• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
The big attraction of this 5th wave really seems to be the characters, they played a lot on the hype of the characters in the trailer and they're throwing in 3 of them in one wave.
This makes me think even more that, for wave 6, we could have a new surprise.
The 2 remaining characters will be the bonus of wave 6, and something else will be the main attraction (a bunch of vehicle parts ?).
I fully expect there to be Elephant Mario.
I don’t understand why the Kongs don’t have full representation like the Koopalings though. It’s not like they all have to have a different move set as the characters in Smash. Hopefully that will change with MK9.

My final Wave 5 predictions:

Feather Cup
Tour Athens Dash
Wii Koopa Cape
GBA Sunset Wilds
Piranha Plant Cove

Cherry Cup
Tour Los Angeles Laps
GCN Mushroom Bridge
SNES Bowser Castle 3
Squeaky Clean Sprint

My current theory post-Direct is that as a result of the shuffling causing some track placements to deviate slightly from their initial datamined position to the final release (but the tracks themselves not changing), one of the cities in Wave 5 will be moved to Wave 6 and a non-city nitro from Wave 6 moved to Wave 5 - resulting in Wave 5 having 2 cities and 2 non-city nitros with Wave 6 having 3 cities and 2 non-city nitros. These are my predictions because before the direct, I was a firm believer of Piranha Plant Cove + Petey Piranha were surely for Wave 6 with a different non-city nitro present in Wave 5 but with Petey officially confirmed for Wave 5 in the latest Nintendo Direct, I can't see him coming to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe without his signature Tour track so I swapped a city with it.

My final Wave 5 predictions:

Feather Cup
Tour Athens Dash
Wii Koopa Cape
GBA Sunset Wilds
Piranha Plant Cove

Cherry Cup
Tour Los Angeles Laps
GCN Mushroom Bridge
SNES Bowser Castle 3
Squeaky Clean Sprint

My current theory post-Direct is that as a result of the shuffling causing some track placements to deviate slightly from their initial datamined position to the final release (but the tracks themselves not changing), one of the cities in Wave 5 will be moved to Wave 6 and a non-city nitro from Wave 6 moved to Wave 5 - resulting in Wave 5 having 2 cities and 2 non-city nitros with Wave 6 having 3 cities and 2 non-city nitros. These are my predictions because before the direct, I was a firm believer of Piranha Plant Cove + Petey Piranha were surely for Wave 6 with a different non-city nitro present in Wave 5 but with Petey officially confirmed for Wave 5 in the latest Nintendo Direct, I can't see him coming to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe without his signature Tour track so I swapped a city with it.
This is the best case scenario IMO. Piranha Plant Cove feels like a summer track to me, and Wave 6 would feel weird without a signature city (Vancouver and Madrid aren't exactly well known). Hopefully this happens.

I still believe in mobDK being a Donkey Kong track, and a reveal together with Diddy/Pauline or Diddy/Funky. Wave 5 reveal is for all missing non-DK characters, Wave 6 will be about DK.

Just had a sudden thought:

What if during a September Direct a new Donkey Kong game gets announced? That would coincide really well with a trailer for wave 6 of the Booster Course Pass, showing a new Donkey Kong track and Diddy/Dixie/Funky as a new playable character.

Just had a sudden thought:

What if during a September Direct a new Donkey Kong game gets announced? That would coincide really well with a trailer for wave 6 of the Booster Course Pass, showing a new Donkey Kong track and Diddy/Dixie/Funky as a new playable character.
It definitely feels like for the last couple of years we’ve been barreling toward a DK revival, and this situation would be where all the pieces are finally played at once lol. I could see it. The lack of any DK characters in wave 5 when the three most commonly predicted characters left are Diddy, Funky and Pauline sticks out a LOT.

Also, in terms of release timing, the back half of the year is not light in Mario content at all. I could see Wave 6 being teased in the Sept direct, trailer late September, and hitting early October before the launches of SMBW and SMRPG. Would be enough time between wave 5 if we’re getting it early July

I would love a new DK track but I'm not holding out much hope as at the moment, there is more evidence saying that mobdk is a Desert-themed Daisy track rather than a new Donkey Kong track.

As cool as a sarasaland track would be, i don’t have much hope they can get a desert track right. The only good one in the series I can think of is Kalimari desert, and even that got butchered in the BCP with the gimmicky lap 3 route

At least we could potentially get a cool remix of the Land theme

The last city track of tour will be Madrid if we are guessing correct right? MobMD

And just one more Nitro right? The mobDK thing...

Also, I think we will get Dino Dino Jungle instead of DK Mountain. We have 'teasers" in Coconut Mall as a banner and in the bathroom track in a bag right?

I fully expect there to be Elephant Mario.
I don’t understand why the Kongs don’t have full representation like the Koopalings though. It’s not like they all have to have a different move set as the characters in Smash. Hopefully that will change with MK9.
they could pull a wiggler, announce a character before its in tour, in this way they could bring in elephant mario without him being a newcomer, just add him to tour first.

The last city track of tour will be Madrid if we are guessing correct right? MobMD

And just one more Nitro right? The mobDK thing...

Also, I think we will get Dino Dino Jungle instead of DK Mountain. We have 'teasers" in Coconut Mall as a banner and in the bathroom track in a bag right?
The Nitro situation is weird. There's only one more unknown Nitro coming to Tour, but the MK8D datamine says that there's two. It's unclear if the last Nitro got canceled or if it's MK8D exclusive.

It's so over for this game.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap_June.png

It all comes tumbling down.

Mario_Kart_ID_Final_Countdown.png

Paris 4 is dead too; either scrapped or we misunderstood the earlier gap. Either way, not happening.

CORRECTION: The Paris 4 gap remains! Still at 2 IDs like it always has been. Much like the GBA BC4 T and R/T i'm going to elect to not include it in my gap summary image, as it in all likelihood has been scrapped regardless. It's about time I update the overall course image though; and I figure I can pay special homage to it over there with some of the changes i've made since the last time I posted it on here (i'm not adding every currently unreleased R/T variant though; too much work):

I sureee hope Nintendo don't drop the Wave 5 trailer this week and immediately force me to update this again...

Last edited:
Sad to see ongoing Mario Kart is coming to an end soon, but I’m so excited for the last 16 tracks in 8 Deluxe and I take comfort we might be only 1.5 to 2.5 years away from the future of Mario Kart on Switch 2.

May as well throw my hat in the ring with some final predictions.

FEATHER CUP
  • Tour Rome Avanti
  • GCN Mushroom Bridge
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • Piranha Plant Cove
CHERRY CUP
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • GCN Daisy Cruiser/DK Mountain
  • Squeaky Clean Sprint
Went with Rome over Athens to avoid having two nightime cities in wave 6. They’ve done a good job of keeping the backdrops diverse between cities, so I think that’ll continue here. Could swap out Rome for Vancouver, but I think they’ll try to keep Rome and Athens separate.

Pulling the 2nd GCN track up into wave 5 helps keep the retro track selection a bit more diverse in wave 6, given that there’s gonna be 5 Tour tracks. Which one we get in wave 5 depends on what mobDK is; doubtful that they have two DK or Daisy tracks in the same wave.

Last edited:
Do you think the last unknown nitro could be a track exclusive to Mario Kart 8D? I'd find that very surprising.
It's really up in the air right now, as Mario Kart Tour looks to be getting its last new tracks in September and the last Nitro doesn't seem to be part of that. I'm thinking it's going to be a New Donk City course to tie into Pauline as a playable character.

Do you think the last unknown nitro could be a track exclusive to Mario Kart 8D? I'd find that very surprising.
Maybe Mario Kart will have a Luke moment, where the final course is meant as a teaser for the next game. It seems very very unlikely but not totally impossible given the timing.

How is Rome, by the way? I preferred not to look at anything on it because I'd like to discover this one directly on MK8D, but I'm interested in your opinions!
It’s fun. I don’t think it’s anything mind blowing, but I’d put it in a similar range to Bangkok and Singapore when it comes to Tour tracks in particular.

Granted, some Tour tracks don’t make the jump as elegantly as others (Bangkok plays much worse in 8, while Singapore is just as fun as it is in Tour IMO) but nothing in Rome stands out as something that’ll play badly in 8. We haven’t seen the third route yet though, so who knows.

On a Tour specific note, Moonview Highway is kinda sad with so few cars lol

I don't think the in-game banners mean anything but I would be so happy if the last two GCN tracks were Daisy Cruise and Dino Dino Jungle.

Here's hoping!

It's kinda funny seeing everyone beg for more GCN tracks when the two best tracks (Baby Park and Sherbet Land) are already in the game lol
Those are great tracks, but I think it's fair to want more than two Double Dash courses.
Most of Double Dash's tracks are awesome.

Place your bets now, do we get....
  1. Trailer tomorrow, release two weeks from now
  2. Trailer next Thursday, release two weeks from now
  3. Trailer two weeks from now, release four weeks from now
  4. August Big Sad Mode :(

I'm leaning option 2. I think next tour will have Squeaky Clean Sprint. We'll get the trailer mid-late next week and then Wave 5 will come out same time as Tour, similar to Sky High Sundae last year.

Option 2, but it could be any day next week.

Tuesday is a US holiday, so I'm counting out Monday and Wednesday for proximity. Thursday/Friday make the most sense.
I think Wednesday could be on the table still, Monday seems to be the day everyone is getting off, if they get an extra day at all.

Thursday is the most likely for sure though, pretty confident that’s the big day.

Tuesday is a US holiday, so I'm counting out Monday and Wednesday for proximity. Thursday/Friday make the most sense.
Ah, I should have just said Wednesday and Friday were on the table. I would 100% rule Tuesday out too with Monday very unlikely. IIRC Wave 2 was announced on a Friday morning which caught a bunch of us off guard.

Ah, I should have just said Wednesday and Friday were on the table. I would 100% rule Tuesday out too with Monday very unlikely. IIRC Wave 2 was announced on a Friday morning which caught a bunch of us off guard.
Wave 2 was announced on a Thursday, the day before Xenoblade launched. Don't think Nintendo has announced anything on a Friday in recent memory.

Just noticed that today dataminers changed up their predictions. They're now not predicting Squeaky Clean Sprint tour until August 9th AFTER MobDK tour. If this is accurate, we could still be waiting for Wave 5 for a while.

Back
Top Bottom