• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Oct. makes the most sense for Bayo. November is almost certainly MPHD and Pokemon, August is too soon, and September is Splatoon. Bayo and M+R really don't need to worry about hurting each other since the audiences are so different. Not sure if I 100% believe the leaker, but October sounds right.

Pretty good lineup all things considered, and this is excluding games that were only shown in the Japanese showcase (some of which i'm pretty excited for too).

direct.png

Again, the absence of Tactics Ogre has me wondering when or where it will show up now. Then there's the LIVE A LIVE Treehouse video with higher production values than previous one-off Treehoue segments (Smash Ultimate in November 2018, Paper Mario / Bakugan in 2020). I don't want to take it as a sign that the July Direct rumblings have some weight, but...

Was just playing Bloodborne earlier, and now I’m imagining a sequel called Foodborne where all the enemies are contaminated monster hamburgers and cauliflower and stuff.

Get on it, From Software. Add some ultrahard Golden Corral DLC.
Hahaha, that would be fantastic. The final boss: 'McRib, That Which Should Not Be'

This concern over ports on the Switch is so strange to me; when the Persona games were announced for XBox and PC earlier this month people were tripping over themselves, but now that they're coming to the Switch it's nothing to get excited about. Imagine if you said the same thing to people who were excited that Octopath Traveler was coming to XBox, but then again that was probably different because the game was being "saved" from the Switch.

Again, the absence of Tactics Ogre has me wondering when or where it will show up now. Then there's the LIVE A LIVE Treehouse video with higher production values than previous one-off Treehoue segments (Smash Ultimate in November 2018, Paper Mario / Bakugan in 2020). I don't want to take it as a sign that the July Direct rumblings have some weight, but...
I feel there are more signs for a Switch Pro showcase than anything else. This direct had none of the upcoming and rumored "miracle ports": Batman Arkham Knight, Kingdom Come, Humankind, Midnight Suns, Remnant and Hogwarts Legacy. They could do a full showcase where they detail the new iteration and those miracle ports and how they perform better on it. Including first party stuff including Bayo 3 and Pokémon SV. There should be 1-2 exclusives too.

This concern over ports on the Switch is so strange to me; when the Persona games were announced for XBox and PC earlier this month people were tripping over themselves, but now that they're coming to the Switch it's nothing to get excited about. Imagine if you said the same thing to people who were excited that Octopath Traveler was coming to XBox, but then again that was probably different because the game was being "saved" from the Switch.
6l73qs.jpg

if the switch gets something unique that's tailor made for it everyone starts screeching about porting it to a real console. if it doesn't it's a port machine. can't win one way or the other.

I just have fun and enjoy the games that come. I wish the switch was an even bigger port machine as someone who skipped out on the PS4 generation and didn’t play much of the late 360/ps3 stuff.

I welcome ports. I haven't played many of these games that are coming over such as Nier, Portal, Persona. The more the merrier.

I lost interest in gaming for a while, before getting the Switch. So there's loads of titles I've missed out on.

Switch is the only console thus far where you can play all these games natively (a) on a half-pound 8 inch device (Switch Lite) or (b) on a hybrid device with an OLED display. That has its own value imo.

(I guess you could flash Windows onto an Ayn Odin or something, but the performance is worse lol)

Last edited:
Well before the Xbox showcase happened, the Persona games were leaked as coming to Switch, Xbox and PC. Them being announced at the Xbox showcase semi-confirmed the leak so it wasn't as surprising (in my opinion anyway). I'm still glad to see it, bring on the ports! (as long as they run well!)

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I see more people complaining about people complaining about the ports than people actually complaining about the ports.

Most people with switches are happy to be able to play some of their favorite games portable for the first time (Steam deck is a relatively niche product, coming from someone who likes PC) .

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I see more people complaining about people complaining about the ports than people actually complaining about the ports.

Most people with switches are happy to be able to play some of their favorite games portable for the first time (Steam deck is a relatively niche product, coming from someone who likes PC) .

Never understood this. Nintendo finally getting a lot of 3rd party support and it's a bad thing?

Pretty good lineup all things considered, and this is excluding games that were only shown in the Japanese showcase (some of which i'm pretty excited for too).

direct.png

If there is a Direct next month, I wonder what the third-party presence will be like after this show. I have to imagine it will be less than a typical general... but I would guess it won't just be first-party stuff... right?

Has there ever been a non-game-specific Direct that was just first-party stuff?

If there is a Direct next month, I wonder what the third-party presence will be like after this show. I have to imagine it will be less than a typical general... but I would guess it won't just be first-party stuff... right?

Has there ever been a non-game-specific Direct that was just first-party stuff?
Yeah, most of the Directs in the Wii U / 3DS era lol

oof

also lol

Seriously though someone mentioned something earlier about an old series of Directs called "Nintendo Spotlight" or something? Were those first party only?
No. The E3 2017 had rocket league at least (I went and scanned through one). Must just have been their direct branding for certain shows

oof

also lol

Seriously though someone mentioned something earlier about an old series of Directs called "Nintendo Spotlight" or something? Were those first party only?
The only Nintendo Spotlight I can find is E3 2017. I think it was trying to brand the presentation and gear more towards the traditional E3 Presentation

Question 3 There are titles that haven't released new titles for a long time about Nintendo's IP in the past, but are there any plans for new titles or remakes? There are popular titles such as F-ZERO and Batten Kaitos (a list of other titles).

Takahashi: Regarding the remakes of various past works, I'm thinking about how to make new and old things interesting in a wide range. I had a similar question before. At that time, I happened to have a plan to remake. So I talked about it, but there are some things I can't say right now. It's not a remake, but the video of the title in the second half of this year ... (Video) "

Question 5 About the Chinese business Nintendo used the IQue brand, but recently has partnered with Tencent. There is also an opinion that IQue may have been the source of information leaks. I would like to ask risk management of information leakage.

Furukawa: "The market for PC games and mobile games in China is large, but game machines are not very large. We would like to continue to spread it with Tencent. We are dealing with information leaks with experts. We have also introduced information security management. "

Question 7 (Kirby fan) (In honor of Kirby's success) This time it's not about Kirby, but Fire Emblem Heroes (smartphone) may be destroying the world view of Fire Emblem (hereinafter, dissatisfaction).

Furukawa "Thank you for Kirby. Thank you for your valuable feedback from FE Heroes. We cannot always answer all your wishes. We are developing multiple mobile apps. Switch is becoming popular to spread Nintendo IP. We also offer it in areas where there is no such thing. "

Wait that remake question, is the last sentence alluding to prime? What second half of the year title is he talking about?

direct.png

There is some great stuff, Switch third party selection has become pretty good.

Wait that remake question, is the last sentence alluding to prime? What second half of the year title is he talking about?
a guy asked for those games
F-ZERO
Batten Kaitos
Wario Land
Bells ring for frogs
Card Hero
Chosouju Mecha MG

looks like takahashi said one of those gonna be announced this year and its not a remake but a sequel

a guy asked for those games
F-ZERO
Batten Kaitos
Wario Land
Bells ring for frogs
Card Hero
Chosouju Mecha MG

looks like takahashi said one of those gonna be announced this year and its not a remake but a sequel
This could be big news, it's such a random mention though. huh. I hope it pans out and isn't some sort of misunderstanding on the fly

This could be big news, it's such a random mention though. huh. I hope it pans out and isn't some sort of misunderstanding on the fly
it could be a mistranslation but even then

"I got information from another shareholder that Miyamoto and Mr. Takahashi looked happy when I was naming the titles I wanted to see sequels released during the Q&A session."
at least one of the games got an reaction

It is a misunderstanding. I already explained what he said in another thread.

It's a non-answer. "I'm always thinking about how we can make old and new works interesting today". Last year we were asked a similar thing and we had something like that coming (Skyward Sword and BDSP?), but this time we don't. "These aren't remakes, but here's a video of titles releasing later this year" (and then they showed Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3 and Pokemon SV trailers).

It is a misunderstanding. I already explained what he said in another thread.
Thank you, that's rather unfortunate but oh well. At least it shows peoples interest in older IPs in person, not sure if that'll cause anything but it certainly won't hurt.

direct.png

July makes sense and your post has 13 yeahs which is a Wednesday and lines up with what we've been hearing

sorry I can't yeah it out of superstition but yeahing it from here!
edit: yeahs went up to 14, so I could yeah it now!

Last edited:
If there's a Direct before summer, it'll be for revealing Metroid Prime and Fire Emblem and giving updates for other games. There sure will be third party games to fill it up, namely Tactics Ogre.

But if this Drake reveal happens before it, we're in for a bigger and more explosive showcase.

direct.png

I love the variety 🙌

I personally didn’t enjoy it that much but this partner showcase seems to be (mostly) better received than the others. Maybe puts tinfoil hat on this was Nintendo’s plan all along: to "redeem" Partner Directs.

In all seriousness, when we first had them O thought they could serve as good fillers inbetween the regular Directs. Hopefully that’s how they will be used in the future.

Also, what happened to that El Shaddai port? They promised to talk about it in the coming months, so far nothing. I want my weird ass slasher back.

Lollipop Chainsaw is another expected title but I guess it's too early for that. The publisher is just established, it could take some time.

I never got to play Portal except for the a minutes worth but playing it now and its pretty awesome. Just having it on a portable changes everything for me. That's how I look at a lot of these late ports. Every classic or late port is like a new game for me.

We can't be far away from a new presentation right? Like a Splatoon direct. Don't think they would just drop a trailer and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom