• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Oh no, we may be looking at an August release for Wave 5...
Nintendo released Wave 4 about 4 weeks before Yoshi's Island debuted in Tour. There is still hope for something similar this wave (release Wave 5 in mid-July several weeks before Tour). However, yeah...seeing this makes me a little disappointed.

Nintendo released Wave 4 about 4 weeks before Yoshi's Island debuted in Tour. There is still hope for something similar this wave (release Wave 5 in mid-July several weeks before Tour). However, yeah...seeing this makes me a little disappointed.
Wave 4 is so far the only exception to the current trend. I believe they lined up Wave 4 for Mario Day so I think Wave 5 will go back to the trend of the other Waves.

Just noticed that today dataminers changed up their predictions. They're now not predicting Squeaky Clean Sprint tour until August 9th AFTER MobDK tour. If this is accurate, we could still be waiting for Wave 5 for a while.

They’ve been shifting things so much at this point, is it really worth counting on? These datamines have been less and less reliable the further we’ve gotten out. Not to mention that Wave 4 released nearly a month before Yoshi’s Island anyway.

They’ve been shifting things so much at this point, is it really worth counting on? These datamines have been less and less reliable the further we’ve gotten out. Not to mention that Wave 4 released nearly a month before Yoshi’s Island anyway.
the last spotlight in the us is this week, so the trailer could release the day after it

So this still is the consensus for the remaining 2 waves?

SNES Bowser's Castle 3
GBA Sunset Wilds
GCN Daisy Cruiser
GCN Mushroom Bridge
GCN DK Mountain
Wii Koopa Cape
Wii Rainbow Road
Tour Los Angeles
Tour Athens
Tour Vancouver
Tour Rome
Tour (Madrid ?)
Piranha Plant Cove
Squeaky Clean Sprint
DK (Sarasaland?)
Another unknown nitro (?)

So this still is the consensus for the remaining 2 waves?

SNES Bowser's Castle 3
GBA Sunset Wilds
GCN Daisy Cruiser
GCN Mushroom Bridge
GCN DK Mountain
Wii Koopa Cape
Wii Rainbow Road
Tour Los Angeles
Tour Athens
Tour Vancouver
Tour Rome
Tour (Madrid ?)
Piranha Plant Cove
Squeaky Clean Sprint
DK (Sarasaland?)
Another unknown nitro (?)
Pretty much, yup! I guess there is still some risk they pull a Mario Circuit DS and surprise us (in a not great way lol). I think your list is the remaining 16 courses though.

Curious to see what the next datamined Tour is. Could shed a lot of light as to whether we’re getting a trailer this week or not.

Seems like KoopaV isn't revealing the next Tour this time?
Tbh I don't think it's going to be anything special. It's probably a Jungle Tour with Lakeside Park and some returning retros.

Speaking of which, I saw a post on the Mario Kart subreddit the other day that got me thinking. They were predicting Vancouver Velocity for this Wave due to the lack of fan favorite courses currently rumored for Wave 5. We don't have a popular returning retro for the Wave yet (Wave 1 had Coconut Mall, Wave 2 had Waluigi Pinball, Wave 3 had Maple Treeway and 3DS Rainbow Road, and Wave 4 had DK Summit and Waluigi Stadium), and three of the four retro courses everyone is predicting are pretty simple tracks (Sunset Wilds, Mushroom Bridge, and SNES Bowser Castle 3). I'm starting to wonder if we might see one of the simple tracks pushed back, and one of the retro courses from Wave 6 brought forward.

What if we get DK Mountain in this Wave?

Tbh I don't think it's going to be anything special. It's probably a Jungle Tour with Lakeside Park and some returning retros.

Speaking of which, I saw a post on the Mario Kart subreddit the other day that got me thinking. They were predicting Vancouver Velocity for this Wave due to the lack of fan favorite courses currently rumored for Wave 5. We don't have a popular returning retro for the Wave yet (Wave 1 had Coconut Mall, Wave 2 had Waluigi Pinball, Wave 3 had Maple Treeway and 3DS Rainbow Road, and Wave 4 had DK Summit and Waluigi Stadium), and three of the four retro courses everyone is predicting are pretty simple tracks (Sunset Wilds, Mushroom Bridge, and SNES Bowser Castle 3). I'm starting to wonder if we might see one of the simple tracks pushed back, and one of the retro courses from Wave 6 brought forward.

What if we get DK Mountain in this Wave?
Koopa Cape will serve the fan favorite spot just fine. Even if it wasn’t there, I wouldn’t think of Vancouver as a big fan favorite track. It’s very good, but it’s certain it will come in wave 6. This one is summer themed, the next one will be winter/christmas themed and Vancouver fits perfectly there.

So are we expecting mushroom bridge from GC to be on this wave? It's one of my favourite tracks even if very simple just for the nostalgia. That music, yeah.

No spotlights yet is mildly concerning. No reveal tomorrow would mean wave 5 is almost certainly 3+ weeks out still, which would be rather unfortunate.

Last edited:
Koopa Cape will serve the fan favorite spot just fine. Even if it wasn’t there, I wouldn’t think of Vancouver as a big fan favorite track. It’s very good, but it’s certain it will come in wave 6. This one is summer themed, the next one will be winter/christmas themed and Vancouver fits perfectly there.
Koopa Cape hasn't gotten very good remakes, and I'm not even sure if I'd call it a fan favorite to begin with. It's just well liked. Vancouver isn't a fan favorite over the entire series, but it is the most popular original track from Tour (that being said, it's still not coming in this wave; that post just gave me the idea).

Wave 6 will already have three new nitro courses in Piranha Plant Cove, MOBDK, and whatever the third one is, it'll have the most popular Tour city track with Vancouver, the final GCN track, and Wii Rainbow Road. It's already stacked. However, it doesn't really seem to have a simple retro course like the other waves do. Mushroom Bridge could end up being pushed back, with DK Mountain or Daisy Cruiser moved up, and the balancing would work a lot better.

No spotlights yet is mildly concerning. No reveal tomorrow would mean wave 5 us almost certainly 3+ weeks out still, which would be rather unfortunate.
I think the spotlights normally release later in the day, but I could be wrong.

The lack of spotlights today is concerning. I'm starting to think we're not getting the Wave 5 trailer til July 27 for an August 3 release :(

Would line up exactly with Wave 2, and with when SQS is currently predicted to debut in Tour.

The lack of spotlights today is concerning. I'm starting to think we're not getting the Wave 5 trailer til July 27 for an August 3 release :(

Would line up exactly with Wave 2, and with when SQS is currently predicted to debut in Tour.
Squeaky Clean Sprint will launch in MK8D first, so if Wave 5 is released in August then SQS is coming to Tour much later.

I really hope you're right! Just trying to temper my own expectations in case there's no announcement this week.
Squeaky Clean Sprint is being marketed as a new course for MK8D, so it can't come to Tour first or be advertised for Tour before Wave 5 releases. Even if there's no announcement this week, it could still be given a week of marketing or release in the same week as Pikmin 4.

How long is it usually between an announce video and release of a wave of tracks?

Also, can't believe bloody Coconut Mall is considered a fan favourite! Give me Koopa Cape any day.

This is depressing, y’all had me convinced it was guaranteed 😭😭😭😭 of course they break the pattern when we catch on

There is a private video in the official Mario Kart 8 Deluxe playlist.

Sounds like an announcement of the release date of Wave 5 is coming.

1. That private video has been in there since last year. I remember seeing it before wave 3 came out

2. They don't even put the release date trailers in there anyway. It seems as though only wave 3's trailer is there. Wave 5 trailer probably won't even be in there

3. The playlist wasn't even updated today. It was last updated when they added that wave 5 teaser to it.

So no, none of this means anything. But having said that, I still believe we're definitely getting a trailer tomorrow. But I'm prepared to wait longer if necessary

Yeah, last year I predicted mobDK to be a pipe course. Should’ve stuck to it.

Well, with this, I actually don’t see any relevance in adding Koopa Cape… I’d rather see Moonview Highway or Daisy Circuit right now (but that doesn’t seem likely).

I’m cool with a brand new pipe course for the final New track. I think Piranha Plant Slide is really the only course similar in 8 Deluxe.

Now that mobDK is actually not Sarasaland, I'm quite satisfied with my prediction :

Wave 5

Feather
Tour Rome
GCN Mushroom Bridge
Wii Koopa Cape
Tour Athens

Cherry
Tour Los Angeles
GBA Sunset Wilds
SNES Bowser's Castle 3
Squeaky Clean Sprint

Wave 6

Acorn
Tour Vancouver
GCN Daisy Cruiser
mobDK (pipes track)
Piranha Plant Cove

Spiny Shell
Tour mobMD (Madrid)
GCN DK Mountain
??? (new nitro track?)
Wii Rainbow Road

The thing that really bothered me was having Daisy Cruiser and Sarasaland one after the other, well that's a problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom