• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Luigi mansion 2 and Paper Mario thousand year door announcement VERY SOON - Pyoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star wars, my favorite mario game.
Tbh it’s all a win win for me, if pyoro was right we’re getting the dates of luigi mansion 2 and paper mario 2 tomorrow or in the weekend, if we don’t get them then pyoro was wrong and we can make memes about the red bird not being invincible.

Maybe it is coming Sunday

This does make me feel like there's a chance that it may not be a trailer and may just be social media posts plus a press release? I guess it depends on what happens before Sunday but I would find it (slightly) weird if they both got trailers in pretty close to succession to each other on the same day? It is really crazy seeing Nintendo begin to take Mario Day seriously after all these years though!!

Star wars, my favorite mario game.
Tbh it’s all a win win for me, if pyoro was right we’re getting the dates of luigi mansion 2 and paper mario 2 tomorrow or in the weekend, if we don’t get them then pyoro was wrong and we can make memes about the red bird not being invincible.

What?

The release date data for these games was probably updated on the eShop recently and that's all Pyoro saw, it will probably be announced soon.

I thought this as well, but if you look at his likes he liked a reply that was asking “Do we have news soon?”

Usually when Pyoro likes a persons tweet regarding his hints, it’s confirmation for said hint/tweet.
I mean yeah the reason he tweeted in the first place means news is around the corner but that doesn't mean there's anything this weekend or there will be a Direct, which is what I was criticizing.

Has anybody seriously not yet considered the possibility of a Monday announcement instead? "Mario day is on Sunday so we'll just announce these the following day instead."

Regardless we know for a fact we're getting that TTYD release date within the next few days. I've been waiting for this moment since September. An extra few days is nothing

Has anybody seriously not yet considered the possibility of a Monday announcement instead? "Mario day is on Sunday so we'll just announce these the following day instead."

Regardless we know for a fact we're getting that TTYD release date within the next few days. I've been waiting for this moment since September. An extra few days is nothing
Yeah Sunday makes sense

I mean yeah the reason he tweeted in the first place means news is around the corner but that doesn't mean there's anything this weekend or there will be a Direct, which is what I was criticizing.
Oh I thought it was joke, I don’t anticipate a direct either, but I am cautiously optimistic for some twitter drops soon on or adjacent to Mar10.

Oh sweet. Exclusive Mario content in Battlefront. A fascinating development in our Mar10 countdown.

Mario is totally a Sith. Luigi is a Jedi. Mythic family drama is the backbone of the Star Wars Saga, after all, so it checks out.

Oh sweet. Exclusive Mario content in Battlefront. A fascinating development in our Mar10 countdown.

Mario is totally a Sith. Luigi is a Jedi. Mythic family drama is the backbone of the Star Wars Saga, after all, so it checks out.
These are not the gearmos you're looking for.

TTYD is my favorite game so I can't wait for the remaster to release. The only Luigi's Mansion I'm fond of is the first one but I'm such a collector I don't know if I could let myself not buy the Dark Moon remaster. Why is it $60 ugh

TTYD is my favorite game so I can't wait for the remaster to release. The only Luigi's Mansion I'm fond of is the first one but I'm such a collector I don't know if I could let myself not buy the Dark Moon remaster. Why is it $60 ugh
I’m on the same boat, I’m probably going to wait for a price drop to pick up Dark Moon if there isn’t going to be any additional content.

Perhaps today is our lucky day? Maybe I’m delusional but if we don’t hear anything today, I’ll still be checking Twitter on Sunday just in case

I wonder if the news of Toriyama's passing would affect things.

CC2 for example closed / will close their offices early today due to that.

I wonder if the news of Toriyama's passing would affect things.

CC2 for example closed / will close their offices early today due to that.

Akira Toriyama died?

Oh god. I can't believe it. I was not prepared for this.

So is next week the week? Or are we getting Sunday announcements?
I think there's still a chance within the next hour or so but I think after that, Sunday becomes the next day to look towards and then if not then, probably on Monday at the latest!

LM2HD is so obvious for October that if it is not, if it is actually announced for the summer, I am hopeful that interesting things will be planned for the second half of the year.

LM2HD is so obvious for October that if it is not, if it is actually announced for the summer, I am hopeful that interesting things will be planned for the second half of the year.
But it was already teased for Summer. I can only see it moved for October to spread the releases caused by the Switch 2 delay.

But it was already teased for Summer. I can only see it moved for October to spread the releases caused by the Switch 2 delay.
That’s exactly my point, yes. If LM2 is still coming out this summer, I think that’s a good sign. Or it just means an emergency port of Wii U Zelda, DKC Returns, or Galaxy 2, who knows.

Still no tweet, isn't NOA usually pretty consistent with their tweets?

You asked, you shall receive.

NoE tweeted about Unicorn Overlord being available and there being a demo.
NoA tweeted about Fortnite.

:]

As a TTYD fan the wait for more news has been painful. I can’t complain though, Metroid Prime fans have it far worse.

I’m just so excited to see more!

I figure we're getting something unconventional on Sunday, or your typical twitter drop early next week - maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mario Direct is this Sunday but it's scheduled to drop during the hour that's skipped due to Daylight Savings Time and is thus never seen by man.

For all we know the new info on those games might not have anything to do with Mario day. That part is probably speculation on Pyoro's part. We just know it's coming soon but I remember being a bit of a gap between Pyoro teasing the Another Code demo and us getting it so it could easily be next week.

Today feels like the least likely day out of them all, given that it’s the weekend both here and in Japan. At least tomorrow is a Monday in Japan, which makes it a bit more plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom