• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
since bamco seemed to have moved onto Tekken 8, either they can find some spar devs, or TPC and/or Bamco could outsource to another studio. IMO, I think TPC could just get someone like Eighting, Arika, or even CC2 to make a new fighting game with a new name
There is no reason to rush a new Pokken entry, Pokemon Co will just wait until Tekken team can be part of the project to make the next entry if they want a new entry. That's just how Nintendo works always giving if possible the series to the same developers and this is not a Smash case that if Bamco couldn't pick it up they will need to find someone else, Pokken 2 will not start development until Bamco can take it.

I'm once again asking for 2D Mario. Could be a great holiday game too. Donkey Kong's OK too, as long as it's not as busy looking as Tropical Freeze.

i'm not saying anything about zelda and won't believe that it exists until it's in my hands. yes, i've turned into a zelda fan.

The sooner we get this thing, the better. If we're going to be in a relative dry spell for substantial releases, I'd like to know the calendar year schedule asap:)

I say dry spell very loosely as someone who is buying Strikers and Xenoblade lmao

I'm pretty set for the summer (Three Hopes -> XC3 -> Maybe Soul Hackers 2?) but I'd love a Direct just in general, and to know more about games like Sparks of Hope, Bayo 3, and Pokemon (though that'll probably get its own thing sometime soon)

Also hoping for a mainline Fire Emblem announcement

This is looking to be a quiet summer for me. I'm not sold on Strikers, don't care for most RPGs, and Splatoon isn't until September. I'm hoping this Direct gets me excited, at least.

There is no reason to rush a new Pokken entry, Pokemon Co will just wait until Tekken team can be part of the project to make the next entry if they want a new entry. That's just how Nintendo works always giving if possible the series to the same developers and this is not a Smash case that if Bamco couldn't pick it up they will need to find someone else, Pokken 2 will not start development until Bamco can take it.
no need to rush, I think we're way overdue for a new game. hence why I think starting a different fighting game series with another studio is a good option

Then Nintendo should use another IP other than Pokemon to create a fighting game, having two fighting sub-series for Pokemon doesn't make that much sense.
(SC x FE 👀 )
Snapchat x Fire Emblem? How would that be a fighting game lol. Unless you're talking about me fighting for attention

Okubo left Bamco for a company in Shibuya, Grezzo is in Shibuya 👀 (now I need to find a way to explain Grezzo making a fighting game)
they're working on a 'medieval' project that won't necessarily be photorealistic but aims to have a 'stylish' take on reality.... case solved 👀

if there's a Direct it almost certainly isn't for about another month

get excited for Pokémon info, we'll probably get boxart and scenario details this month

if there's a Direct it almost certainly isn't for about another month

get excited for Pokémon info, we'll probably get boxart and scenario details this month
So excited for the first fully open world Pokémon game. I can’t wait to see how they tackle the order of the gyms.

I know you are not making much of 4Chan BS Leaks, but check this out... this has to be the supidest "4chan Leak" I ever seen.

• Banjo Tooie, Jet Force Gemini and DK64 are all coming to Nintendo Switch online in the next few Months.
• Bayonetta 3 is currently slated for a Q1 2023 release.
• Castlevania Synphony of the Night is Coming to Switch in October
• Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League is coming to the Switch among other platforms and will only retail.for around $29.99 but will be filled with IAP's. Will be out in November.
• Ridge Racer will be returning to multiple platforms including Switch to commemorate it's 30th anniversary. A new f2p game will be coming "relatively soon"
• A new kirby collection is coming and will be out before his 30th anniversary celebrarion is over. Most likely early next year.
• Nintendo Selects will be making a return this Summer and will include games such as Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion 3 etc games will get a perrmanent price drop to $39.99
• A megaman gameboy Collection will be coming in the fall and will include the gameboy versions of megaman 1-5 and well as 3 bonus games.
• Metroid Dread will be recieving a Master Quest style DLC which will cost around $10 will be out end of June.
• Skies of Arcadia Remastered coming to PC and Switch.
• Yacht Club games is working "closely" with Nintendo on a yet to be revealed sectet title.
• wind waker and twilight princess HD are coming in February 2023 but will not be the same as the Wii U versions. Those who purchase both games will get access to a demo of the BOTW sequel.
• Metroid Prime Remastered has been in development since late last summer and will likely release by next year. Developed by Grezzo and Nintendo

Last edited:
• Metroid Dread will be recieving a Master Quest style DLC which will cost around $10 will be out end of June.
This honestly would be an awesome thing to have (too bad the leak is BS), and it also made me think about Dread updates more... in the February direct, they specified the 1st and 2nd update for Metroid Dread and Nintendo loves to specify what the final update is so it makes me think there is more to come for Dread.

I know you are not making much of 4Chan BS Leaks, but check this out... this has to be the supidest "4chan Leak" I ever seen.

• Banjo Tooie, Jet Force Gemini and DK64 are all coming to Nintendo Switch online in the next few Months.
• Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League is coming to the Switch among other platforms and will only retail.for around $29.99 but will be filled with IAP's. Will be out in November.
• Ridge Racer will be returning to multiple platforms including Switch to commemorate it's 30th anniversary. A new f2p game will be coming "relatively soon"
• A new kirby collection is coming and will be out before his 30th anniversary celebrarion is over. Most likely early next year.
• Nintendo Selects will be making a return this Summer and will include games such as Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion 3 etc games will get a perrmanent price drop to $39.99
• A megaman gameboy Collection will be coming in the fall and will include the gameboy versions of megaman 1-5 and well as 3 bonus games.
• Yacht Club games is working "closely" with Nintendo on a yet to be revealed sectet title.
• wind waker and twilight princess HD are coming in February 2023 but will not be the same as the Wii U versions. Those who purchase both games will get access to a demo of the BOTW sequel.
• Metroid Prime Remastered has been in development since late last summer and will likely release by next year. Developed by Grezzo and Nintendo

The Zelda part ruined it. They’re not releasing TP/WW like 1-2 months before BotW2.

Ah yes, Grezzo’s “medieval and stylish project” is obviously Metroid Prime.

I have to say I have sort of back-pedalled a bit about BotW2 showing up. People made some good arguments against it showing up in the pre-release thread. A blowout might be too early after all, and they're not gonna show 4 teasers in a row.

Don't get me wrong, I will still hope for it and hype about it. No fun otherwise.

I have to say I have sort of back-pedalled a bit about BotW2 showing up. People made some good arguments against it showing up in the pre-release thread. A blowout might be too early after all, and they're not gonna show 4 teasers in a row.

Don't get me wrong, I will still hope for it and hype about it. No fun otherwise.
Well if not blowout, 2 minute trailers should be enough, maybe with a title reveal. It's not blowout be any means but it's also not really a teaser.

Obviously this isn’t real, but Prime and Kirby Collection being the only 1st party game announcements would kinda blow

3rd party stuff seems on par, the Yacht Club point is reminiscent of 3DS & Wii U era directs

If BOTW 2 shows at the June direct, I'm expecting a teaser (but more in-depth than the others) and a title drop at a minimum. Maybe it isn't time for a blowout, but they can certainly throw together a good trailer and get speculation running rampant by revealing the subtitle 9-ish months before release.

If BOTW 2 shows at the June direct, I'm expecting a teaser (but more in-depth than the others) and a title drop at a minimum. Maybe it isn't time for a blowout, but they can certainly throw together a good trailer and get speculation running rampant by revealing the subtitle 9-ish months before release.
I think people shouldn't forget that BotW2 will be massive. They can start showing substantial gameplay 9-months before launch (just like BotW did) and still have tons of secrets and surprises for the final game.

The legend of Wumpa League :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agree. I think we will see Aunouma say pretty clearly they will have a full reveal later in the year, then announce some new game/port for later in the year.

BotW2 will be the headline title of the September Direct.

BotW2 is in a weird place. I can’t see Nintendo bringing yet another teaser to the hypothetical June Direct, yet it would be surprising to have a full blowout already because of all the other titles due before this one. So do they skip it altogether? If it were E3, I’d say there’s not a chance, but now I’m not so sure.

Personally, I think it would be the right time for a first meaty trailer and title reveal, but probably no Treehouse Live segment nor in-depth gameplay. Then in September or at a dedicated event later this year, after they’re done marketing Xenoblade and Splatoon, they show actual gameplay demos, announce the release date and all that good stuff.

BotW2 is in a weird place. I can’t see Nintendo bringing yet another teaser to the hypothetical June Direct, yet it would be surprising to have a full blowout already because of all the other titles due before this one. So do they skip it altogether? If it were E3, I’d say there’s not a chance, but now I’m not so sure.

Personally, I think it would be the right time for a first meaty trailer and title reveal, but probably no Treehouse Live segment nor in-depth gameplay. Then in September or at a dedicated event later this year, after they’re done marketing Xenoblade and Splatoon, they show actual gameplay demos, announce the release date and all that good stuff.

TBH a Tittle reveal and a prober Trailer (not Teaser Trailer) would be enough, I don't full in-depth gameplay yet... just let me know how the game is called and show alittle bit more from the game would be awsome... but first we really need a reasurance or a sign that Nintendo is eveen doing an June Direct... would be strange if they don't do one.

I can't believe people think Botw2 might not show or might not have a blow out showing at E3. The only reason it wouldn't is if they don't have much new to show which I don't think is the case.
It'll be like botw1 in 2016, a detailed trailer and then multiple treehouse presentations, I'm 100% certain of it.

If Nintendo decides to wait a day or two to announce the direct we’ll know before that.

Nate Drake will have already done an analogy or joke or some hint like a week or 2 before the difect so we will know it’s coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom