• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

I’m in the mines, close to the Power Bomb, and I just want to save the game!

I’m so paranoid about turning my game off, and something stupid happening to lose my progress.
There's a save room right next to the Power Bomb room. Ice Beam door.

Metroid Prime 3 does deserve an extensive overhaul at the very least when it comes to its character animations, especially in the human(oid) character department. Gandrayda still gives me nightmares... And that's not even counting the enemy readjusting needed to take into account the new dual stick control scheme.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm hoping they give Prime 2 & 3 the same amount of love if not more (voice acting for Luminoth/Galactic Federation logs on 2, basically all "cinematic" aspects of Prime 3, including the disturbingly uncanny valley looking humans/Gandreyda). I don't care if that means we end up getting Prime 4 first before 2 & 3!
Theres so much to improve in mp3 due to it being a more ambitious game than the previous two.

I wonder if they will ask for the original VA's to return. It will be exciting to get troy baker and chris sabat back.

Son of a gun. I was so close.

I’m too lazy to get up from bed now, but it’s good that I’m so close.
Yup, just be careful not to accidentally pass it. On one side of the room is some rubble you can destroy with a Power Bomb, and the save room is on the opposite end.

It's interesting just how short this game feels to me now compared to when it first came out. Obviously I know it backward and forward so I'll be able to beat it much quicker than someone who's new to it, but even so, I did a 100% run in under 10 hours. The back half in particular tied up much faster than I was expecting.

Yup, just be careful not to accidentally pass it. On one side of the room is some rubble you can destroy with a Power Bomb, and the save room is on the opposite end.
I did get out of bed and just progress. I was super close.

Feels good to make it through that section.

I can't believe I was just actually playing this game. The fact if feels like a dream to play this game made me play it horribly and I couldn't even get to the first checkpoint lol!!
Think I'mma go sleep so tomorrow I'll actually believe I bought the game to really enjoy it.
But if feels great controlling Samus, scanning everything, the motion controls feel great, the lighting is superb, and just throwing missiles on a wall to see Samus' face reflected on the HUD is amazing.
I think this game will just join Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild on my list of games I'll always revisit and play more than once like Fire Emblem Three Houses.
The feeling I had with launching the game and starting to play it is something I haven't felt since I first got my hands on the Switch and play Odyssey or the first time I played BotW.

Mission completed! 12 hours and 76% (goddam artifact in Phendrana in the towers, how are you supposed to know exactly the spot to look without a FAQ??). After being defeated yesterday by Riddley, manage to do a better fight decided to complete it since I was already in the mood. Finished the fight with metroid with only 3 tanks

jhwtx1r79tia1.jpg

I know most don't really glance at the OP more than once, but it was previously unfinished, so I've gone ahead and finished it, now that I've had some free time available. Excited for the physical copy holdouts to start gracing us with their impressions in a few days!

All suited and booted up, 3 artifacts to go (all in Phendrana), 85% completion... travelling back through Chozo Ruins led me to two more missile expansions I'd missed, and I know from previous visits that I'm missing several tidbits from Phendrana Drifts.

But I think I'll come up short of 100%. I haven't been consciously aiming for that, mind, it's been a decade since I played this and I've not been using a guide; so I think 90 something percent would be good, item wise. Unless I decide to do a final sweep...

I'm extremely upset, just got a notice in my email that my Amazon pre-order for Metroid Prime Remastered (physical) will now ship someitme in March through to April.

I guess Nintendo completely underestimated demand for this game.

Finished! Amazing game, although I wish it wasn't over. Hoping MP2 gets the same treatment, if only to see that cool Sanctuary Fortress city background in HD.

The game is the best its ever been. Pretty much flawless.

I know most don't really glance at the OP more than once, but it was previously unfinished, so I've gone ahead and finished it, now that I've had some free time available. Excited for the physical copy holdouts to start gracing us with their impressions in a few days!
1. Incredible Metroid thread as always Aurc.
2. We are excited to join you! Hahaha. Next week can't arrive here soon enough.

All suited and booted up, 3 artifacts to go (all in Phendrana), 85% completion... travelling back through Chozo Ruins led me to two more missile expansions I'd missed, and I know from previous visits that I'm missing several tidbits from Phendrana Drifts.

But I think I'll come up short of 100%. I haven't been consciously aiming for that, mind, it's been a decade since I played this and I've not been using a guide; so I think 90 something percent would be good, item wise. Unless I decide to do a final sweep...
Ok, 13 hours, Phendrana Drifts and all 12 artifacts brings me up to 98%. My fuzzy memory suggests
at least one missile expansion in the Impact Crater. I know I've got every energy tank, at least, as well as the optional weapons like the flamethrower. Can I head to the Artifact Temple with 98% item completion and expect to find the remaining 2% before the credits? Or I have I missed a missile expansion somewhere?

Just crossed 13 hours, and 100% is still in play after checking for scans that I missed. I just have to run around, find an ice shriekbat, a medium missle refill (kind of weird that I'm having trouble with this one), 10 missle expansions, one energy tank, and one more artifact. The rest of my creature scans after that will appear as I reach the finale. I never did 100% during my previous playthroughs of the Prime games, so this is a great way to prolong my time with the remaster and try something new.

Great OP! I have to say, seeing your Metroid posts and enthusiasm has really helped me learn to trust the process! Also, now that you mention physical copies arriving soon, I think I may be finished with the game by the time mine comes in. Maybe a hard mode run is in order...

Ok, 13 hours, Phendrana Drifts and all 12 artifacts brings me up to 98%. My fuzzy memory suggests
at least one missile expansion in the Impact Crater. I know I've got every energy tank, at least, as well as the optional weapons like the flamethrower. Can I head to the Artifact Temple with 98% item completion and expect to find the remaining 2% before the credits? Or I have I missed a missile expansion somewhere?
An important bit of info everyone should probably know is that the item completion percentage goes from 98% to 100%. So 98% means you're missing one thing.

There are no pickups in or beyond Artifact Temple except the final artifact, which you said you already have.

X-ray vision shows Samus' fingers? Infrared show different temperatures with the different beams?! Eye for detail is incredible!

I wonder if they will ask for the original VA's to return. It will be exciting to get troy baker and chris sabat back.
I knew Chris Sabat played Rundas, but I had no idea Troy Baker was in a Metroid game. 🤯 You just blew my mind.

Nothing too exciting (some basic NPC lines for Federation Jim Bobs, which can be heard at the link above), but amusing, nonetheless!
1. Incredible Metroid thread as always Aurc.
2. We are excited to join you! Hahaha. Next week can't arrive here soon enough.
Great OP! I have to say, seeing your Metroid posts and enthusiasm has really helped me learn to trust the process! Also, now that you mention physical copies arriving soon, I think I may be finished with the game by the time mine comes in. Maybe a hard mode run is in order...
Thanks a bunch, you two! 🥲 ❤️ I'm just happy to see all the excitement, enthusiasm, and positivity for this awesome game! Really enjoying reading what everyone has to say, and the experience finally being made available to the Switch's massive audience is a thing of beauty. Lots of folks getting to experience Metroid Prime for the very first time, including a good friend of mine, who gave it a perfect 10 in his review.

And Gengar, it fills my heart with warmth to know that The Process has earned yet another Fami member's trust! The process is kind, the process is wise. Long live the process! It speaks to me, and right now, it's telling me we might just see Prime 4 during E3 season this year. Conviction is everything. Trust the process.
X-ray vision shows Samus' fingers? Infrared show different temperatures with the different beams?! Eye for detail is incredible!
Little known fact, but the Thermal Visor also showcases a strange man obsessed with repetitive counting! Shame they disabled the mirrors in Chozo Ruins, or you'd be able to see him.

An important bit of info everyone should probably know is that the item completion percentage goes from 98% to 100%. So 98% means you're missing one thing.

There are no pickups in or beyond Artifact Temple except the final artifact, which you said you already have.
I've missed a single missile expansion somewhere, in that case. Ooph.

Little known fact, but the Thermal Visor also showcases a strange man obsessed with repetitive counting! Shame they disabled the mirrors in Chozo Ruins, or you'd be able to see him.
I've heard this from several people online now and I've honestly never noticed. Part of me wants to boot the game up to check, but part of me also wonders if I will then never be able to go back to a pre-counting-man world

I've heard this from several people online now and I've honestly never noticed. Part of me wants to boot the game up to check, but part of me also wonders if I will then never be able to go back to a pre-counting-man world
It's the affliction of forbidden knowledge. Once you make a conscious effort to hear the counting man, you can't unhear him. He's a far more damaging scourge than Phazon, imo. 😂

I knew Chris Sabat played Rundas, but I had no idea Troy Baker was in a Metroid game. 🤯 You just blew my mind.

Nothing too exciting (some basic NPC lines for Federation Jim Bobs, which can be heard at the link above), but amusing, nonetheless!
i like how a 2007 wii game still features superior voice acting than the last big zelda game.

i like how a 2007 wii game still features superior voice acting than the last big zelda game.
To be fair, Metroid Prime 3 has Admiral Dane. That automatically guarantees superior voice acting. Other games just don't have a chance against that!

They say he's a green muppet with a killer hat .

oh-snap-black-people.gif

If I get an artifact without scanning the hint first, is that a missed scan for logbook completion?

I mean they all get added/changed to “Artifact acquired” in the logbook anyway but just want to make sure

If I get an artifact without scanning the hint first, is that a missed scan for logbook completion?

I mean they all get added/changed to “Artifact acquired” in the logbook anyway but just want to make sure
No, game will count them as scanned.

Last edited:
Theres so much to improve in mp3 due to it being a more ambitious game than the previous two.

My favorite bit of Metroid Prime 3 VA trivia is that Ghor's voice actor was the hitchhiker in the original 1974 Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.

Checked my phone notes and
I had a reminder to return to the Watery Hall with the gravity suit, which I hadn't done. Remaining missile expansion found, 100% items obtained, Meta Ridley defeated, and the Impact Crater awaits tomorrow.

MP3 could straight up be ported in 1080p and it'd still be the second best looking metroid game, shit is crazy.
Hmm, I'd disagree there. Dread looks better as a whole.

In terms on environments, yes, Prime 3 is a looker.

But Ghandrayda ugghhh. And human faces... Metroid Prime 3 does not do a good job with those.

Yeah, I'll be wrapping things up tomorrow morning in all likelihood and seriously, if Nintendo released Metroid Prime 2 Remastered immediately I would buy it zero questions asked.

I think the way to phrase it is that I admire Prime but adore Echoes. There's a bunch of individual elements in Echoes - the Luminoth and their architecture; the inky Eldritch horror of the Ing; the gorgeous Dark and Light suits; the glorious visual effects for things like the light beacons or the Ing Warriors oozing around as puddles of darkness; the boss fights, especially Quadraxis and Emperor Ing; the Sanctuary Fortress - that I just love.

All of those things would be even better with the level of care and effort that Prime Remastered got. Here's hoping more Prime, new or remastered, isn't too far away.

Not like there were a lot of Metroid games between MP3 and now! 😀
i think its more that mp3 is so good looking that it could be ported and still look great lmao.

There are a few things in mp3 that still look better than dread's. Like the charge beam particles which in my opinion are to this day the best we have ever gotten.

I'm missing three missile upgrades and I genuinely don't know where they are. This is going to be annoying but I've never done a 100% items run before so I want to. Hopefully I can look at a list of the locations of the missile upgrades and recognize the three I haven't grabbed yet.

Metroid Prime new comer.
Finished in normal mode yesterday with 100% item & 92% scan under 22 hours.
Spent a lot of time explore and roaming rather than progressing.
Still can't believe how good it is and already spent another 2 hours in hard mode.

Played a ton today!

Started off at the beginning of the Sunken Frigate, ended in the Impact Crater. Probably played for, like, 7 hours today and made maybe 4.5-5 hours of actual progress. The Phazon Mines were truly challenging and rewarding to complete. Meta Ridley killed me once (barely) as did the Omega Pirate, but I kicked both their asses the 2nd time around after learning their patterns. Really looking forward to completing this tomorrow (albeit with nowhere near 100% completion).

Completed! 100% items, 95% scans, 13 hours and 57 minutes. Pretty good for my first playthrough in a decade. I played it about once a year from 2009 to 2013, on Wii, and by my last playthrough I could do a 100% run in about 9 hours.

That being said, I enjoyed a more contemplative and exploratory playthrough this time, especially with the updated visuals. The core gameplay has stood the test of time, and while I think the sequels are a bit of a step back in pacing and interconnected level design (and in Prime 3's case, I wasn't a fan of how loud and populated Samus's universe becomes, though there's still a lot to love), I think some of the things they do improve over the original. Outside of Flaaghra, Meta Ridley, and the Prime fight, I was a little disappointed in the bosses here. For my money, Prime 2 really supersedes the original in boss variety and design. There's also stuff in Prime that I actually enjoy more post-Dread, knowing how the story of the Metroids and the Chozo pans out makes Tallon IV an even more important and cathartic mission for Samus.

I could genuinely immediately begin Echoes right this second (well, once the credits roll stopped) if Prime 2 Remastered were available on Switch.

GiruloKFC on Reddit has put together the best comparison images between original and remaster that I've seen yet.

Examples:

Full gallery:

Well, finished on hard again at 100%.

7th time i finish this game since 2003.

It's one of the best games ever made, period.

"Objectively" and imho Prime 2 is better, and right now i need the same remaster treatment for that game, but i doubt it will happen after recent leaks.

Regarding Prime 4, even with this remaster, i seriously doubt it will be as good as the original trilogy, those games were made with the correct prople and at the correct moment, i don't know if current Retro is capable of create something similar, specially after 4 years of silence.

Finished at about 15 hours. I thought I would do 100%, but I didn't have the patience to hunt down every last item. I looked up guides and couldn't remember which expansions I picked up and which ones I didn't. So, I ended up at 89% items and 98% scans (those darn ice shriekbats appear in one room for a very limited part of the game, ugh). When I do my hard mode run, I will make sure to keep track of where I picked up items so that I can easily identify any places I missed. I have to imagine some sort of map marker will be available in Prime 4.

Anyways, this is still my favorite game of all time. Prime 4 may not surpass that, but I am confident that it will be an excellent game that lives up to the standards set by 1-3. What a great time to be a Metroid fan!

Back
Top Bottom