• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing about Nintendo fanbase that I find more pleasant is that Nintendo spent the last two decades ensuring that they don’t have a voice in the hardware race. There’s a lot more console warring elsewhere.

Not saying things can’t get toxic, but it’s almost an insular toxicity. We hate each other and Nintendo :]
Playstation stans hate Xbox, Xbox stans hate Playstation, and Nintendo stans hate Nintendo

Perfectly balanced.

The one thing about Nintendo fanbase that I find more pleasant is that Nintendo spent the last two decades ensuring that they don’t have a voice in the hardware race. There’s a lot more console warring elsewhere.

Not saying things can’t get toxic, but it’s almost an insular toxicity. We hate each other and Nintendo :]
It's like how you're allowed to shit-talk your siblings because the love is a given.

Playstation stans hate Xbox, Xbox stans hate Playstation, and Nintendo stans hate Nintendo

Perfectly balanced.
↓↓↓
Microsoft fans: fuck Sony 😠
Sony fans: fuck Microsoft 😠
Nintendo fans: fuck Nintendo ❤️

Star Wars has the worst fanbase. The amount of harassment people inflicted destroyed the life and career of Jake Lloyd. Ahmed Best was treated so poorly by the fans he became suicidal. There's more than that of course but that alone puts Star Wars at the bottom of the bunch.
Well I don’t pay attention to Star Wars lol

I'm a fan of Nintendo, Star Wars, Marvel.. Nintendo is by far the nicest, most welcoming group. The only place I've ever seen more rampant sexism, racism, and homophobia than the Star Wars and Marvel fandoms, is in church.

I don’t even like Star Wars and don’t know anything about it. Again imo of what I’ve personally seen it’s Nintendo mainly
They send death threats and attack people in Star Wars for their skin color or gender. The latest villain in the show has been getting vile shit sent into her Twitter dms over her race and gender. Then when an actor they liked from Star Wars came out in defense for her they started coming up with conspiracy theories about how actually he's on their side but Disney was forcing him to defend her.

They send death threats and attack people in Star Wars for their skin color or gender. The latest villain in the show has been getting vile shit sent into her Twitter dms over her race and gender. Then when an actor they liked from Star Wars came out in defense for her they started coming up with conspiracy theories about how actually he's on their side but Disney was forcing him to defend her.
And now I found my reason to never go anywhere near Star Wars

What are you all still doing here?! The Direct is over! Go home!

zombielandsaga-sakura.gif

And now I found my reason to never go anywhere near Star Wars
Star Wars itself is good. Wonderful, even. But it's fundamentally anti-nazi and has become much more diverse and inclusive in the past decade and that draws a certain type of ire.

Same thing with Marvel. A lot of storylines and minority characters that have been around for years are coming to the forefront in the films and that's pissing off the fans who want every character to look like Tony Stark or Steve Rogers.

It's not the fault of the films. It's the films going mainstream and becoming easy Fox News fodder that's making everything shit.

For some reason... I have the feeling that in the next 1 - 3 Weeks we are gonna see something from Nintendo...

Because the Switch Lite was announced on July 10th 2019:

And the Switch OLED Model was announced on July 6th 2021:

Maybe an Announcement of a new hardware or a Nintendo Showcase, maybe the patterns will hold up this time, who knows or maybe not.... I'm just speculating.

Partner Showcase at the end of June technically didn't break any patterns so...July 6 2022 let's go(ooooooo!!)?

I want Nintendo to release multiple colors of the N64 controller for Switch so I can collect them.

I also do not want this to happen because they would cost so much lol
Big same. If anything I'm shocked no one has tried making custom N64 shells like they did for Joycons that you can buy on Amazon. Be pretty nice if people did (and also a helluva lot easier to get my preferred colours at that point)

And I don’t blame him cause just look at the Nintendo twitter fanbase

This feels like a lot of conflating the worst members of a fanbase with the fanbase as a whole, which is pretty unfair.

There are going to be shitheads in every fanbase. The bigger the fanbase, the more shitheads you're going to have. Throwing the entire fanbase under the bus for the actions of the worst members and then avoiding the property itself seems like an overreaction.

Any reason to believe that isn't a case of someone making multiple predictions, hiding Tweets then unhiding them after the reveal?

The Snitch is somewhat redeemed! Though the stuff about being someone with early YouTube access still seems confirmed by the earlier tweets.

Not that I really care about the “integrity” of the Snitch, but why do we continue to give Kotaku articles any attention here? This is like example #2138 of misleading information from them…

Not that I really care about the “integrity” of the Snitch, but why do we continue to give Kotaku articles any attention here? This is like example #2138 of misleading information from them…
I originally posted Schreier’s comment saying the switch lied and him calling him out for only having access to YouTube. Just wanting to close the loop on this

What? Nobody noticed this? He also has a tweet from February 8 where he advanced that there would be more Mario Kart DLC (and he was right).

8d1c6836328f6da92fa6bf37ab4a0176.png
Are the different language settings the reason the month is not capitalized like usual?

*Edit-changed June to month

Any reason to believe that isn't a case of someone making multiple predictions, hiding Tweets then unhiding them after the reveal?

On one hand, several games are mentioned within the same tweet, all of which were shown. Some had been rumored before so it's not impossible that they made 100 tweets and one got it exactly right, but the which dramatically increases the number of tweets necessary to get one exactly right.
On the other hand, all of the games mentioned were heavily rumored to be shown, so with combinations, I think that the number of guess-tweets goes down.

Are the different language settings the reason the month is not capitalized like usual?

*Edit-changed June to month

Yes, it seems the capture comes from a user with the browser language set in Spanish, and in that language months are not capitalized (even if a lot of people do, I guess due to English language global influence).

Yes, it seems the capture comes from a user with the browser language set in Spanish, and in that language months are not capitalized (even if a lot of people do, I guess due to English language global influence).
Okay cool, I was about to say it's probably a photoshop edit. Thanks for the reply.

There is really going to be a first party direct soon?

They can easily announced bayo 3 release date and mk8 dx dlc wave 2 tracks the next following weeks via twitter

Splat 3 and Pokémon S/V can get their own events by late july/early august.

I think AW1+2 and Everybody’s 1 2 Stink can be announced via twitter anywhere.

Its very likely a new indies world happens by mid august.

MP1 Remaster and FE can wait until mid september direct.

Don’t known if they will ever release zelda wiiu ports lol.

So, he tried to throw them under the bus for no reason?
Kotaku wrote that the Snitch said they got their Ragnarok info from the same source as Bloomberg, to which Jason said that was untrue. Then in a later comment alluded to him getting the stuff from Youtube. So this is more on the article incorrectly saying Bloomberg had the sources for the date than anything else.

The Snitch is somewhat redeemed! Though the stuff about being someone with early YouTube access still seems confirmed by the earlier tweets.

I am sure they will be wrong as its not avoidble stuff happens. Their track record is good enough whatever they see was right at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom