• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I don't understand.
I saw that Nate said that it will be a Partner Showcase but... is it a speculation or has he received infos that says EXACTLY that?
Because the other leak that I had read online was that the direct was "mainly about 3rd parties". And that doesn't means that it has to be a Partner imho, but only that, maybe, there will only be 1-2 Nintendo first parties in it. It could still be a general or a normal mini tho.

Can someone enlight me?
No one really knows the branding, Nate said yesterday a bunch of times a partner but last night he said things could change.
Other insiders don’t know the branding and imo not even Nate knows.

what is even the difference between the anniversary edition and the special edition?

Guys I don't understand.
I saw that Nate said that it will be a Partner Showcase but... is it a speculation or has he received infos that says EXACTLY that?
Because the other leak that I had read online was that the direct was "mainly about 3rd parties". And that doesn't means that it has to be a Partner imho, but only that, maybe, there will only be 1-2 Nintendo first parties in it. It could still be a general or a normal mini tho.

Can someone enlight me?

I wouldn't take anything for sure, i mean if you just look back 20-30 days ago most people would tell you Nintendo was going to have a Direct on the second week of June like always.

Bottom line is that we don't know and they don't know either.

I'm just saying that confirming a direct for June and then teasing for weeks, knowing everyone thinks it's a general direct, is kinda shitty.
Oh, so you were talking about Nate.

It's almost like ''insiders'' shouldn't be talking about a direct in June for weeks without clarifying if it's a partner direct (mini lol)
No? I'm literally praising an insider in my post for how they handle their ''teasing'' lol. I don't think I said anything wrong in my post.

Oh, so you're here to talk shit on a specific insider.

I wouldn't take anything for sure, i mean if you just look back 20-30 days ago most people would tell you Nintendo was going to have a Direct on the second week of June like always.

Bottom line is that we don't know and they don't know either.
Thank you! I'll still hope for a FE reveal then \o/

Now, I've got to get back to playing Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes on my Nintendo Switch.

images

No one really knows the branding, Nate said yesterday a bunch of times a partner but last night he said things could change.
Oh I missed his post that gives me a little hope lol. Yeah we dont really know, but I'm thinking it could just be a General or Regular Mini with a bit more of a 3rd party focus.

For now I'm just going in expecting a Partner and hoping it's a good show. But we could find out tommorow or Tuesday morning

I wouldn't even rule out random Twitter drops for the reveals of expected games like the Toothpaste-chan FE game, the EPD DK game and Metroid Prime Remake - very similar to the Paper Mario: TOK reveal back in 2020. Nintendo looks like they didn't want to show their second half of 2022 in June, but they will have to detail out their releases at some point. Could be due to a hardware reveal, or could be that they're being extra conservative even by Nintendo standards.

As for the partner-focused presentation we're expecting on the 29th, my one hope is that there are no more Cloud version announcements because that would honestly leave a very bitter taste in my mouth after the mid-June presentation was confirmed to not be happening

Things can't change. If the direct is on Wednesday, its more or less finalised by now.

Sounds more like he is covering his bases.

Last edited:
Things can't change. If the direct is on Tuesday, its more or less finalised by now.

Sounds more like he is covering his bases.
I guess but once again just cause it might be 3rd party focused doesn’t automatically mean partner. To me it seems like he’s assuming it gonna be a partner just cause he might’ve heard a couple 3rd party titles that might be shown

Why dont you guys just relax till the 29th?

Remember the first General Direct after Covid started and no one really knew what was coming ? Remember last years Switch OLED, were we were told by all the big Players like Bloomberg , Emily, Nate, Imran etc that it was coming?

These people have sources indeed, and very good ones too. But their info can only be as good as their sources.

Nintendo could switch they intention right in a second, and then there is the claim, that the insiders are fake.

No, its just that it could be their intention (Nintendos) to do this.

Remember the Zelda show was cancelled because of this, Nintendo is reallylike a big spoiled child who wants to have everything for himself…

Are we sticking with the 20k post limit for threads or we letting it ride?
I think these threads are supposed to got until a new direct is announced (I am not sure if General or just any non-game specific direct). The other discussion thread rotates monthly, so I think it’s smart to leave these open until an announcement.

I wonder if there will be a botw3 or they will stop at 2.

Good question. Personally I wouldn't have anything against a game with the same style or universe but I would certainly be ready for something entirely new lore and story wise.

I guess we will have a clearer picture after BotW 2.

Why dont you guys just relax till the 29th?

Remember the first General Direct after Covid started and no one really knew what was coming ? Remember last years Switch OLED, were we were told by all the big Players like Bloomberg , Emily, Nate, Imran etc that it was coming?

These people have sources indeed, and very good ones too. But their info can only be as good as their sources.

Nintendo could switch they intention right in a second, and then there is the claim, that the insiders are fake.

No, its just that it could be their intention to do this.

Remember the Zelda show was cancelled because of this, Nintendo is reallylike a big spoiled child who wants to have everything for himself…
Uhm last year’s OLED Nate was assuming the pro I believe

I never bought the idea that the Zelda Netflix was cancelled just because details got leaked. If I recall, the person who said that it was was a Netflix employee. That would try to pin the blame on Nintendo for the show not being made. Details being leaked was probably a last straw type of deal. I can imagine Nintendo didn't like how the project was going and when stuff started leaking out, they just decided to not bother anymore and ended it.

I never bought the idea that the Zelda Netflix was cancelled just because details got leaked. If I recall, the person who said that it was was a Netflix employee. That would try to pin the blame on Nintendo for the show not being made. Details being leaked was probably a last straw type of deal. I can imagine Nintendo didn't like how the project was going and when stuff started leaking out, they just decided to not bother anymore and ended it.
This

You know, I'm like totally on board with the Partner thing, but there keeps being this naive, slim piece of hope wondering if it's something more than that

The announcement of Nintendo buying every single 3rd Party dev in the world uniting them to make one big game:

Mario Kart Tour 2

You know, I'm like totally on board with the Partner thing, but there keeps being this naive, slim piece of hope wondering if it's something more than that
The last time we got a partner direct, we got multiple directs , one for each month. that's a possibility we get more than 1 in the summer or into the fall.
It's also possible we get multiple announcements instead, especially if one of those is hardware like some were speculating.

Like the reveal of Scarlet/Violet regional version of Meowth? A fairy type one? Yeah, I have that same hope.

That's coz while you wait, you build up all these crazy expectations that get trashed when the direct finally airs.
I was gonna say it's because theorizing, joking, and meme'ing with the community in a flurry is great fun, but I mean.. okay, dang

Agreed.

It was probably in negotiations, and Nintendo was getting cold feet. I'm guessing someone leaked it to try and seal the deal, not realizing that would be the exact opposite approach you should take with Nintendo.

In retrospect, it was probably a blessing that it didn't go to Netflix. Netflix reportedly likes to have a ton of control, and obviously doesn't have the best reputation for backing something long-term unless it's a major success. Neither of those gel-well with Nintendo at all.

I feel like Bayo 3 will show up in the Direct, It’s been put at the top of the My Nintendo Store for the first time ever, 2 weeks ago? That has to mean something
It's not impossible at all, in my opinion. Age of Calamity, an previously announced game, was featured in a Partner Direct. A Nintendo Published game developed by a third party team, Just like Bayonetta 3. I'm not holding mu breath here and I'm not saying Is happening but It wouldn't be impossible at all, like I said.

I dunno why people get so ugly towards insiders. Even if you think they're wrong, it's so foreign to me to just abandon all human respect for someone and antagonize them endlessly. If I think someone's doing it for clout, I just ignore it. And people don't care to do the research to see people like Nate have great track records. I don't blame them for stopping the insider stuff.

Anyway, whatever! We very well may wake up to direct news tomorrow guys!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
You know, before dread i... dreaded all directs because i was always hopeful something metroid would appear. Now dread came and went and everything is now so much better for the fans. MP4 is a matter of time, it might be shown in the next days, in a few months or in 2023 but it will happen.

It wasn’t just a Netflix employee, it was Netflix higher management doing some big brain 3D chess move. Essentially by leaking details about the show they would be having the public pressure Nintendo to sign the deal to make it. The key part though is that last detail. Nothing was signed yet only backroom talks so it was pretty easy to figure where the leak came from. This caused Nintendo to cancel because why would you trust someone to handle your ip with care if they can’t even wait for the ink to meet paper, before leaking said project.

Trying to tie that situation to this while proclaiming Nintendo is a spoiled child is just no. Another no is claiming they can change intentions in a second & trying to claim leakers are fake. There is just some many problems with that line of logic it just doesn’t make too much sense.

Maybe the reason I'm not getting busted up over this Partner Direct thing is because, as a Chrono fan, I go into every Direct and State of Play expecting to not get what I want, and thus have been trained on simply accepting these presentations as they are. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom