• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, here's a nice thought: it was called Partner Showcase | 6.28.2022, not Partner Showcase | June 2022

981bdd854049725d3bf6afa45f061af9.gif

We can't be far away from a new presentation right? Like a Splatoon direct. Don't think they would just drop a trailer and call it a day.
Should be in August going by past Directs, possibly very late in the month

Splatoon Direct - 33 minutes / May 7, 2015 (21 days before launch)
Splatoon 2 Direct - 27 minutes / July 6, 2017 (15 days before launch)

Should be in August going by past Directs, possibly very late in the month

Splatoon Direct - 33 minutes / May 7, 2015 (21 days before launch)
Splatoon 2 Direct - 27 minutes / July 6, 2017 (15 days before launch)
Oh right Splatoon is releasing in september, not august. totally mixed it up. my bad.

I was quite busy with my new job that I missed a lot of discussion. Rumblings for a July direct. Can someone point me to the right direction?

The 28th makes very little sense which honestly makes it slightly more likely in my eyes

They would just put it right after Mario + Rabbids in what looks to be the most crowded month of the year. No wonder Kamiya is potentially pissed
Well September would make even more sense in that regard since he literally talked about people deciding to go for Splatoon 3 over Bayo 3 in a tweet.

We’ll erm…Grubb’s Rumbles told him of a first party something so
When did he say this? Stuff has been moving so fast here lately that I can't really keep up :p .

With Grubb I often have difficulty telling what's speculation and what's genuine rumbling. But so far his "multiple directs instead of one big one" has been correct, so rumble away I guess!

The pronunciation of doraemon really threw me off.. i always thought it was doh-ray-mon
Do-ra-ae-mon is the official pronunciation. But I feel like the narrator have a hard time saying it lol.

I dunno about other countries, but in Thailand "Doh-ray-mon" used to be the most popular pronunciation due to some manga release and the anime airing on TV used that for the longest time.

When did he say this? Stuff has been moving so fast here lately that I can't really keep up :p .

With Grubb I often have difficulty telling what's speculation and what's genuine rumbling. But so far his "multiple directs instead of one big one" has been correct, so rumble away I guess!

He’s phrasing things nearly the same as the “multiple small things” statements he made in the past. It sounds speculative, but considering Nate had also heard but wasn’t able to confirm something similar, it’s worth humoring for the moment.

12:30 if you’re curious

Do-ra-ae-mon is the official pronunciation. But I feel like the narrator have a hard time saying it lol.

I dunno about other countries, but in Thailand "Doh-ray-mon" used to be the most popular pronunciation due to some manga release and the anime airing on TV used that for the longest time.
Meanwhile, I guess I'd never heard "Nier Automata" said out loud before because that blew my mind. I assumed it was pronounced like "Automaton" without the n, but the narrator said "Otta-Motta" and I about fainted.

He’s phrasing things nearly the same as the “multiple small things” statements he made in the past. It sounds speculative, but considering Nate had also heard but wasn’t able to confirm something similar, it’s worth humoring for the moment.

12:30 if you’re curious

Thanks Karmitt. Yeah that sounds like speculation, but it also makes some sense. Sounds like separate videos for Bayo, Mario Kart, Prime and Splatoon - like what's happened with Xeno and Rabbids.

It's either that (which would likely mean no Zelda 2 news again because they'd want to highlight games that are closer to release) or saving these all for a hardware announcement. The latter also makes sense, and there's some smoke in the Future Hardware speculation thread, but that smoke could also be for early next year.

Thanks for clarifying!

Jokes aside, just how many games were announced for October? Cause it felt like too damn many
That always happens Q4 is usually the most busy period of the year for sales, Nintendo always releases their big game on October/November for example for that reason (Pokemon slot is almost always November)

Did Waddle Dee Knows teach us nothing?
That’s actually my prediction for the release date lol. But if you look at their account they’ve gotten several things right since February. Not saying they couldn’t have deleted tweets and stuff but they’ve been spot on with everything they said so far

I mean the only things that make sense thus far in terms of a Direct in July

-Splatoon 3 Direct

-General Direct Mini

-Botw 2 direct + New hardware presentation

-New hardware presentation

or literally nothing till September, but I find it hard to believe considering how many rumors and peeps are speculating around the month of July.

Perhaps we get a Zelda focused direct? But I won’t hold my breath for that. But if they did I could see them showing Botw 2, HD port for this year, and amiibos.

Or literally they could just twitter drop Bayo 3, Metroid Prime HD etc.

All in all, I love the curveball this year its been hilarious speculating with all of you nutcases.

I've kind of lost track, how many holiday slots (October/November/December) are still open for an unannounced 1st party or Nintendo branded IP partner game?

Looks like M+R SoH will take up one of those slots, and we have Pokemon (though that's technically not NIntendo). We thought XBC3 was going to be a holiday title but it's coming this summer. so winter rerleases still look relatively open for a couple of more unannounced Nintendo titles?

I've kind of lost track, how many holiday slots (October/November/December) are still open for an unannounced 1st party or Nintendo branded IP partner game?

Looks like M+R SoH will take up one of those slots, and we have Pokemon (though that's technically not NIntendo). We thought XBC3 was going to be a holiday title but it's coming this summer. so winter rerleases still look relatively open for a couple of more unannounced Nintendo titles?
I'd look at the final third of the year for further announcements:

September 9th: Splatoon 3
October 20th: Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
November 18th: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
December 9th: Dragon Quest Treasures

I'd argue, in terms of 'big titles' (games that will sell 5 million plus), that's your lot (Splatoon, Mario, Pokemon). That being said, there's a large gap between Splatoon 3 and Mario + Rabbids, and another gap until Pokemon. I've included DQ Treasures because it's Switch-exclusive and almost guaranteed to be published by Nintendo internationally; that could well be the last title to launch ahead of Christmas. There's a bit of room between Pokemon and Dragon Quest, but I think the likelier windows that will have further games are between September 9th and October 20th, and then October 20th to November 18th.

Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime HD would fit in well; right now Nintendo have nailed the all-ages brands and have their big sellers lined up.

September has Splatoon, October has Mario + Rabbids, November has Pokemon. December is, as far as I know, still empty, as is August I believe. With the exception of Metroid Prime Remakestered, which has been definitively claimed by trusted people to be coming this holiday, we kinda know their (admittedly pretty lean) lineup from now to year’s end already. If MP1HD is December, put a fork in Nintendo‘s 2022 schedule because it’s done.

That all said, I do think they’ve got stuff to tell us in the near future. July Direct? Maybe.

September has Splatoon, October has Mario + Rabbids, November has Pokemon. December is, as far as I know, still empty, as is August I believe. With the exception of Metroid Prime Remakestered, which has been definitively claimed by trusted people to be coming this holiday, we kinda know their (admittedly pretty lean) lineup from now to year’s end already. If MP1HD is December, put a fork in Nintendo‘s 2022 schedule because it’s done.

That all said, I do think they’ve got stuff to tell us in the near future. July Direct? Maybe.
That’s not even lean. Even without third parties most consoles would beg for a lineup like that. And then you’ve got third party thrown in like DQT being a december exclusive

Gotta drop horse in august to let it die.

That’s not even lean. Even without third parties most consoles would beg for a lineup like that. And then you’ve got third party thrown in like DQT being a december exclusive
Sorry maybe “lean” wasn’t the word I wanted to use. Hmmmm it’s good! It’s a good line up. I had admittedly forgotten about DQ Treasures, that’s on me. I suppose throwing in Persona 5 in October as well, the line up is pretty great.

Uh is this the evolved version of SamusHunter?

Anyway that isn't really a hard guess with knowing that the game is dated for this year, a lot of people predicting it for october and some people who should know stuff saying that they are expecting more infos soon.

Of course it isn't 100% certain that we'll get it this year, but I still think it's very likely.

tbh I’m still kinda thinking there’s a July direct with new hardware and at least one showcase game, could be Metroid in 4K!??!?!?!?!

I’m confident but also kinda dumb so I might be wrong!

If Nintendo’s new strategy is “release new casual-focused hardware with Zelda (BOTW with Switch, Link’s Awakening with Lite) and premium deluxe hardware with Metroid (Dread with OLED, Prime with Pro)“ then you know what!!!! I’m okay with that!!!!!

tbh I’m still kinda thinking there’s a July direct with new hardware and at least one showcase game, could be Metroid in 4K!??!?!?!?!

It's Pokémon. The whole past-future theme of the new games is actually old Switch - new Switch features. Play on Drake, you get the hot male professor. Play on regular, you get the hot female professor.

Metroid will be 900p and you'll love all 1440000 blurry pixels.

Metroid will be 900p and you'll love all 1440000 blurry pixels.
Fam if they got that DLSS juice?!?!?!?! THAT TASTY JUICE?????? FAM you’re gonna COUNT PORES on SAMUS’S FACE when it reflects in that visor YOU KNOW THE EFFECT I’m TALKING ABOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom