• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup as someone like Seth who works remote living a good distance away, to decide to fly him out to SF for next weeks NVC kind of shows how much Peer believes something is coming. Of course they joked if somehow nothing happens they will just get to hang out in person lol
They've been 'joking' and not so subtly hinting that they've known about this date for a while now, so that's not surprising. It's just a question of when it gets announced, with all these people in the know.
Who’s NVC?
Nintendo Voice Chat, IGN's Nintendo podcast

They've been 'joking' and not so subtly hinting that they've known about this date for a while now, so that's not surprising. It's just a question of when it gets announced, with all these people in the know.

Nintendo Voice Chat, IGN's Nintendo podcast
Lol thanks and of course they’re joking around 😂

Seth works out-of-state remotely, so Peer would need to believe pretty well something is happening to decide to have Seth travel to SF to host NVC in-person
Especially since he lives in Maine, that's a LONG way unless there's good reason. Of course they may have other things he can film/do there, but yeah, this is just another 'it's totally happening' log for the fire

Listening to NVC, Peer is so confidant that a direct is happening next week that they are flying their host, Seth Macy, to the studio for a post direct coverage

Fantastic. I think this is as good of a reassurance as we can get outside of Nintendo officially announcing it.

If you guys are looking for games to play to hold you ever until next week, may I suggest AI: The Somnium Files! It's one of the funniest games I've ever played and it's got a super good mystery story with lots of interesting, well-thought-out twists. If you're a fan of games like Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, Zero Escape or 13 Sentinels, you owe it to yourself to try this one out.

It's also only $7.99 on the eShop right now!

If you guys are looking for games to play to hold you ever until next week, may I suggest AI: The Somnium Files! It's one of the funniest games I've ever played and it's got a super good mystery story with lots of interesting, well-thought-out twists. If you're a fan of games like Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, Zero Escape or 13 Sentinels, you owe it to yourself to try this one out.

I played it earlier this year and loved it! Funny, and also gut-punchingly sad at times. I'm planning to play the sequel out tomorrow, so that's my weekend booked up!

I actually just started playing this cause it was on gamepass. Wish I had picked it up on Switch for $8 instead so I could have spent the last 2 hours playing it in bed lol rip

Me starting Kirby and the Forgotten Land two nights ago: Ok, I'll play through the campaign. Should be a fun game.

Tonight: OMG I must have 100%. Where is that Waddle Dee????????

I played it earlier this year and loved it! Funny, and also gut-punchingly sad at times. I'm planning to play the sequel out tomorrow, so that's my weekend booked up!
nice, I managed to snag a collector's edition but it hasn't shipped yet so ig I'll be playing three hopes first. Thankfully it survived the wave of cancellations, though

I don't think the Snitch will leak anything from the Direct because to me it seems like they have just interest for Sony and Microsoft (or maybe they just have access to information of only those two).

Sorry all, will be a bit of a delay on tonight’s quiz question. It’ll be up as soon as I can, though, so stay tuned!

Uhhhhh wow I beat Star Fox 64 already. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest, fun enough but extremely fleeting. At least I should definitely be able to beat Xenoblade Chronicles' final two bosses and possibly even start Octo Expansion before the Direct

Uhhhhh wow I beat Star Fox 64 already. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest, fun enough but extremely fleeting. At least I should definitely be able to beat Xenoblade Chronicles' final two bosses and possibly even start Octo Expansion before the Direct

Did you actually beat it? Like took down the actual final boss and got the real ending?

You are meant to play the game multiple times and take different routes. On the N64 you couldn't even save during mid campaign. You had to play from start to finish each session so getting to the end isn't a long experience.

Ahhhhhh, here we go. I'd heard about the branching path brilliance of this game so I was confused when I rolled credits. I'll do the hard route next time I can play games (probably Saturday), then move on. Thanks!

I haven't followed NVC in awhile. Would they do this if they thought it was anything less than a general?
Seth hasn't been host that long to experience a number of the bigger directs. The most recent ones they've just done everything remote but that I think was before the IGN office was becoming more open to go in.

I haven't followed NVC in awhile. Would they do this if they thought it was anything less than a general?
Probably a good time to get him over to California. He has older kids, so I assume school is out now and it’s more convenient for going onsite. I haven’t listened yet but assume this trip was probably arranged already?

For as simple as it is, the true ending to Star Fox 64 still hits me in the feels. Still want of my favorite credits of any game. Seeing the team running as Great Fox rises from the horizon just feels epic.

Sorry for the delay, but the show must go on! Welcome to DAY EIGHT of SWITCHUM’S DIRECT QUESTION OF THE DAY | 6.24.2022

The rules are the same as ever. First correct answer to the question, which I will share in a few minutes as a reply to this post, gets to decide my next post’s content, or my header for 24 hours!

Let’s see who wins today…

Probably a good time to get him over to California. He has older kids, so I assume school is out now and it’s more convenient for going onsite. I haven’t listened yet but assume this trip was probably arranged already?
Cool I was wondering if it was potentially something like that.

Sorry for the delay, but the show must go on! Welcome to DAY EIGHT of SWITCHUM’S DIRECT QUESTION OF THE DAY | 6.24.2022

The rules are the same as ever. First correct answer to the question, which I will share in a few minutes as a reply to this post, gets to decide my next post’s content, or my header for 24 hours!

Let’s see who wins today…
Your friend has joined you in hyping up Nintendo a while ago, but their memory isn’t the best. They make the following statement to you, but some things they say just feel… off. Identify the number of factually incorrect statements your friend makes, as well as what they are.

“Nintendo Directs are usually pretty good, at least for me. I joined the Nintendo hype train quite a while ago… I’ll never forget the Treehouse segments dedicated to Breath of the Wild at E3 2016, when the New Nintendo 3DS XL was shown off in that April 2015 Nintendo Direct, or the Tomodachi Life Direct that was hosted primarily by Bill Trinen… and his Mii, too! I remember when Mario Maker 2 opened that one Direct, I can’t remember which exactly, but I know it was in 2019… and it closed with an Animal Crossing for Switch reveal! My least favourite kind of Direct is the series called ‘Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase’. Aside from a few gems like a Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity update, that series didn’t offer me much.”

Your friend has joined you in hyping up Nintendo a while ago, but their memory isn’t the best. They make the following statement to you, but some things they say just feel… off. Identify the number of factually incorrect statements your friend makes, as well as what they are.

“Nintendo Directs are usually pretty good, at least for me. I joined the Nintendo hype train quite a while ago… I’ll never forget the Treehouse segments dedicated to Breath of the Wild at E3 2016, when the New Nintendo 3DS XL was shown off in that April 2015 Nintendo Direct, or the Tomodachi Life Direct that was hosted primarily by Bill Trinen… and his Mii, too! I remember when Mario Maker 2 opened that one Direct, I can’t remember which exactly, but I know it was in 2019… and it closed with an Animal Crossing for Switch reveal! My least favourite kind of Direct is the series called ‘Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase’. Aside from a few gems like a Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity update, that series didn’t offer me much.”

"when the New Nintendo 3DS XL was shown off in that April 2015 Nintendo Direct"
"and it closed with an Animal Crossing for Switch reveal!"
"My least favourite kind of Direct is the series called ‘Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase'"

"when the New Nintendo 3DS XL was shown off in that April 2015 Nintendo Direct"
"and it closed with an Animal Crossing for Switch reveal!"
"My least favourite kind of Direct is the series called ‘Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase'"
Wow. You even caught the last one. I thought I was being clever!

Clearly I have to up my game in the final few days. I’ll be back with hopefully harder questions next time >:)

In the meantime… what kind of content can I produce for you?

Wow. You even caught the last one. I thought I was being clever!

Clearly I have to up my game in the final few days. I’ll be back with hopefully harder questions next time >:)

In the meantime… what kind of content can I produce for you?
oh wow, I was just going off of my memory, surprised I caught all of them. I'll take a post about why Tomodachi Life is great to balance out my cruelty of yesterday

Still begging for the direct to be on Tuesday the 28th in NA instead of the 29th because of my availability 🙏

oh wow, I was just going off of my memory, surprised I caught all of them. I'll take a post about why Tomodachi Life is great to balance out my cruelty of yesterday
THANK YOU.

As my favourite game on the 3DS, I hold Tomodachi Life up to a very high standard. It’s already difficult for a game to break my Top 10, but Tomodachi Life breaks the Top 5!

If I could describe this game in one word, it would be “quirky”. In short, Tomodachi Life is a simulation game that allows you to create yourself, your friends, your family, your love interests, your enemies, and even your favourite celebrities and characters… basically anyone you can think of… as the iconic Nintendo Mii characters. They live together on an island, and build connections and personalities from there.

It’s the kind of game that you can sit down with a friend, show them their Mii that you’ve lovingly created, and then show them that very same Mii rocking out to an original song. It’s just magical.

Some might argue that the game doesn’t have the most content, to which I would actually agree… but the content that it DOES have keeps me coming back for more and more. I never tire of having my Miis answer poll questions, which is a fun way of settling a real life debate or an alternative to flipping a coin. Or you could play Quirky Questions, and find out if your Grandma (or, at least, her Mii) loves mint chip ice cream as much as you do. Or, really anything at all! The possibilities are endless.

But I haven’t even begun to touch upon the magic that is the relationships that Miis can make with each other. Miis can become friends, enemies; they can start dating, get married, have a child, and divorce… and you get to walk them through every step of the way. It might sound silly, but there’s a kind of magic behind having your high school English teacher Mr. Johnson marry your weird cat lady neighbour Belinda. It’s the kind of magic that I’ve only found in Tomodachi Life.

You can customize more about your Miis than you could in previous titles… you can give them a real name as well as a nickname, you can define their real life relationship to you, you can determine whether they’re a grown-up or a kid… but the most interesting part of the customization is the “personality type” that the game assigns to each Mii depending on what kind of traits you give them. And most of the time, if you answer the questions truthfully, the personality that the game assigns is spot-on! It’s so fun watching these different kinds of people flourish, and even interact with each other.

Each set of Miis has a compatibility ranking. This can make for some hilarious match-ups you never would have thought of. Maybe @Dark Cloud and Santa Claus are best of friends, but @Barely Able and Rihanna don’t always see eye to eye. Then there’s the romance feature, which speaks for itself in how fun it is. When you get a “compatible” romantic pairing, you get tempted to run up to your friend represented by a Mii IRL, and tell them who Tomodachi Life thinks they would find as a potential love interest. The possibilities are endless, both in and out of the game.

The humour is so spot-on. The strangeness in the jokes always keeps you guessing, and you never know what your Miis will be thinking up next. Let me give you a real example from my play session the other day: I hypnotized a Mii, and they dreamt of a ritual in which a circle of islander Miis walked slowly around Nintendo’s most infamous game unit, chanting it by name: “All hail the Virtual Boy!”

I could go on and on, but chances are most people won’t have read this far anyway, so I’m going to call it quits for now. But if you haven’t played this game? PICK. IT. UP. It is worth every penny… that’s a Switchum guarantee! ;)

Seems I'm a tad late to the party, but hey, here are my top 10 games of all time.

1. Donkey Kong Country (of course of course)
2. Pokemon Gen 2
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Breath of the Wild
5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
6. Spyro the Dragon
7. Hollow Knight
8. Rayman 3
9. Secret of Monkey Island
10. Epic Mickey

oh man, I want a new donkey kong game so bad. those rumors about one are still relevant right?
Should be. A few people were confirming that those rumors were probably true last year, so we should be seeing soon?

I don't think the Snitch will leak anything from the Direct because to me it seems like they have just interest for Sony and Microsoft (or maybe they just have access to information of only those two).
I mean there wasn't anything to leak from Nintendo.until now at least.
Seems I'm a tad late to the party, but hey, here are my top 10 games of all time.

1. Donkey Kong Country (of course of course)
2. Pokemon Gen 2
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Breath of the Wild
5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
6. Spyro the Dragon
7. Hollow Knight
8. Rayman 3
9. Secret of Monkey Island
10. Epic Mickey

Should be. A few people were confirming that those rumors were probably true last year, so we should be seeing soon?
Nice list!

As for the people confirming the rumours who did confirm them?

Thinking about this tweet again

cga.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom