• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Luigi mansion 2 and Paper Mario thousand year door announcement VERY SOON - Pyoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited for May!

Side note: That "Oh yeah, Mario time!" at the beginning of the video is...gonna need a little work. I've liked Kevin's performance up to this point, so that's a rare miss.

Neat on the mini announcements. Finally filling in Mario on GB... a whole year later and still not including Lane is uh... something though.

Why do we expect an April Direct?
Expect is too strong a word, but at this point we now know Nintendo's primary releases through June while the second half of the year is a total unknown.

Neat on the mini announcements. Finally filling in Mario on GB... a whole year later and still not including Lane is uh... something though.

Why do we expect an April Direct?
Because Brazil got the scoop on Switch 2 being delayed to 2025 that everyone and their mom corroborated and then he said he heard of a Direct in April.

Theres no reason to drop Paper Mario in May and LM2 in June if you have nothing for the rest of the year so that is hopium inducing for the Prime 4 believers among us

Conflicted on TTYD releasing so soon; on one hand heck yes, it’s one of my favorite games of all time and it’s been my most anticipated game since September, so of course I’m excited… but on the other hand, damn why are they kneecapping Endless Ocean so hard?? It was already a super niche game, but releasing it like a week before a much-desired remake of a fan favorite Mario game in a year with barely anything announced so far seems almost cruel. If I was ARIKA I would be pissed.

Sunday doubters in shambles. It’s pretty clear at this point that Nintendo wants to make MAR10 day a noteworthy marketing event going forward.

It's pretty clear that we will have a direct in april. If we don't have one, switch 2 blow out in early july.

Surprised this thread is still open since the news is official and we have threads discussing it.

Normally I wouldn't expect anything tomorrow, Sunday, but it seems Nintendo have been pretty active the last few days and we got announcements even today so we 100% get something tomorrow. It could very well be related to LM2 and TTYD.

Predictions:
Luigi in June, TTYD in October

But I'd love it if Paper Mario is before summer.
I was right about Luigi and got my wish for Paper Mario lol

Pyoro was right once again, surprise to no one.

Anyway, these are going to be boring months overall. Not sure if I will buy TTYD brand new and I just don't care about LM2 when I already have LM3 on Switch.

May for the remaster / remake of my all time favorite game, let’s go!!! Also, lack of footage makes me a believer in the April Direct rumor. LM1, Prime 2, WW/TP copium here we come!

c06.jpg

As it is written.

Conflicted on TTYD releasing so soon; on one hand heck yes, it’s one of my favorite games of all time and it’s been my most anticipated game since September, so of course I’m excited… but on the other hand, damn why are they kneecapping Endless Ocean so hard?? It was already a super niche game, but releasing it like a week before a much-desired remake of a fan favorite Mario game in a year with barely anything announced so far seems almost cruel. If I was ARIKA I would be pissed.
Personally, I think Endless Ocean will be okay. There are three weeks between their release dates, and the games are in different genres. I think Endless Ocean has the audience it'll have. I doubt expectations were ever high for Endless Ocean, and they've scheduled it accordingly. They also positioned Endless Ocean during Golden Week in Japan, but I don't know if that matters for anything.

I like the little website they've made for Mar10 Day in Japan. Makes the whole thing feel less like a bunch of Twitter announcements.

You're right. But for now :

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD : Summer 2024
Paper Mario : 2024, only

I wouldn't be surprised to see Luigi's Mansion 2 first :)

Ah ?
Welp, as it turns out, Paper Mario indeed turned out to be first. :cool:
Excited for May!

Side note: That "Oh yeah, Mario time!" at the beginning of the video is...gonna need a little work. I've liked Kevin's performance up to this point, so that's a rare miss.
Yeah. Huge tonal shift from his voice work in Wonder. It’s honestly a bit jarring. I know VAs take time to adjust to their new roles; but it’s a bit more worrying when the first attempt is a lot better than later on.
They need to get him back onto his Wonder inflection.
Nintendo really should have just had a February direct with these announcements+ the partner ones
Yes and no. No if there’s an April Direct. Yes if there is no direct planned. A standard Mini would’ve sufficed;
this is a very lackluster way to announce release dates, hopefully overview trailer still on the way.

Just pointing out via @MondoMega that they already seem to have an overview trailer ready to go for TTYD; I’m not taking it as confirmation that we’re getting an April Direct just because they aren’t putting it out today. Nintendo could just want to space it out a little into the week, give it some room to breathe.

(That said, waiting until the usual June timeframe would be a bit strange since at that point the only known entity left would be LM2, releasing that very month…)

Just pointing out via @MondoMega that they already seem to have an overview trailer ready to go for TTYD; I’m not taking it as confirmation that we’re getting an April Direct just because they aren’t putting it out today. Nintendo could just want to space it out a little into the week, give it some room to breathe.

(That said, waiting until the usual June timeframe would be a bit strange since at that point the only known entity left would be LM2, releasing that very month…)

Wouldn't it be rather early for an overview trailer? It's most likely already done, but usually they get dropped around 2 - 3 weeks before release date (e.g., Showtime got its overview trailer earlier in the week).

At this point there are two things we can say with relative certainty:

1. Nintendo does have games planned for the latter half of the year.

2. By the end of June, we will know what they are.

I'm going to be really honest. Pyroro's leaks are starting to get annoying. Not because of Pyroro but because forum discussion has just become listening to him and being smug whenever Pyroro gets it right. Like, in multiple forums, reddit posts, and discord conversations, the talk isn't about the games, it's "Wow, Pyroro is right again, haters are in shambles, that's what you get for betting against Pyroro, man what will pyroro think of next, let's talk about leakers and not a single word about the games."

Like, I stopped caring about leaks a long time ago. I don't want to talk about a leaker. But that's all Nintendo fans seem to be interested in to the point leaks are more important than games. Hell, I got downvoted in reddit talking about how excited the release date is for paper mario with people commenting about how I was talking about the "wrong subject" and Pyroro was what mattered.

It's better here but like...I think online fans are caring too much about these leaks.

What a strange way to announce these dates, with the two release dates at the very end! I’m super pleased though, I’m really happy TTYD is so close!

I'm going to be really honest. Pyroro's leaks are starting to get annoying. Not because of Pyroro but because forum discussion has just become listening to him and being smug whenever Pyroro gets it right. Like, in multiple forums, reddit posts, and discord conversations, the talk isn't about the games, it's "Wow, Pyroro is right again, haters are in shambles, that's what you get for betting against Pyroro, man what will pyroro think of next, let's talk about leakers and not a single word about the games."

Like, I stopped caring about leaks a long time ago. I don't want to talk about a leaker. But that's all Nintendo fans seem to be interested in to the point leaks are more important than games. Hell, I got downvoted in reddit talking about how excited the release date is for paper mario with people commenting about how I was talking about the "wrong subject" and Pyroro was what mattered.

It's better here but like...I think online fans are caring too much about these leaks.
I think Nintendo fans are just tired of waiting for the successor and for directs. When Nintendo breaks away from typical patterns (direct timing, rumored delayed systems, longer than expected/normal console life cycles, etc.,) people get antsie and want to know what's going on, which is when people turn to leakers.

What a rollercoaster lol. My impressions:

1) DAMN THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE SEQUEL IN 2026 ALREADY!! I was expecting 2028 at the earliest. Wonder when Zelda will come, I thought that one would be 2026;
2) They really did a Direct without doing a Direct lol;
3) Paper Mario in May and Luigi's Mansion 2 in June puts the final nail in the coffin of "nothing for H2" imo. Can't wait for the April Direct. I guess Mario Party, Metroid Prime 4 and Donkey Kong would be a pretty great fall lineup. Also makes me think Fire Emblem is likely July.

I think Nintendo fans are just tired of waiting for the successor and for directs. When Nintendo breaks away from typical patterns (direct timing, rumored delayed systems, longer than expected/normal console life cycles, etc.,) people get antsie and want to know what's going on, which is when people turn to leakers.
For me, this is what happened to me in 2020! I wasn't previously very in the know about what leaks were out there or the games/projects that were being speculated but wanting to know what would be next for Nintendo turned me to looking for whatever information I could get on Nintendo projects that I began to become more knowledgeable about leaks and what was out there! Since 2021, though, I've been trying my best to move away from being in the know outside of when announcements and projects would begin to be picked up by larger gaming outlets!

Last edited:
I don't really care about Pyoro and havd no desire to discuss them. They're just some rando with access to inside info on what might be announced when, but that's it.

I'm not interested in celebrating them. For all we know, Pyoro is someone who's generally OK, or they could be some crazy incel. We literally don't know, and that's of course expected for a leaker, but the community in general gets way too attached to mystery people just because they leak Direct dates and content.

News will come when it comes regardless of someone with a red bird avatar saying things on Twitter.

If you had the choice, now you would prefer to have Prime 4, a new DK and a new Mario Party in 2024 or crossgen releases in 2025 to accompany the dynamics of the Switch 2, even if it means settling for the rest of 2024 remakes/remasters like for example FE4, WW/TP HD, Todomachi Life or DK Country Returns?

For me, this is what happened to be in 2020! I wasn't previously very in the know about what leaks were out there or the games/projects that were being speculated but wanting to know what would be next for Nintendo turned me to looking for whatever information I could get on Nintendo projects that I began to become more knowledgeable about leaks and what was out there! Since 2021, though, I've been trying my best to move away from being in the know outside of when announcements and projects would begin to be picked up by larger gaming outlets!
I was the same. I started to back away from the insider talk but got dragged back in when the whole Switch 2 being delayed to 2025 thing hit. Now I'm just genuinely curious as to what's going on with Nintendo. But, I'm very happy to see paper Mario and Luigi's mansion are releasing so soon. It gives me faith Nintendo has things under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom