• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

If Tears of the Kingdom wasn't released this year, then this would've been my favorite release of 2023.

My favorite remaster yet, absolutely sublime! This masterclass in in-game lighting, combined with improved assets, a higher quality soundtrack on top of an already incredible base game made this an unbelievable experience.
I'd say it was as close to perfection as can reasonably be expected. After years of constant rumors, it finally came out of nowhere, and fully lived up to fan desires. Near flawless performance and visuals, modernized controls, minimal controversial artistic decisions, and a reasonable $40 price point. Many would call it the best looking game on the Switch, and one of the best remasters of the past several years.

My only complaint is more of a nitpick: the removal of the Fusion Suit as an unlock. Shame!

I'd say it was as close to perfection as can reasonably be expected. After years of constant rumors, it finally came out of nowhere, and fully lived up to fan desires. Near flawless performance and visuals, modernized controls, minimal controversial artistic decisions, and a reasonable $40 price point. Many would call it the best looking game on the Switch, and one of the best remasters of the past several years.

My only complaint is more of a nitpick: the removal of the Fusion Suit as an unlock. Shame!
This is exactly how I feel, except my only complaint is that we didn’t get Echoes and Corruption.

The save system is bullshit. Thinking of dropping the game, I'm about 15% completed and not having much fun. I do see why people like it, maybe it's because I'm feeling pressure to complete it before TOTK comes out.

The save system is bullshit. Thinking of dropping the game, I'm about 15% completed and not having much fun. I do see why people like it, maybe it's because I'm feeling pressure to complete it before TOTK comes out.
Not sure what the problem is, It's a standard save system, not some majora's mask thing

Not sure what the problem is, It's a standard save system, not some majora's mask thing
I could be wrong, I feel like I haven't encountered manual saves in quite a while. It's annoying me to have to re-do things when I die, or having to find a save spot before I can safely switch off the game.

I could be wrong, I feel like I haven't encountered manual saves in quite a while. It's annoying me to have to re-do things when I die, or having to find a save spot before I can safely switch off the game.
There's quite a bunch of Save Stations in the game, you're never more than 3 minutes from one, any particular area that's giving you problems?

The bump of this thread just reminded me how I failed to make time to play this beyond my first hour.

Its release did return me to Dread to finally beat it at least. I'm sure MP4 will send me back to it later this year D:

Only save station that's potentially an issue is the second one in the final major area, outside of that save points are numerous and frequent

There's quite a bunch of Save Stations in the game, you're never more than 3 minutes from one, any particular area that's giving you problems?
Yeah I'm probably rushing the game and feeling pressure to progress too fast. That is making me miss auto-save. But if I slow down now and stop playing when Zelda comes out, I don't know when I'll get a moment to come back to it.

Only save station that's potentially an issue is the second one in the final major area, outside of that save points are numerous and frequent
not that its far away per say but its pretty bad...
getting back to the save when the lights go out in the ship getting the xray visor

Earnings report tomorrow. Last call for bets on Metroid Prime Remastered sales from between launch to March 31st.
2.3 million

Digitally it surpassed dread by a fairly wide margin but physical is limited

Last edited:
Earnings report tomorrow. Last call for bets on Metroid Prime Remastered sales from between launch to March 31st.
2 million range, when it's all said and done I would not be surprised if PR outsells dreads lifetime sales before the end of the year

2 million range, when it's all said and done I would not be surprised if PR outsells dreads lifetime sales before the end of the year
Considering the results, it will probably be 2 and something by the end of Prime Remastered life, but I dont think it will surpass Dread

I was thinking

Prime 1 Remaster was supposed to return Retro into shape after their new ip failed, and it was supposed to come with MP2 and MP3R too, as stated by Belmont on Era.
But...I wonder if the original project was going to feature additional changes, other than visuals and controls

Perhaps additional content made into the games?

I was thinking

Prime 1 Remaster was supposed to return Retro into shape after their new ip failed, and it was supposed to come with MP2 and MP3R too, as stated by Belmont on Era.
But...I wonder if the original project was going to feature additional changes, other than visuals and controls

Perhaps additional content made into the games?
No,in the belmond post he says they consider the game perfect and never intended to touch anything,at least the first game

There's a minor Metroid (specifically Prime) reference in The Super Mario Bros. Movie.

EDIT: My bad, it's actually not specifically a Prime reference. Looks like FS-176 was mentioned as far back as the Super Metroid guidebook, in addition to the official manga.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom