• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a fan of the whole "number: subtitle" thing, it makes the title feel dated.

I would much prefer just the subtitle.
Both is fine with me, as long as they are being consistent.

Were they to drop the numbering with Prime 4 and go subtitle only, they should do the same with eventual remasters of Prime 2 and 3.

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo have to tie a Prime remake to showing something of Prime 4. We already have a direct (no pun intended) precedent for this last February, when they announced Skyward Sword HD without showing anything of the new Zelda just then.

Nintendo showing Prime 4 depends on whether or not they're ready; not on whatever (temporary) fan blowback might happen if it's missing again.

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo have to tie a Prime remake to showing something of Prime 4. We already have a direct (no pun intended) precedent for this last February, when they announced Skyward Sword HD without showing anything of the new Zelda just then.

Nintendo showing Prime 4 depends on whether or not they're ready; not on whatever (temporary) fan blowback might happen if it's missing again.
For me it would personally kind of sting to hear "oh yeah we're working hard on it but here's something else Metroid" again. I get it, if it's not ready to show it isn't ready to show, and I will wait for when that day finally comes but I feel like they "can't" do that trick again.

They updated the banner for Prime 4. The first of anything related to Prime 4 in 5 years. That’s telling that they’re ready to show something.

Okay fami, big news: I just got jury duty set for Tuesday, June 7th. Which, by the Direct law and the power vested therein, means that the summer Direct will take place on June 7th (just ask @Skittzo )

I don't make the rules, that's just how it goes. Book it.
This is indisputable proof btw, so it's as good as announced.

That's really short timing for jury duty though, that sucks.

Tuesday Direct would be great for me. Wednesdays I'm probably going to want to be on campus every week, but I fully intend to watch and enjoy the next Direct. Not able to have all that much of a life outside of work and rest for now so gotta savour the fun things like ranting about how Nintendo have failed because their June Direct contained no new Wario Land.

But Prime numbers aren't divisible by anything but themselves...

Edit: actually Nate you should make a clever multi- word anagram, I've used this to craft a few of those before:

The percentage based tease is going to be that jury duty of a board member confirms a Direct on the date of said jury duty 100% of the time.

This is indisputable proof btw, so it's as good as announced.

That's really short timing for jury duty though, that sucks.
I think it came last week actually, but I was out of town and uhhh... forgot to check the mail until now. I'm bad about that.

I think it came last week actually, but I was out of town and uhhh... forgot to check the mail until now. I'm bad about that.
Still one month is also pretty short notice from my experience.

Anyway has anyone seen my script for the roast? Pretty sure it was 3 pages long.

I wish we had people with the capacity to tease pokemon presentations. Kelios used to do it, but he seems to have stopped and now no one knows when pokemon presents and stuff are coming

Okay fami, big news: I just got jury duty set for Tuesday, June 7th. Which, by the Direct law and the power vested therein, means that the summer Direct will take place on June 7th (just ask @Skittzo )

I don't make the rules, that's just how it goes. Book it.
Oh neat finally Direct confirmation!

Weird that they're doing it a week early but jury duty is never wrong

I am once again asking for Style Savvy/New Style Boutique. We heard they were bringing sequels to 3DS series to Switch, we heard Syn Sophia is hiring, we heard they wanted more casual or female-focused games with the launch of the Switch Lite, so where are the goods??

tumblr_ny60vlC4aG1s66kreo1_400.jpg

I am once again asking for Style Savvy/New Style Boutique. We heard they were bringing sequels to 3DS series to Switch, we heard Syn Sophia is hiring, we heard they wanted more casual or female-focused games with the launch of the Switch Lite, so where are the goods??

tumblr_ny60vlC4aG1s66kreo1_400.jpg

This. This so hard.

I’m taking off work June 12th through the 14th. Fingers crossed the Direct drops on that Tuesday.

Nintendo must love people taking time off work to watch a series of commercials lol.
I will 100% do this if it's feasible. Was never necessary back home, because most Directs were 10 or 11pm, or 5pm for E3.

That being said, I also have to work flexibly and part time due to illness, so it is easier for me to reschedule things to fit in something like this.

I've never taken off work for E3 but in 2014, I had just finished up grad school and my new job was starting a few weeks after so I had some free time in between. I just watched Treehouse all day. Just endless hours of Smash 4, Xenoblade X, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, etc.

I’ve taken a lot days for E3 off due to my birthday usually being the week before, so I just take a few days afterwards cause my previous jobs had a ton of work end of may to beginning of June. 2nd week of June is usually when things would get steam lined and my team could function without me.

My girlfriend and I both work from home so for Directs we just go out to the living room and watch them on the TV during work hours and make the time up later haha
I’m the same way. Usually just flex it. I’m on pacific time so always pre meeting. But have been in field many a Direct/E3, so just catch up later. Treehouse is always on in the background if I’m at home though.

Nintendo must love people taking time off work to watch a series of commercials lol.
I have made it a point to take off the Tuesday of E3 every year since I became an adult. It is a tradition that I always enjoy. It is the best day of the year to get video game announcements and talk about them on forum boards.

Tuesday Direct would be great for me. Wednesdays I'm probably going to want to be on campus every week, but I fully intend to watch and enjoy the next Direct. Not able to have all that much of a life outside of work and rest for now so gotta savour the fun things like raving about how Nintendo have amazed because their June Direct contained a new Wario Land, Pikmin, and DKC.
You're right - the Tuesday Direct is going to be rave-worthy. I can feel it in my (Dry) Bones.

I do remember a rumour from late March about a port of Modern Warfare Remastered coming to Switch. I could see that being a solid announcement in the Direct and a big third-party title for the second half of this year

Nate has dropped the 27.27% thing… which now thanks to his latest comment, I think is a hint.

What’s the date 27.27% through of June? It would fall on Wednesday June 8.

I think it would fall on a Wednesday anyway, as this is a “Wednesday” year for Directs (as evidenced by the 2.9.2022 Direct), and why do it on Tuesday if there is no E3 to comply to?

Either I’m an absolutely brilliant genius who has decoded the hint, or I’m an idiot who’s wasted your time making you read this post. Probably the latter. Sorry lmao

Nate has dropped the 27.27% thing… which now thanks to his latest comment, I think is a hint.

What’s the date 27.27% through of June? It would fall on Wednesday June 8.

I think it would fall on a Wednesday anyway, as this is a “Wednesday” year for Directs (as evidenced by the 2.9.2022 Direct), and why do it on Tuesday if there is no E3 to comply to?

Either I’m an absolutely brilliant genius who has decoded the hint, or I’m an idiot who’s wasted your time making you read this post. Probably the latter. Sorry lmao
It was not a hint.

Hurray for us Yurop people

1. Earlier timezone
2. Direct airs around 18:00 slot
3. “Hey I’m working from home” to rule out traveltime
4. ???
5. Profit

Fair enough. I just don't want to set expectations too high. It's a 30-40 minute showcase to cover:
  • Xenoblade 3
  • Splatoon 3 (campaign probably)
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Mario & Rabbids 2 (unless it's in some other show)
  • Metroid Prime 1
  • Fire Emblem Mainline
  • NSO Updates
  • Other Third Party
Busy enough I think
this is pretty realistic, in my opinion. I would add a first look-2023 title to this, and a Bayonetta 3 trailer, wheter is a 2022 title or not

this is pretty realistic, in my opinion. I would add a first look-2023 title to this, and a Bayonetta 3 trailer, wheter is a 2022 title or not

Completely forgot about Bayonetta. Absolutely should get a trailer here.

Regarding Bayo 3, I really want to know
  1. Who's that Pokémon at the end of the trailer?
  2. Are they a playable character?
  3. Is Jeanne going to be a playable character?
  4. When can I finally play it?

I'm ready to see what's coming next. A lot of the 2022 games hit that "cool, but maybe not for me" area, unfortunately. I'm not really into Strikers unless it has some robust single player content. Xenoblade 3 is interesting, but we just had two kids, so it's not really a good time for a 80 hour JRPG with a bunch of cutscenes. I adored Three Houses, but I'm about over the Warriors-style games. That kind of thing, you know? Like, they're cool releases, just maybe not for me.

I've never taken off work for E3 but in 2014, I had just finished up grad school and my new job was starting a few weeks after so I had some free time in between. I just watched Treehouse all day. Just endless hours of Smash 4, Xenoblade X, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, etc.
Treehouse @ E3 2014 was so awesome I’ll never forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom