• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No because they will hold one in Mai.
Best reason I found for accidentally voting no

Yup. Gotta talk about the second half and give people the slightest glimpse of 2023 (even if that's restricted to third-parties or a Zelda trailer).

I certainly think so. It's proven to be a successful (and trend-setting) marketing tool and strategy, and three per year feels like a sweet spot of sorts.

Yup. Gotta talk about the second half and give people the slightest glimpse of 2023 (even if that's restricted to third-parties or a Zelda trailer).
Spo-san, you still thinking we'll get a 2D/3D Mario or DK? I'm still hoping we do. There was a Bloomberg article or something the other day that talked about Nintendo planning to leverage its popular IP, including Mario as one of the examples it listed, to help drive software sales for Switch. I thought it may have been referring to sales this specific FY but couldn't quite tell.

I would be legitimately surprised if there wasn't one.

Aren't there almost always Directs a few weeks after Indie Worlds, too?

It's incredibly likely. I'm just hoping they'll have Treehouse playthroughs as well.

they aren't going to rip up their plans bc of E3, it might not be the exact same day but it will likely be on schedule for usual June direct time, after the inevitable Pokemon Presents w/ next look at Scarlet & Violet in Late May

Spo-san, you still thinking we'll get a 2D/3D Mario or DK? I'm still hoping we do. There was a Bloomberg article or something the other day that talked about Nintendo planning to leverage its popular IP, including Mario as one of the examples it listed, to help drive software sales for Switch. I thought it may have been referring to sales this specific FY but couldn't quite tell.
I'm less confident in what's coming out of EPD and how they're pacing those titles, both because internal titles in general seem to be taking a while, and secondly because I think Nintendo are taking their time with those games because of how strong a position Switch is in. There's no need to rush anything from EPD, even if it's frustrating for some fans, because of how buoyant the software market is on Switch.

They don't necessarily need any of those games later this year; we could guess at the September to December window including Splatoon 3, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Bayonetta 3, Advance Wars, a Metroid Prime remake, and even a Fire Emblem title. That's huge genre and franchise variety and two major blockbuster titles.

But I think that the Mario titles especially are almost becoming overdue; especially 3D Mario. Donkey Kong I think is in the works but will take longer to arrive.

Yes. I'm think Tuesday June 14th at 9AM PT as per their usual time, announced a week before also like usual. As for what games?

• Metroid Prime Remaster/Remake trailer and release date reveal, along with our first teaser look at Metroid Prime 4 (revamped logo or quick 10 seconds of CGI footage)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD + Twilight Princess HD double pack
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer, still out this year.
  • Mario Party Superstars DLC
  • Some form of Kirby and the Forgotten Land DLC
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League first free content update slated for late July, includes two new characters (Daisy and Pauline)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 trailer
  • Splatoon 3 trailer
  • Donkey Kong 2023 trailer (I hope it's 3D)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 2 trailer
  • Persona 4 Golden, Alan Wake Remastered, No Man's Sky and Portal: Companion Collection trailers as Third Party games (dates for P4G, No Man's Sky and Portal Collection as well)
  • Ends with a trailer for the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild trailer, name reveal but no firm date just yet.

That's about all the predictions I can think of right now.

Advance Wars will be absent and mentioned again 2 weeks later on Twitter.

The idea of CC2 'stealing' such a big thing as a Pokemon game from Bamco and making a game for Nintendo is so funny, it's like a kid stealing from their father 😭
since bamco seemed to have moved onto Tekken 8, either they can find some spar devs, or TPC and/or Bamco could outsource to another studio. IMO, I think TPC could just get someone like Eighting, Arika, or even CC2 to make a new fighting game with a new name

Will Nintendo show the Direct a bit before or after the release of Mario Strikers is my question. I think they'll show a direct a couple of days before Strikers, so I think it will be on June 7th.

Most probably, even without E3 there's no reason not to hold one. The only thing I could possibly see is it being moved to later in the summer (like July), but that doesn't seem super likely to me

They better do! pls...

With Xenoblade, Mario Strickers, new Pokemon I guess they'd have an easy time filling up a nice June direct. I dont see why not do it tbh.

"Announced things like the Xbox/Bethesda showcase on June 12th, but also some other stuff that will be announced in the coming weeks" okay Geoff I know you know now leak the whole Direct.

They better do! pls...

With Xenoblade, Mario Strickers, new Pokemon I guess they'd have an easy time filling up a nice June direct. I dont see why not do it tbh.
Honestly Strikers and Pokemon probably wouldn't get much in a Direct, since Strikers would be too close to release and Pokemon is typically mostly separate from Directs

Directs typically focus on games further out and new announcements, so it's kinda hard to predict based on games that are close to release. That being said, there's more than enough rumored and far away stuff they could talk about

If June is cancelled then Mario Strikers and Three Hopes join Advance Wars in the 'delayed indefinitely' pile. Oh no.

The last time we didn't have a general Direct in June, Nintendo covered third party announcements with Partner Showcases for 4 months. Welcome back, Partner Showcase!

We’ll pretend they do it on the second or third week of June. Either way I see Mario Strikers getting a mention or a short trailer. They got plenty to announce and show.

-Mario Strikers
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3
-Splatoon 3
-Metroid Prime Remaster (possible short tease of MP4)
-Splatoon 3
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Bayonetta 3
-Mario Kart Booster Pass
-Silksong
-third party announcements and release dates
-BotW 2 (I can see this 50/50 for showing up)
-TP/WW?

Possible new first party games from Nintendo
-2D DK/Mario
-old IP returns
-Pikmin 4
-New Fire Emblem

We’ll pretend they do it on the second or third week of June. Either way I see Mario Strikers getting a mention or a short trailer. They got plenty to announce and show.

-Mario Strikers
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3
-Splatoon 3
-Metroid Prime Remaster (possible short tease of MP4)
-Splatoon 3
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Bayonetta 3
-Mario Kart Booster Pass
-Silksong
-third party announcements and release dates
-BotW 2 (I can see this 50/50 for showing up)
-TP/WW?

Possible new first party games from Nintendo
-2D DK/Mario
-old IP returns
-Pikmin 4
-New Fire Emblem
This seems most likely. I can really see a brand new FE For the second half of 2022, too much smoke about It. I wonder what kind of announcement we could expect for 2023, of any at all.

Yes. I'm think Tuesday June 14th at 9AM PT as per their usual time, announced a week before also like usual. As for what games?

• Metroid Prime Remaster/Remake trailer and release date reveal, along with our first teaser look at Metroid Prime 4 (revamped logo or quick 10 seconds of CGI footage)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD + Twilight Princess HD double pack
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer, still out this year.
  • Mario Party Superstars DLC
  • Some form of Kirby and the Forgotten Land DLC
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League first free content update slated for late July, includes two new characters (Daisy and Pauline)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 trailer
  • Splatoon 3 trailer
  • Donkey Kong 2023 trailer (I hope it's 3D)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 2 trailer
  • Persona 4 Golden, Alan Wake Remastered, No Man's Sky and Portal: Companion Collection trailers as Third Party games (dates for P4G, No Man's Sky and Portal Collection as well)
  • Ends with a trailer for the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild trailer, name reveal but no firm date just yet.

That's about all the predictions I can think of right now.

Advance Wars will be absent and mentioned again 2 weeks later on Twitter.
This would be a phenomenal Direct. If I get MP HD, WW/TP HD, new DK or Mario (any variety), and a BOTW trailer I'll be in heaven. I'm realistically expecting 3 of those 4 things.

This would be a phenomenal Direct. If I get MP HD, WW/TP HD, new DK or Mario (any variety), and a BOTW trailer I'll be in heaven. I'm realistically expecting 3 of those 4 things.
We’ve had some really great directs this generation. This could be another one depending on what Nintendo wants to show and what they might want to save for a little later like BotW 2.

With Starfield delayed, my only hope for the rest of the year is Metroid Prime remaster and God of War.

Come through Nintendo and Sony. Come. Through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom