• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Luigi mansion 2 and Paper Mario thousand year door announcement VERY SOON - Pyoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if that means it'll be a weird Sunday trailer or its coming earlier in the week? Either way bring on TTYD!

Paper Mario for April please! Then confirm the original LM is coming alongside LM2 in a HD collection and that arrives in May/June and I’ll be happy

I feel we're going to get a hachi port of 1 for ~20 bucks, then Luigi's Mansion 2 HD for ~50, with a double pack available at ~60.

This is absolutely based on vibes and feels, I have no insider information, please disregard everything I said. I should not be listened to, please don't make YouTube videos about this post.

Glad we’ll have these soon as it would have been a bummer to only have one Nintendo game with a date if Peach released first. Also glad to have this ahead of the next Direct Speculation thread as it should refresh and refocus the speculation scene.

I feel we're going to get a hachi port of 1 for ~20 bucks, then Luigi's Mansion 2 HD for ~50, with a double pack available at ~60.

This is absolutely based on vibes and feels, I have no insider information, please disregard everything I said. I should not be listened to, please don't make YouTube videos about this post.

Too late, I now take your word as gospel, I’m uploading my YouTube video now!

Wonder if this means a "Mario Direct" sometime this or next week with these two, Peach showtime, and maybe a few other smaller things. Would make sense to package these announcements together

It would be great to have dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario TTYD.

I discovered Luigi's Mansion with 3 so I can't wait to play 2 ! :D I'm secretly hoping to get 1 as well....

I wasn't interested in Paper Mario TTYD until I played and loved Super Mario RPG. I hope it's just as good, because I'm not really enjoying The Origami King.

Glad we’ll have these soon as it would have been a bummer to only have one Nintendo game with a date if Peach released first. Also glad to have this ahead of the next Direct Speculation thread as it should refresh and refocus the speculation scene.

I hope the Nintendo Direct in April is still on ! :) I also hope there will be fewer Mario games.

On one hand, if both get their own twitter trailers this week that would feel like a mark against the rumored April Direct, so I would be maybe 2% bummed… but I will still be 98% bouncing-off-my-walls excited because I’m dying to see more of the TTYD remake :)

A Mario Day Mini Direct Thursday would make sense. Or a Twitter Direct Thursday or Friday

I’m thinking PMTTYD April, Luigi’s Mansion 2 May or June

And maaaybe Luigi’s Mansion 1 HD shadow dropped or coming in May

On one hand, if both get their own twitter trailers this week that would feel like a mark against the rumored April Direct, so I would be maybe 2% bummed… but I will still be 98% bouncing-off-my-walls excited because I’m dying to see more of the TTYD remake :)

What if these are MAR10 day announcements and Nintendo actually still has enough separate announcements for an April direct? 🤔

Can absolutely see something like the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct happening for announcements like this. Not a Mini or anything, just a Mario-focused direct. Hopefully we get actual release dates on these! Excited to play Luigi's Mansion.

remember when everyone had vibes and feels about Galaxy 2 🫠

Would be cool if they confirmed new content, if not I won't cop for a while

Ooh this should be fun, I was starting to worry that we'd have nothing dated beyond peach game. If Pyoro knows about it the trailers must be dropping soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see them spread out and dropped over the course of this week

I wonder what this means for a potential direct in the upcoming months.. 🤔

Knee jerk reaction is if both games are due out by June, or even July, then what the heck does Nintendk have planned for the second half of the year? The only other project announced is MP4!
I think we get Paper Mario in June and LM2 in September.

April Direct might give us MP 2+3 shadowdropped in April, Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War for July, Zelda Wind Waker for October and we close off the year with MP4 in November.

April Direct might give us MP 2+3 shadowdropped in April, Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War for July, Zelda Wind Waker for October and we close off the year with MP4 in November.

Nintendo had already said summer for Luigi's Mansion 2 ;)

I think Paper Mario is July because Nintendo loves to release games in very interested in around my birthday (Pikmin 4, Live a Live, Origami King, Skyward Sword HD, etc)

I could see them just dropping the dates for marketing and distribution purposes and then detailing them more in April. If they are coming out soon that is encouraging for the second half of the year.

I feel like a release date reveal for these games (plus another trailer or something for Princess Peach: Showtime!, too) was kinda obvious and extremely likely to happen on or around MAR10 after the Partner Showcase, Pyoro or not. I mean, Nintendo has a handful of Mario universe games releasing this year that all need more info revealed—and aside from Endless Ocean (which was just revealed and dated in the Partner Showcase), Metroid Prime 4 (which we still haven’t even had a proper reveal of, lol), and Pokémon Legends: Z-A (which was just revealed in the Pokémon Presents and isn’t coming out until next year) that’s literally all Nintendo has on their release schedule right now—and we’re close to MAR10, so it only makes sense.

I feel like this could lend some possible credence to there being a Nintendo Direct next month!

This is total speculation obviously but: I could totally see one of these games releasing in the middle of next month so it would probably need to be dated as early as they possibly could and then if they are going to do that, depending on what their plans are for both games, it just made sense of including the other one to get information as well! I'm not sure if this makes sense but I wouldn't say this adds towards or hurts the chances of a Direct next month!! :)

I could see them spreading out these announcements (maybe a one tomorrow, a Princess Peach trailer on Wednesday, and then the other one on Thursday) but I do wonder if we could see a smaller Mario themed Direct this Thursday or something along those lines? Maybe they could also officially confirm the sequel to the Mario Movie is in development as well? I know the individual announcements are probably more likely and then maybe on Sunday, they put out a press release for Mar10 Day saying to look forward to all the Mario franchise fun this year but I also feel like it would feel kind of weird to get two new trailers confirming two release dates in the same week (unless maybe the Paper Mario one isn't a confirmation for the date but instead a season release window)! :)

This gets me curious about the Direct rumors for sure. I expected expanded or final trailers for both games in the rumored April General Direct. This doesn't fully preclude those but it could and that leaves more room for conceivably more Switch 1 announcements for this year in that potential Direct.

Knee jerk reaction is if both games are due out by June, or even July, then what the heck does Nintendk have planned for the second half of the year? The only other project announced is MP4!
This is the same company that announced a remake for Arceus damned Another Code + R in September 2023 to launch in January 2024, and a 3rd Endless Ocean in February 2024 for launch in May 2024. They can have a showcase in April/May/June separate from Switch 2 that details 3-4 first party games coming.

Mario Direct to confirm -

• Paper Mario: TTYD for surprise April launch
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD for June
  • Mario Sports Megamix for July
  • Super Mario Party 2 for October
  • LEGO Super Mario The Videogame for November
  • The Super Mario Bros Movie The Videogame for 2025
  • Mario Paint HD announced, no date

Nintendoomed!

At least there are still some constants in this universe.

See, I've had those two flipped for the longest time. I pegged TTYD as a good start of fall game to lead into the holiday. Who knows...

ea41bcc95585020af4e62965bd993d74.gif

This is the same company that announced a remake for Arceus damned Another Code + R in September 2023 to launch in January 2024, and a 3rd Endless Ocean in February 2024 for launch in May 2024. They can have a showcase in April/May/June separate from Switch 2 that details 3-4 first party games coming.

If one of those titles is Star Fox related, then who am I to argue?

Galaxy 2 fans continue to be punished.

I could see them spreading out these announcements (maybe a one tomorrow, a Princess Peach trailer on Wednesday, and then the other one on Thursday) but I do wonder if we could see a smaller Mario themed Direct this Thursday or something along those lines? Maybe they could also officially confirm the sequel to the Mario Movie is in development as well? I know the individual announcements are probably more likely and then maybe on Sunday, they put out a press release for Mar10 Day saying to look forward to all the Mario franchise fun this year but I also feel like it would feel kind of weird to get two new trailers confirming two release dates in the same week (unless maybe the Paper Mario one isn't a confirmation for the date but instead a season release window)! :)
This is all really legit speculation! I didn't even think of the possibility of a MAR10 Day announcement of the movie sequel but that makes perfect sense because it's surely been in pre-production for months. Wonder if we're going straight to a sequel before something like a Luigi's Mansion or DK movie.

Nintendo loves the October spot for Luigi but I guess they already decided against that, so I expect both games by September at the latest. I do think Mario Party has a chance of being released this year. Mostly putting my prehistoric eggs in the DK basket for holiday. 🧺

You took me on quite an emotional rollercoaster 🎢 on this one! I think you were jesting on the last three but regardless I guess Lego Mario the videogame isn't inconceivable. 🧱

This is all really legit speculation! I didn't even think of the possibility of a MAR10 Day announcement of the movie sequel but that makes perfect sense because it's surely been in pre-production for months. Wonder if we're going straight to a sequel before something like a Luigi's Mansion or DK movie.

Nintendo loves the October spot for Luigi but I guess they already decided against that, so I expect both games by September at the latest. I do think Mario Party has a chance of being released this year. Mostly putting my prehistoric eggs in the DK basket for holiday. 🧺
If they wanted to go crazy, they could confirm a Donkey Kong project (game or movie) in a Mario themed Nintendo Direct as well but maybe I am reaching a little with that haha! If it is a franchise Direct, they probably do announce something new as well and I could definitely see Mario Party being that! :)

Wonder if that means it'll be a weird Sunday trailer or its coming earlier in the week? Either way bring on TTYD!
I'd imagine Friday or Monday?? Probably Friday so they can push it again on Sunday for MAR10 day

How funny would it be if Nintendo announced a Mini Direct so out of the blue we didn't even make a thread to speculate about it?

Would we have failed as a forum, Fami? And what does that mean for our future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom