• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

So that's a shadowdrop with an online component. Any ideas?

Also they're talking about Fall Guys in the comments and apparently the game will go F2P next season (which is supposedly coming soon). So we might finally get a release date for Fall Guys here.

This is probably Soundfall. Checks all the boxes: no public listing (before today), online play, releases May 11.

Edit: Game is already out, and yep that was it.

Last edited:
Well, goodbye to indies world

Next step: Pokémon Direct, June 8/9th. Tune up for the blowout info of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet!

Thank goodness that’s over. Now we can get to the great directs being Pokémon to show the fully open world of S/V and the next big general direct.
the next few weeks will be the worst since its a limbo period where they could announce news at any day

I think something cool to speculate are 3rd party games, will only post JP 3rd party publishers because I don't care that much about the big Western ones so don't know what they could show and smaller titles is hard to cover all

Konami:
I expect some collection or Konami games being added to NES/SNES NSO
(JP only) eBaseball Spirits next entry last entry was exclusive and it was also shown on a direct

Capcom:
Sunbreak trailer
New Megaman game that leaked

Square Enix:
Live A Live trailer
Pixel Remasters Console
Team Asano 2023 game reveal probably Octopath Traveler 2
Maybe some HD remaster also

Bandai Namco:
Nothing
(JP only) Taiko game that's coming this year

Koei Temco:
Atelier 2023 title reveal
Nobunga's Amibition it's release July

SEGA:
Sonic Frontiers gameplay trailer
NSO Genesis new games
Some Puyo Puyo title reveal

Last edited:
I think something cool to speculate are 3rd party games, will only post JP 3rd party publishers because I don't care that much about the big Western ones so don't know what they could show and smaller titles is hard to cover all

Konami:
(JP only) eBaseball Spirits next entry last entry was exclusive and it was also shown on a direct

Capcom:
Sunbreak trailer

Square Enix:
Live A Live trailer
Pixel Remasters Console

Bandai Namco:
Nothing

Koei Temco:
Nobunga's Amibition it's releasy July

SEGA:
NSO Genesis new games
For Square, I think we might see Dragon Quest X Offline too

For Square, I think we might see Dragon Quest X Offline too
I thought the same but it was brought up in Installbase that Sony has some type of marketing deal with SE in Japan of the game so it would be weird for it to be revealed as western release on a Nintendo direct.

As you see it has above #play3 due to being part of Sony PLAY PLAY PLAY, the original video was made private so maybe it was just a once and done deal

I thought the same but it was brought up in Installbase that Sony has some type of marketing deal with SE in Japan of the game so it would be weird for it to be revealed as western release on a Nintendo direct.

As you see it has above #play3 due to being part of Sony PLAY PLAY PLAY, the original video was made private so maybe it was just a once and done deal

Ah fair enough, thanks for the info!

goodness what I wouldn't do for an HD remake of Dragon Quest IX
Just need to figure out the spot pass functionality or whatever it was called back then. Assume that could all be done online somehow as it would be unlikely people are carrying switches around like they did DS.

Nintendo: Metroid Prime, Zelda WW & TP, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade 3, Bayonetta 3, SURPRISE: Lego Super Mario World

Microsoft: Golden Eye, Halo Trilogy, GamePass

EA: Mass Effect, Command and Conquer

WB: The Game who must not be named, Batman Arkham, Multiversus

Capcom: RE Switch, RE2/3/7/8, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak

From- Software: Elden Ring

Ubisoft: Mario x Rabbids, Star Fox Universe

Bandai Namco: Ridge Racer, Tales of...

GBA/ DS/ GC/ Wii for NSO

Nintendo buys Level 5

Square Enix: Something RPG

Sony: God of War

TeamCherry: Hollow Knight Silksong

Ends with Fighter Pass 3 for SSBU...

...well, maaaaybe not all of this at once...

Ok, good idea. I'll do one myself. Announcements for the remainder of the year:

Konami:
Castlevania DS Collection

Capcom:
Marvel Collection
Great Ace Attorney 3
AA Investigations Collection

Namco:
Scarlet Nexus
Baten Kaitos HD Collection

Sega:
Persona 4 Golden
Persona Dancing All Collection
Dragon's Crown

Koei Tecmo:
Atelier Ryza 3

Square-Enix
Final Fantasy Tactics Reborn
Tactics Ogre Reborn
Final Fantasy XI remake by Tokyo RPG Factory
SaGa new game

I am officially expecting a Mario Strikers: Battle League Direct on May 11. Bookmark this post

sKkXAOi.png

I will eat a slice of cake if you're wrong

Guess it's cake time for me

here's mine

sega
yakuza 0

Nagoshi being demoted (and poached) will not show affect until 2023 and later, but I imagine Yakuza ports of the PS3 games will come to the Switch (or Drake) at one point

Do you mean IX?
Yes but the idea of an offline Final Fantasy XI remake is not bad either.

Are we expecting Ryza 3 this year? I know the cadence of atelier games has become short and we also got Sophie this year.

I can see the announcement but not releasing this year.

Are we expecting Ryza 3 this year? I know the cadence of atelier games has become short and we also got Sophie this year.

It has slowed down a bit but we should still get one per year / one year and half (not counting re-releases/late ports/DX editions), it would be a 2023 title for sure

I do. Ryza sold the best in the series, they might wanna stick to her. I totally can see them doing Ryza 3 instead of a new girl.

Also both announcement and the release could be this year. Gust released two big JRPG's last year.

Konami:

Capcom:
Sunbreak trailer

Square Enix:
Live A Live trailer
Pixel Remasters Console

Bandai Namco:
Nothing

Koei Temco:
Nobunga's Amibition it's release July

SEGA:
NSO Genesis new games
Square:
Chrono Break.
🤡

I hope Square-Enix holds another Dragon Quest event so we can get updates on those games they talked about last year. I really want to see DQ3 Remake show up in particular.

I also wonder what the plan is for Mario + Rabbids 2, if Ubisoft will do their own event first or if we see them put the game in a general Nintendo Direct.

Speaking of DQX i wonder how long it will take for a fan translation as most. Major DQ games get one.

Speaking of DQX i wonder how long it will take for a fan translation as most. Major DQ games get one.
If you mean the Online MMO already has 'one' but it's more like a real-time translator (so it has some issues), Offline X will release on the West just later than in Japan like all DQ games no need for fan-translation

If you mean the Online MMO already has 'one' but it's more like a real-time translator (so it has some issues), Offline X will release on the West just later than in Japan like all DQ games no need for fan-translation
Its an MMO first though so i have heard speculation it may not come west. i am still bummed we never got Theatrythm Dragon quest and it was never translated either.

Its an MMO first though so i have heard speculation it may not come west. i am still bummed we never got Theatrythm Dragon quest and it was never translated either.
They were pretty clear with what there were plans for bringing to the West or not during 35th anniversary lifestream, JP only games had a disclaimer saying will only release on Japan (or Japan/Asia), DQX Offline didn't. Any speculation of the game not coming to the West has no basis other than being stuck in the mentality of DQX never getting a Western release, and being ignorant of DQ release policy (Japan always first, WW later) when the game is not exclusive to Nintendo .

It has slowed down a bit but we should still get one per year / one year and half (not counting re-releases/late ports/DX editions), it would be a 2023 title for sure
Yeah. And specially if the FE game is with them, their teams might be stretched.

I do. Ryza sold the best in the series, they might wanna stick to her. I totally can see them doing Ryza 3 instead of a new girl.

Also both announcement and the release could be this year. Gust released two big JRPG's last year.
True, I think it helped that the game was a new girl, multiplat day one. Where it helped build an audience specially on switch, since before it was mostly ports.

For the west yes, but Ryza 2 came out in 2020 in jp.

But given that their last 2 releases, Reflection and Sophie were ww I expected the next one as well.

Hi folks--

Now that the spring Indie World has passed and the next benchmark is the not-E3 direct, a few people (Fami Founders, Racoon, Reggie, Dill) have asked me to post the insiders tier list. Please hype responsibly:

Elder God Tier:
Waddle Dee Knows (120% accuracy rate, knows things before the developers themselves know it)

Fami All Stars:
Emily and Nate

Not gud:
the rest

Thank you.

Hi folks--

Now that the spring Indie World has passed and the next benchmark is the not-E3 direct,
Possibly, but it's also possible that the next thing we get is Pokemon news. It often pops up mid-late May, and I could see that happening again this year. Either a full-blown Pokemon Presents, or a new trailer for S/V, or something like that

Possibly, but it's also possible that the next thing we get is Pokemon news. It often pops up mid-late May, and I could see that happening again this year. Either a full-blown Pokemon Presents, or a new trailer for S/V, or something like that
Yeah Pokemon is most likely before the potential June Direct. They're usually a bit separate from the main E3 presentation and I don't think that'll change just because E3 isn't a thing

Hope is a Pokemon Presents and not a S/V only direct, so they could announce the Pokemon spin-off of 2023 but that may be reserved for a Nintendo Direct.

Hope is a Pokemon Presents and not a S/V only direct, so they could announce the Pokemon spin-off of 2023 but that may be reserved for a Nintendo Direct.
it'll probably be a game exlusive direct like SWSH or just a trailer drop like SM

Will Nintendo hold Direct in June? As this year's E3 was cancelled 3 months ago hopes are that Nintendo will stick to their traditional June Direct plan. But what if not? Will they make us suffer till September for more news on what's coming? The games which are coming over summer could be very well detailed on Twitter, you can't predict Nintendo at this point.
But I think there will be one, but maybe early in the month or closer to the end of it, as some companies will try to stick to their regular E3 dates.

Yes.
Either the day before Mario Strikers to give one last marketing push or the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom