• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why release new hardware this holiday when they can get holiday season sales boost on current Switch plus launch sales boost on new Switch 3-5 months later? No-brainer there.

I've kind of lost track, how many holiday slots (October/November/December) are still open for an unannounced 1st party or Nintendo branded IP partner game?

Looks like M+R SoH will take up one of those slots, and we have Pokemon (though that's technically not NIntendo). We thought XBC3 was going to be a holiday title but it's coming this summer. so winter rerleases still look relatively open for a couple of more unannounced Nintendo titles?

I believe August and December are still open, but December has Dragon Quest Treasures slotted in the usual December slot so I don't think they will place anything else there.

I'm thinking that maybe Everybody Switch and/or Advance Wars falls in August. Metroid Prime Remake in November. Bayonetta in January/February.

Why release new hardware this holiday when they can get holiday season sales boost on current Switch plus launch sales boost on new Switch 3-5 months later? No-brainer there.
Why release new hardware after the holiday season when they can get that new, premium-priced hardware on shelves for the holiday shopping blitz? No-brainer there.

I think there are several no-brainer paths to take with Drake, and also several yes-brainer paths
Yeah I wasn’t trying to say @Uncle Squingis was wrong or anything, just that there are several paths this new hardware can take from now to release, in several different release windows, and there are pros and cons for each path, with no one really having an big strategic advantage over the other.

Fuck it, what if we got a treehouse live day with segments on Mario Kart wave 2, Splatoon 3, XC3, Bayonetta 3, ScarVi, and Metroid Prime HD, opening with the announcement.

If there was a first-party Direct in July, wouldn’t at least some third parties be pissed Nintendo didn’t communicate this with them for the chance of contracts being changed so they could be put into the bigger, far more appealing show?

Treehouse Live negates all of that, it’s just Nintendo showing off a very small selection of games that are of highest priority. I think a first-party showcase in July would make it a lot more obvious Nintendo just didn’t wanna be lumped into Geoff’s show, and honestly just look bad in, “general” (HA).

I’m not expecting any Direct outside of Splatoon 3 and Indie World presentations in August until at least like, September

Gotta be honest, with inflation, energy prices, and potential downward trend in economy, I would hold off on my new hardware and ride with the cheaper model for the holidays. Enthusiasts will buy whenever I think, but the Christmas family shopping time would probably be better to have the best value proposition. I could be way off though and I’m sure Nintendo has lots of marketing/business people that have this all under consideration.

Gotta be honest, with inflation, energy prices, and potential downward trend in economy, I would hold off on my new hardware and ride with the cheaper model for the holidays. Enthusiasts will buy whenever I think, but the Christmas family shopping time would probably be better to have the best value proposition. I could be way off though and I’m sure Nintendo has lots of marketing/business people that have this all under consideration.
On one hand, you’re right on all counts

on the other hand, I want the new model now so they should sell it to me asap

On one hand, you’re right on all counts

on the other hand, I want the new model now so they should sell it to me asap
I usually tend to wait for any issues. The red ring of death from the 360 days made me paranoid in that regard but I’m getting this thing first chance I get ASAP. Nintendo hardware is usually trustworthy compared to the other two anyway

We really ex

Why are you coming to this conclusion?
Jon Cartwright already taught us this lesson with WaddleDeeKnows. Wouldn’t be surprising at all if this is just another part of that lesson.

Would be incredible if each member of GVG had a burner lol

If there is something First Party in July, you have to be sure that not much people will know about it, the reason why so many people knew about this Direct is because it was a Partner.

Am not buying this new Twitter insiders anymore, only one who has proven right is Snitch. Sylux just looks like another "I want to be famous" insider. What a coincidence he said that it's a Partner few hours after Nate confirmed it first.

EDIT: This is a one example.

He said day before the Direct that Splatoon 3 is scheduled for June. It could be, but then day after that, Direct happened and Strikers was dated as June release. So Splatoon would never ever be released in June. And as we know it was 98% planned as a July release with Xeno3 as a September, they just switched spots, this is obvious and no one could say otherwise.

Last edited:
Am not buying this new Twitter insiders anymore, only one who has proven right is Snitch. Sylux just looks like another "I want to be famous" insider. What a coincidence he said that it's a Partner few hours after Nate confirmed it first.
I mean now they will have a chance to prove themselves with Bayo 3 release date, let's just wait, I don't trust them, but I also don't like accusing people of being liars without proof, is better to just wait.

We really ex

Why are you coming to this conclusion?
So yesterday Steve tweeted that he couldn't believe that WaddleDeeKnows had more followers than him, and then Jon Cartwright replied with something along the lines of him needing to share juciy scoops. Maybe its another prank on their end.

Or maybe Samus Hunter is managing both accounts? Wouldn't put it past them since they're clearly deranged.

Nintendo has also been doing a bigger Jan/Feb game (or two) lately, so something could always be announced for that window too. Games like Arceus and 3D World hit early in the year lately.

Nintendo has also been doing a bigger Jan/Feb game (or two) lately, so something could always be announced for that window too. Games like Arceus and 3D World hit early in the year lately.
Smells like a good place to put Bayo 3 if it’s not gonna make Halloween tbh

Smells like a good place to put Bayo 3 if it’s not gonna make Halloween tbh
Bayo 3 is not 'big' enough, we are talking about 5m+ sellers at least when it comes to the big Q1 games. It could release Q1 (like Triangle Strategy did) but it wouldn't the big game, new FE (or DK 😳 ) will probably be the big game.

This will definitely be on their mind, but my core concern would be the fact the economy is likely to be even worse this time next year...!

I'm not entirely convinced a new Switch is coming this side of 2024 anyway. I'm still thinking an OLED Switch Lite to keep the price point low enough but still improve the offer.

Are we seriously hyping up a July direct? Is there any evidence right now outside of Jeff's random speculations?
you-can-fill-the-void-in-your-heart-with-shopping-lets-go-shopping.gif

This but replace "shopping" with "July Direct speculation"

EDIT: This is a one example.

He said day before the Direct that Splatoon 3 is scheduled for June. It could be, but then day after that, Direct happened and Strikers was dated as June release. So Splatoon would never ever be released in June. And as we know it was 98% planned as a July release with Xeno3 as a September, they just switched spots, this is obvious and no one could say otherwise.

Yup. Splatoon was never gonna be a June title. Always July. How you gonna pretend to be an insider and mess up such a small detail lol. Don’t forget that Three Hopes was also June.

I’m guessing this is the same as Waddle Dee knows. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just Samushunter themselves.

Awww Nintendo Twitter leakers. Get a new one every know and then. Anyone remember Marcus Steller? (Spelling?)

With the FF Pixel Remasters not showing in the Partner Direct, do you still think they have a chance of coming to Switch?
I still think it is a matter of when, not if. At this point though Square seems to be taking their sweet time so who the heck knows when it will get announced, let alone released.

Just been thinking about it and the biggest thing to me is that - june was just logical for first parties beyond just being E3 time.

We’ve got Mario Kart tracks needing to be revealed and dated (I don’t think they go another two months without any), Bayonetta 3 needing to be dated, and the second half of the year lineup to be finalized and set

So now for me, all that stuff still needs to happen in the very near future. So I just shift the prediction to July. It could even be Twitter drops, it just needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom