• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

So are we expecting Metroid prime 4 to be graphically similar to MP1 Remake or even better?
I think Prime 4 will look better as maybe in more realistic because, while the scope and mechanics really do Remastered a favor to make it a great graphical showcase, they still aimed to retain the aesthetic of Prime 1, and that aesthetic was made with GameCube capabilities in mind.
With 4 they can go as wild as they want with enemy and terrain design, and aim for more realism because they'll be doing an all new game. Only caveat that can bring is resolution, like it being dynamic 720-1080p instead of a locked 900p. Even with that, I think they can go for something like a reconstructed 1080p like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 did.

So are we expecting Metroid prime 4 to be graphically similar to MP1 Remake or even better?
I would expect it will look a little better, being build from the ground up on the hardware, but the Remaster is definitely a good baseline expectation.

It can depend on a lot of htings. Part of what lets the Remaster look so pretty is that the environmental size is relatively limited (being smaller than either of its sequels in any given load zone) and there's just less geometry and effects for it to deal with. MP4 could look this good, but it might need to make comrpomises for increased scale or what have you

I would expect Prime Remastered to be the Baseline for what to expect from Prime 4.
The Switch doesn't even break a sweat with this. Moreover, this remaster was allegedly finished 2 years ago, so it has none of the optimization or engine development we'll see in Prime 4.

I would expect Prime Remastered to be the Baseline for what to expect from Prime 4.
The Switch doesn't even break a sweat with this. Moreover, this remaster was allegedly finished 2 years ago, so it has none of the optimization or engine development we'll see in Prime 4.
Great points.

I'm losing my mind trying to find the last missile expansion. 😭

It's got me like:

maxresdefault12pwdvx.jpg

I feel like I've been in every room that has an expansion with the music down and I hear nothing.

16:19, 70% completion. Masterpiece. Can't wait to go for 100% on Hard sometime.

How does scanning work in a new file? Will it save my scans from my last mission if I start a new game on the completed file?

16:19, 70% completion. Masterpiece. Can't wait to go for 100% on Hard sometime.

How does scanning work in a new file? Will it save my scans from my last mission if I start a new game on the completed file?
It should save scans if I am remembering correctly.

It's the little things that make Prime so special.
The way rain and steam collect on your visor. The way bright light reflects Samus's face on the inside of it. The way the X-ray vision reveals the bones in Samus's arm. The way every crack in the Choro ruins is unique instead of just a few different ones copy/pasted around.
Even today, very few games have such a meticulous attention to detail, it's really something special.

I'm losing my mind trying to find the last missile expansion. 😭

It's got me like:

maxresdefault12pwdvx.jpg

I feel like I've been in every room that has an expansion with the music down and I hear nothing.

My list two were hilariously simple and I managed to completely overlook them. There's another that seems tricky to most users, too.

1. Was where you get Charge Beam. There's a dip in the previously toxic water. Go in it and there is a missile expansion
2. Was where you get the Morph Ball. On the half pipe, one side of it has a bomb spot with ... I think a missile? I forget. Super annoying because I went the other way to get the Wave Beam add on and never went the other way, lol
3. Forget the exact room in Chozo Ruins, but there is a morph ball tunnel covered with leaves right before a door that is super easy to overlook.

My list two were hilariously simple and I managed to completely overlook them. There's another that seems tricky to most users, too.

1. Was where you get Charge Beam. There's a dip in the previously toxic water. Go in it and there is a missile expansion
2. Was where you get the Morph Ball. On the half pipe, one side of it has a bomb spot with ... I think a missile? I forget. Super annoying because I went the other way to get the Wave Beam add on and never went the other way, lol
3. Forget the exact room in Chozo Ruins, but there is a morph ball tunnel covered with leaves right before a door that is super easy to overlook.
I actually got all of those already. 😅 I swear I'm gonna go crazy, I've been in like, every room in Phazon Mines and Chozo Ruins. Pretty sure I got all the ones in Tallon Overworld and Magmoor Caverns, so it's gotta be somewhere in Phendrana Drifts.

I actually got all of those already. 😅 I swear I'm gonna go crazy, I've been in like, every room in Phazon Mines and Chozo Ruins. Pretty sure I got all the ones in Tallon Overworld and Magmoor Caverns, so it's gotta be somewhere in Phendrana Drifts.
The only missile expansion I was initially missing in my playthrough was in the Pirate Research Facility, so maybe we both somehow missed the same one?

The only missile expansion I was initially missing in my playthrough was in the Pirate Research Facility, so maybe we both somehow missed the same one?
I'm pretty sure I've been through every room in that place twice. I'm thinking the one I missed is somewhere in the ass-end of the map, near the gravity suit (but not in that same room, I got that one).

I'm pretty sure I've been through every room in that place twice. I'm thinking the one I missed is somewhere in the ass-end of the map, near the gravity suit (but not in that same room, I got that one).

There are few in Phendrana that need shoot plasma beam in hide spots, and one that needed shoot a stalactite for break a hole in a lake frozen.

Quoting again because I FOUND IT and it was indeed in the Pirate Research Facility, specifically the one you need super missiles to get (in Research Lab Hydra). So if that's the one then we did indeed miss the same one, haha.

Anyway, time to get Meta Ridley and then finish up the game.

Quoting again because I FOUND IT and it was indeed in the Pirate Research Facility, specifically the one you need super missiles to get (in Research Lab Hydra). So if that's the one then we did indeed miss the same one, haha.

Awesome! On my last items I actually turned the music off so I could hear the item hum easier, lol.

THAT’S THE EXACT ONE holy crap

And that's the game, 100% items, 95% scans, 14:21 completion time. What an absolute joy to revisit this game, looking better than ever and still playing great. I actually don't think the game needs any sort of fast travel, personally. The world is well designed and not huge, so I don't mind backtracking through it. The only changes I'd make are adding some way to know on the map that you've gotten everything in the room (maybe like Resident Evil, where the whole room changes color once it has no items available), and connect Phendrana Drifts to the rest of the world a bit better.

I also really enjoyed the final boss, it was really fun this time for me. Meta Ridley is kind of annoying and dull as a fight though.

Awesome! On my last items I actually turned the music off so I could hear the item hum easier, lol.
Haha, I turned the music down to about half volume (I just can't give it up, it's too good), and played in handheld mode with headphones before I finally found it.
THAT’S THE EXACT ONE holy crap
Great minds miss the exact same Metroid Prime upgrade, I guess, haha. To be fair, that room is overwhelmed by Metroid (the actual creatures) noises so it was hard to pick up even with headphones and the music down. What also doesn't help is that the room is full of Space Pirates, so I would get distracted by those, and by the time they were dead I was far enough away that I couldn't hear the item sound.

I finally finished the remaster.

Honestly at first i thought i would end up liking it way more due to the great revamp of the visuals. It didn't happen, underneath it is still the same GC game, and Metroid Prime is a bore.

It follows the formula to the brim. I just hope this sells well so we can get remaster of its more interesting sequels.

If he’s directly above the PB on detonation, all of his weak points will shatter instantly

and even if he’s not directly above but still nearby, you’ll get a couple instantly
Well, unfortunately I’m out of power bombs at the save point.

It feels so clunky trying to shoot super missiles, and for some reason he totally keeps batting them away. I only have 120 missiles, but I use them up crazy fast and so many are wasted.

I almost beat him first try, down to a sliver of health.

Edit: Finally bested him. But barely.

Last edited:

Honestly at first i thought i would end up liking it way more due to the great revamp of the visuals. It didn't happen, underneath it is still the same GC game, and Metroid Prime is a bore.

It follows the formula to the brim. I just hope this sells well so we can get remaster of its more interesting sequels.
Yup… corruption is the best in my opinion. That game just need better animation.
That’s really the best prime game. A true 10/10

Wrapped this up this morning! Just over 13 hours, 73% completion. As many others have said, sort of incredible how well this game holds up after 20 years. Aside from the too-frequent enemy spawns toward the end of the game, I wouldn't change a thing.

Got into relief printing while playing through this and my first block in many years ended up being...Metroid! Printing it after finishing the game felt like a nice way to cap it all off.

6jCZB6r.png

Wrapped this up this morning! Just over 13 hours, 73% completion. As many others have said, sort of incredible how well this game holds up after 20 years. Aside from the too-frequent enemy spawns toward the end of the game, I wouldn't change a thing.

Got into relief printing while playing through this and my first block in many years ended up being...Metroid! Printing it after finishing the game felt like a nice way to cap it all off.

6jCZB6r.png
That's awesome! I'm trusting the relief printing process too now 🙂

I probably won’t scour the whole map for upgrades. Just run around getting the last energy tanks, and pick up the missiles I find along the way. Oh, and I’ve still got like 7 artifacts before I head into the last couple of bosses.

Yep.

I'm nearing the end of the game and i just think it's a great, great game. I'm not generally a fan of first-person games (this will be one of the handful i've actually completed) and while i still prefer Dread over this, it was an awesome experience all around. The atmosphere, the feeling of playing it, the scenarios, the boss fights, the puzzles, the platforming, it was top-notch gameplay to me.

I agree with the criticism regarding the absence of checkpoints and fast travelling, it is definitely frustrating in some parts, though the challenge feels rewarding too. Hope Prime 2 and 3 are in the works and Metroid 6 too.

Y’all had my all hyped up for the Phazon mines to power bomb section and I didn’t have any problems at all. I think I had like seven energy tanks when I was going through the electric maze. Are you guys just charging into rooms and headlong into enemies?

I think I did a sequence breaking, can somebody confirm if so?

I barely entered Magmor Caverns and found the transport to Phendrana Drifts and got the Morph Ball Boost.

Someone correct me please but I don't think the Primes had any sequence breaks that aren't basically glitches/out of bounds shenanigans? Other than the early space jump one?

Someone correct me please but I don't think the Primes had any sequence breaks that aren't basically glitches/out of bounds shenanigans? Other than the early space jump one?
The original Gamecube version of Prime 1 had tons, even if you exclude out of bounds stuff, mostly due to abusing the jump mechanics and scan dashing. Which don’t really feel like glitches, exactly (or very mild ones), just how the original mechanics worked and using them to get places early.

Prime Remastered seems much more buttoned up and the only sequence breaks I know of are early space jump boots (just not quite as early as in the original) and some early artifacts like early Pirate Research Artifact, but while those are nice they don’t really feel as fun or useful.

Unless you mean sequence breaks that are actually purposely included and intended by the devs, in which case I don’t think there are any

I have everything I need to jump into the final bosses, but only 150 missiles. That enough?

Y’all had my all hyped up for the Phazon mines to power bomb section and I didn’t have any problems at all. I think I had like seven energy tanks when I was going through the electric maze. Are you guys just charging into rooms and headlong into enemies?

It was much harder on Gamecube. The controls make this remaster significantly easier. Though it definitely pushes back a lot harder on Hard mode.

The original Gamecube version of Prime 1 had tons, even if you exclude out of bounds stuff, mostly due to abusing the jump mechanics and scan dashing. Which don’t really feel like glitches, exactly (or very mild ones), just how the original mechanics worked and using them to get places early.

Prime Remastered seems much more buttoned up and the only sequence breaks I know of are early space jump boots (just not quite as early as in the original) and some early artifacts like early Pirate Research Artifact, but while those are nice they don’t really feel as fun or useful.

Unless you mean sequence breaks that are actually purposely included and intended by the devs, in which case I don’t think there are any
hm yea somewhere in between dev-intended and clipping through geometry/hopping over triggers is what I meant sorta. basically if it's something that ends up being patched, I don't really count it.

It was much harder on Gamecube. The controls make this remaster significantly easier. Though it definitely pushes back a lot harder on Hard mode.

Sure, but I figured all of the people talking about it in the last few pages are playing Remastered and not Gamecube lol.

Definitely easier to potshot space pirates from the top of the room.

The early space jump is going to Talon after getting the morph ball boost and doing the half pipe or is that the order you'd get it anyways?

- Huge nitpick warning -

I'm not a big fan of the new ice beam look overall.
The shots are much less visible imo, the canon becomes frozen way too early and the charge effect itself looks weird, like, why would they remove that nice looking blue sphere from the original?
Side view of the GC look below:

Maybe there's actually an issue like a missing effect, if that's the case I hope it gets patched.
All other beams' look pretty much perfect imo so it's annoying lol
(at least the frozen canon looks better)

Not that it really impacts me since I played it digitally, but my physical copy from best buy says it will ship by tomorrow. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I feel like release day delivery from Best Buy and Amazon Prime (USA) used to be much more consistent. I looked up a lot of games available for pre-order on those sites and most of them said "ships by release date" while very few said "release date delivery."

That whole thing is a bit off topic, but it does connect to what many have experienced with purchasing Metroid Prime Remastered online. I've seen a lot of pictures where Amazon updated the delivery to March or April. I hope everyone who held out for the physical edition can find one sooner rather than later!

Not that it really impacts me since I played it digitally, but my physical copy from best buy says it will ship by tomorrow. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I feel like release day delivery from Best Buy and Amazon Prime (USA) used to be much more consistent. I looked up a lot of games available for pre-order on those sites and most of them said "ships by release date" while very few said "release date delivery."

That whole thing is a bit off topic, but it does connect to what many have experienced with purchasing Metroid Prime Remastered online. I've seen a lot of pictures where Amazon updated the delivery to March or April. I hope everyone who held out for the physical edition can find one sooner rather than later!
I realize this is completely anecdotal, but today also saw Like a Dragon: Ishin!'s release, and Best Buy had the game on my doorstep around noon. I'm guessing release date delivery may depend upon one's location, among a range of other factors.

Hoping folks here don't experience too much trouble, in aiming to acquire a copy of Prime Remastered!

My copy and Like A Dragon Ishin are coming tomorrow from Best Buy in two separate packages. I think the holiday disrupted them here. Generally I get everything on release day from them.

Back
Top Bottom