• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a dream about General Direct in September. It was pretty good show, but I was like where the hell is Zelda? There is no way they are not showing it there, but I said to myself it just will be there. Koizumi then said: next segment will be our last announcement, I was just sitting in front of my screen and excited because I knew this will be Zelda. But then, I couldn't believe my fucking eyes, yes, they showed Everybody's 1-2 fucking Switch, I screamed FUCK YOU, then I threw my Switch into the washing machine. Done with this company.
Reading this dream sequence made me do the same irl. Fuck them for real man.

Me when Metroid Prime Remaster is announced:

This reveal might be the biggest gift by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "THANK YOU" at my screen.

Then what you will do when Prime 4 gets finally dated?
I was literally shaking with joy during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. "You announced something," I shrieked at my computer. My mom knocked on my bedroom door and had to ask if I was ok. Then, they started showing me a bunch of Metroid Prime 4 gameplay and I just turned it up. It was actually unbelievable.

I scream "FUCK YOU" during every Nintendo presentation
only I scream it at the haters 😎
giphy.gif

Imagine BotW 2 offers not 4K / 60 fps, but at least dynamic 1080p - 2K / 60 fps for the Switch pro, I'm curious to know who would buy that console just to play an improved version of that game, and also assuming that previous games will not be updated to use that power.

I would buy it. Is BotW 2 enough to justify that purchase for you?

Why there was Takahashi instead of Miyamoto in Mario Rabbids Showcase? Because Miyamoto is busy with Pikmin 4, simple as it gets.
You theories are always so on point. Can't believe you aren't an insider. Or are you?

Imagine BotW 2 offers not 4K / 60 fps, but at least dynamic 1080p - 2K / 60 fps for the Switch pro, I'm curious to know who would buy that console just to play an improved version of that game, and also assuming that previous games will not be updated to use that power.

I would buy it. Is BotW 2 enough to justify that purchase for you?
Absolutely.

As much as that “Steam Deck has ruined Nintendo Directs for us” GameSpot headline is a bit garbage, I have been noticing a major shift on Twitter, and in just about every single podcast I listen to - Steam Deck is really impressing, and at least among journalists and those able to get their hands on it, it’s frequently becoming the place to buy and play games.

Grubb is a big Nintendo fan and historically a big Switch hardware proponent, but unless it’s first party or some indie joint (and not even all of those), we pretty much hear that he’s playing on Deck now. Heard the praise pop up in NVC, as they carefully skirt around not trying to imply Switch is somehow less good in their Nintendo branded podcast. Recently heard rave commentary from Bakalar at Giant Bomb as well.

Now this has no impact on first party titles, but it does clearly show a strong desire in the core audiences to have better performance. It feels like I’m being gaslit when I observe this shift, and yet am told over and over that Nintendo probably won’t / doesn’t need to release anything new for several years. Sure I guess they don’t strictly need to do anything - even with Valves doubling of production it’ll barely dent Nintendo’s own profits. But at least be honest that having higher framerates and resolutions would vastly improve sentiment for many consumers. A much better Switch would handily pivot all of these discussions back to Nintendo.

Sorry for the rant I’ll go slink back to the hardware thread

As much as that “Steam Deck has ruined Nintendo Directs for us” GameSpot headline is a bit garbage, I have been noticing a major shift on Twitter, and in just about every single podcast I listen to - Steam Deck is really impressing, and at least among journalists and those able to get their hands on it, it’s frequently becoming the place to buy and play games.

Grubb is a big Nintendo fan and historically a big Switch hardware proponent, but unless it’s first party or some indie joint (and not even all of those), we pretty much hear that he’s playing on Deck now. Heard the praise pop up in NVC, as they carefully skirt around not trying to imply Switch is somehow less good in their Nintendo branded podcast. Recently heard rave commentary from Bakalar at Giant Bomb as well.

Now this has no impact on first party titles, but it does clearly show a strong desire in the core audiences to have better performance. It feels like I’m being gaslit when I observe this shift, and yet am told over and over that Nintendo probably won’t / doesn’t need to release anything new for several years. Sure I guess they don’t strictly need to do anything - even with Valves doubling of production it’ll barely dent Nintendo’s own profits. But at least be honest that having higher framerates and resolutions would vastly improve sentiment for many consumers. A much better Switch would handily pivot all of these discussions back to Nintendo.

Sorry for the rant I’ll go slink back to the hardware thread
I mean this is absolutely nothing new. It happened with the Wii, it happened with the DS / 3DS and it will happen again. People have the right to love their favored console/place to game. The only thing I have problems with is saying things like "lol at the people buying this on Switch".

Surprise folks. Some people have to manage a tight budget and don't have either the time nor the money to buy all kinds of gaming stuff so to me personally it comes down to first party offerings and Nintendo is the only one who plays to my taste.

People love to forget that the Switch was a Top Tier product for 2017. And it still is from a accessibility point of view.
It is by far the console where I spent the most hours with.

EDIT:

Shows over folks. Why you all still here? Move along. Don't make me turn on the sprinklers.

dee47d1544b8b9c80c5b969cb6ab014a_w200.gif

No. Stop it! You're not supposed to like it!

I mean this is absolutely nothing new. It happened with the Wii, it happened with the 3DS and it will happen again. People have the right to love their favored console/place to game. The only thing I have problems with is saying things like "lol at the people buying this on Switch".

Surprise folks. Some people have to manage a tight budget and don't have either the time nor the money to buy all kinds of gaming stuff so to me personally it comes down to first party offerings and Nintendo is the only one who plays to my taste.

People love to forget that the Switch was a Top Tier product for 2017. And it still is from a accessibility point of view.
It is by far the console where I spent the most hours with.
Pretty much. It's not a new discussion by a long shot. Been there done that, which is why I don't engage with it nowadays.

Sounds like Snitch is losing it’s 15 minutes of fame. Couldn’t leak anything Nintendo and miss a couple other things.

No opinion on God of War. Never played the original and have no desire too. Tho if I ever get a Ps5. I might. Should be like 5 bucks by then.
To me this basically confirms the person had early YouTube video access.

So even Schreier on Snitch being a YT employee bandwagon lol.

Will be interesting to see if Snitch ever gets found out. Or at least developers are catching on with Snitch's ways of doing things
It's kinda obvious lol. There's no other way they could get that information. I'm also betting that this is PracticalBrush back from the dead.

Sounds like Snitch is losing it’s 15 minutes of fame. Couldn’t leak anything Nintendo and miss a couple other things.

No opinion on God of War. Never played the original and have no desire too. Tho if I ever get a Ps5. I might. Should be like 5 bucks by then.
He didn’t tho just because he didn’t leak nintendo shit doesn’t mean he lost his info he doesn’t care probably about nintendo stuff

And I don’t blame him cause just look at the Nintendo twitter fanbase
Or Star Wars, or Marvel, or DC, or Sonic, or Sony, or Pokemon, or Star trek, or well you get the point. Every Fandom has toxic parts of the community. No need to keep pointing at Nintendo fans so often when the Nintendo community is hardly unique in toxicity levels.

Or Star Wars, or Marvel, or DC, or Sonic, or Sony, or Pokemon, or Star trek, or well you get the point. Every Fandom has toxic parts of the community. No need to keep pointing at Nintendo fans so often when the Nintendo community is hardly unique in toxicity levels.
You know what I mean every fanbase has toxic people but nintendo is one of the worst imo

Yep. Every fanbase of every kind of medium has toxic fanbases

You know what I mean every fanbase has toxic people but nintendo is one of the worst imo
Star Wars has the worst fanbase. The amount of harassment people inflicted destroyed the life and career of Jake Lloyd. Ahmed Best was treated so poorly by the fans he became suicidal. There's more than that of course but that alone puts Star Wars at the bottom of the bunch.

If you hang around a community and see it almost on a daily basis you'll think that about the community. Personally I've been hanging around Star Wars and Marvel lately because of the shows and I'd say they are the worst.

The one thing about Nintendo fanbase that I find more pleasant is that Nintendo spent the last two decades ensuring that they don’t have a voice in the hardware race. There’s a lot more console warring elsewhere.

Not saying things can’t get toxic, but it’s almost an insular toxicity. We hate each other and Nintendo :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom