• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have leaked the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct or the date of the next Direct.
If their info comes from what I think it does (YouTube), it's likely that Nintendo hasn't uploaded the Direct yet. As for Xenoblade.... well I can't blame them for missing that.

If their info comes from what I think it does (YouTube), it's likely that Nintendo hasn't uploaded the Direct yet. As for Xenoblade.... well I can't blame them for missing that.

Also, wasn't the Xeno Direct streamed? Would they have early access to a youtube live stream?

They could have leaked the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct or the date of the next Direct.
Allegedly he works for Google and knows his stuff because of Youtube uploads. So I don't really think he would already know the exact date of the direct next week and I don't think Xenoblade 3 warranted a leak because we already saw footage and so on.

He absolutely wants the clicks and mindshare if you look at his posts on twitter. Xenoblade 3 wouldn't get him that.

Allegedly he works for Google and knows his stuff because of Youtube uploads. So I don't really think he would already know the exact date of the direct next week and I don't think Xenoblade 3 warranted a leak because we already saw footage and so on.

He absolutely wants the clicks and mindshare if you look at his posts on twitter. Xenoblade 3 wouldn't get him that.

Yeah also, what do you leak? The date was known already. You kinda have to be a fan of the series to leak anything from the direct that has any "big leak" value and if you don't know what you are looking for...

They're making a Metroid Prime Federation Force remake/sequel.

...I'd actually be ok with this.
Imagine if they announce this in a direct, and then spend like a minute explaining how you have to use the phone app to talk to teammates….

I think the original game is fine and it got a lot of undeserved hate. I really want this sequel now just for the reactions.

They're making a Metroid Prime Federation Force remake/sequel.

...I'd actually be ok with this.
Imagine if they announce this in a direct, and then spend like a minute explaining how you have to use the phone app to talk to teammates….

I think the original game is fine and it got a lot of undeserved hate. I really want this sequel now just for the reactions.
I think the reaction would be much better now, we just had Dread, a normal Prime 4 is promised, online games feel much more at home on Switch than on 3DS.
The original was a good game that got an unfair reception, and on Switch they could have a more traditional artstyle for the series.
After playing Prime 2 I was actually kinda wanting to see a concept like this, it's just some of the execution and the timing that really wasn't in the game favor.

I'm listening & re-tagging my entire Tales of soundtracks and man, Zestiria went above and beyond at times.

All the tracks by Go Shinja are outstanding, especially Rising Up, witch was sung by Courtney Knott and boi oh boi do I LOVE this track.

Courtney-Knott7.jpg

WHERE IS ZESTIRIA FOR THE SWITCH, BANDAI ?! Bring it along with Berseria in a compilation and sell it at 120 € I don't care ! Give it to meeee !

I think the reaction would be much better now, we just had Dread, a normal Prime 4 is promised, online games feel much more at home on Switch than on 3DS.
The original was a good game that got an unfair reception, and on Switch they could have a more traditional artstyle for the series.
After playing Prime 2 I was actually kinda wanting to see a concept like this, it's just some of the execution and the timing that really wasn't in the game favor.
I think Metroid will not try with spin off until Prime 4 is out and succesful considering

First time I popped in here since yesterday.

My 2 cents on the NVC flying their host out thing, this is just my surface level opinion on this, but you're A) Super sure of a Direct happening so you fly out your host, but then again something happening next week wasn't really the question and B) If they really have knowledge of this presentation, this Direct is 100% going to be a General Direct because you're not gonna fly out your host for a 15 min Partner/20 min Mini

I'm listening & re-tagging my entire Tales of soundtracks and man, Zestiria went above and beyond at times.

All the tracks by Go Shinja are outstanding, especially Rising Up, witch was sung by Courtney Knott and boi oh boi do I LOVE this track.

Courtney-Knott7.jpg

WHERE IS ZESTIRIA FOR THE SWITCH, BANDAI ?! Bring it along with Berseria in a compilation and sell it at 120 € I don't care ! Give it to meeee !
More Tales games on Switch would be awesome.

And Go Shiina is the GOAT Tales composer.

So are we expecting an announcement today or probably Monday?

I think most people are expecting a regular Direct at most (so no Treehouse) which means it's probably going to be announced like a regular Direct as well, thus Monday at the earliest.

I think Metroid will not try with spin off until Prime 4 is out and succesful considering
PREACH. Ok caps lock aside, i really really agree. If Nintendo is making mp4 be the series's flagship, i would not expect anything before prime 4, excluding a remaster of the original prime games.

I do miss a lot spin offs like hunters and i hppe mp4 is a huge success that its viable to make (quality and high budget shit, i dont want any kind of FF style trash either) spin offs

Btw i cant see mp4 releasing before winter 2023.

PREACH. Ok caps lock aside, i really really agree. If Nintendo is making mp4 be the series's flagship, i would not expect anything before prime 4, excluding a remaster of the original prime games.

I do miss a lot spin offs like hunters and i hppe mp4 is a huge success that its viable to make (quality and high budget shit, i dont want any kind of FF style trash either) spin offs
If the insiders are right, they're only releasing a remaster of MP1 before MP4, right? That will be very weird for people who, like me, never played any game in the Prime series and hoped to play all 3 before MP4.

First time I popped in here since yesterday.

My 2 cents on the NVC flying their host out thing, this is just my surface level opinion on this, but you're A) Super sure of a Direct happening so you fly out your host, but then again something happening next week wasn't really the question and B) If they really have knowledge of this presentation, this Direct is 100% going to be a General Direct because you're not gonna fly out your host for a 15 min Partner/20 min Mini
Yep this is a serious matter. Honestly, this seems bigger. The guy lives in Maine and they got him flying across the country for a direct. It’s 100000% going to be a Genera Direct

If the insiders are right, they're only releasing a remaster of MP1 before MP4, right? That will be very weird for people who, like me, never played any game in the Prime series and hoped to play all 3 before MP4.
Agreed. But chances are mp4 wont have anything with the original trilogy so you wont be missing anything.

Is it any weirder than Nintendo releasing Dread when Fusion and Samus Returns aren't on Switch? I don't think it's that big of a deal.

it's not quite the info insiders are sharing.
Mostly they are aware of MP1's existence, but not of MP2 and 3. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist or that they won't release before MP4, just that they are unware of such thing

Insiders have never said they’re only releasing Metroid Prime 1 before 4. They only know Metroid Prime 1 is coming. Nintendo could or could not release the other 2. Nintendo could do like Dread and have a summary at the beginning of Prime 4 showing a little bit of the precious games.

Namco is sooo slow bringing their legacy games to the modern platforms. Did you know that none of the Tekken games get re-releases except the Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U? Inexcusable.
Yeah they should bring over more games. I wish a beautiful game like Fragile Dreams would get the HD remaster treatment.

It’s just so odd for Peer to predict another game from NLG when they just released Strikers. Nobody makes predictions like that. Nobody would predict another game from them for probably another 2 years.

Makes me wonder if after/during Luigi’s Mansion 3 they’d be able to tackle Strikers and Punch-Out basically side by side with the group they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom