• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Luigi mansion 2 and Paper Mario thousand year door announcement VERY SOON - Pyoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had the choice, now you would prefer to have Prime 4, a new DK and a new Mario Party in 2024 or crossgen releases in 2025 to accompany the dynamics of the Switch 2, even if it means settling for the rest of 2024 remakes/remasters like for example FE4, WW/TP HD, Todomachi Life or DK Country Returns?
The first option any day. There will be cross gen and exclusives for the whole of 2025 anyways, I'd bet on 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 4 and something Zelda, as well as Pokémon Legends ZA.

I've been waiting for Prime 4 for damn 7 years, DK fans have gone a decade without a game and in the end we'll only have Switch this year so we better have games for it as well. I'd also point out that if those games were moved to 2025 as cross gen, they wouldn't all be out by March at launch. They'd definitely space them out, and if we presume Mario for launch, Mario Kart for late Spring, PLZA and Luigi's Mansion 3 and something else for fall, some of those games would be delayed for like a year or more.

I'd definitely rather get a brand new DK game this fall than wait until late 2025 for it or having MP4 held on for another 6-9 months. The first holiday season of Switch 2 will be stacked no matter what, so a new Mario Party game will definitely be more needed this holiday season for Switch than next year for Switch 2. They also can have another one coming by 2026 exclusive for next gen.

I think Nintendo fans are just tired of waiting for the successor and for directs. When Nintendo breaks away from typical patterns (direct timing, rumored delayed systems, longer than expected/normal console life cycles, etc.,) people get antsie and want to know what's going on, which is when people turn to leakers.
That's great but like...I shouldn't be shouted down for saying 'Wow, the Thousand Year Door remake looks good" on the reddit post talking about the Thousand Year Door remake because "I'm not discussing how Pyroro got it right."

Like, it's clear that Pyroro has become the only conversation in the room and its making it hard to actually...talk about the games. Here it's better since it's mostly contained in another thread but like it's so constant that I don't want to discuss anything Nintendo because that's all people want to talk about.

If you had the choice, now you would prefer to have Prime 4, a new DK and a new Mario Party in 2024 or crossgen releases in 2025 to accompany the dynamics of the Switch 2, even if it means settling for the rest of 2024 remakes/remasters like for example FE4, WW/TP HD, Todomachi Life or DK Country Returns?
New Prrime New DK new mario party this year

A holiday lineup that consists of:
Sept: A party game from NDcube
Oct: Metroid Prime 4
Nov: A brand new Donkey Kong
Would basically be the best swan song Nintendo could give it.

NDcube has been on a regular cycle this gen with them being due this year, Prime 4 has likely been in development since 2018, and EPD Tokyo began hiring for their 2D title in Aug 2020. All three complement each other well, and I’d prefer to have them all come out now to really end the switch with a bang before next gen rather than make them cross-gen titles that are competing with for the ground up next gen games

That's great but like...I shouldn't be shouted down for saying 'Wow, the Thousand Year Door remake looks good" on the reddit post talking about the Thousand Year Door remake because "I'm not discussing how Pyroro got it right."

Like, it's clear that Pyroro has become the only conversation in the room and its making it hard to actually...talk about the games. Here it's better since it's mostly contained in another thread but like it's so constant that I don't want to discuss anything Nintendo because that's all people want to talk about.
Out of curiosity, what subreddit did you post that in? Because if it's GamingLeaksAndRumors that would make sense, it's a leak subreddit.

I will always strongly believe that there is no worthwhile discussion about Nintendo to be had outside of this site.

Yes and no. No if there’s an April Direct. Yes if there is no direct planned. A standard Mini would’ve sufficed;
this is a very lackluster way to announce release dates, hopefully overview trailer still on the way.
I'm assuming there's no Direct until June. Unless they do April and then nothing until September? Either way this a lame way to reveal the release date.

Seems like minimal marketing for a game that could sell very well. Hopefully it appears in a potential April direct with an overview trailer.

All hail Pyoro, the Prophet of the Big N.

As it is written!
intro-1710003771.jpg

Since these were officially announced, we are locking the thread. Discussion can love to respective pre-release threads. - Barely Able, VolcanicDynamo, meatbag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom