• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase on 2/21 at 6am PT/3 pm CET, 25 minutes, on-demand, focus on Switch games for h1 2024 (No Spoilers)

Will SEGA bring F-Zero GX Remastered to the Partner Showcase?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • No.

Votes: 60 49.2%
  • Falcon Punch!

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Shut up, MissingNo.!

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As is tradition. The unofficial Fami Direct Song

FAMI MATTERS

It’s a rare condition, this day and age,
To see a Direct, on the Famiboard front page.
It’s a Nintendo tradition of the grand design,
To make sure their directs are a rarity to find.

Well then there must be some hyped up fans inside these gentle boards.
Cause all I see is a board full of dreams,
With anticipation bursting out of every post’s
seams.

As days go by,
It’s the bigger love of the Fami-ly

Glad to have it announced beforehand rather than shadow-dropped, makes the event more fun!

Edit: though on-demand and not live-streamed? That's not it Ninty.

Ah, the official admission of "we aint got shit for this year"

Maybe we'll get a Mini in June for announcing Fire Emblem and whatever other ports/remakes they scrounge up, and that's it until the big reveal in September/October

Interesting that they say focusing on H1, don't they usually mention Summer or "what's to come in 2024" or am I misremembering

We love a 5pm EST announcement. Nintendo is spicing things up this year. Oh and 48 hours in advance! Frisky Nintendo

This isn’t a Mini

All the partner showcases have been mini’s
It's the same length as June 2022 though, so maybe that's just a branding change?

The "development partners" thing is more interesting imo since it implies Nintendo published titles that are developed by third parties. So technically anything up to like, a new Kirby/Metroid/FE is fair game?

SMT V Vengeance coming out in the first half of the year? Hell yeah!
However all this weirdness still doesn't mean they're actually going to stick to the H1 "focusing on" for every game here. That's like never the case

icegif-434.gif

It's the same length as June 2022 though, so maybe that's just a branding change?

The "development partners" thing is more interesting imo since it implies Nintendo published titles that are developed by third parties. So technically anything up to like, a new Kirby/Metroid/FE is fair game?

However all this weirdness still doesn't mean they're actually going to stick to the H1 "focusing on" for every game here. That's like never the case
sure we aren't reading to deep into the development part?

Know who's a Partner? Capcom. Know what Capcom develops that can easily run on Switch? Mega Man.

Come on Capcom!

sure we aren't reading to deep into the development part?
Oh we almost certainly are, I doubt it's going to be anything that big. But it's nice to hope

From Pyoro's hints

Seems most likely it's referring to Endless Ocean and a GameFreak non-Pokemon title

I like these things being uploaded videos early in the morning so I can wake up at the normal time and just check the news on Twitter and Gematsu to see if there was anything interesting

Kinda excited for this one given the tweets that Pyoro have liked on Twitter about this direct.

Endless Ocean have always fascinated me but I never got it. I was hopeful for it to come back, I'll be super hype if it indeed happens.

Nintendo must know that something is going to happen with the calendar after June, thus somehow warping us straight to January 2025, which explains the Switch 2 "delay" and this Direct only focusing on first half titles, because there's not going to be a second half of 2024.

Time to see just what "development partners" entails (It's probably just Game Freak and Endless Ocean).

Back
Top Bottom