• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Luigi mansion 2 and Paper Mario thousand year door announcement VERY SOON - Pyoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone extremely skeptical of predictions about TTYD and LM2 coming out in the fall, it's nice to get confirmation that their titles for the first half of the year. It does make me curious what the (presumed) April Direct will reveal given that second half is now completely up in the air as far as releases.

I'd definitely have gotten Luigi's Mansion 2 if I didn't do a second playthrough 5 years ago in anticipation of LM3 release. 5 years is still too fresh for me. Maybe I'll get it at a discount.

It is great we got release dates for these. I am really looking forward to both LM2 and Paper Mario TTYDHD. Given these are releasing by June, it also makes me believe Nintendo still has several more Switch games for the rest of the year.

Thought Paper Mario was going to be in July because it’s the 20th anniversary then, but May sounds perfect, imo… not too long to wait at all!

Interesting that Endless Ocean, TTYD and Luigi’s Mansion are all coming out on Thursdays, tho. The Friday pattern that most games have been following for god knows how long seems to have been broken?

Late May or June for Paper Mario; Luigi's Mansion in June or July.

There are some implications that TTYD has been done since before it was even announced; despite LM2HD being teased three months earlier I think TTYD is far more likely to release first. Luigi's Mansion getting a Summer window while TTYD was stuck with a vague "2024" may make some think otherwise, but it's no different from Xenoblade Definitive Edition being given a vague "2020"; they're both about to recieve their release date in March too, so if TTYD truly is in Late May like I believe they would mirror each other perfectly.

As for why i'm leaning towards Late May in particular; Endless Ocean taking such an unopportune and abnormal Thursday release date in the middle of Golden Week makes me think they're leaving space for another game later in the month. If not TTYD, my lowkey likely alternative would be a rerelease of DKCR, ahead or around the opening of Donkey Kong Country at Universal Japan. Could be something revealed on short notice in the rumored April Direct should it pan out.

Thank you for proving me right for once Nintendo.

Never mess with the Bird.

Happy to see TTYD so soon, frankly I'm Hopeful Will get something new late this year to Say goodbye to Switch

So yeah, Nintendo is still doing 1 game per month even with the delay instead of scrambling to have the games announced for the holidays. Let’s see what they have for the second half then.

Luigi’s Mansion 2 on my birthday! Super excited for Paper Mario. Coming much sooner than I thought it would, too! So ready to return to the world of TTYD.

Not that Nintendo needs to release a game each month, but I am curious that if we do get the April Direct if there might be a shadowdrop there. Princess Peach Showtime in March, TTYD in May, LM2 HD in June... so maybe surprise Metroid Prime 2 release in April?

Hoo boy, That Mario voice was not good.
I thought Kevin Afghani did a decent job in Mario Wonder
so i’m wondering what happened here?

Not that Nintendo needs to release a game each month, but I am curious that if we do get the April Direct if there might be a shadowdrop there. Princess Peach Showtime in March, TTYD in May, LM2 HD in June... so maybe surprise Metroid Prime 2 release in April?
If the april direct rumor is true I could see a shadowdrop in april.

As someone extremely skeptical of predictions about TTYD and LM2 coming out in the fall, it's nice to get confirmation that their titles for the first half of the year. It does make me curious what the (presumed) April Direct will reveal given that second half is now completely up in the air as far as releases.
Why do we think there's going to be an April direct? We don't really need one until, like, June

In Pyoro we trust.

Pretty surprising that both titles are releasing so soon. Makes you wonder what H2 of 2024 is going to look like.

Screw it, I think they're remaking Super Mario Land. There's no other good reason it hasn't dropped on NSO by now.
I could kinda see it as a DLC/expandalone for Wonder. But unless they really stretch it out with original content, personally I'd be surprised if they could justify it as a standalone remake

Woudnt put it past Nintendo to have a bad reason. Doesn't fit with the modern Mario brand?

That's never really stopped them with classic games in the past. If it's on a "Virtual Console" esque service where they're clearly defined as legacy content, they're generally happy to re-release anything within reason. Super Mario Land itself even got a re-release on the 3DS at the peak of the "New Super" era. Not to mention we're in a time now where Nintendo is actively embracing the "weirder" side of Mario with games like Wonder, Odyssey, Super Mario RPG Remake, and TTYD Remake.

I mean you could make the same argument for Mario Land 2

This too ^

The trend we've seen so far is that when a big first/second party game is missing for a long period on NSO, it's probably because they have other plans for it. This is evidenced by Super Mario RPG and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Mainline Pokémon might also be missing for similar reasons of GameFreak having other plans for the classic games.

Last edited:
Paper May-rio

On another note, I'm choosing to believe that the release dates being so soon means that Metroid Prime 4 is launching this year.

Mario Land 1 is like an hour long and that's being generous. Mario Land 2 likely came out first because it's a more appealing game.

It'll be dumped onto NSO eventually.

Mario Land 1 is like an hour long and that's being generous. Mario Land 2 likely came out first because it's a more appealing game.

It'll be dumped onto NSO eventually.
Yea, remaking that game would be a waste of effort.

I'm very happy ! Very happy !

Not only we have dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario TTYD, which I'm really looking forward to.

But it also increases the likelihood of a Nintendo Direct in April.

It’s funny that they opted to do a video at all with how unceremonious the whole thing was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom