thought here. This MIGHT be saved for a dedicated Zelda Direct further down the road, but I do think that nobody wants to wait anymore.

2. Hollow Knight: Silksong - Again riding on a train of thought, this time the reasoning that this is simply too big for an Indie World, and has the perfect spot for a Direct. Would simply love to see more, even if HK wasn't quite my jam.

3. New IP by Good-Feel - I trust GF to make something endearing and wholesome on their own - after 2 Yoshi games, they've earned their chance. I can only think about what cool stuff they can come up with.

4. Earthblade full reveal - Now, I'm kinda out of the blue in regards to how far out this is, but I'm just dying to see what Maddy and gang have been up to.

5. Style Savvy: SwitchIt - I'm going to continue to scream about this game until A) I'm blue in the face, or B) it happens.

6. GameCube remasters - I usually talk about Eternal Darkness or Skies of Arcadia, but for this one, I'll spotlight another impossible dream: Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 collection. They've always looked highly intriguing to me, and I'd be onto this in a heartbeat.

7. Sayonara Wild Hearts DLC/Sequel - Could be somewhat likely, so please, PLEASE!

8. Something Part-Time UFO related - I still have to come around to play Part-Time UFO, but I would love for it to get more attention.

9. LEGO City Undercover port - Another one off the list. (EDIT: Whoops, seems like this one already happened!)

10. GTA: Chinatown Wars port - GTA is yet to land on the Switch, but if it ever has to happen, I'd be more into this one.

Last edited:
Alright, time for crazy mode and head into mad speculations and wild dreams.

I mean, I think the locks here really are locks: FE: Three Hopes, Bayo 3, Xeno 3, Splat 3, M+R: Sparks of Hope, maybe Metroid Prime HD.

It's what's not yet confirmed that's really exciting to me. So, here's a mix of 10 completely unrealistically realistic predictions:

1. Breath of the Wild 2 trailer and subtitle - At the very least. I'm firmly riding on the "BotW got an E3 2016 blowout despite releasing in 2017" train of thought here. This MIGHT be saved for a dedicated Zelda Direct further down the road, but I do think that nobody wants to wait anymore.

2. Hollow Knight: Silksong - Again riding on a train of thought, this time the reasoning that this is simply too big for an Indie World, and has the perfect spot for a Direct. Would simply love to see more, even if HK wasn't quite my jam.

3. New IP by Good-Feel - I trust GF to make something endearing and wholesome on their own - after 2 Yoshi games, they've earned their chance. I can only think about what cool stuff they can come up with.

4. Earthblade full reveal - Now, I'm kinda out of the blue in regards to how far out this is, but I'm just dying to see what Maddy and gang have been up to.

5. Style Savvy: SwitchIt - I'm going to continue to scream about this game until A) I'm blue in the face, or B) it happens.

6. GameCube remasters - I usually talk about Eternal Darkness or Skies of Arcadia, but for this one, I'll spotlight another impossible dream: Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 collection. They've always looked highly intriguing to me, and I'd be onto this in a heartbeat.

7. Sayonara Wild Hearts DLC/Sequel - Could be somewhat likely, so please, PLEASE!

8. Something Part-Time UFO related - I still have to come around to play Part-Time UFO, but I would love for it to get more attention.

9. LEGO City Undercover port - Another one off the list.

10. GTA: Chinatown Wars port - GTA is yet to land on the Switch, but if it ever has to happen, I'd be more into this one.
Lego city has been on switch and other platforms since 2017

Do y’all think Bayo 3 could be shown and dated in a random tweet a la XC3?

For some reason I didn’t think it was possible and that they’d want to do it in a direct but like… why not?

Do y’all think Bayo 3 could be shown and dated in a random tweet a la XC3?

For some reason I didn’t think it was possible and that they’d want to do it in a direct but like… why not?
I think Bayo 3 will get a spot in the next Direct, Nintendo likes to do ~6 months of marketing for a big/notable game so if there is an early June Direct then that would work for Bayo 3.

I honestly think we will hear from the Pokemon Company first. Those guys are nothing if not consistent. We are getting a pokemon trailer or direct in May for sure

I honestly think we will hear from the Pokemon Company first. Those guys are nothing if not consistent. We are getting a pokemon trailer or direct in May for sure
I mean for the gen 8 marketing cycle we got our first big info dump in the first week of June(after some minor home stuff in the last week of May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom